Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:30 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

In post 322, Alchemist21 wrote:Anatole seems solely focused on KB right now. I would like to see his input on some of the other players.

So why didn't you just ask me what I thought of any particular player instead of this comment that doesn't directly request anything or give any of your actual thoughts on any part of the game?
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:31 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 325, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 322, Alchemist21 wrote:Anatole seems solely focused on KB right now. I would like to see his input on some of the other players.

So why didn't you just ask me what I thought of any particular player instead of this comment that doesn't directly request anything or give any of your actual thoughts on any part of the game?

He's scum and he's been doing that all DP. Making comments that look like he's doing something but he's really not doing anything. You should put your vote on him.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:13 am

Post by Matsumi Sisters »

So i was talking with yuu (pieguy) about the game, and was wondering why Ankamius has a scumread on pie despite me trusting him to get an accurate read on the slot, but yuu said that him getting a scumread on her is... normal? And convinced me that Ankamius is most likely town and that his mistake was based on him changing his playstyle.
I disagree with yuu about reinoe tho.
I'm going to talk with my sister about AK and Alchemist later, randomiget is pinging me atm.

- Kuro.
Krystal Bald
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:56 am

Post by Krystal Bald »

In post 324, aphix wrote:I hate people that defend themselves by saying "I don't do much day one." They tend to continue on to not do anything.

Yeah but why is it scummy, I see town doing that shit every game.
Ha͈̜͇̦͚i̭̖͕̭͍̫l̥̲̯ ̱̦͚̤P͓̦͎̳i̟̱z҉͚͈̖̖z̳͡a̶l͈̞̦̙c͖̥͔̮͓̣͎ơ̼̬͚̦̫a͇̪̹̠t̨̲ļ͈͚̼̰.̝̱̦͉
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:47 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: aphix
Trying to hop on an easy lynch without proper reasons to vote me.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:00 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 323, Randomnamechange wrote:Please can people show why their votes are on me rather than stating something which I can't defend against as I genuinely don't understand it.
Fluminator I have a tendency to not do much Day 1. I said this earlier.
Aphix you didn't explain your vote.
Doublade your vote was OMGUS.
Ankamius you said you disliked part of one of my posts. Why did this make you think I was scum.
I think I have 4 votes on me at the moment,

You never explained your vote on Doublade and your vote on Aphix is pretty OMGUS.

That aphix vote you just pulled is scummy as hell, and you don't have to read much to figure out he had the same basic reason as everyone else on your wagon - you're not making much effort to scumhunt. You read people as town for doing that, but you're not doing much of it yourself, and you admitted to it. For that, I'm placing my vote on you.

Unvote
Vote randomidget
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:35 am

Post by Fluminator »

In post 324, aphix wrote:
In post 323, Randomnamechange wrote:Please can people show why their votes are on me rather than stating something which I can't defend against as I genuinely don't understand it.
Fluminator I have a tendency to not do much Day 1. I said this earlier.
Aphix you didn't explain your vote.
Doublade your vote was OMGUS.
Ankamius you said you disliked part of one of my posts. Why did this make you think I was scum.
I think I have 4 votes on me at the moment,

Actually I did explain my vote. Not doing it any further ... But in response to this post lets help make things clear.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: randomidget

Here's a hint, I also think this post is scummy. Another hint, I hate people that defend themselves by saying "I don't do much day one." They tend to continue on to not do anything.

Why did you unvote Midget and then revote him?

Anyway, Midget is at L-2. EVERYONE TAKE NOTE OF THAT. Don't accidentally quicklynch him.
I haven't had time to do a d1 meta on him yet. Would be nice if multiple people did it to see if we came to the same conclusions.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:46 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

@alchemist. I did explain my vote on aphix. I think he is bandwagoning an easy lynch as scum. How is that not scumhunting. I have scumhunted more than gaiden, so surely he is a better place to put your vote? And were you paying no attention when I pointed out my meta? I swear no one is paying atttention to what I say outside of my list read.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:17 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 327, Matsumi Sisters wrote:So i was talking with yuu (pieguy) about the game, and was wondering why Ankamius has a scumread on pie despite me trusting him to get an accurate read on the slot, but yuu said that him getting a scumread on her is... normal? And convinced me that Ankamius is most likely town and that his mistake was based on him changing his playstyle.

- Kuro.

His playstyle as town and mafia are incredibly different and the way he handed the 1v1 with reinoe was far into his mafia mindset. pieguy knows how. It's one of those meta tells that is really easy to throw off once they're aware of what the problem is though, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for right now. I have bigger fish to fry right now anyway.

In post 323, Randomnamechange wrote:Ankamius you said you disliked part of one of my posts. Why did this make you think I was scum.

I see absolutely no reason for your Doublade and Clusk reads to exist together (especially with the reasoning you gave) if you're town.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:19 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 331, Fluminator wrote:I haven't had time to do a d1 meta on him [midget] yet. Would be nice if multiple people did it to see if we came to the same conclusions.

:igmeou:
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:19 am

Post by Ankamius »

It might be my heavy bias against meta diving but that statement just smells really bad to me.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:20 am

Post by Ankamius »

Actually, his warning about midget being at L-2 is only making it worse. That looks more like a stalling tactic than anything else.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:23 am

Post by reinoe »

Ankamius is probably town.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:23 am

Post by Ankamius »

Guys, if a randomidget somehow deflates, can we lynch Fluminator?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:24 am

Post by Ankamius »

...randomidget wagon

Sorry, I'm going to go laugh at myself for a while now.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:24 am

Post by aphix »

READ MY POST. I ask you a direct question. You state you can't quote posts from you phone and continue ignoring the question. Guess what. Even from a phone you can write [ post ] [ /post ]. I know I do that. Then stating I didn't give reason. Which is an indicator you aren't reading my post.

In post 296, aphix wrote:
randomidget: So, inability to quote means you can't actually answer the question at all?

VOTE: randomidget

Bold added for emphasis.

Flum: Please read the last paragraph. First sentence. He says I didn't give a reason for my vote. It's my indication that here's another reason. Also Flum you state that I claimed KB and Anatole are scum together. Could you please point out where I stated that?
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by Fluminator »

@ Aphix, I already responded in 307.

@Ankamis, You can't actually be serious right now? Re-read what you just posted.
We have 8 days left before DP is over. With 2 people not even posting yet there is no way we want day to end yet. Of course I don't want anyone lynched in awhile. How could you think rushing the lynch is a good idea?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 341, Fluminator wrote:@ Aphix, I already responded in 307.

@Ankamis, You can't actually be serious right now? Re-read what you just posted.
We have 8 days left before DP is over. With 2 people not even posting yet there is no way we want day to end yet. Of course I don't want anyone lynched in awhile. How could you think rushing the lynch is a good idea?

This is a strawman. I'm not arguing for rushing a lynch on randomidget. There are so many individual stances and opinions about this wagon that trying to get people to 'metadive' him and focus on that instead looks like a way to both stifle any possible conclusions from that discussion and drive the discussion towards a subject that doesn't give any relevant information towards pretty much anyone in the game.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Fluminator »

You may think meta is irrelevant, but I'm still going to meta him tyvm.
-sarcasm- I'm sure if people meta him, they will only focus on his meta and nothing else. -sarcasm-

And I don't think I used a strawman. You say me supposedly "stalling" a midget quicklynch is bad. Which means letting it happen is good...
Post 336.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by Ankamius »

You
are
strawmanning me because I never once said I wanted randomidget to be quicklynched, yet that's what you're arguing against.

You're giving the strawman a false dichotomy now. :|
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 343, Fluminator wrote:You may think meta is irrelevant, but I'm still going to meta him tyvm.

BTW, my only issue is with second-hand meta. First-hand meta is completely okay with me.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:08 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Ok. I am curious, why do you think second-hand meta isn't useful? And do you really think it is a good idea to request someones lynch because they think it's a good idea?

Straw man is attacking something that the other person never said.
In post 336, Ankamius wrote:Actually, his warning about midget being at L-2 is only making it worse. That looks more like a stalling tactic than anything else.

You said that I was stalling his lynch right? (which I would agree I am trying to do.) And that it looked bad I was stalling his lynch. Therefore it seemed to imply you wanted him lynched rather soon.
Do you see it now?
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by aphix »

Flum: The thing is you still have yet to provide the point where I said they were scum together. If you can't actually point out where I stated they were scum teams that's fine, as I know that's the case. It'd be nice to admit you were being a little over ambitious with your description of what I was doing.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 346, Fluminator wrote:Ok. I am curious, why do you think second-hand meta isn't useful? And do you really think it is a good idea to request someones lynch because they think it's a good idea?

Because you're drawing comparisons between two things that
look
compatible, but it's an erroneous comparison. Information you get when directly interacting with something will always be of a higher quality than watching from outside.

I don't understand your second question at all.

In post 346, Fluminator wrote:Straw man is attacking something that the other person never said.

This is true.

In post 346, Fluminator wrote:
In post 336, Ankamius wrote:Actually, his warning about midget being at L-2 is only making it worse. That looks more like a stalling tactic than anything else.

You said that I was stalling his lynch right? (which I would agree I am trying to do.) And that it looked bad I was stalling his lynch. Therefore it seemed to imply you wanted him lynched rather soon.
Do you see it now?

I already explained it here, though:

In post 342, Ankamius wrote:I'm not arguing for rushing a lynch on randomidget. There are so many individual stances and opinions about this wagon that trying to get people to 'metadive' him and focus on that instead looks like a way to both stifle any possible conclusions from that discussion and drive the discussion towards a subject that doesn't give any relevant information towards pretty much anyone in the game.

This turns your counter-argument from an accidental strawman to a purposeful strawman. I specifically stated that I was not talking about lynching the guy, but the motivation behind your stalling the wagon.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:50 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Oh, I'm going to make this clear too: When I say stalling, I mean trying to dismantle the wagon by distracting people from the reason they're on the wagon so they'll start losing interest.

Return to “Completed Open Games”