Ankamius(0)-

Anatole Kuragin(1)-
aphix

Doublade(1)-
randomidget

Krystal Bald(0)-

aphix(0)-

Deadline
Deadline is September 29th at 12:30PM EST. This is in (expired on 2014-09-29 11:30:00)

Boring Mod notes
All VCs up to this one have had flavor inserted, go back for lols.

Biscuits are better than cornbread and dinner rolls.
Last edited by notscience on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:38 am

Post by aphix »

In post 70, Krystal Bald wrote:Aphix I dunno what you're getting at, Anatole is obviously town. You'll have to explain using little words for me.

Because of the degree of the reaction he had.

I also don't think the two responses you gave were correct. As either alignment I'd choose not to say anything and see what people do. If I was to call you out on it, I'd be looking at explaining everything and calling you out directly, as opposed to playing dumb and being like, duh I don't know what you are doing here. Especially with his later posts making it look like he thought you scum slipped ... but deciding to let it go. It's a concern of mine.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:39 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 18, Matsumi Sisters wrote:
In post 15, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 12, Alchemist21 wrote:Who's Fluminator and why are people voting for him?

P.S. I'm new here so I don't know the people here.

Don't worry I haven't played with anyone in this game either apart from reinoe. Two votes on a wagon could just be not paying attention. Three votes in RVS would be unusal.

Really? let's make it unusual then
Vote: Flubinator

-Kuro

In post 21, Majiffy wrote:VOTE: Fluminator

Lets push this puppy as far as it will go.

Why would the two of you want to push this seemingly random wagon so early in the game?
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:43 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

In post 76, aphix wrote:
In post 70, Krystal Bald wrote:Aphix I dunno what you're getting at, Anatole is obviously town. You'll have to explain using little words for me.

I also don't think the two responses you gave were correct. As either alignment I'd choose not to say anything and see what people do. If I was to call you out on it, I'd be looking at explaining everything and calling you out directly, as opposed to playing dumb and being like, duh I don't know what you are doing here. Especially with his later posts making it look like he thought you scum slipped ... but deciding to let it go. It's a concern of mine.

That's cool that half your explanation for voting me is for stuff that happened after you voted me. Are you looking into a krystal bald to see my mafia future?
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:11 am

Post by aphix »

In post 78, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 76, aphix wrote:

That's cool that half your explanation for voting me is for stuff that happened after you voted me. Are you looking into a krystal bald to see my mafia future?

That part has little to do with my reason to vote. Just further evidence in my book. I'm not a big fan of making different posts just because some things since then has happened. Good job though.
Krystal Bald
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:18 am

Post by Krystal Bald »

In post 73, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Isn't it crazy that it looks like that?

Yup.
aphix wrote:

Nah, town would call me out on it. The "playing dumb" post you're referring to happened before I really called Anatole out so your reason for calling him scum here doesn't make a lot of sense.
Ha͈̜͇̦͚i̭̖͕̭͍̫l̥̲̯ ̱̦͚̤P͓̦͎̳i̟̱z҉͚͈̖̖z̳͡a̶l͈̞̦̙c͖̥͔̮͓̣͎ơ̼̬͚̦̫a͇̪̹̠t̨̲ļ͈͚̼̰.̝̱̦͉
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:42 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 9, Doublade wrote:I'm not signing

I don't want this alive past day 3.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:43 am

In post 81, Ankamius wrote:

That's how I feel about everyone with an anime avatar.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:48 am

Post by Ankamius »

Unvote: Fluminator

Vote: Clusk92

In post 82, Anatole Kuragin wrote:

If there is not a gameplay reason for it, than this statement was completely and utterly pointless.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:49 am

Post by Ankamius »

BTW, the RVS wagon and the choices thing are both inherently null to me. I'm not interested in dissecting either of those two topics any more than has already been done.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 77, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 12, Alchemist21 wrote:Who's Fluminator and why are people voting for him?

Don't worry I haven't played with anyone in this game either apart from reinoe. Two votes on a wagon could just be not paying attention. Three votes in RVS would be unusal.

-Kuro

Why would the two of you want to push this seemingly random wagon so early in the game?

FOS: Alchemist21
Doublade
Doublade
Goon
Doublade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:00 am

Post by Doublade »

I don't get you.

I'm trying to play with my hydra partner in a way that tries to sync our reads and playstyle, to try and work more cohesively and understandably. And you say we need to die? What?

"The complex attack patterns of its two swords are unstoppable, even for an opponent greatly accomplished at swordplay."

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:02 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm very wary about hydras that don't sign their posts. It's too easy to claim unprovable dissonance when it suits the situation.
Doublade
Doublade
Goon
Doublade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:04 am

Post by Doublade »

Well, we did the opposite in [REDACTED] as [REDACTED] in order to more clearly achieve that, since you can just use a different signature when it suits you. I suppose you'll just have to trust that this is a different situation.

"The complex attack patterns of its two swords are unstoppable, even for an opponent greatly accomplished at swordplay."

Krystal Bald
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:11 am

Post by Krystal Bald »

In post 83, Ankamius wrote:
Unvote: Fluminator

Vote: Clusk92

In post 82, Anatole Kuragin wrote:

If there is not a gameplay reason for it, than this statement was completely and utterly pointless.

Good to see your sense of humour hasn't changed.
Ha͈̜͇̦͚i̭̖͕̭͍̫l̥̲̯ ̱̦͚̤P͓̦͎̳i̟̱z҉͚͈̖̖z̳͡a̶l͈̞̦̙c͖̥͔̮͓̣͎ơ̼̬͚̦̫a͇̪̹̠t̨̲ļ͈͚̼̰.̝̱̦͉
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:26 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm blunt.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:27 am

In post 90, Ankamius wrote:I'm blunt.

Hell yeah bro 420
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:27 am

Post by Fluminator »

In post 77, Alchemist21 wrote:

-Kuro

It was to see the reactions to it. I was never in any danger of getting lynched.

@Matsumi
I ignored it because I don't find wagons in RVS a great source of tells. I figured a non-serious post would be a good way to get some comments on me that I could use for better tells.
I thought it mildly suspicious you would claim it was an omgus vote when it was really just a joke. I didn't respond to your question right away because I wanted to see if you would make a big deal out of it. You didn't so my suspicion in that case was neutralized.

Although I'm not sure if this " choice " thing Krystal did was just a reaction test or a scum slip. If someone is going for reactions they should do something out of the norm, not something scummy.
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by Matsumi Sisters »

In post 92, Fluminator wrote:I ignored it because I don't find wagons in RVS a great source of tells. I figured a non-serious post would be a good way to get some comments on me that I could use for better tells.

1) Well I do find RVS Wagons as great sources for reactions that can end the RVS, and I pretty much wanted to see what randomiget would do after I added a 3rd vote onto the wagon (but he just flat out ignored it u.u)
2) Why do you think your non-serious post would be a good way to get better tells but had an issue with my non-serious vote on you?
In post 92, Fluminator wrote:I thought it mildly suspicious you would claim it was an omgus vote when it was really just a joke.

3) Well a joke vote on someone voting you is really an OMGUS vote soooooo, because there's no actual reason there other than being voted by them, specially considering you quoted the post where I voted you with it which means my vote is what made you vote.
In post 92, Fluminator wrote:I didn't respond to your question right away because I wanted to see if you would make a big deal out of it. You didn't so my suspicion in that case was neutralized.

4) Why would you think I'm more likely to make a big deal out of it as town than as scum, and why do you think I wouldn't do either as either alignment?

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:09 pm

In post 87, Ankamius wrote:I'm very wary about hydras that don't sign their posts. It's too easy to claim unprovable dissonance when it suits the situation.

Technically if I were to sign as my hydra partner I could do the same, do you disagree?
However there's no reason to be concerned about an hydra that doesn't sign their posts until they actually show dissonance IMO.

- Kuro
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 94, Matsumi Sisters wrote:
In post 87, Ankamius wrote:I'm very wary about hydras that don't sign their posts. It's too easy to claim unprovable dissonance when it suits the situation.

Technically if I were to sign as my hydra partner I could do the same, do you disagree?
However there's no reason to be concerned about an hydra that doesn't sign their posts until they actually show dissonance IMO.

- Kuro

It's not the same because you can't just make up dissonance when it suits you when you directly sign your posts.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Matsumi Sisters wrote:
In post 92, Fluminator wrote:I ignored it because I don't find wagons in RVS a great source of tells. I figured a non-serious post would be a good way to get some comments on me that I could use for better tells.

1) Well I do find RVS Wagons as great sources for reactions that can end the RVS, and I pretty much wanted to see what randomiget would do after I added a 3rd vote onto the wagon (but he just flat out ignored it u.u)

Maybe they are a good way. Nothing against them, I just don't find them useful yet in my experience.
Matsumi Sisters wrote: 2) Why do you think your non-serious post would be a good way to get better tells but had an issue with my non-serious vote on you?

I didn't have an issue with your vote on me. Other than that you misspelled my name. That's why I misspelled your name in response.
Matsumi Sisters wrote:
In post 92, Fluminator wrote:I thought it mildly suspicious you would claim it was an omgus vote when it was really just a joke.

3) Well a joke vote on someone voting you is really an OMGUS vote soooooo, because there's no actual reason there other than being voted by them, specially considering you quoted the post where I voted you with it which means my vote is what made you vote.

Ok, I guess it was an omgus vote. I sort of assumed those were always negative things to do.
Matsumi Sisters wrote:
In post 92, Fluminator wrote:I didn't respond to your question right away because I wanted to see if you would make a big deal out of it. You didn't so my suspicion in that case was neutralized.

4) Why would you think I'm more likely to make a big deal out of it as town than as scum, and why do you think I wouldn't do either as either alignment?

No, I thought you would make a bigger deal out of it if you were trying to make me look in a negative light. (which would be something I think scums would try to do.) I realized you weren't.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by Fluminator »

There is something that bugs me about you though that I need clearing up. You said:
In post 51, Matsumi Sisters wrote:
I just assumed they were asking what we would have chosen if we were scum, I see no downsides for everyone doing so as scum already knows what PRs are in. Perhaps I'm too used with setups like this one since i'm a fan of things like Stack the Deck and Pick your power X/Y

- Kuro

Krystal was pretty clear in what she meant though.
In post 37, Matsumi Sisters wrote:
In post 33, Krystal Bald wrote:P.S. if anyone wants to claim what choices they submitted in pregame now would be the time.

I agree about this, since scum already knows what PRs are in and could help figure out possible fake claims.

-Kuro

So if you did actually think the question was, "what would you pick as mafia," why would you answer with the 3 roles that are hardest to fakeclaim? Wouldn't that be protown?
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:13 pm

In post 97, Fluminator wrote:So if you did actually think the question was, "what would you pick as mafia," why would you answer with the 3 roles that are hardest to fakeclaim? Wouldn't that be protown?

Because if i give town the roles hardest to fake claim, town wont know which PRs are in and which aren't so I can fake claim the other ones without someone counterclaiming.
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:14 pm

In post 98, Matsumi Sisters wrote:
In post 97, Fluminator wrote:So if you did actually think the question was, "what would you pick as mafia," why would you answer with the 3 roles that are hardest to fakeclaim? Wouldn't that be protown?

Because if i give town the roles hardest to fake claim, town wont know which PRs are in and which aren't so I can fake claim the other ones without someone counterclaiming.

^
- Kuro

Return to “Completed Open Games”