Open 570: Making Friends and Enemies (Mafia Wins!)

beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

Vote Count

Goodmorning: ucitron00, BlueBloodedToffee, hephaestus, nopointinactingup
davesaz: Huntress
hephaestus: Peabody, Josh_B
Metal Sonic: Goodmorning
nopointinactingup: Scripten, Metal Sonic

Not voting: davesaz, shinobi, Malakittens
With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-10-04 20:45:00)

That was totally me posting from my hydra on accident. JSYK
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:05 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 647, Malakittens wrote:jesus ms stop.

also im getting cold feet on a gm lynch surprisingly.

going to UNVOTE: gm

going to get my ducks in a row and then sort something out in my head and then present it to the jury.

See you after work :P

Yea cold feet
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:28 pm

Post by Shinobi »

This game gets my fullest attention tomorrow.

Why did NPAU put GM to L-1? His vote moves around so much for such faulty reasons. Ugh.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:21 pm

Post by Peabody »

Oh geez. I'm way behind. Ummmmmm, sorry to keep doing this. I'll try to keep up with the thread more.

Sooo, I'll post tomorrow.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:29 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 551, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Hi Mala,

Reads-list please.

In post 542, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Dave, in you left out quite a few people from your reads-list. Was there a reason for this?

Have you developed a read on any of the players you left out or have any of your previous reads changed?

In post 545, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 544, davesaz wrote:@BBT: Time, and maybe. Need to go to work, more complete answer later.

In this upcoming complete answer, can you also tell me why you chose those people to post your reads on.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:38 pm

@MS & Mala
- Which one of , and made you suddenly feel like GM wasn't scum anymore?

MS, you have been pushing for a GM lynch pretty much all day, it's within your grasp, and you unvote? What is that about? Did somebody say earlier that GM/MS was a possible scum-team? I could see that.

Mala was second on the wagon as well and then she suddenly jumps off with no explanation. A bus gone wrong?

@GM
- What do you make of MS and Mala's actions?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:34 am

Post by Malakittens »

It was more due to the fast wagon and how it got to L-1. I didn't like it personally. So either GM is scum and her partners are bussing her awfully fast or she's town.

Plus the main reason is I want something to happen that hasn't happened yet which will influence a read on players or not. I want to hear people's thoughts and want that to happen rather than a hammer at the moment.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:12 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 648, nopointinactingup wrote:
In post 639, goodmorning wrote:Look, I have a life outside of mafia.

There are 6 people on my wagon and I only have townreads on 2 of them. uct is null and the rest look like scum to me.

When half the people on your wagon look like Scum, it makes you feel real good about yourself.

SO you don't see anything wrong with concluding there's 3 scum on your wagon? That's a lazy read to me and it proves that you're not trying to find out who scum is, meaning you're scum.

Yeahhhhhhh you're being ridiculous.

I had scumreads on you and Sonic long before my wagon, and my scumread on hephaestus is mainly based on him being 100% useless.

It's not "they're on my wagon, therefore Scum." It's "they're Scum, and, interestingly, they're on my wagon."
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:23 am

Post by Josh_B »

Let's all lynch Hephestus. I feel pretty good about that right now.
About WIFOM: Sometimes I just get thirsty and drink both glasses.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:32 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 658, Josh_B wrote:Let's all lynch Hephestus. I feel pretty good about that right now.

I want to agree with this. Heph is, at the very least, a liability to town later on. His lack of effort/contributions would be dangerous when we get down to the brass tacks.

That said, policy lynches based on playstyle suck because they're so likely to hit town. Lynching scum D1 would be nice for once.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:50 am

Post by Scripten »

Case on NPAU

Jumpy vote hopping (All of his votes so far have apparently been serious, as per ()): () () () () ()

Finds MS unlikely to be scum, () but, despite MS's playstyle not changing, he considers him scum by (). Yet, he barely pushes at MS, which is a marked change from his other accusations. I also did not notice him voting MS. Considering how much his votes have jumped around, this is inconsistent, especially when he jumps onto GM in (). After all, if he was changing his playstyle because it made him look scummy, he should have stopped vote-hopping by that time. (If he was town, stopping scummy behavior would have made sense. Even if it cast suspicion on him, it would ultimately make the game clearer for the town. Scum thrive in confusion.)

There's some scummy wording and opportunistic attacks in those posts, too.

I also find it interesting just how fast the NPAU wagon broke up and how fast the GM wagon grew at the same time. I'll go back and see where votes changed from one wagon to the other and check if my thoughts match up.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:47 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 542, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Dave, in you left out quite a few people from your reads-list. Was there a reason for this?

Have you developed a read on any of the players you left out or have any of your previous reads changed?

In post 545, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 544, davesaz wrote:@BBT: Time, and maybe. Need to go to work, more complete answer later.

In this upcoming complete answer, can you also tell me why you chose those people to post your reads on.

I don't think answering these will help much with the scum hunt, but I do believe in being polite and helpful so I'll answer anyway. I don't tend to do a complete spectrum read all at once. I start with people I know, ones who are posting a lot, and ones who are posting but not being useful. The ones I know because it's easier to start from the familiar, the ones who are posting a lot because they tend to either be scum or valuable town assets (before someone jumps to conclusions I mean good scum hunters, not power roles here), and the ones who are posting but not being useful because they're usually either scum flying under the radar or people who are disappointed to be VT.

The answer for whether reads are changed or not can best be found by looking at my subsequent posts.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:54 am

Post by uctriton00 »

In post 660, Scripten wrote:
Case on NPAU

Jumpy vote hopping (All of his votes so far have apparently been serious, as per ()): () () () () ()

Finds MS unlikely to be scum, () but, despite MS's playstyle not changing, he considers him scum by (). Yet, he barely pushes at MS, which is a marked change from his other accusations. I also did not notice him voting MS. Considering how much his votes have jumped around, this is inconsistent, especially when he jumps onto GM in (). After all, if he was changing his playstyle because it made him look scummy, he should have stopped vote-hopping by that time. (If he was town, stopping scummy behavior would have made sense. Even if it cast suspicion on him, it would ultimately make the game clearer for the town. Scum thrive in confusion.)

I also find it interesting just how fast the NPAU wagon broke up and how fast the GM wagon grew at the same time. I'll go back and see where votes changed from one wagon to the other and check if my thoughts match up.

This is a good enough post to make Scripten town if NPAU was lynched and flipped scum today.
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
hephaestus
hephaestus
Goon
hephaestus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:13 am

Post by hephaestus »

In post 210, goodmorning wrote:
EFFORT IS NOT AND HAS NEVER BEEN INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT

In post 657, goodmorning wrote: my scumread on hephaestus is mainly based on him being 100% useless.

You're a funny gal
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:24 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 663, hephaestus wrote:
In post 210, goodmorning wrote:
EFFORT IS NOT AND HAS NEVER BEEN INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT

In post 657, goodmorning wrote: my scumread on hephaestus is mainly based on him being 100% useless.

You're a funny gal

That is a good contradiction you pointed out.

But this does not mitigate the fact you're not doing anything useful. Just these two lines are not enough to condemn gm, nor are they enough to clear you. You gave a couple of scum reads but gave no reasons for them. And that does not help us lynch anyone. I've been bothered by this all along, and have tried to be patient, but it's not looking good for you. There are a lot more reasons for scum to play this way than town.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:34 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 662, uctriton00 wrote:
In post 660, Scripten wrote:
Case on NPAU

This is a good enough post to make Scripten town if NPAU was lynched and flipped scum today.

The way you say this indicates you'd have a different read if things turned out differently?
Does the post itself have any alignment indicator for you? I see things but would be interested to see if others agree.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:35 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 658, Josh_B wrote:Let's all lynch Hephestus. I feel pretty good about that right now.

Any update to this thought given his post for today? Any bets on when we can expect another?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:47 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 652, Shinobi wrote:This game gets my fullest attention tomorrow.

Why did NPAU put GM to L-1? His vote moves around so much for such faulty reasons. Ugh.

Yeah, there is that and there is also how the wagon rolled back.

In post 653, Peabody wrote:Oh geez. I'm way behind. Ummmmmm, sorry to keep doing this. I'll try to keep up with the thread more.

Sooo, I'll post tomorrow.

Looking forward to it. I was seeing interesting stuff from you and then it stopped before there was enough to make a decision.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:46 pm

In post 656, Malakittens wrote:It was more due to the fast wagon and how it got to L-1. I didn't like it personally. So either GM is scum and her partners are bussing her awfully fast or she's town.

If she's town, who were the scum on the wagon?

In post 661, davesaz wrote:
I don't tend to do a complete spectrum read all at once. I start with people I know, ones who are posting a lot, and ones who are posting but not being useful. The ones I know because it's easier to start from the familiar, the ones who are posting a lot because they tend to either be scum or valuable town assets (before someone jumps to conclusions I mean good scum hunters, not power roles here), and the ones who are posting but not being useful because they're usually either scum flying under the radar or people who are disappointed to be VT.

The answer for whether reads are changed or not can best be found by looking at my subsequent posts.

Hmm, you replied the first time simply with you didn't have the time to do a read for everyone. Now, you come out with all of this?

Can I have a full reads-list please Dave.

@GM
- Can you answer my outstanding question to you please.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 666, davesaz wrote:

Any update to this thought given his post for today? Any bets on when we can expect another?

I have no idea. But what I do know is that this my third attempt to start a wagon. and I'm seriously questioning myself. Mala's short stint on a real wagon that almost went through has me questioning why I think she's town. Plus the fact that it was also her and MS that defended Zebulin earlier. I'm half tempted to vote NPAU in hopes that there has been bussing.
About WIFOM: Sometimes I just get thirsty and drink both glasses.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 510, davesaz wrote:
In post 499, Huntress wrote:
@ davesaz:
Hi! Why did you comment on before NPAU had had a chance to answer it?
Because I saw something questionable and wanted to investigate it in the flow vs. trying to remember to investigate it later.

When I saw your post it looked to me like you were helping NPAU out by suggesting an answer to the question Shinobi asked him. If I had been in Shinobi's position there I would have been peeved and a bit suspicious that you intervened as it might have affected the read I would have been trying to get on NPAU. The question you raised could have been asked without referring to the post at all. But Shinobi doesn't appear bothered about it which makes me wonder why.

In post 555, Malakittens wrote:why the lack of confidence be from playing outside of the newbie queue for the first time? Why does it automatically default him to being scum?

It doesn't. My point there was that I thought he
could
express himself better, so the fact that he couldn't back up some of his comments wasn't due to his being new.

@ NPAU:
You seem to have missed the question I asked you in post .

Vote: NPAU

In post 564, Malakittens wrote:oh, I might be okay with a goodmorning lynch. She's posting elsewhere is somewhat of a scum tell for her~

I checked that out and apart from a couple of one-liners her only posts during that time were mod posts, which would of course have priority if she had limited access, so I don't see that as a scum tell in this case.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:05 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Yeah I realized that after the fact. Why in addition to the speed I'm getting cold feet.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Of the 4 on it, as of the previous VC, the only one that stands out to me is NPAU
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:21 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

i am "vi" reading hephaestus and am town reading BBT, I don't think they're the scum.

NPAU put it on L-1, and that's a gut shot bet that scum can get away with that. (There's no science to prove that D1 L-1 is a scum spot, although someone like Wake can try to calculate that out for us one day, cause I'd be interested in that stat as well).

And I'm town too so yeah, this is a fine counterwagon.

Vote: NPAU
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:22 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Question NPAU; what do you think of what was the goodmorning wagon?

Return to “Completed Open Games”