Mini Normal 1609: The Case Of Doctor Pepper (Game Over)

Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:06 am

Post by Doogal121 »

@jagged: Your slot was scummy before you came in (not your fault) however, there wasn’t much pushing and questioning and such after you came in. All your time spent on the fence is making you look like opportunistic scum.

@GC: Every claim helps the scum, no? So, with 2 days to deadline and 5 people who have already claimed (and one you are more than happy to see hang, Csareo/Titus), you start a new wagon. What are you going to do if he gets to L-1 with 12 hours to the deadline and he claims cop? Or, knowing this game, 1 shot BP/Vig/Doc. Or VT? The town move to make is to go back, make your case on Csareo again and push like hell.
V/LA Weekends and Major Holidays.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:07 am

Post by massive »

You people are monsters. 30 pages over the weekend? I'm starting. Will try and post it in chunks.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:08 am

Post by Doogal121 »

In post 2424, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Flubber, Boon and Doogal have been on 3 separate wagons together so far, GreyIce, myself and now JA. Their voting has been very similar in this game, I would bet there is at least one scum in those three, possibly two.

Technically, that's 2 wagons, since Greyice and JA are the same person. How about we get a flip on JA and see how scummy myself, flubber and boon are? You up for that BBT?
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:19 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 2427, Doogal121 wrote:
In post 2424, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Flubber, Boon and Doogal have been on 3 separate wagons together so far, GreyIce, myself and now JA. Their voting has been very similar in this game, I would bet there is at least one scum in those three, possibly two.

Technically, that's 2 wagons, since Greyice and JA are the same person. How about we get a flip on JA and see how scummy myself, flubber and boon are? You up for that BBT?

OK, my bad.

Two wagons on three separate occasions. Pretty much the only time you're not all voting together is when any of you have unvoted.

I think I would be much happier to lynch scum. How does that sound to you?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:24 am

Post by Doogal121 »

In post 2428, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 2427, Doogal121 wrote:

OK, my bad.

Two wagons on three separate occasions. Pretty much the only time you're not all voting together is when any of you have unvoted.

I think I would be much happier to lynch scum. How does that sound to you?

Sounds great. Tell me why pointy toaster isn't scum.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:34 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Back end of wagon is scummy.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:36 am

Post by Doogal121 »

In post 2430, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Back end of wagon is scummy.

Tell my why sharp microwave isn't scummy.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:39 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 2431, Doogal121 wrote:
In post 2430, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Back end of wagon is scummy.

Tell my why sharp microwave isn't scummy.

Because I thought GreyICE was town and Jagged Appliance's "fencesitting" might be misunderstood indecisiveness.

FakeGod, are you confident that Jagged Appliance will flip scum?
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:44 am

Post by Doogal121 »

@TTH, I don't mean to sound rude but please don't answer for BBT, his answer on this will help us for day 2 when we are doing VCA and flip associations.

@BBT, you have just admitted that JA's flip will help your associated reads come day 2. And we have already established that a claim from AK will only help scum. So, why not put your vote where your mouth is and vote JA. Or tell me why you know he isn't scum, Since you implied that he isn't at 2428. Tell me why you think that.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:47 am

Post by massive »

Sorry, this is going to backdate a lot of stuff, if I repeat something someone has already said, well, tough noogies.

1729:
Wake
: I think I've realized what your "problem" is. There's a distinction that needs to be made between what's "possible" and what's "probable." It doesn't behoove any of us to have you constantly espousing every possibility, every configuration in the game, because it creates a higher noise floor that we then have to sift through to get at the truth. Yes, it's technically possible for these things to happen. But it will help the rest of us if you can get some focus on the more likely scenarios.

1744:
BBT
: "Also, all this talk of meta is driving me crazy." One of the things I've been seeing in many new games is how much players rely on previous games to create reads. I'm not sure if it's a progression of skill or what, but it's no substitute for things actually IN the game.

1749 Csareo defending Boon! Get out. I would not have seen that coming. Sarcasm.

1756:
Boon
: "WHY THE [SMURF] WOULD I CLAIM TRACKER AS SCUM?!": It's not a horrible choice, as the results are easy to fake -- you just claim you investigated the nightkill. Much easier, in fact, than cop or some other PR, as it gives you a chance to create some smokescreen.

1773:
Boon
: "You [BBT] and massive are my strongest scum reads. massive might actually be about to surpass you in that regard.": Do you have something you'd like to point to specifically, or are you just going to throw my name around?

1795: WELL THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY

... aaaaaand by 1798 I realized I was betting myself on how many people would demand to see the contents of this new PT.

... aaaaaand by 1799 already seriously FakeGod? I don't know why but I expect better from you.

1809:
Csareo
: "BBT had a lot of time on his hands, let's not forget.": He's not really going to suggest that BBT is both a fake-neighbor and a fake-mason, is he?

HA HE DID HOLY CATS

OK ... I need a mental break, I didn't make it as far as I had hoped. I should have known by all the pages to expect something crazy.

------

Things to keep in mind as I go.

1724: How did FG's sorting of Boon's meta end up?
... as of 1800, seems to be working to keep Boon alive but makes no mention of reviewing the meta
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:50 am

Post by Doogal121 »

@Massive: You haven't even gotten to the fun part yet. Srsly. I'm not screwing with you. It involves somebody claiming vengeful and suggesting a gambit. Wanna take a guess before you read further?
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:53 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

One weekend without posting and the whole game goes to shit once again.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:05 am

In post 2325, Green Crayons wrote:
@Anatole:

1) Reading your ISO, I came away with one, consistent theme: GreyICE is super suspicious for his single LAL vote against you. However, I found this to be an odd exchange:
In post 148, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 145, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Are you townreading GreyICE for being an opportunistic liar or for being a hypocrite?
I think GreyICE is over-zealously pushing a misunderstanding based on a couple behaviors I'm seeing. He asked you twice prior to the "calling out" post what your experience with neighbors was (post 73 and post 81).
To me, this seems indicative of someone who thinks he's caught you in a contradiction and wants to make sure you're actually making the argument he thinks you're making. I can't think of any scum motivation GreyICE would have in allowing you to correct yourself. The "gotcha'!" post itself (post 106) reads as genuine as well; the large, bolded font, the short sentence structure, and the link to the actual game in question all imply confidence to me that I don't think would be seen in scum, especially given that anyone can follow the link and judge the game for themselves.

While his efforts here are misguided, I think GreyICE actually believes what he's saying.

In post 149, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
I'm inclined to agree, which makes it even more annoying.

for the record - I wasn't trying to avoid answering his question, I just couldn't remember games in particular without breaking any site rules about referring to ongoing games (which is the main reason why I won't discuss any others, unless greyice digs another game up that had neighbors).

Why did you make a full 180 retreat from this position?

I'll be completely honest, part of my reaction to GreyICE was a pretty childish pride and I wanted him to be embarrased for such an obvious fuck-up trying to make a case towards me. I wanted the attention to stay on him as long as he was in the game until he came back in, apologized, and looked like an idiot. Jagged Alliance is scummy for different reasons, basically the same stuff you would probably accuse me of with the addition of opportunistic voting.

I can't tell if you're saying that my 180 retreat was me townreading or scumreading him. Can you elaborate on what exactly you find suspicious?

2) It took until for you to suggest that you found someone
other
than GreyICE suspicious. Why so long? (You've mentioned several times that you form townreads before scumreads, so am I to presume that it takes you over a 1000 posts to figure out more than one suspicious player?)

Yeah I honestly don't do shit day 1 in almost 100% of my games (sometimes I'll see something early and push hard).

3) Was , where you simply ask Rufflig what he thinks about BBT, in response to his comment that he's curious about what you think about BBT, the only push on your Rufflig suspicions? I didn't see anything else. Why such a sparse push? What did it tell you about Rufflig?

That wasn't really a push. Flubber and Rufflig making vague implications of a potential case seemed like a lazy FoS and I was trying to figure out why so I flipped it over on Rufflig a little bit. Didn't learn anything probably.

4) You state that you think Rufflig was suspicious for "asking for pressure or implying there is something I'm not being upfront about despite me answering any question given," and then suggested that Rufflig and Flubber
both
acted in this manner. So, then, why didn't you mention being willing to vote Flubber in ?

This is a fair question. I don't think either are worth voting now, for what it's worth.

I don't see the scum case here.
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:05 am

Post by Doogal121 »

In post 554, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:So, here's where I'm at right now;

Town

AK
Rufflig
Massive
Wake
---------
TTH
Flubber
Csareo

Null

GreyICE
Doogal121
Rambler

Scum

scrambles
Boonskiies

One of my null reads is prob scum as well.

Tell me how AK went from your top town read to scum.

In post 957, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Associative reads are bad with no flips. Just saying.

Great, lets lynch serrated dishwasher and get some associative reads.
In post 2038, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:OK, well I don't know what the fuck to do.

I can jump on a JA wagon if that's what we need.

PEdit - No, I don't know what you mean FG

So, you are OK with hanging JA on Saturday
In post 2231, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:VOTE: Jagged Appliance

And you make the vote. WHY DID YOU GET OFF THIS WAGON?
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:08 am

Post by Doogal121 »

@BBT: WHY WERE YOU WILLING TO BRING JA to L-1 AND THEN HOP OFF? 2 Days ago you were cool with a JA lynch, why aren't you now?
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:11 am

Town is starting to look really powerful, I'm guessing at least one PR claimed is fake.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:16 am

Post by Green Crayons »

The two outted PRs can be scum-aligned, so even if someone is lying, it isn't necessarily about their power, just their alignment.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:20 am

Yeah but that's not really the point.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:22 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I think it's a distinction worth mentioning.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:29 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2437, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I'll be completely honest, part of my reaction to GreyICE was a pretty childish pride and I wanted him to be embarrased for such an obvious fuck-up trying to make a case towards me. I wanted the attention to stay on him as long as he was in the game until he came back in, apologized, and looked like an idiot. Jagged Alliance is scummy for different reasons, basically the same stuff you would probably accuse me of with the addition of opportunistic voting.

I can't tell if you're saying that my 180 retreat was me townreading or scumreading him. Can you elaborate on what exactly you find suspicious?

You first townread GreyICE in the quoted exchange with TTH, but then you spent the rest of the game saying that he was scum for the very same actions. That's suspicious in and of itself because you gave no reason why you distanced your earlier townread.

It's also suspicious because you then used your 180 flip to push ONLY "GreyICE is scum" for 1000 posts.

It's also suspicious because when I asked how GreyICE's actions were "scum," rather than simply "anti-town," you embraced your full 180 from your exchange with TTH -- where you were "inclined to agree" that GreyICE's actions were those of town, in light of the town-justifications TTH gave for GreyICE's actions -- and said that you couldn't conceive why town would have acted the way GreyICE acted (). But your interaction with TTH makes clear that you
could
imagine why town would have acted in the way GreyICE did. In fact, it wasn't just a possibility, it was a scenario you were "inclined to agree" with. In light of you disowning your TTH interaction, Post 1099 looks like a lie to justify your GreyICE drumbeat.

I don't see the scum case here.[/quote
]
These were just questions. I think you're lynch worthy for the reasons set forth in .
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:31 am

So your case adds up to me making a lot of posts you think are useless, and me keeping a vote on GreyICE for most of the day?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:33 am

Post by Green Crayons »

And your only suspicion voiced for 1000+ posts being about one post, made on page 5, that you had already admitted was likely to be a town mistake.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:33 am

so?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:38 am

Post by Green Crayons »

So it looks like scum play.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:42 am

I don't have any idea how you can construe that as more scummy than the wagons on Csareo and BBT that were being pushed in those 1000+ posts.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”