Open 570: Making Friends and Enemies (Mafia Wins!)

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by goodmorning »

I see some serious problems on both sides of the current 1v1, but more on this tomorrow.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:36 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

Vote Count

Goodmorning: hephaestus, nopointinactingup
hephaestus: Peabody
Metal Sonic: Goodmorning
nopointinactingup: Scripten, Metal Sonic, Huntress, davesaz
Josh_B: Malakittens
Malakittens: BlueBloodedToffee, Josh_B
shinobi: ucitron00

Not voting: shinobi
With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-10-04 20:45:00)

Didn't realize I was so close to a page top. :(
Last edited by beastcharizard on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:13 pm

Post by davesaz »

Confirm I'm voting NPAU, but you also have me listed as not voting

No clue what you are talking about. :shifty:
Last edited by beastcharizard on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Post by davesaz »

Observations on the vote:

NPAU and hephaestus both voting GM is interesting because IIRC several people have floated hephaestus as their 2nd-3rd scummiest player. Perhaps both are scum and neither wants to move for fear of looking even more scummy?
What's up with Malakittens and Josh_B? Could be a double OMGUS with a side of BBT? IIRC (without going to the trouble to read back) I think that trio's votes have been pretty jumpy.
ucitron00 being on shinobi makes sense given the past couple of pages, but it's interesting that shinobi is the sole holdout on voting at this time.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:15 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 853, davesaz wrote:Observations on the vote:

NPAU and hephaestus both voting GM is interesting because IIRC several people have floated hephaestus as their 2nd-3rd scummiest player. Perhaps both are scum and neither wants to move for fear of looking even more scummy?
What's up with Malakittens and Josh_B? Could be a double OMGUS with a side of BBT? IIRC (without going to the trouble to read back) I think that trio's votes have been pretty jumpy.
ucitron00 being on shinobi makes sense given the past couple of pages, but it's interesting that shinobi is the sole holdout on voting at this time.

I probably have been very jumpy. BBT moderately so. Mala not so much. The only time she moved her vote that I can think of without ISOing her, was off of Nya/heph/??? and onto the GM wagon.- and that is what's up.
I said I was suspicious of her because of it. Then she OMGUS voted me, and I OMGUS'd her back because I wanted to lynch Heph and she started saying that I was trying to policy lynch and should try to go after someone harder.
I am now overwhelmed by the number of vanity votes that I've had.

Also shinobi admitted to Ucitron being town and unvoted him. I'm pretty sure he ninja'd the VC.
About WIFOM: Sometimes I just get thirsty and drink both glasses.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:03 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Sigh.

Prod dodge whilst waiting for Mala's wagon to pick up.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:18 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 855, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Sigh.

Prod dodge whilst waiting for Mala's wagon to pick up.

Do you think this is likely to happen?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:23 am

Post by Malakittens »

Lolno. It won't happen.

Josh. There can be games I hop a lot others I dont. It depends on how I'm approaching the game scum hunting wise etc.

Please tell me where I omgus voted you. I was not really liking your posts at all besides the one that felt town, but its something scum or town could do either way.

Also I voted hopped more than you are making out to not have hopped. Voted my RVS then nyayayaa, then bbt, then GM then you.

So yeah anyone who I was trying to read or actively hunt. So all my votes have had reasons besides maybe BBT with the votes.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:25 am

In post 857, Malakittens wrote:
Please tell me where I omgus voted you.

You OMGUS'ed him when you said you were town-reading him, then he said he was suspicious of you and then you were scum-reading him.

It has been pointed out to you before.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:30 am

I pointed it out to you in and you never fully addressed it.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:19 am

Post by beastcharizard »

Hepheastus replied saying he would continue if i gave him the chance and no one else has said they wanted to replace in so they are back in the game.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:09 am

Post by goodmorning »

I need to eat something, but main Shinobi problem: case a bit weak, reluctance to share not great. main uct problem: prodding people is absolutely not antitown and he needs to explain why he said that.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Mala wagon isn't happening, so if we could just not.

@GM: So what if my case was weak? I thought it was strong. I pushed it and I figured out I was wrong. What's the problem with that?
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

In post 705, goodmorning wrote:
In post 701, nopointinactingup wrote:
In post 652, Shinobi wrote:This game gets my fullest attention tomorrow.

Why did NPAU put GM to L-1? His vote moves around so much for such faulty reasons. Ugh.

SO you don't think I should wagon my scum read? I already mentioned why she's scum.

I'm going to point out that your "case" on me appears to be "I don't like 29, wah."

Yet your first vote on me, which came after 29, was "a pressure vote."

Interesting.

I had a lot of points on my case. Not just 29.

In post 707, Shinobi wrote:NPAU you have like 50 scumreads.

Don't get pissy at me when I call you out for having too many.

I don't know where you are going with this because I had two.

In post 723, Huntress wrote:
In post 701, nopointinactingup wrote:I didn't see this tbh.
First, your vote was on Expresso, which is a RVS? If not, you did not provide reasoning for it so I failed to see it otherwise
Second, I saw that you were asking a lot of questions without coming to some sort of conclusion or read. I dropped the vote on you because I thought there was better things to do with my vote.

First, I did explain it, in post and a bit more in . Are you actually reading my posts? Or are you just taking potshots at me?
Second, which of my questions are you referring to here? If you wanted to know what I thought about something, why didn't you just ask me?

1> Ok you did, still not a reason to retain that vote for 4 posts. Maybe I wasn't reading your post carefully but you started this conversation so no .. I was not taking potshots at you either.
2> Because. That's not my style. I'm not going to point out all the questions you made during and before post 143 because that's just dumb.
The point is I thought you were suspicious because you didn't draw any pressure/conclusive votes after interacting with the players. I know that was a small point to draw on so I didn't hesitate to unvote you.

~~~~~~~~

Ok. I'm probably the lynch for today, party because somehow this game doesn't make sense to me, partly because I don't really feel like making further efforts to defend myself or pushing my case.

RE: Ulcitron vs Shinobi: I do think Shinobi has a point and alignment speculating based on non-flips is bad play, but it doesn't necessarily lead to Ulcitron being scum. The point about Ulcitron flipping out isn't that strong. This is most likely TvT.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:06 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Shin -- I didn't like the defense in the newbie game and I sure as hell don't like it now. T_T

At first I misread NPAU's post thought he was saying he was okay with the lynch on himself. Which felt like AtE, but reading back on it further is not what he said at all.

I'm off today so I'll prob look through the game a bit more, but deadline is close so we do need a lynch. So I'll put my vote to the NPAU wagon if needed.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:29 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

In post 861, goodmorning wrote:I need to eat something, but main Shinobi problem: case a bit weak, reluctance to share not great. main uct problem: prodding people is absolutely not antitown and he needs to explain why he said that.

It wasn't a prod, it was him saying "lets lynch this fuck"

You can't read his abrasive language and think it was a townie prodding for info
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:30 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

In post 862, Shinobi wrote:Mala wagon isn't happening, so if we could just not.

@GM: So what if my case was weak? I thought it was strong. I pushed it and I figured out I was wrong. What's the problem with that?

Can you rehash everything you learned please, I'm not getting why you think I'm town as opposed to before all of a sudden when you cursed me out
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

And it would be nice if you did it in an easy to understand format, with your "case" to boot again

This wouldn't be just for me, this would be for everyone to read. You wouldn't mind doing that now, thx.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

In post 841, Shinobi wrote:
In post 839, uctriton00 wrote:
In post 835, Shinobi wrote:You are never going to convince your target that they are mafia. That is simply not how this game works.

I reread this like 3 times but am assuming you misworded it. "You are never going to convince your target that they are mafia."

What are you talking about? Are you saying I am trying to convince you that you are Mafia? Are you trying to convince me that I am Mafia? What? As far as I know, all I did was ask "Shinobi, why am I the bullshit on the wagon? Why is it me?"

I'm mad at you because you simply said "I don't have to explain anything to you". That to me is scummy.

So am I scummy because you're mad at me or am I scummy because I play the game differently than you?

You're scummy because you are acting scummy and pretty flaky. I'm trying to follow your logical thought processes and I don't get it, I'm worried you're trying to fake things and make up stuff you don't really see. So yes, it answers both.

And also address that slip I quoted of you; what do you mean "you are never going to convince your target they are mafia". Who is convincing who? When did that happen?
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:44 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 864, Malakittens wrote:Shin -- I didn't like the defense in the newbie game and I sure as hell don't like it now. T_T

At first I misread NPAU's post thought he was saying he was okay with the lynch on himself. Which felt like AtE, but reading back on it further is not what he said at all.

I'm off today so I'll prob look through the game a bit more, but deadline is close so we do need a lynch. So I'll put my vote to the NPAU wagon if needed.

It should be going on the Heph wagon. Like this...

VOTE: Hephastus

everyone's vote should be doing this.
About WIFOM: Sometimes I just get thirsty and drink both glasses.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:25 am

Post by Huntress »

As far as I can see the clash between Shinobi and uctriton started with Shinobi misunderstanding why uctriton voted NPAU and then went on with the two of them talking at cross-purposes a bit. Which begs the question of whether the misunderstanding was genuine. I think it probably was.

Their only previous connection seems to be uctriton's post , where he said Shinobi's reactions to Toffee were scummy, especially his post . Shinobi never responded to that and uctriton never followed it up, neither did he mention Shinobi when giving his reads in .

Nothing more until Shinobi attacks uct in to to which uct responds calmly at first but later flips out over it.

@ Uctriton:

What happened to your early scum read on Shinobi?
Why does a single vote on you bother you so much?

In post 826, uctriton00 wrote:3) I missed it; answering it now: the scum motivation is that you said you had a case on me and started voting, instead of immediately sharing it.

That's fact not motivation. It's also something that town do too so what makes it scummy in this particular case?

In post 833, Josh_B wrote:
In post 812, Huntress wrote:@ Josh: Am I right in thinking that your current scum reads are NPAU, Heph, MS, Mala and possibly Zeb/Dave?
No. Maybe. I'm think I'm ok with you thinking this.

Mala is getting sorted. Who are your scum reads?

Is that no to NPAU, maybe to Heph, and dodging the question to MS and dave?

My current scum reads are Npau and davesaz (his recent posting hasn't changed that), and I'm wondering about uctriton at the moment. No conclusion there yet as I'm shirking the idea that I need to do a meta-read to check that playstyle isn't affecting my read of him.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:13 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 863, nopointinactingup wrote:1> Ok you did, still not a reason to retain that vote for 4 posts. Maybe I wasn't reading your post carefully but you started this conversation so no .. I was not taking potshots at you either.
2> Because. That's not my style. I'm not going to point out all the questions you made during and before post 143 because that's just dumb.
The point is I thought you were suspicious because you didn't draw any pressure/conclusive votes after interacting with the players. I know that was a small point to draw on so I didn't hesitate to unvote you.

1. What does the number of posts have to do with anything? I left the vote on because I hadn't decided where else to put it, and until he flaked he was my top scum read. The flaking mostly negated that though, and Scripten's posting set him back to null. But the point was that you claimed I
hadn't
provided reasoning, implying that you had checked, maybe hoping that those reading wouldn't bother to read and see you were misleading them?

2. Again you are trying to back down because you know you can't back up your accusation with fact. I'll make it easy for you: Give me one person you thought I didn't vote or offer a conclusion about.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:36 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 868, uctriton00 wrote:You're scummy because you are acting scummy

damn!
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:53 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 872, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 868, uctriton00 wrote:You're scummy because you are acting scummy

damn!

Lol'd irl.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:53 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 864, Malakittens wrote:Shin -- I didn't like the defense in the newbie game and I sure as hell don't like it now. T_T

Sorry, I defend my townreads.

Return to “Completed Open Games”