Micro 387: Double Day Unlimited (GAME OVER)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by ProHawk »

I am going to help you out here a little because I don't think you understand the driving force of wagons.

Wagons are driven by scum. Innately. Because they have inside knowledge on who is town, and who is scum. They have to drive wagons, or force town to herd in specific directions to survive. Town don't intentionally (or at least shouldn't) drive wagons because they are clueless. The ideal play for town is to evaluate whom out of the group is most likely exhibiting characteristics of scum without following or leading the herd so to speak.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:11 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm not going to get in to the minutiae of wagon theory talk, there's a reason you're third on my list.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:50 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Vote Count #1.9:

Flubbernugget:
Xayzeck, Not_Mafia, OkaPoka, kyndy101 (4)
OkaPoka:
Not_Mafia, kyndy101, scrambles (3)
Not_Mafia:
ZZZX, kyndy101, roseylily (3)
ProHawk:
Xayzeck, kyndy101, roseylily (3)
kyndy101:
OkaPoka, Flubbernugget, ProHawk (3)
ZZZX:
scrambles, Flubbernugget (2)

Not Voting:
None.

With 9 people alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

V/LA:
None.

Deadline:
(expired on 2014-09-28 10:15:00)
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

UNVOTE: Flubbernugget
VOTE: Prohawk

Largely gut read after 250, it's a massive oversimplification, also don't like the tentativeness surrounding the dueling Oka/Flubber wagons
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by ProHawk »

You almost tempt me to self-vote so you all can see how awful your mafia theory is and maybe get on the right track of catching scum, although at this point there is little hope.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

There's nothing stopping you putting Oka on L-1
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:26 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Urgh

UNVOTE: Prohawk

Want the Oka lynch too much
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:27 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Good point. I still haven't figured out how to do VCA yet with the extra votes tho.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:28 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Kndy having four votes in play is making me queasy.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by scrambles »

Why? @prohawk

But anyway, im taking my vote off oka for now. The vitals just looks ridiculous. Theres 5 people with 3 votes. This needs a haircut.
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by scrambles »

unvote oka
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by scrambles »

I suggest that if we cant agree to who is the s cummiest, we simply get rid of a lurker for now.
my guess is on zzzx.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 259, scrambles wrote:Why? @prohawk

I assume this question is in Re: to Kndy and four votes.

Is there any reason why you don't have a problem with it?
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:13 am

Post by scrambles »

As far as play is concerned I get a null read more than anything regarding the votes. It really cpuld go either way. There is definitely scum motivation behind it, but I can also see it being simple laziness at unvoting.

Mainly i was wondering why specifically it bothered you. Like, sure it looks bad, but can you put it into words? Otherwise it just looks like vague attachment bait. Like, you dont like it for a, another player doesn't like it for b, but because you never explained, person b ends up suspecting kyndy for a different reason. Hmmm im not very good at explaining things.
Lemme try another avenue just in case you dont see that one.
if you say you dont like something but dont give a reason, you're just handing out a baseless comment for someone else to latch on to.

So if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to hear it.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:14 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'd say it's pretty self evident
scrambles
scrambles
Goon
scrambles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:25 am

Post by scrambles »

I know im kind of a noob or whatever so what I ask is being kind of brushed off, but when I'd like to hear the reasoning for something, even if I know the potential reasons, I like to know the why. The fewer assumptions I have to make the better.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:11 am

Post by ProHawk »

Yes, scrambles, I can put it into words, and I will. But I wanted to see your thought process before I give you my thoughts. Even if its laziness at unvoting, its EXTREMELY anti-town at best.

There are only two scum. If you have four votes in play, you are contributing to AT LEAST two town-deaths, and that is best-case scenario that you have your other two votes on scum. The other problem is when I try and evaluate voting patterns and motivations. Its too hard to see because which of the four votes are "real" votes, or stated in a better manner, which one of the four votes does kndy ACTUALLY want dead? Its impossible to tell. She could be tossing a vote out on a scum-partner while pushing three other mis-lynches in order to refer back and say "hey guys I voted scum D1!"
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by Rob14 »

kyndy101 has been prodded.
roseylily
roseylily
Townie
roseylily
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:19 pm

Post by roseylily »

Unvote: Prohawk

Not scummy enough for me to want to lynch him D1, and I feel like there's way too many people with three votes; overall it just makes it easier for scum to hammer a townie, plus it just kind of evens out so that there's no real advantage to town. We might as well have no votes on anyone; really we're just putting everyone at L2 because that's "safe".

Also, @Prohawk: I do see what you're saying, but in that case, do you think that the "unlimited voting" part of this has no advantage at all for town? Or would you just prefer that we use it more selectively? I feel that people are just voting everyone who might pop out as suspicious to them as long as that person isn't as L2; do you disagree with this approach?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Rose that's just pretty much how mafia is played here. At the end of the day it's a site meta thing.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:21 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Rose, here are my thoughts do far. ..

The unlimited voting is inherently anti town, the advantage in this setup for town is the double day consecutive lynch. We have the ability to judge a lynch, lynch, get a flip and base our second lunch off information from the first without having to lose someone to a night kill. Votes are important because it's a physical way to judge motivation. So to answer your question, it's in our best interest to have no more than two votes in play at a time. If you have more than two, it says to me you either aren't paying attention/don't understand what you are doing or you aren't actually genuinely scum hunting.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:31 am

Post by Xayzeck »

UNVOTE: Prohawk

VOTE: Oka

Flubber, likewise, is on my lynchlist, along with Oka probably. Preference for Flubber, of course.

I'd like hammer to come soon, ideally we should get the first hammer over and the second phase of the day with minimum a week left. More would be nice, though.

kyndy is climbing up the scumlist slowly, rose is up the town, and hawk is admittedly slightly more town than when I first read him. Like rose said, not my preferred lynch for today.

I think NM would be easier to read with an Oka flip, but I am more confident in a Flubber flip, so that can wait.

Scrambles is also a good candidate, but that's for the next day phase, since the wagon is nonexistent at the moment, but I think most of the playerlist has pushed Scrambles aside for to focus on other wagons. We'll get back to that slot soon, because it needs some votes too imo.
GMT+8
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:01 am

Post by ZZZX »

you guys should expect my posts in the week end since college left no signs of my sanity left
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:59 am

Post by ProHawk »

Oka, reads list/final post please.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

[Filler]

[Another whinge about getting a flip asap]

Fill in the blanks as you wish

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”