Micro 392: The Assassin has regained control of the village!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Post by Nikanor »

In post 206, GrayFoxxxx wrote:I am dealing with it by saying it is scummy.

I have gave plenty of analysis.

IIoA- information INSTEAD of analysis. You even refuted my analysis. HOW CAN IT BE IIOA IF THERE IS ANALYSIS TO DISAGREE WITH?

The mafia wiki says scum like to throw are buzzwords like this. It's even worse because IIoA makes zero sense in this situation. Why are you tring to twist my words?

Naz Is now my strongest scum read.

whoaaa there cowboy
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:02 pm

Post by Nikanor »

In post 261, Quinoa wrote:(Scripten Nikanour) mebbe

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:04 pm

Post by Nikanor »

hey maybe sabbath is town after all
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Post by Nikanor »

i currently want to see nazarene
eggsecuted
though that's probably going to change within, oh, ten minutes.
Nazarene
Nazarene
Goon
Nazarene
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Post by Nazarene »

In post 207, Nazarene wrote:@Sabbath:
In post 202, Nazarene wrote:Why am I so town to you?

Can I please know which head josh?

Requoting this AGAIN. Please respond.

In post 271, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:
In post 213, Nazarene wrote:
@SABBATH:
Please explain your Nik scumread beyond the completely ridiculous claim that he attempted to execute the king. I do not see why that scumread has remained so implacable.

-A

In post 220, Nazarene wrote:So uh, what happened to your nik read?

abandoned by WIFOM. Actual game information presented itself and I realized I was being stupid.

What the fuck does abandoned by WIFOM mean? What in Nikanor's behaviour is townish now?
In post 274, Nikanor wrote:
In post 204, Nazarene wrote:Sabbath's super static reads are alarming. As is his reaction to being called out as a team with greyfoxxxx.

Mantis, I'm sure you'll get some reads if you read the thread again.

I'm most happy with a sabbath shot today, but we have five days left.
VOTE: sabbath
Just to be nice.
-Tier

Why are static reads scummy?

Is this just a game theory question or what? The answer is: scum often have more static reads and that is why having static reads is a scumtell. The reasoning behind this has to do with scum fabricating reads and liking to hold in to them coupled with a usual inability to actually process relevant game information into their reads.
In post 277, Nikanor wrote:hey maybe sabbath is town after all

Why do you think so?
Quinoa, why do you think sabbath is town?

And we'd not like to be executed :(

-Tier
SABBATHonSABBATH
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
Townie

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:59 am

Post by SABBATHonSABBATH »

In post 253, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
Are you ignoring my other posts about him? Plus I am just trying to keep the style of the game up. My good sir.

yea, and it's not any sort of posting restriction. Which posts should I be ignoring? Is it

His defensiveness makes it more likely that he isn't your partner. Scripten read it for what I said. Maybe I should have added in something like Scripten defense seems to be motivated by a town mindset, or something complicated and wordy like that.

Wait wait wait. How did what you said translate to what Scripten said???? "Greyfoxx's evaluation of tiershift seems to be clearly pointing a finger at Naz and linking him as scum with his bestest town read." I dont see it. So this really means "He said that your posts lean toward you trying to implicate me as your scum partner (Assuming you are scum) and said that my reaction and push back suggest my innocence." I call B.S. Someone else please give me some insight.

"Scripten's push back leads me to believe that Scripten is inno on this one." -ozzy

Why did you flat out ignore my answer to this?

So you are justifying your scum read on Scripten by WIFOM? If I'm supposed to believe that you are telling the truth, then you expect me to believe that since Nazarene is now your biggest scum read, you're claiming a Nazarene/Scripten scum team. If not, why did you say it? Explain your scum read on Scripten.

~
Josh_B
Ozzy
SABBATHonSABBATH
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
Townie

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:27 am

In post 279, Nazarene wrote:What the fuck does abandoned by WIFOM mean? What in Nikanor's behaviour is townish now?

What if I'm death tunneling on some stupid crap that actually has nothing to do with the game? Are there other things that I should be looking at?- Oh there are. Wow. I think I only drank the poisoned glass at the beginning of the game.

pshh nothing really. I just calmed down and re-evaluated the game with a clear mind. I still don't think he should be given the gun and I'm sticking to that.

What's your opinion of Maxous?

~ozzy
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:24 am

Post by Scripten »

I don't understand why people are confused about the mechanics of this game.

Kingmaker is a random townie who keeps the role until they die. When they die, another player takes up the role secretly. King is chosen by the Kingmaker every night. The King ONLY has the power to execute someone that day and, until five or fewer people remain, cannot be chosen again after that first day of being King.

Nikanor feels more towny to me now. Not a solid read either way, but certainly more of a teetering read than solid scum. Quinoa's reads appear to be pulled from nowhere. Mind explaining them, Quin?
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:43 am

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

In post 280, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:
In post 253, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
Are you ignoring my other posts about him? Plus I am just trying to keep the style of the game up. My good sir.

yea, and it's not any sort of posting restriction. Which posts should I be ignoring? Is it

His defensiveness makes it more likely that he isn't your partner. Scripten read it for what I said. Maybe I should have added in something like Scripten defense seems to be motivated by a town mindset, or something complicated and wordy like that.

Wait wait wait. How did what you said translate to what Scripten said???? "Greyfoxx's evaluation of tiershift seems to be clearly pointing a finger at Naz and linking him as scum with his bestest town read." I dont see it. So this really means "He said that your posts lean toward you trying to implicate me as your scum partner (Assuming you are scum) and said that my reaction and push back suggest my innocence." I call B.S. Someone else please give me some insight.

"Scripten's push back leads me to believe that Scripten is inno on this one." -ozzy

Why did you flat out ignore my answer to this?

So you are justifying your scum read on Scripten by WIFOM? If I'm supposed to believe that you are telling the truth, then you expect me to believe that since Nazarene is now your biggest scum read, you're claiming a Nazarene/Scripten scum team. If not, why did you say it? Explain your scum read on Scripten.

~
Josh_B
Ozzy

1- Still you are ignoring my other posts towards him. But it doesn't matter, your buddying claim is so weak. I called Mantis King a few times. Big deal.

2. All you did was rephrase. Did not answer how the two statements are parallel. Why?

3. Dont really have a scum read on him, what are you talking about. You are trying to go in circles with this all day. Why?
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:47 am

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

To expand on 2-
"Scripten's push back leads me to believe that Scripten is inno on this one."

We all get this part. The trouble is where you said he read your post correctly.

Ill repost my quote, where I quoted you guys.

So explain how in any world would those to quotes mean the same thing. All I did was copy and paste. No word twisting or anything.
Nazarene
Nazarene
Goon
Nazarene
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Nazarene »

In post 281, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:
In post 279, Nazarene wrote:What the fuck does abandoned by WIFOM mean? What in Nikanor's behaviour is townish now?

What if I'm death tunneling on some stupid crap that actually has nothing to do with the game? Are there other things that I should be looking at?- Oh there are. Wow. I think I only drank the poisoned glass at the beginning of the game.

pshh nothing really. I just calmed down and re-evaluated the game with a clear mind. I still don't think he should be given the gun and I'm sticking to that.

What's your opinion of Maxous?

What was the WIFOM involved? And why is the King town by necessity?

-A
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:06 am

Post by Maxous »

too much info to process, just gonna write a brief summary here for now:

i like scripten's early play a lot particulary #52 as i mentioned, last half a dozen posts have gotten weaker but still have a moderate town read here.

grayfox, kinda towny feeling with all the ISO's, seems like a lot of unnecessary bother as scum. town read on fox got stronger when he started whipping nazarene around the thread, #206 + #210 are good. moderate town read here too.

mantisdreamz, by here own admission she is struggling for reads. I appreciate her effort to get into the game from #227 - #240. I have a feeling her struggling for reads and over-reliance on questions could be because she's scum though. Null, i'm not sure here.

quinoa, no read honestly. he mentioned a few reads he has but it didn't give me a feeling either way.

nazarene, certainly came off considerably worse during the grayfox argument, i do like their controlled aggression and persistence in dealing with their scum-reads however. Slight town feeling

honestly, i lean town on nikanor because i just feel he's town. i tried but i can't articulate that.

sabbath is still my only scum read. they're putting the effort in but their reads are just so messy, hell i barely understood their explanation of a scum-read on myself.
In post 219, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:I don't feel like Greyfoxx's ISO reads line up with the content inside them. I'm very hesitant to follow the crowd in that the action over rides the content. I think he has been very buddying towards the King and that his attempts to be overly towny are fake. Someone may have told him to "try to look like a good little villager(see post 1 for reference)" because IMO, his actions have been a little over the top. I am hard claiming this as SCUM.

Greyfoxxx is obvscum.

i quoted this here because it comes across as over-confidence in the scum-read. their explanation does not look to match up with 'he is obv-scum'
the manner in which the nikanor read was dropped was pretty awkward too. they really tried to quickly sweep the issue under the carpet and pretend it didn't exist after focusing so much of their early game on it.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:28 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 286, Maxous wrote:
i like scripten's early play a lot particulary #52 as i mentioned, last half a dozen posts have gotten weaker but still have a moderate town read here.

Yeah... I spent eight hours writing essentially a third of my college's newspaper yesterday. I've just not had time to keep up.

That said, my play may look weaker because my reads are evolving. I'm having trouble with the Grayfoxxxxx/SoS argument that's going on. On the one hand, SoS's claim of GF buddying Mantis is BS and should really be dropped. On the other hand, I feel like GF isn't understanding what SoS said.

"Greyfoxx's evaluation of tiershift seems to be clearly pointing a finger at Naz and linking him as scum with his bestest town read. This is aweful."

This is saying that GF is suggesting a scumteam between a player and someone he believes to be town based on associative POE reads. It's nonsensical and was the first, biggest problem I've had with GF's play.

If Quinoa doesn't stop active lurking, I'm going to push until he gets executed, because his current play is crap. (Am I wrong, peeps? If so, please tell me why.)
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:37 am

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

In post 287, Scripten wrote:
In post 286, Maxous wrote:

Yeah... I spent eight hours writing essentially a third of my college's newspaper yesterday. I've just not had time to keep up.

That said, my play may look weaker because my reads are evolving. I'm having trouble with the Grayfoxxxxx/SoS argument that's going on. On the one hand, SoS's claim of GF buddying Mantis is BS and should really be dropped. On the other hand, I feel like GF isn't understanding what SoS said.

"Greyfoxx's evaluation of tiershift seems to be clearly pointing a finger at Naz and linking him as scum with his bestest town read. This is aweful."

This is saying that GF is suggesting a scumteam between a player and someone he believes to be town based on associative POE reads. It's nonsensical and was the first, biggest problem I've had with GF's play.

If Quinoa doesn't stop active lurking, I'm going to push until he gets executed, because his current play is crap. (Am I wrong, peeps? If so, please tell me why.)

Ok where am I getting lost. Im going to break this down.

"Greyfoxx's
evaluation
of tiershift seems to be clearly pointing a finger at
Naz
and linking him as scum with his bestest town read. This is aweful."

My evaluation of Naz(scum) links my best townread (Script) to him(naz). He was saying how could I link a scum to my best town read.(which i have explained)

Now you both are saying that quote somehow meant I was acting scummy, and trying to frame script as my partner. HOW HOW HOW
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:45 am

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

In post 224, Scripten wrote:

I'm pretty sure we shouldn't be eliminating any suspects entirely from our scum lists.
Likewise, this is pretty misrepresentativ of SoS's statement. He said that your posts lean toward you trying to implicate me as your scum partner (Assuming you are scum) and said that my reaction and push back suggest my innocence.

In post 287, Scripten wrote:

Wtf. You FoS me for my interpretation. Then you use the same interpretation I did, on your second quote, after Naz says you where right in your first one. This really stinks right now.

Naz said you were correct in your first quote why did you change it? And why would Naz say it was correct when it obv wasn't? Realy really stinks
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:46 am

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

My post 288 was before I read scripts HUGE change in interpretation
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:47 am

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

Also Script is not my main town read anymore. Null until I see a response
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:03 am

Post by Scripten »

What? How are you seeing this as a change in interpretation?

Okay, let me explain my suspicions and we can compare notes:

1) You said that if Naz flips scum, then you would suspect me as being their partner.

2) This is suspicious because you were town reading me, so you are simultaneously reading me as likely to be town and likely to be scum. That's really inconsistent and suggests that you may be scummy.

3) I responded to this is a manner that SoS interprets as town-indicative. Therefore, he is not scumreading me as your potential partner.

Is there anything that doesn't make sense about this situation?
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:09 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 206, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
Naz
Is now my strongest scum read.

In post 291, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Also Script is not my main town read anymore. Null until I see a response

ftr, i'm liking this kind of thing.
suggests his reads are being very reactive instead of calculated/strategic
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:18 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 287, Scripten wrote:This is saying that GF is suggesting a scumteam between a player and someone he believes to be town based on associative POE reads. It's nonsensical and was the first, biggest problem I've had with GF's play.

oh, i just seen this at me.
ok
In post 151, GrayFoxxxx wrote:post 79

Don't like this post at all. Uses meta way to strongly here. Makes me look at Script as poss. scum if Naz is scum.

don't have a problem with it, he's just speculating on a hypothetical i think. IF naz was scum, he would look at you...I(and other players) draw those kinds of connections between players in our mind from time to time even though we think one or both of the players is town.
if he was using the link to pursue a scum-read on you that would be a different story, but he made it clear he wasn't.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Maxous »

can't actually quote the post but here is a game from (wow 2 years ago :/ ) where i did something similar - read the om and RBD part.
worth noting i got into a really big mess with the speculation too i suppose.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:32 am

Post by Scripten »

Associative reads have their place, even on D1, but what I found odd was just how far from town to scum I'd swing on his scum radar if Naz flipped. It just seems like a convenient way to guard if he needed to bus later on.
SABBATHonSABBATH
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:57 am

In post 279, Nazarene wrote:In post 207, Nazarene wrote:

@Sabbath:

Why am I so town to you?

Can I please know which head josh?

Requoting this AGAIN. Please respond.

You were town at the time because you got straight to scumhunting. No bullshit. But right now, I really don't like how you accused us of having

Why was this such a hugely important question that you had to press it twice over?

~Dio \m/
Nazarene
Nazarene
Goon
Nazarene
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:00 am

Post by Nazarene »

Sabbath, you asked for our max read. It's null. He's a bit low on content and even though he makes posts like 293 and 294 that coincide
exactly
with my thoughts, I don't think that's beyond scummax's ability.
In post 286, Maxous wrote:nazarene, certainly came off considerably worse during the grayfox argument

What do you mean? (Note: this is not me being cocky, I want to understand your read on us for real)
In post 297, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:

You were town at the time because you got straight to scumhunting. No bullshit. But right now, I really don't like how you accused us of having

Why was this such a hugely important question that you had to press it twice over?

I asked thrice because I was worried about your read on me. No one had read us as town that strongly up to that point and you did, for reasons I could not see. And you kept on not responding.

And my worries were proven right. You abandoned your townread on us quickly, leaving me to believe you exaggerated your townread on us for whatever reason, just as you did with your nikanor scumread.

Can you please complete the unfinished sentence in your previous post?
-Tier
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:11 am

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

I can't believe what I am reading from script. On my phone so I'll expand later.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”