Mini 436 - Game over - Mafia wins with no casualties!

Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:49 am

Post by Miztef »

Right now, I have no major suspects, only some minorly scummy ones. Until I find/see some real evidence against someone, I don't think I'll be rushing into a lynch today.

I don't feel bad about lynching hurrikaty. She was being unresponsive and causing great confusion with her "I'm lurking, sorry, but I'll post soon" posts. I feel it was a good choice made by the town. That's why it's hard to decide on suspects in this case, scum could have quite easily slipped into the bandwagon or not been on the katy lynch at all.

Some other notes:

Although I don't find truegossip's posts very scummy, snichkin and PI were both high on my scumlist at some point, so I think I'll keep an eye on him.

VanDamien's latest posts have made me slighty more suspicious of him, Jumping to vote Vollkan of all people seems a bit unreasonable. I myself have found vollkan quite helpful, and have little reason to vote him.

I'd like more content rich posts from ryan. It seems like only 1/10 of his posts have much real content.

I'm fairly suspicious of Paradoxombie today. Yesterday it seemed he was adamant on killing ABR and many of his posts became irrational and emotional. He then switched to hurrikaty in the end, stateing that:
Paradoxombie wrote:Wow, I gotta say, I didn't think any possible occurance could ever convince me to vote anyone but ABR, short of a believable cop claim

It looks like I was very wrong

Vote: HurriKaty

just wow

it is unfortunate, though, that we'll get essentially no clues from her death if she is scum
Since both these players have been found as town, it leads me to believe it is possible he is scum attacking the most viable bandwagon.

I feel that paradox/VanDamien/Truegossip are the players to watch out for today. Also, SC's replacement will be under my gaze of suspicion as well, based mostly on low content.

Mod edit
Votecount:
Vollkan 1 (VanDamien)
DeathSauce 1 (ryan)

Not voting: DeathSauce, TopHat, Miztef, Paradoxombie, Trustgossip, StallingChamp, vollkan

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.
I am looking for a replacement for TopHat and StallingChamp. As I understood it, StallingChamp is banned from the site.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:45 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Miztef wrote: I'm fairly suspicious of Paradoxombie today. Yesterday it seemed he was adamant on killing ABR and many of his posts became irrational and emotional. He then switched to hurrikaty in the end, stateing that:
Paradoxombie wrote:Wow, I gotta say, I didn't think any possible occurance could ever convince me to vote anyone but ABR, short of a believable cop claim

just wow

it is unfortunate, though, that we'll get essentially no clues from her death if she is scum
Since both these players have been found as town, it leads me to believe it is possible he is scum attacking the most viable bandwagon.

ABR was clearly lying, I still don't understand why you guys couldn't see that.

So first I bandwagon a liar and then someone you admit was extremely anti-town and just because they both turned out to be actually town that makes me suspicious?

doesn't seem justified to me.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:54 am

Post by DeathSauce »

OK, I am day late, and I wish I had something grand and earthshaking to say, but SO MANY of the pages of this thread are about ABR!

I felt that he was probably scum, and I was suspicious of those who seemed interested in letting him live until Day 2, because I didn't understand the motivation. It is obvious now why ABR was so determined to make any deal that would let him survive until Day 2, and I'm a little upset with myself for pointing out that that seemed to be his main goal, because it may have tipped off the scum about his true role.
VanDamien wrote: We're probably either 6:3 or 5:3:1.
Wouldn't it have to be 5:3:1? Obviously there are 2 Night killing entities. That's why I thought it was dangerous to come out with a vote immediately after night. If you are town then the 3:1 can quicklynch on Day 2. I'd rather have a few more pages of discussion before anyone votes.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:58 am

Post by Miztef »

DeathSauce wrote:OK, I am day late, and I wish I had something grand and earthshaking to say, but SO MANY of the pages of this thread are about ABR!

I felt that he was probably scum, and I was suspicious of those who seemed interested in letting him live until Day 2, because I didn't understand the motivation. It is obvious now why ABR was so determined to make any deal that would let him survive until Day 2, and I'm a little upset with myself for pointing out that that seemed to be his main goal, because it may have tipped off the scum about his true role.
VanDamien wrote: We're probably either 6:3 or 5:3:1.
Wouldn't it have to be 5:3:1? Obviously there are 2 Night killing entities. That's why I thought it was dangerous to come out with a vote immediately after night. If you are town then the 3:1 can quicklynch on Day 2. I'd rather have a few more pages of discussion before anyone votes.
It's possible there is a vig which makes it 6:3. We are still in trouble no matter what the situation though. We lost 2 huge power roles and could be in LYLO.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:01 am

Post by ryan »

I realize that the count of how many mafia to how many town is important but it seems very distracting to worry about the count instead of worrying about who is scum, how about we hunt some scum now? :D
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:49 am

Post by ryan »

Paradoxombie wrote:
Miztef wrote: I'm fairly suspicious of Paradoxombie today. Yesterday it seemed he was adamant on killing ABR and many of his posts became irrational and emotional. He then switched to hurrikaty in the end, stateing that:

just wow

So first I bandwagon a liar and then someone you admit was extremely anti-town and just because they both turned out to be actually town that makes me suspicious?

Well what direction do you suggest we go now? Without our doctor and cop we are in kind of a delicate situation
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

If I had a suggestion I would have posted it
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:01 pm

Post by vollkan »

I think one major factor in our problem is that nearly all of day 1 centred on ABR. Now that he is gone we are lacking a way to go about this and we are under a lot of pressure.

I will make an attempt to spark some discussion:

I think what Miztef meant is that if you were a scum, you would have known both ABR and HK were both pro-town or possible pro-town and SK. Hence, his suspicion comes from you bandwagoning two people who ended up being town.

Though, the same might equally be said of VD who, at [182], unvoted ABR for the purpose of being the hammerer on the belief that ABR was lying. Then, at [362], VD states:

I still don't believe Al, and hate that our cop could have to claim day 2 after only one investigation. I reiterate my willingness to hammer.

Until then Vote: Hurrikaty as its the next best lead.
What I am pointing to here, is that both VD and Para wanted ABR lynched and then changed to HK. Miztef's post did not deal with them both. Something else is the way that they justified their change of mind - VD: "...as its next best lead" and Para: "...I was very wrong. Just wow."

Other comments,
Ryan, most of your posts of late are single sentence questions.
I realize that the count of how many mafia to how many town is important but it seems very distracting to worry about the count instead of worrying about who is scum, how about we hunt some scum now?
and
Well what direction do you suggest we go now? Without our doctor and cop we are in kind of a delicate situation
It seems like you want other people to lead the discussion whilst talking enough so that you don't seem to be lurking. I'd like to see some substance from you rather than these one-liners.

Trust, Miz and Death I don't get much of a read on here.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:59 pm

Post by ryan »

Sorry vollkan but I agree alot of these threads are on ABR, and it's hard to see anyone else except that crazy bastard (lol) I'll get a more detailed post as time permits this week
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:03 am

Post by Miztef »

Ok, it's time to push more info out of people. I think paradox or VD are a good start, so I'll flip a coin and.....
Vote: Paradoxombie
(because I got heads)
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:15 am

Post by ryan »

DeathSauce wrote:Oops, sorry about the disappearance, but it looks like I wasn't alone. Where did everyone go?
Read to me like a very lurky move and a convenient excuse to not post something
DeathSauce wrote:OK, I am day late, and I wish I had something grand and earthshaking to say, but SO MANY of the pages of this thread are about ABR!
Content was promised and than not delivered as the ABR excuse makes it way out again and although I realize that ABR did muddy up the thread it’s still important as a town member to probe and find the mafia, this was his “promised detailed post” Very wishy washy to me. Also seems to be more worried about the ratio of town to mafia than actually finding mafia. I’m confident in my vote. I’ll look at some of the other “active” players next
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:44 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Try quoting that entire 3 paragraph post before you accuse me of not delivering any content in it.
more worried about the ratio of town to mafia than actually finding mafia
I was clarifying a point made by another poster, why have you come out more than once against our trying to determine what forces migh be working against us?

Congratulations, you just made my scumdar screen.

FOS:ryan
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:48 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Also, could you be more of a hypocrite? How can you attack that post when you made THIS post, quoted in it's ENTIRETY, just yesterday!?
Sorry vollkan but I agree alot of these threads are on ABR, and it's hard to see anyone else except that crazy bastard (lol) I'll get a more detailed post as time permits this week
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:10 am

Post by ryan »

DeathSauce wrote:Also, could you be more of a hypocrite? How can you attack that post when you made THIS post, quoted in it's ENTIRETY, just yesterday!?

#1 I understand trying to find the setup of the game BUT we seem to be going about this counterproductive. Why not analyze the players we have instead of worrying about the setup? I find it to be "busy work" and done just to look active. IF we find a scum correct today than we put ourselves closer to winning, which is our goal correct?

#2 I agree that ABR muddied up the game BUT that can't be an excuse not to post content about players and activity. And with that being said....................
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:15 am

Post by ryan »

Reading the game through again here is some things I picked out. (depending on activity of course)

DeathSauce: Thinks ABR is town (215) Wants to get new players imput to get some fresh perspective. Finds VD made a quick vote on ABR’s death and is suspicious. 502 again seems distracting and not much into finding scum. Basically just about ABR, being gone and doesn’t have anything to say. Also brings up the setup (again) eventually we are going to have to worry more about scum instead of the setup and numbers that are counterproductive and done (IMO) to look active when you really aren’t.

TopHat goombapatrol054: Being replaced and a good thing because I have NO clue on his role as he hasn’t posted much of anything. Definetly a non contributor

Miztef: Seems to be pretty pro town as has been somebody who’s brought up discussion and continued discussion. Was one of the first that didn’t like how ABR was seen by the players and had the idea of keeping him around to Day 2 (160) Had suspicion of Para (238) Post 381 was strange as he put HK and Ivy as scummy and than said that HK promising content was more scummy than a lurker. Dropped the hammer on HK and while the hammer can be seen as scummy this time it was the town’s agreement that HK was scum. Thinks Lowell as protown and throws out that VD is suspicious as well. Post 500 was appreciated as Miztef continues to show his towniness (IMO) as he looks at the current active players. Thinks paradox/VanDamien/Truegossip are three to watch out for, doesn’t say what he feels they could be but throws a red flag at them. 509 a pressure vote on para to get posting

Paradoxombie: Asking about a SK in 482 was interesting as that really hadn’t been brought up until you did. Has posted very little viable content. Seems to be ABR’s #1 target, did ABR see something that we are missing? Did agree to die to prove ABR’s “guilt” but sacrificing townies is not my #1 way to play this game. Returns to post and say that a SK could have taken out ABR but offers little explanation on the SK theory. 501 admits to bandwagoning and is upset that just because it didn’t work out that the town has turned on him. Post 506 is not helpful to the town and not even enough to consider lurking

TrustGossip: Replaced in with a somewhat negative outlook on the game. Not much of a post in 486, says he’s here but that ABR has muddied the waters and isn’t very positive about Day 2. 489 admits to “not contributing” A possible scum lurker who I'll be watching a little closer now

StallingChamp: Ever since his “girlfriend problem” hasn’t posted a whole heck of a lot to give me a good read. Post 318 about “forgetting the game” was a little weird. How do you forget you signed up for a game? Possible lurking. Did bring up the “jester role” in post 442 which was odd. 359 post was interesting as he’s calling out lurkers BUT had lurked quite a bit to that point. 373 is a defensive vote and an odd one. (425) FoS’s me for asking that HK be given a chance to clarify her stance in the game and says I let a lurker go by, well what have you been doing?

VanDamien: Started out actively looking for scum in the first few pages, than kind of dropped off. Still wondering if he did this to give the impression he was active and is now lurking. Seemed to be the leader in the “lynch ABR” discussion. Will drop the hammer on ABR if he gets to -1 (which he did) Claimed vanilla in 193. Offered to die to help the town (204) Tries to get the town to take out ABR Day 1 and gives reasons why Day 2 is bad (257) Post 341 talks about lynching mafia three consecutive times BUT we still hadn’t lost any players yet, did he have an idea that his scum buddies were playing the game well enough to take a large lead? Suspects Vollkan could be cooking the numbers to throw off the town. Comes back in 491 with some observations on Trust, Para and Death, tries to stand out and say he doesn’t need people to follow as he’s a leader

vollkan: Has kept it pretty vanilla. Not too quick to lynch when Snichken got close to a hammer. Did ask VD and ABR what situation they wanted (208) I would have rather seen him ask the town what situation we were interested in doing. Says that his numbers were a mistake and meant to keep up discussion. 492 comes back and talks about a few of the comments made about him. Has also been big on the "Setup" of the game but still seems to be looking for our scum although having more of a stance on players would be appreciated. Seems to not want to be assertive with votes and opinions, hoping that he takes more of a stand with who he thinks our scum is
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:02 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Ryan, I am taking summer classes and they are killing me.

And I think I have contributed something very important that you are obviously too obtuse to construe as assistence:
TrustGossip wrote:This might be a situation where the
rats
stay
on
the ship.
Translated:

Because we have lost both a cop and a doctor, the game is in a state where the scum should become bolder in their movements and designs. If I'm conjecturing correctly (this is a big if), they would amplify whatever they were doing Day One; be it playing exactly as if they were town, flying under the radar with moderately helpful but ultimately misleading, namedropping and headhunter tactics, or any myriad of possible behaviors.

Blame it on inexperience/laziness/lack of time, but I'm not entirely sure what the above means for our scumhunt.

Thank you ryan, for the slightly slanderous mention of my name that has provoked me out of doing calculus homework to respond in this game.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:24 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Oh and FYI: ryan, StallingChamp is banned, at least for the moment, for activities concerning a newbie game he IHed.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:40 am

Post by ryan »

TrustGossip wrote:Ryan, I am taking summer classes and they are killing me.

And I think I have contributed something very important that you are obviously too obtuse to construe as assistence:
TrustGossip wrote:This might be a situation where the
rats
stay
on
the ship.
Translated:

Because we have lost both a cop and a doctor, the game is in a state where the scum should become bolder in their movements and designs. If I'm conjecturing correctly (this is a big if), they would amplify whatever they were doing Day One; be it playing exactly as if they were town, flying under the radar with moderately helpful but ultimately misleading, namedropping and headhunter tactics, or any myriad of possible behaviors.

Blame it on inexperience/laziness/lack of time, but I'm not entirely sure what the above means for our scumhunt.

Thank you ryan, for the slightly slanderous mention of my name that has provoked me out of doing calculus homework to respond in this game.
I think I was pretty fair in my assessment of you in this game. You haven't posted a whole lot of content, you have admitted to lurking and you just admitted that because I brought up your name you came out of "doing your homework" to post. Obviously that means you are keeping track of the thread without posting content which to me is anti-town. I realize you had the comment about the scum possibly acting bolder (which was a good point) But nobody is really acting like anything right now and whether that be due to fear of lynching another townie or inactivity, getting some discussion going is our #1 asset right now which is what I had hoped to do with my analysis.

I had heard about StallingChamp's little "mishap" but didn't know what the current status was of his activity on the site, thanks for the imput.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:11 am

Post by vollkan »

I think I was pretty fair in my assessment of you in this game. You haven't posted a whole lot of content, you have admitted to lurking and you just admitted that because I brought up your name you came out of "doing your homework" to post. Obviously that means you are keeping track of the thread without posting content which to me is anti-town. I realize you had the comment about the scum possibly acting bolder (which was a good point) But nobody is really acting like anything right now and whether that be due to fear of lynching another townie or inactivity, getting some discussion going is our #1 asset right now which is what I had hoped to do with my analysis.
Whilst Gossip has not been saying much, I would raise two letters in rebuttal to your line of argument: HK. HK was even worse than Gossip in terms of lurking, since Gossip at least has a decent excuse, and HK was town. I don't say this to negate your point, it is just a qualification that needs to be added.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:40 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Just letting you guys know I'll be in the mountains for the next 4-5 days, so no posts from me.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:38 pm

Post by VanDamien »

I'm here, but running out of time to post coherently this morning.

For now, even though post 518 pings,
unvote: vollkan

New vote coming tonight.
Fnord is the whole donut.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:00 am

Post by Miztef »

I'd still like to see some pressure on paradox. He's one of my top suspects right now.

I'm also anxious to hear what VD's new vote is going to be and his explaination behind it.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:10 am

Post by ryan »

Actually Miztef just hearing some thoughts from Para would be a welcome change. Also was TopHat going to be replaced? And what about StallingChamp?
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:41 am

Post by VanDamien »

Explanation? Who ever said you get explanation with my new vote?

Paradoxombie and DeathSauce are scum; along with either vollkan or Trust, and I lean towards vollkan.

Miztef, ryan, TopHat, StallingChamp, and me are town, along with the one of Trust or vollkan who is not scum.

DeathSauce is gone for a few days, so he can wait.
vote: Paradoxombie

Much of this has been confirmed to me by what people have said. More is obvious to me by posting patterns. That is all for now.
Fnord is the whole donut.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by Miztef »

A little upfront with your opinion there aren't you VD?

just a few posts ago you were voting vollkan, yet now you basically saying you're fairly sure Paradox and DeathSauce are scum? Just seems a bit off to me, however I do agree that paradox and deathsauce are fine suspects.

Out of Vollkan or Trust, I want to say Trust is the more scummy, but frankly, I don't find either all that suspicious.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”