Mini Normal 1609: The Case Of Doctor Pepper (Game Over)

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:34 am

Post by Wake1 »

Alright, I'm online.

Reading through.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:48 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

Rufflig, you said you had some questions for me about my posts - was it just my posts about Csareo or did you have other questions?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:04 am

Post by Wake1 »

Getting a lock-on in this game.

To be clear, Green Crayons replaced Rambler, Omph replaced scrambles, and GreyICE is currently being replaced. Gotcha. Deadline's now on the 28th.

One thing I'm not liking here is that massive only has 19 posts in this game. Though I've been having immense difficulty finding time/energy to play this game, I have the second-highest post count here and I have engaged in this game quite a bit in the past. Posting frequency and depth of engagement isn't necessarily alignment-indicative, but I do think some sort of explanation for why he's been so inactive/lurking would be appreciated. Green Crayons has been here 10 days shorter than massive yet they both have the same post count. Someone shed some light on this please.

I didn't (and still don't) care for his vote on Boonskiies in . Him clarifying that bit would help. Some of massive's questions ring a tad hollow, or at least that's what my instincts are telling me. Maybe they're legitimate because he's Town, How do I convey what I'm feeling here? It feels like the questions he's asking like the five in aren't heartfelt, as if they're just generic and asked simply to fill space. Going with that, it feels like he's doing that to appear as if he's Scumhunting, to otherwise keep suspicion off of himself.

His note in that my reaction to the pressure reads as genuine is, to me, a step in the right direction. Though, if he could break it down further and relay in specific detail exactly
why
he says so would help me in feeling out his alignment. As for the BBT/TTH Neighbor issue, there are possibilities yet to be addressed in the future. I need to get current on my massive read first, and then branch out from there. I think it's more likely that they are Neighbors, because if either of them flips something else, they other is auto-lynched. A slightly-less-likely possibility is that they're Scum quoting parts of the QT and making it look as if they're Neighbors. That DP wouldn't clarify when asked directly doesn't help my mind move in another direction.

Why have you been so inactive, massive? Should you be V/LA instead?

My gut is bothering me about AK and Csareo, and whoever else I was arguing with who I forgot. How are you reading AK and Csareo at this very moment?

I don't feel like TTH has really engaged with me at all. Are you familiar with her gameplay, or how she reacts under pressure?

Do you lurk/post infrequently as Scum?

I feel as if you're holding back, lurking a bit, and joining convenient wagons. What is your current stance in this game?
I'd like you to pick 3 or 4 players in this game, in order from first to last, on who you'd wagon and lynch to day and exactly why. Short paragraphs would be valuable.

Is it true one reason you're voting for Csareo is because of the idea/questions around TTH and BBT being Neighbors? If memory serves—and I could be very wrong—he agrees with me that there is some doubt about their claim, especially with DP's rather odd response. Nothing is concrete on that facet of the game, but I do think the issue merits more inquiry and discussion, and certainly isn't as innocuous as others would have us believe it is. Am I not also Scummy because I have some reservations about it? If so, in your eyes, please do elaborate on that in full detail.

Who have you spoke of and/or engaged the least? Why? I am asking this ahead of time before I go ahead and point it out anyways in great detail. Please, if you would, spare me the trouble. Your cooperation in all of these questions would be excellent, and I look forward to hearing some questions of your own, too. If I haven't answered any of your questions, or you have ideas you want to bounce off of me, please go ahead and do so without restriction.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:06 am

Post by Wake1 »

Shit.

I didn't mean to post that much. Sorry!

I suffer from ADD, and have just taken one of my Adderall pills, which treats it.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:17 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 661, Doogal121 wrote:
@Wake and AK, Who would you be comfortable lynching and why are you both reserving your votes?

Mm. MmHm. How to respond to this.

I'm not quite sure who I'd be comfortable with lynching today, because it's Day 1 and a lot of the posts and arguments in this game are convoluted and chock-full of speculation. I could see an Anatole, Csareo, or flubbernugget lynch. All the lurkers in this game have me a bit bothered, too. Not sure about BBT, and TTH and Boonskiies don't feel like they've really engaged me in this game. Then again, they probably wouldn't want to be drawn into an epic interrogation/struggle for survival if they're Scum. I don't particularly like going nutso-aggressive on a player when they end up flipping Town, either, which is why I'm always very comfortable with reserving my vote until enough discussion has gone by.

If you check my meta you'll likely note that I'm almost always reserving my vote. I don't like mislynching folks because I severely dislike being mislynched myself. As a member of Town I am typically very cautious when it comes to placing my votes. The exception though would be the last game I played as Town... Micro 382 (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=58856) in which out of character I cast two hurried votes thanks to pressure, anxiety, and misplaced suspicions. We lost the game. Further reason why I must endeavor to be cautious when it comes to casting my vote. I don't want to make the same mistakes again.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:11 am

Post by massive »

In post 702, Wake1 wrote:
Why have you been so inactive, massive? Should you be V/LA instead?

Starting here. I've made at least one in-game post every day since the game opened, with the exception of the weekend, when I generally stay away from computers since I sit in front of them all week for work. That should be easily confirmed in other games, if you want. What level of activity would you like from me in order to not have me list myself as VLA?

In post 702, Wake1 wrote:I didn't (and still don't) care for his vote on Boonskiies in 104. Him clarifying that bit would help.

Sure. Just finished Mini 1582 with him where we were all trolled by him regularly (I was SK and trying to legit scumhunt, and he made it impossible and was town) and Mini 1587 where he flaked out. Mini 1582 is where he picked up the immediate hammer troll after seeing bjc do it. If he's going to act like that, then I'm happy to get rid of him. And if you disagree that him speculating about an SK with no night kills in 93/101 isn't weird, then I got nothing for ya.

In post 702, Wake1 wrote:His note in 365 that my reaction to the pressure reads as genuine is, to me, a step in the right direction. Though, if he could break it down further and relay in specific detail exactly why he says so would help me in feeling out his alignment.

I would like to believe that no one would use their diseases as a method of avoiding scum detection.

In post 702, Wake1 wrote:How are you reading AK and Csareo at this very moment?

I assume these are all for me. I am voting for Csareo, you can see my points earlier today. I find AK surly but null beyond that currently.

In post 702, Wake1 wrote:I don't feel like TTH has really engaged with me at all. Are you familiar with her gameplay, or how she reacts under pressure?

I've never played a game with her, nor am I in the habit of reading up on my fellow players. I know she's Antihero's sister, but their game play is day and night.

In post 702, Wake1 wrote:Do you lurk/post infrequently as Scum?

I have one completed scum game since coming back, that's Mini 1587. You can feel free to infer your own read, if you want.

In post 702, Wake1 wrote:I feel as if you're holding back, lurking a bit, and joining convenient wagons. What is your current stance in this game? I'd like you to pick 3 or 4 players in this game, in order from first to last, on who you'd wagon and lynch to day and exactly why. Short paragraphs would be valuable.

This seems quite incorrect, at least the "joining convenient wagons" part. I voted for Boon early and this is my first vote move since then.

Csareo - I've said my piece.
Boon - provided here in this post, plus you can see more on this in 493.
Flubbernugget - his leaping to the defense of Csareo doesn't have any basis in this game, he's even picked up the "associative tells" part of the defense which I think we should have cleared up by now, and about half of his posts are unrelated to the game.

In post 702, Wake1 wrote:Is it true one reason you're voting for Csareo is because of the idea/questions around TTH and BBT being Neighbors? If memory serves—and I could be very wrong—he agrees with me that there is some doubt about their claim, especially with DP's rather odd response. Nothing is concrete on that facet of the game, but I do think the issue merits more inquiry and discussion, and certainly isn't as innocuous as others would have us believe it is. Am I not also Scummy because I have some reservations about it? If so, in your eyes, please do elaborate on that in full detail.

I don't think the conspiracy theory has any basis as consideration as a scum gambit, and I think any good mod would let you stew in the conspiracy theory you've created for yourself. What I find scummy is when people bring it back up when most of us have dismissed it, or when someone presses it as a viable idea. It's upping the noise level and forcing us to spend time discussing a very unlikely situation. In short, I think it's a smokescreen.

In post 702, Wake1 wrote:Who have you spoke of and/or engaged the least? Why? I am asking this ahead of time before I go ahead and point it out anyways in great detail.

In this game specifically : The two replacees, GreyICE, AK, and then probably Flubber and Dougal, who I asked questions of but who I haven't engaged in any back-and-forth.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:35 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 705, massive wrote:
In post 702, Wake1 wrote:I didn't (and still don't) care for his vote on Boonskiies in 104. Him clarifying that bit would help.

Sure. Just finished Mini 1582 with him where we were all trolled by him regularly (I was SK and trying to legit scumhunt, and he made it impossible and was town) and Mini 1587 where he flaked out. Mini 1582 is where he picked up the immediate hammer troll after seeing bjc do it. If he's going to act like that, then I'm happy to get rid of him. And if you disagree that him speculating about an SK with no night kills in 93/101 isn't weird, then I got nothing for ya.

1582 was my very first game here on mafia scum, and I wasn't even trolling at that point. Noobtown? Definitely, but I wasn't trolling. And I made it impossible for you as a serial killer? Hmm, isn't that a good thing for me as town?

"If he's going to act like that, then I'm happy to get rid of him. And if you disagree that him speculating about an SK with no night kills in 93/101 isn't weird, then I got nothing for ya."
Are you suggesting a policy lynch for a playstyle that I'm not even following or giving any hints to following this game?

FoS: Massive
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:40 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I'd also like to point out, in 1582 I made it to the final 3 in LyLo as town, and town won that game. I'm really not as much of a troll as I appear. Also, I gave perfect reasoning to the SK possibility by a theory about a play GreyIce was trying to do in post 93. In post 101, I even bring up the fact that it was farfetch'd and that I was probably over-analyzing. Did you even read the post?

@Wake - we may have not have much interaction this game, but you have majorly indirectly influenced my reads on people this game.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:41 am

Post by Boonskiies »

*we may not have had ^

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:49 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 702, Wake1 wrote:I don't feel like TTH has really engaged with me at all.

Don't put that on me.

The only thing you've bothered to do with me is put on a tin-foil hat and talk about this flight of fancy where BBT and I copied from the scum PT.
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Csareo »

This is nothing like my scum game, which tbh, I haven't been able to test on this site.
@Wake and Massive - My vote on BBT has almost nothing to do with the neighborhood at this point, but I'm still really suspicious.
BBT reminds me of what I was like as noob scum
Always need fresh blood
http://www.edeb8.com/
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Csareo »

In post 709, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 702, Wake1 wrote:I don't feel like TTH has really engaged with me at all.

Don't put that on me.

The only thing you've bothered to do with me is put on a tin-foil hat and talk about this flight of fancy where BBT
and I copied from the scum PT
Always need fresh blood
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:51 am

Post by Csareo »

Can we lynch BBT and TTH now.
LMAO, that was a scum slip I've made in the past before, during MYLO
Always need fresh blood
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:52 am

Post by massive »

In post 706, Boonskiies wrote:
1582 was my very first game here on mafia scum, and I wasn't even trolling at that point. Noobtown? Definitely, but I wasn't trolling. And I made it impossible for you as a serial killer? Hmm, isn't that a good thing for me as town?

Nice try. You made it impossible for EVERYONE to scumhunt and you know that. Don't paint your actions in 1582 as anything other.

In post 706, Boonskiies wrote:Also, I gave perfect reasoning to the SK possibility by a theory about a play GreyIce was trying to do in post 93. In post 101, I even bring up the fact that it was farfetch'd and that I was probably over-analyzing. Did you even read the post?

There's a wide difference between over-analyzing, and rampant wild speculation, which is what you did.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:52 am

Post by Csareo »

Oh, after reading that, it is clear that wasn't a slip, but an accusation TTH thought wake was making.
Always need fresh blood
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:54 am

Post by Csareo »

Massive, your case is so fucking stupid.
Scum Slip=Csareo not making sense.

I got town lynched for the same reason on another game for that same line of reasoning.
Always need fresh blood
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:55 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Again, 1582 was my FIRST GAME! I have played 10+ games since then.
And you've seen me play before, massive. It's not that out of the ordinary for me to do that and you know that! Your push on me is horrible.
In fact...
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... &start=525 This whole page I am basically doing that exact thing. Guess what? I was town.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:57 am

Post by Csareo »

Massive's push on you isn't unreasonable, and is actually hardly existent.
Not clear on why you are overeacting.

Now his case on me was shit. "Csareo is scum because AK+TTH scum pair doesn't make sense, yada yada"
Always need fresh blood
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:00 am

Post by Csareo »

In response to GC vs Flubber, of course he isn't going to lynch me until I make a "Stupid scum slip"
Mafia isn't played by assuming everyone is scum right off the bat, therefore executing a blind lynch.

Now stop acting like a dunce, and find actual scum.
Always need fresh blood
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:02 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 687, The Rufflig wrote:@TTH: It seems that you're not sure that BBT is scum and you don't appear to really find anyone else suspicious. Is that correct?

Well, I don't know. I'm trying to make myself happy with a BBT townread, but I can't for a few reasons: 1) the looming specter of neighbor meta, 2) there's something rotten in the Csareo push.
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:03 am

Post by Csareo »

In post 709, TellTaleHeart wrote:

Don't put that on me.

The only thing you've bothered to do with me is put on a tin-foil hat and talk about this flight of fancy where BBT and I copied from
the
scum PT.

Back to this quote, there is actually a handy trick to catch a lie.
Refer to the highlighted word.

Although I'm not scum reading TTH solely on this.
Always need fresh blood
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:06 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Did I lie anywhere? Did Wake's theory involve BBT and I copying from the scum PT or did it not?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:09 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 190, Wake1 wrote:
DoctorPepper, I have an important question for you.

Are Scum allowed to quote posts from their QT/PT, assuming they have Daytalk?

@TTH

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:11 am

Post by Csareo »

In post 721, TellTaleHeart wrote:Did I lie anywhere? Did Wake's theory involve BBT and I copying from
the
scum PT or did it not?

You did it again. Believe me, this is a real life trip.
If you are accused of doing something, someone telling the truth would reply in the third tense "...and I copying from
a
scum PT"
You stated it using "
the
", which signifies that the person being questioned is confirming its existence, and regarding the context in which you said it, I am awfully suspicious you may be in it as well.

Then again, this is all just psychology theory.
Always need fresh blood
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:13 am

Post by massive »

Boon
: I don't know what you're linking to, but I was not in that game.

Everyone else
: My point on Csareo is not that he might believe that TTH/BBT are both scum, but that he continues to push it, which means it triggers Wake to start talking about it and then we all have to fight above the noise floor of it to do meaningful work. (538 is a good example of this, subtly pushing the "conspiracy theory", 712 will undoubtedly lead this way)

Considering we already had one fight over TTH's grammatical stylings, I can't imagine we're going down this path again.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”