HungryJoe
HungryJoe
Goon
HungryJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:21 pm

Post by HungryJoe »

Well guys, I'm honestly very busy IRL, mostly because of my finals scrambling. But, I'll be back in about a week more solidly.

On a different note, however, this game is honestly just completely disinteresting me in pretty much every way. I see very little meaningful debate(it's really more like nitpicking, and people accusing people of accusing people for accusing people than anything solid.), and more importantly, this particular game just isn't very much fun. =b

I'll try to be here more often, but I just don't have the time to check that often, even when I don't have finals.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:28 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

BillyTwilight wrote:Hey guys, sorry I've been really inactive so far in this game. I've been really busy at work - for those of you who are thinking about it, grad school really sucks and I wish it on none of you. I will get a reread in and post hopefully by Wednesday, I have a presentation tomorrow I have been working on and just no time to give the game the attention it deserves until then.
Billy posted? :o

Vote Count Please?
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:50 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Vote Count:

Albert B. Rampage- 6 (HackerHuck, Johhan, ~N9V~, Shteven, The Central Scrutinizer, Glork)
Shteven- 2 (Guardian, Albert B. Rampage)
Battle Mage- 2 (Haut Boy, HungryJoe)
Guardian- 2 (Mr. Buddy Lee, BeanBagBoy)
Jack- 1 (Yogurt Bandit)
Yogurt Bandit- 1 (Battle Mage)
Johhan- 1 (Nik Zero)

Not voting (3): Coron, BillyTwilight, Jack

10 to lynch.

HautBoy and Nik Zero will be replaced ASAP. Coron is next on the chopping block. We will be rather patient with HungryJoe, as he seems to be an active poster.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i didnt like Guardians last post. i havent checked this game in quite a while, and i can barely remember why i was voting for YB, so Guardian will suffice as the play for today.
Unvote, Vote: Guardian

i wonder if Guardian + scumbuddies will try and quick lynch albert in light of this :P
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:58 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

BM wrote:i didnt like Guardians last post. i havent checked this game in quite a while, and i can barely remember why i was voting for YB, so Guardian will suffice as the play for today.
i wonder if Guardian + scumbuddies will try and quick lynch albert in light of this
Guardian wrote:
unvote: BM vote: Shteven

BM is probably just being unreadable scummy town anyways... I think there is still a chance he is scum but...

I did a reread of Shteven's posts alone... Many times he had a not very townlike attitude. As TCS suggested, I am taking it to the bank.
What didn't you like about that post BM?

Also, I found the last sentence sort of peculiar. I cant really tell why though, I guess you're just saying that since you voted Guardian that Scum (Which includes Guardian according to you) Would attempt a Quicl Lynch of Albert. This is considering everyone currently voting for Albert is not Scum, and that all 4(5) Scum would vote off Albert. It could be possible, but Since you said that I dont think they will.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

his comment about me seems like scum keeping their options open.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:10 am

Post by Guardian »

BM, you are becoming incredibly hard to tolerate in this game. You have attacked me twice for moving off your wagon and looking for more likely scum candidates. There is a point at which being attacking of everyone and unreadable should be sacrificed for realizing that my actions are legitimate attempts at finding scum... You finding it scummy that I acknowledge that you may not be scum... just doesn't make sense to me.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:34 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

The mods would like to welcome
AutumnEvenings
to the game, replacing Haut Boy as of this post.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:40 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Welcome AutumnEvevnings!

I liked Guardian's post, Especially the last sentence. It is as if BM wants to seems scummy.
johhan
johhan
Goon
johhan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:11 am

Post by johhan »

Battle Mage wrote:i didnt like Guardians last post. i havent checked this game in quite a while, and i can barely remember why i was voting for YB, so Guardian will suffice as the play for today.

i wonder if Guardian + scumbuddies will try and quick lynch albert in light of this :P
Unvote. Vote BM

That last sentence screams scum to me, but also makes me keep an eye on Albert. You could be trying to encourage an albert lynch without voting for him to keep yourself uninvolved, or you could be trying to discourage voting for albert because he's one of your scumbuddies, but (please correct me if this is the improper use of the term) that turns into WIFOM real fast. Another possibility is you could be trying to distance you and Guardian with what you know is an unpopular lynch choice right now so that if one of you turns up scum the other is more protected.
"Generic Mafia Quote" - Some player you've never heard of.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:54 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

As of this message,
Yosarian2
is replacing Nik Zero. Huzzah.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:56 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yup, I'm here. :) Hey, I finally get to play a game with AutumnEvenings, awesome.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Like I usually do, rather then trying to take copius notes and figure it all out at once, I'm going to respond to stuff as I see it during my re-read.

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Was that randomized or were the night actions in ?

Damnit, some of the 2 best players are out...cunning mafia.
Question: This may or may not be relevent to anything, but have you played with either Jdodge or SV or both before? Or if not, did you read through games with them in it?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Glork wrote:MBL seems to want to begin the often-fruitless process of "nightkill choice speculation." The only ones among us who could have any legitimate insight into the scums' kills would be the scums themselves. MBL is experienced enough to know by now that talking about N1 kills (especially in a night-start game) is rarely (if ever) useful.

I'd like MBL to answer BBB's question only because I'm curious myself to know why exactly MBL would label a spectrumvoid kill as "odd." But for the most part, I want to nip this "speculation on why so-and-so was killed" issue in the bud. Simply put, we will not be able to discern anything at all from who was killed. And any insinuations that X might be scum because Y died will without a doubt get a vote from me.
Don't really like this post here; with those specific night choices, I think there are very good reasons to try to use that to figure out who would have killed those specific people. I certanly don't see why you'd want to shut this down as an avenue of speculation this early on day 1.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Glork wrote:You're kidding, right? You mean you think that Guardian actually believes that I am the perfect mafia player and that I know all of the scums' identities without everyone even having posted yet? You think that language like "I demanded that he find all five scum" and "Tsk tsk Glork" is "far from a joke"?

Please stop talking, BM. You're just making yourself look like a fool.
fos:Glork
. Battle mage is actually making some sense here; I don't like how Glork just shuts him down and tells him to "stop talking".
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by Jack »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
vote: Shteven

He is clearly seeding an attack on me with his "albert always plays scummy" comment. I don't like it, it sounded like a set-up.
No he isn't. If albert is always scummy then scummy play by you here indicates nothing. This looks like a poor excuse to bandwagon.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Battle Mage wrote:well im not the ideal judge of my own scumminess. of course, me being hard to read is only bad for me as town. as scum, i can get away with murder :D
heh...you know, that's almost a reason to lynch you right there. ;)

Seriously, though, I'm not really seeing the BM wagon at this time.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:We hashed this over in the thread I posted. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to more or less ignore his behavior unless he 1) brings up a good point or 2) acts more unusually than usual.
...which dosn't mean we just ignore BM either, I just saw a town lose a game by ignoring him when he was scum because he's "always scummy". I'd suggest people actually, you know, read his posts and try to figure out if he's scum, perhaps put together a case against him or something if you've got a problem with him? BM does play differently when scum then when town, everyone does; but I don't like how this BM wagon seems to be just gliding along on autopilot with very little reference to any specific thing he's actually done so far this game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:27 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Glork wrote:
Jack wrote:
Glork wrote:But if Albert thought they were "two of the best," that would certainly give him incentive to kill one of them.
This is exactly what you were attacking MBL for.
Vote:Glork
No. I was attacking MBL for calling the SV kill "odd."
...and I kept it there for his refusing to explain why he thought it was odd.
No, Jack is right. You also attacked MBL for talking about the night 1 kills at all; saying that
Glork wrote:MBL seems to want to begin the often-fruitless process of "nightkill choice speculation." The only ones among us who could have any legitimate insight into the scums' kills would be the scums themselves. MBL is experienced enough to know by now that talking about N1 kills (especially in a night-start game) is rarely (if ever) useful.
Jack's hardly "strawmanning" you here, Glork, he's pointing out that you've contradicted yourself.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Hmm...

I claim vanilla townie :?
Obligatory
fos
for that
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:31 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Welcome Y2!

(Referring to 316)

I did find the I can get away with murder comment from Bm peculiar.. as did everyone.. but Most pepole had already voted him.

Your other post, Makes good sense. We shouldnt ignore BM, We must be careful, because yes, he could be scum. but like TCS, right now he hasnt been too too suspicous, He was a little more suspicous at the start, but hes kind of calmed down. He has kind of had a Wishy Washy play style this game..
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok...general summery...

I don't trust Albert or Glork at this point. Glork, especally, is rubbing me the wrong way. A lot of his posts don't feel right to me right now.

vote:Glork

Yogurt has made a few unusual posts. Not sure what to think of him at this point.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by Glork »

Re: Yos:
I believe I've tired to qualify/clarify this, but my scumtell against nightkill speculation is strongest at the very onset of a game. I feel this is so because there are so many factors which go into deciding how a group makes a kill, and when a player chooses to draw conclusions on scums based on a limited number (usually one) of these factors, it tends to scream "MISDIRECTION" to me.
I attribute my unusually terse response in this game to the fact that I recently replaced into a game where another player had done a very similar thing, and I don't want to see this as a growing trend. I'm reasonably sure that I could go back in some archived games and find examples of how I voiced my opinions against nightkill speculation (though none are coming to me off the top of my head).

I disagree with your second point 100%. BM's attack on Guardian had no basis, as Guardian's demands of me were unreasonable to an obviously-joking degree. Insulting or not, BM was acting like a complete fool by not only taking Guardian's post seriously, but also through his repeated adamant defense of his clearly-incorrect (and mostly untenable) stance. So yes, I think it was worthwhile for him to stop talking. About that.

I'm going to have to backpedal a bit here and point to my above statement that I should have qualified my stance to refer to onset-of-the-game speculation. I still don't like it in general on D1, and later in the game, I agree that it can actually be very
useful
. If there's one legitimate point among the three you've presented, it's this one. However, I still feel that Jack's attack was somewhat mischaracterizing of my stance. I realize that I am guilty of personal bias, but I still see a distinction between what I did and what I was afraid MBL was starting.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by Glork »

Yosarian2 wrote:but I don't like how this BM wagon seems to be just gliding along on autopilot with very little reference to any specific thing he's actually done so far this game.
Pssst... this may or may not be why I decided that BM is pro-town afterall. Big, fast, fluffy wagon with shoddy/no reasoning, especially when it's the first serious wagon of the game generally means that it's all gas against a pro-town wagonee. I can pretty much guarantee that, if we closely inspect the players on this wagon later on, we'll find about two scumbags on it.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Glork: I don't know, I think Battle Mage's point was reasonable.
Battle Mage wrote:i agree with Haut Boy. ive seen this happen before in other games, and Glork-scum is allowed free reign to do as he pleases till about day 4 or 5.
in future, dont class 'Glork must be right' as a reason to vote for somebody. such blind following is worthy of my vote.
BM
He was saying that it's dangerous to just follow Glork, and that he's seen the town do so often. And yes, Guardian was half-joking, but I think he was he was "joking on the square"; I honestly think that he was more then half-serious about being willing to follow your lead, and I think BM was just pointing out that that's dangerous.

And he also said that he ould vote for anyone who voted following you, and who gave as his only reason "Glork must be right". Which is again quite reasonable, IMHO. Even if you're town, that can be dangerous.

The impression I got was just that he was mostly trying to prevent people from using "let's all follow glork" as an excuse for their votes, the way people have done in other games.

The fact that in response you tried to shut him down completly, told him to stop talking and called him a fool, really bothers me.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:28 pm

Post by Jack »

LoudmouthLee wrote:The mods would like to welcome
AutumnEvenings
to the game, replacing Haut Boy as of this post.
Sweet! AE is fun to play with.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”