Mini Normal 1609: The Case Of Doctor Pepper (Game Over)

The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:04 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

@Boonskiies: That is insane. You are actually saying that TTH is as likely to be scum with BBT as not.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:09 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Ugh...what I was saying was that I'd like to lynch them for actual scummy reasons, and not for the fact they are in a neighborhood together. That being said, my scum read was on BBT. I swear I've explained this like 10 times.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:10 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Although it would be nice if some of the other players we have would post more instead of just the same 4/5 people.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:12 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

There are only 4 scenarios to consider Boonskiies

1) BBT and TTH are both town and are neighbors together
2) BBT is town and TTH is scum and they are neighbors together
3) BBT is scum and TTH is town and they are neighbors together
4) BBT and TTH are both scum and are not neighbors

Your scum read is on BBT. Scenarios 1 and 2 are no longer possible. Between scenarios 3 and 4, you cannot make up your mind!
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:10 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Dude...I don't necessarily have to make up my mind at this point. It's day 1. We are literally accomplishing nothing with your constant reiteration of the same thing causing the response of my constant replies of the same thing.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:33 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 510, Csareo wrote:Suddenly BBT scum reads boonskies as well.
Reactionary plays are scum plays.

Pro Tip: Stop fucking voting for those who scum read you

This is very much wrong. It's how I play. The amount of times I have seen 'BBT is reactive rather than pro-active and he gets defensive therefore he is scum' is ridiculous. It's a playstyle thing, a lot of people don't like how I play or even attempt to understand it.

I can be aggressive and pro-active; however, if I get put on the back foot first, I pretty much focus on trying to defend myself and trying to explain why somebody's case on me is bad as opposed to scum-hunting.

In post 514, Csareo wrote:
@BBT- Who do you think is town?

So far Rufflig and AK are my two biggest town-reads. TTH is a moderate town-read.

I'm also leaning town on Wake and Flubber.

In post 529, Boonskiies wrote:Dude...I don't necessarily have to make up my mind at this point. It's day 1. We are literally accomplishing nothing with your constant reiteration of the same thing causing the response of my constant replies of the same thing.

Yeah, you kind of do. The way you're approaching it is like 'Right now, I think it could be Scenario A. However, if I'm wrong I can just move onto Scenario B because I already thought that as well even though it completely contradicts the first scenario I was pushing'. You're lining up lynches based on multiple scenarios so you have a valid explanation to fall back on when you're wrong.

You can't town-read someone in one scenario, and then scum-read them in a different scenario. You need to commit to one.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:11 am

Post by Wake1 »

I'll engage later today. Too many priorities at the moment.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:59 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

In post 523, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 389, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I'd probably vote
csareo
over bbt,

In post 450, Anatole Kuragin wrote:he clearly is not being a helpful and productive townie, but I would make the same case for you[Csareo], boonskies, rambler, and a few others and I don't think you're scum[Csareo]

In post 486, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
Csareo
and Boonskies are pretty much exhibiting the same cognitive dissonance.

In post 502, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I already said I'm not scumreading
Csareo
though.

@Anatole Kuragin:
Could you explain your stance changes on Csareo?

I was pretty pissed off at the time and willing to policy lynch. I think Csareo is a liability but thinking clearly I'm not going to support a policy lynch.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:20 am

Post by massive »

In post 513, Boonskiies wrote:Not really. I actually like what Csareo has said about BBT, because I kind of feel the same way. BBT is flip flopping onto anyone who thinks he could be scum. There's been a few things I like from Csareo, and I'm town reading him for now because of it. Now I get to see my biggest scum read to one of my town reads go at it? Yeah, my vote's set unless some convincing evidence comes out.

But this isn't what Csareo said -- what Csareo said was that he was voting for whoever was voting him. See 466. And clearly you didn't read the vote analysis that Rufflig did in 478 so here, I will link it up for you. You later say:

In post 516, Boonskiies wrote:BBT's votes are literally on everyone...he's trying to put focus on people other than himself, and he does go after anyone that thinks he is scummy, even if he doesn't put a vote up. I guess you could say he's reaction testing everyone, but eh, I don't like it.

So ... you think BBT is scummy for going after people he thinks are scummy?

In post 484, Boonskiies wrote:And I don't usually say my scum reads until I plan on pursuing/interrogating them.

So now that you've said you find BBT scummy, do you think you'll plan on pursuing / interrogating him soon?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:01 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I kind of stopped caring about this game now due to god damn ignorance in everyone. Probably scum motivated ignorance, but probably scum motivated so well directed. Go ahead and policy lynch me, I'm not going to replace out.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:48 am

Post by Doogal121 »

Going to drop my reads down, been doing a lot of lurking and not really able to post much. Still care about the game. This week is just going to be a rough one for me.
VOTE: Grey Ice
Scum play against AK with the LaL argument and then disappeared.

Town:
Wake
Boons
TTH
AK

Scum:
BBT
Grey Ice

Everybody else I don't have strong reads on.
V/LA Weekends and Major Holidays.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:52 am

Post by Csareo »

Ignorance does appear to be prevalent.
I get pissed everytime I see BBT responding to my quotes, because his only concern appears to be defense.
I have a gut read on ruffling and flubbernugget. Flubber mostly for meta reasons.

Not sure about boonskies, but I know anatole seems different.
If BBT flips scum, I would look towards pressuring TTH and Ruffling.
Wake, please help progress the game, as your posts make a lot of sense to be honest.
Always need fresh blood
http://www.edeb8.com/
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:06 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

I feel like there's something missing with Ruffling and massive. I don't know what to ask for, though.

It's very frustrating.
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:18 am

Post by Csareo »

I would rather lynch BBT, and have greyice replace out (so we can question the new player).
I'm not as sure about that wagon, but I haven't seen BBT flip to that wagon yet.
Here's his vote history.

BBT Vote History

He actually voted TTH before this reaction, but it could of been motivated by two things (from a scum mindset)
1. I'm afraid of TTH outing me as scum
2. TTH is my scumbuddy, and we are fooling people by disalligning ourselves \

Have been very open to the idea that he posted the Scum PM. I can't be certain of anything though, and I am not strongly scum reading TTH.
VOTE: TTH

I'm a neighbor with BBT and from the pregame chatter coupled with the opening vote while lacking a forthcoming explanation, I'm already very distrusting of him.

VOTE: BBT

I guess I'm wondering, "Why was it TTH?"
BBT, who said he voted TTH because he thought she was scum from a pre-topic
Very interesting. You knew I suspected you right? That's why you've come out all guns blazing on me. Opening vote? It's RVS, is there a reason you're so paranoid?

I believe TTH slipped to me in the neighbour thread. It looked like she was replying to somebody else with the way she started her message. I think she knows she slipped and is trying to get me out of the way.

You're fucking kidding me, right? This is scummy as hell, because a player who has evidence from a PT that another player may be scum, should JUSTIFY that vote, instead of saying nothing and letting it pass as a naked RVS vote.

Wake88 put forward a scenario of TTH covering her ass, but IMHO, I think BBT was the one reacting from TTH.
@Ruffling- Partly why I thought he forged the PT

All this talk of whether neighbours have pre-game chat is ridiculous.

Every game I have played in I have had pre-game chat if my role allows for it. It's usually quite short as you only have as long as it takes for the majority/everyone to confirm for the game. When that's done, the chat is closed.

Boon's 93 was awful.

Anatole lying is also pretty bad.

VOTE: Anatole

This was a real kicker. 9 posts into the game, and he completely drops his scum read on TTH to pursue anatole, before greyice or anatole had been questioned even ONCE if what was said is even true. Really, you expect us to buy into this bullshit?
Then here's what really set me off. TTH only had ONE post in defense of herself, and BAM, BBT unvotes.
Only question I'm wondering, is if this was a buddy scenario being executed???
Then he town reads him...
This guy knows what he is talking about.

AK, where are you at right now? Who are you scum-reading?

Look, TTH posts once after the unvote and we have this :facepalm:
I think she is town

And here he jumps on a weak inactive wagon.
@doogal - what question have you asked me?

@scrambles - great contribution so far. Have a vote

VOTE: Scrambles
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is no

I didn't even scum read him until this post. It became clear he was trying to get a quick and cheap lynch.
Then after jumping on a cheap attack against wake over him missing a post, he casts another cheap vote AFTER the pressure shifted to himself rather than wake, which is a reactionary tell.
Maybe this vote will.

VOTE: Wake88
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everythin

Look at this lovely justification
Because I think you're scum.

Now he reverses his word and scum reads TTH, after the Wake88 wagon fails. Oppurtunistic and reactionary again...
Why is it useless?

It's almost as good as a mason except you obviously don't know the other person's alignment. If there is scum in the neighbour thread, I can assure you that it's TTH.

Also, if TTH is scum, it should guarantee me some time in this game because as soon as I'm lynched/killed and flip town, TTH is like auto lynched after that.

Then he has the audacity to say this...
Csareo, you've been vote-hopping all over this game. Trying to decide which lynch looks achievable?

Kissing up to wake here again, looking for his oppurtunistic wagon

Here are my thoughts;

VOTE: Csareo

GJ on VC Wake.

Look what he said a couple of posts before he voted for me...
After reviewing;

Csareo's posting hasn't been too bad.

I could happily vote Rufflig or Flubber. Flubber was completely off my radar. He looks just as bad as Scrambles. Would happily lynch either of them right now.

Now, after all this shit, he is ready for a lynch on these two? After flubber defends his wagons that is.
I can't find the final post, but after Boonskies votes for BBT, BBT decides to scum read Boonskies.

Either the worst town player, ever, or scum. Take your gambit.
Always need fresh blood
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:22 am

Post by Csareo »

There is convincing evidence BBT and TTH are on the same team, but it is mostly speculative.
Always need fresh blood
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:45 am

Post by massive »

In post 537, TellTaleHeart wrote:I feel like there's something missing with Ruffling and massive. I don't know what to ask for, though.

It's very frustrating.

You just have to think of us as tall, handsome strangers that you meet by happenstance. What questions would you ask us then? Rufflig, do you like pina coladas? Long walks on the beach?

It would seem then that you don't have any problems developing your thoughts on the other players. Care to tell us what you think about the major candidates now? Boon, BBT, Csareo?

In post 539, Csareo wrote:There is convincing evidence BBT and TTH are on the same team, but it is mostly speculative.

How is speculative evidence convincing to you?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:08 am

Post by Csareo »

I guess the convincing parts are the evidence that support the speculation, although like everything else in this game, nothing is certain.
Always need fresh blood
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:16 am

Post by massive »

So ... we call this "confbias" in this game, and it's not actual evidence.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:23 am

Post by Wake1 »

Honestly, I'm a bit lost in this game. I reread the whole game three times, yet am unable to remember things or muster enough analytical might to bring issues to the forefront. And when I do find time then another irl crisis or challenge happens. Gonna put some music on and read over the game again.

It really helps me when posts are short and succinct. Otherwise it's tough keeping it all in the short-term memory.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Csareo »

In post 542, massive wrote:So ... we call this "confbias" in this game, and it's not actual evidence.

Confirmation bias is something else entirely. It is affirmation because others do so as well, which isn't the case here.
Always need fresh blood
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:00 am

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Boon
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:01 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 543, Wake1 wrote:Honestly, I'm a bit lost in this game. I reread the whole game three times, yet am unable to remember things or muster enough analytical might to bring issues to the forefront. And when I do find time then another irl crisis or challenge happens. Gonna put some music on and read over the game again.

It really helps me when posts are short and succinct. Otherwise it's tough keeping it all in the short-term memory.

What do you think about the most recent interactions between BBT and Csaero? Ruffling and Boonskies?

Don't kill yourself by trying to read through the whole thread again.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

VOTE: BBT

Is it scummy to leave a naked vote on someone you're already voting for?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:04 am

In post 547, Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: BBT

Is it scummy to leave a naked vote on someone you're already voting for?

Umm, what are you talking about?
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:06 am

Post by Csareo »

In post 545, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Boon

Can we PLEASE kill him now?
Always need fresh blood