NY 176: Completely Ridiculous Mafia (Game Over)

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2725 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by T S O »

How about some reads?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by Aegor »

T S O, I already looked through your ISO. I did not find what I was looking for. I guess I have no real reason to lynch Cephrir, so the loss is yours.

I am pretty much directionless after Toomai flipped town because he was hella scummy. As was MVP. I probably want to lynch AP or Cabd.

And we should massclaim.

I am VT.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by T S O »

Well, if you actually read my ISO, and still got nothing, I'm done.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by T S O »

Please let me revive people from the dead QT or something
-Marquis
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Aegor »

I did not get nothing; I got nothing analytical/rational, which is what I wanted. As I said. And as you have consistently failed to deliver.
M A S Q U E R A D E
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by T S O »

I'm sorry, I'll handwrite my analytical and rational post for a few hours here while you sit on your fucking backside and take no interest in any type of case other than one that is specifically written for and presented to you.

How about fucking no.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 2701, Aegor wrote:Caught up. Actually following along, but not actively doing research, so my reads are not well-defined/in flux.

TSO, I am happy to research Ceph, but would you mind briefly summarizing why he is scum? Not the rant-like stuff that you have been posting; instead, something that is intelligible to an analytical/rational person like me.

why don't you continue "actually following along, but not actively doing research, so not having well-defined/in-flux reads"?

*turns the sarcasm meter off*
-Marquis
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by Aegor »

I am not interested in your screeds, which is sadly all that you have presented against Cephrir. I am actually caught up, but obviously nothing you said was that compelling, otherwise I would be voting Cephrir.

Anyway, a lack of ill-defined reads is not that bad. I will probably ISO the inactives this weekend and decide which one should die. We should also collectively discuss Cabd's claim and its implications, but that conversation is hindered by his absence.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:28 am

Post by Mirhawk »

I'm a Vanilla Townie.

I'm waiting on Cabd to reappear, but as that seems like it might not happen right away I guess I'll look at something else while I wait.
I typically don't do reads lists, but I think we're in lylo and we have a 50/50 split on scum and town. This list is done pre-reread.

ika- Zero effort. I honestly don't know how to read him.

Cephrir- Fence sitty and uninformative. I thought he was scum yesterday and still kind of do. I've never gotten the impression he's actually looking for scum.

Izariael- He said some things day two that set off some alarm bells for me. The only one I can remember off the top of my head is how he started off the day by going hard on reinoe, at the time I suspected a chainsaw in TSO's defense.

Aegor- Extremely unengaged. Is not looking for scum and seems to have no intention of doing so. Previous experience with him makes me think the low activity is just how he posts, but the low content is not. Far more passive then any game I've played with him.

Cabd- Misgivings on how he's picked his choices for protection targets. Some of the claims he's made (knowledge about mvp's alignment) don't make sense as far as I can see. I have a whole stack of questions that I can't ask since he's not here.

T S O- Early game was terrible, the only thing I can remember about it was the argument with reinoe. Makes some good points when he's not being a drama queen. I think he's townish.

TheWayItEnds- Early townread. I don't really have much to say about him other then that. I need to reread him, since I suspect my initial townread colored my opinion of everything he said since then.

AngryPidgeon- Pretty sure he's town. This has stayed pretty constant all game, he makes town posts all the time and I believe his claim. Only problem with him is in relation to Cabd. Want an explanation of what he though Cabd was talking about when they had their cryptic exchange, but I don't want it till Cabd has done so first.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:30 am

Post by T S O »

Can we talk about AP?
-Marquis
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:30 am

Post by Mirhawk »

I don't see why not.

What's your beef?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:32 am

Post by T S O »

Excluding his claim, why exactly do you feel he's town?
-Marquis
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:37 am

Post by Mirhawk »

Posts like .

I'm giving him a quick reread, and I'm seeing a lot more chaff then I remember being there. I read that post as an appeal to logical process, which has always struck me as a more town mindset.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:45 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1605, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1602, scrambles wrote:Maybe it's just my point of view, but when I first put him as scum, he didn't bother to ask for my reasoning and instead said he wouldn't be lynched. When I remove him without reason, suddenly, he cares about my reasoning.

I don't really see why you find this odd. Calling people out on inconsistencies is a common thing for people to do, and people are way more likely in general to care-about/notice inconsistencies related to themselves because at heart we are all egotistical bastards. Why is this scummy/awkward of Cabd to point out but not care about your initial assertion?
I want to hear your thought process on the matter rather than just describing to me what happened, cause I know what happened and I think it actually looks town on Cabd.
Your "however, ..." bit here makes sense objectively but you are stating it like it was obvious to everyone but the fact you needed to explain it clearly means it wasn't >.>

Re OMGUS: Its a loosely defined term, but I don't get your stance on Cabd here at all. You think he is scummy for pointing out an unexplained change of opinions you had that you then had to explain? You were really pointed to him considering you apparently think he's town and you admit you hadn't explained your thought process at all.

I'll discuss your views in this in a bit, but re: the bolded - do you know what's going on here?
-Marquis
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2739 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:56 am

Post by Mirhawk »

I read it as him asking Scrambles to back up his claim with reasons for why it would have been scummy.

I read it as a good question, but that's probably because I usually feel motive is important.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2740 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:59 am

Post by Mirhawk »

I should clarify, I don't think thought process equates to an actual step by step on what Scrambles was thinking, as that would be silly and useless. But rather a description for why he thought Cabd's post was more likely from scum then from town.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2741 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:15 am

Post by Cabd »

Internet fixed. Making the rounds. If somebody wants to be cool and gather up what i am sure is the metric fuckton of questions aimed at me, I'll knock them out in one fell swoop once I finish my moderator duties and such.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2742 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:26 am

Post by T S O »

In post 2567, ika wrote:
In post 376, Cabd wrote:
In post 364, T S O wrote:I genuinely think reinoe is either ballsy enough or stupid enough to play "too stupid to be scum" as scum.

I have ~reasons~ to think reinoe slot is town.

i ran an iso but this is odd....

im gonna take a sleep off and then prob place my vote cus i rather not see any bltzing

In post 2599, Cephrir wrote:Who would think up a scheme like that I wonder? If you guessed Cabd, you are correct.

In post 2627, Mirhawk wrote:@Cabd
Why did you think AP was a backup in the first place.

What was the "deal" with your code-talk with AP? How did it make you think you would be able to tell if MVP was scum the next day?

In post 2646, T S O wrote:do you think Cephrir's scum?

In post 2657, TheWayItEnds wrote:Like you voted AP earlier.

And AP is like... pretty town I think?

He shows up in very few of my paranoia teams even.

And crumbing nurse in a game that almost HAS to have a mafia doc in his first post seems pretty good.

Like, is it possible that AP looks at his scum team and sees maf doc and crumbs nurse? Yeah.

But without knowing what town power looks like that seems like a risky thing to do.

So why, if AP is town, would he not have been quickhammered with your vote left on him?

As far as I could see.
-Marquis
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2743 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:26 am

Post by Cabd »

TSO gets an antilazy point.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2744 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:27 am

Post by T S O »

some of them are kinda sideways questions, but w/e.
-Marquis
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2745 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:32 am

Post by Mirhawk »

Also, who did you protect?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2746 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:32 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 2567, ika wrote:
In post 376, Cabd wrote:
In post 364, T S O wrote:I genuinely think reinoe is either ballsy enough or stupid enough to play "too stupid to be scum" as scum.

I have ~reasons~ to think reinoe slot is town.

i ran an iso but this is odd....

im gonna take a sleep off and then prob place my vote cus i rather not see any bltzing

I directly followed this up with the whole replace out and comparison to the prior open game I was scum with him on?

In post 2599, Cephrir wrote:Who would think up a scheme like that I wonder? If you guessed Cabd, you are correct.

I mean yeah this is something i'd do but notthistime.jpg? It's also something somebody even remotely aweare of my wiki page or familiar with my play because of being scum with me before would do. Especially given "oh this very improbable theory i am positing is totally true because cabd"

In post 2627, Mirhawk wrote:@Cabd
Why did you think AP was a backup in the first place.

What was the "deal" with your code-talk with AP? How did it make you think you would be able to tell if MVP was scum the next day?

I saw AP crumbing some sort of backup there and I really didn't connect on the whole nurse thing. The code talk was me telling him that I thought he was a role that would get mroe powerful when i died, and he sort of answered back that yes, yes he did. In the game we refrenced there was a role that got powered up when its counterpart died. At the time I was thinking that gunsmith with the stated restrictions sounded unlikely if I had a backup role out there to me. Had I realized he was actually claiming nurse to me, that would have flipped shit on its end. That of course is not what we ended up with.

In post 2646, T S O wrote:do you think Cephrir's scum?

Probably? I'll post a reads list in a tad, once I'm done catching up other than answering these questions.

In post 2657, TheWayItEnds wrote:Like you voted AP earlier.

And AP is like... pretty town I think?

He shows up in very few of my paranoia teams even.

And crumbing nurse in a game that almost HAS to have a mafia doc in his first post seems pretty good.

Like, is it possible that AP looks at his scum team and sees maf doc and crumbs nurse? Yeah.

But without knowing what town power looks like that seems like a risky thing to do.

So why, if AP is town, would he not have been quickhammered with your vote left on him?

I don't think this one is pointed at me unless I'm missing some context?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2747 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:33 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 2745, Mirhawk wrote:Also, who did you protect?

AP N1
Scrambles N3.

I thought I'd already said this?
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2748 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:39 am

Post by Mirhawk »

You're odd night? I didn't realize that.

What made you think AP was crumbing backup? The only early game thing I know of is the Doctor who reference, and that's pretty clearly in relation to looking for a doctor.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2749 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:40 am

Post by Mirhawk »

Why did you need a night to tell if MVP was going to be scum?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”