bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:00 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Well I didn't mean to confuse things, OTM. I just don't want a week of five-post days so that Aimee can come back and cast a vote on the 10th.
A Papaya
A Papaya
Townie
A Papaya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by A Papaya »

You wanna know why I unvoted N-L at first? It's cause I did think he was town for a bit...but he convinced me he was scum again.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:31 pm

Post by PJ. »

Lowell - 2(The Highland Sage, NabakovNabakov)
Nekka-Lucifer - 6(Stewie, crashtextdummie, ~N9V~, A Papaya, Off The Mark, Hjallti)
Off The Mark - 2(Nekka-Lucifer, bobbyplump)
Hjallti - 1(Lowell)

Not Voting - (Aimee)

With 12 alive, it takes
to lynch.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:26 pm

Post by Hjallti »

Risking to sound overdefensive again I would like to answer boby's analysis by just saying that any action out of the next 4 of me could be explained as a scumtell, in my opinion, and even regardless of what N-L turns out to be when lynched.

a) Posting without voting: N-L scum: I don't want to lynch a buddy; N-L protown: I didn't want to bandwagon
b) Voting N-L: N-L scum: creating distance; N-L protown: opportunity
c) Not posting: Lurking, while active in the week normally
d) Voting someone else: see a)

This means that someone who is convinced I'm scum would be likely to find more proof in that post and that means that proof is false.

Therefor I have a conclusion, which I will address after the ***

I want to re-explain why I think I helped town most by choosing b), in other words why I think N-L is scum. I started with defending myself in the first pages because I felt attacked, and not because I needed to (in hindsight). I think I started to understand that at some point and stopped defending, because I have nothing to hide anyway. Since N-L is in the same situation (at some point we were both at some 3 votes), he should have realized the same and he didn't, from there I stopped believing he was newbie-town, thus I voted.

(by the way I would like to hear if ~N9V~ agrees on this point because he's been there)

Allthough there is no proof for me being scum, and as far as I know no point made hasn't been addressed. I clearly made some mistakes by overeagerness, which could cost town a player tomorrow (a pretty useless newbie but a townie anyway)
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:38 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Good post, Hjallti. It does put you in a tough spot when you are under suspicion. Everything you do from then on is either "scummy" or "scum trying not to look scummy". I have been in that position too, and it stinks. We'll figure it out more on day 2. I have some ideas, but I don't want to muddy the waters at this point.
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:53 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

I agree about you being defensive, and about how N-L isn't a newb town in your eyes, I think that's what you want. Guys,I say we lynch N-L today, find out his role, and go from there.

If he comes up town, find out who was attacking him the most, and if scum, find out who was defending him, then started to attack him towards the end of his life. That will help us find scum.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:07 am

Post by Lowell »

~N9V~ wrote:I agree about you being defensive, and about how N-L isn't a newb town in your eyes, I think that's what you want. Guys,I say we lynch N-L today, find out his role, and go from there.

If he comes up town, find out who was attacking him the most, and if scum, find out who was defending him, then started to attack him towards the end of his life. That will help us find scum.
Uh, this is an extremely suspicious post.

You say we should kill him, then say we should attack those pushing for his lynch if he turns up town.

Wouldn't that be.. uh... YOU?

unvote
. I'm a little wary of this. I sort of like the idea of having more than one bandwagon to jump on. Let me find a good one.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:08 am

Post by Lowell »

vote Off The Mark

Why the hell not. Genearlly I'm not particularly suspicious of him, but I don't like the way discussion has sort of fizzled out of late. Makes me think we've maybe got the wrong guy.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Off the Mark »

@Lowell

So, you're not suspicious of me, but you want to cast a vote for me simply so that there's another bandwagon. OK... what's your goal here? Do you think we need more discussion? I think the reason that discussion has "fizzled" is because most people are happy with where their votes are and Nekka is not posting much of a defense of himself. The only people who really have something to discuss at this point is you and Nabakov and the people who aren't here all week.

If you really want to generate discussion, I think you'll need to build a case against me. I am fine with that, if you want to go that direction, as it will certainly generate more discussion. But I think we might be better off moving on to day 2 at this point, simply to keep everyone interested in the game. When Day 1 lasts forever, you start getting lots of players replaced and then the game is not as good.

@N9V

That post looks pretty scummy, man. To me it looks like you are saying "If Nekka is town, lynch OtM and if he is scum, lynch Hjallti." You should know how bad it looks to be planning tomorrow's lynch at this point. It is sooo easy for scum to setup scenarios so that it becomes a no-lose situation for them the next day, especially since they already know what the result of today's lynch will be. Also, you are experienced enough so that you should know that the most likely scum are not the ones driving a wrong bandwagon, they are ones leaping on board a bad bandwagon. I started out driving the N-L bandwagon, but then I thought I had a clearer scumtell from Hjallti, so I started up a new one. Then N-L came along and convinced me he was the more likely scum, so I went back to my original suspicion.
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:51 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

No, I'm not saying anything like that, but we need to start somewhere to look into scum. And no, it wouldn't be me Lowell, I haven't attacked him directly, not like lots of other peeps.
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:03 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

Ok, I think I have officially given up... If everyone agrees to vote Off the Mark on day 2, then i will happily lynch myself...
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote NL

I really hate concession speeches. Is this game actually that exhausting??? You type in a few lines every few days or so. Please.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:18 am

Post by Off the Mark »

unvote

I want to see the reactions to the latest posts before we end the day.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:19 am

Post by Off the Mark »

ugh, too late.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:20 am

Post by Off the Mark »

wait, no it isn't... Lowell didn't use a colon.

unvote:
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:24 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

As long as the mod chooses to recognize that detail, then this post might mean something.

OTM, you said that Lowell and me were the only ones left with anything to actually discuss (because the only action that could be possible right now is to discuss N-L, I guess), Lowell obviously breezed pass discussion in favor of what he hoped would be decisive action. You might be able to say that I'm not changing my vote to N-L because I'd like it to stay on Lowell, and you'd be right. He tried to use some throwaway excuse instead of logic (or even Craplogic) to put the hammah on a player I still can't figure out why we're lynching. N-L is stupid, flakey, and possibly a detriment to the town, but that doesn't make him scum. One thing I've noticed from playing and reading games is that when it comes to deciding noob-town or noob-scum, the noob overshadows everything else. You just can't tell. We're taking a shot in the dark here and we have only a 1/4-1/3 chance of hitting the target.

But I guess that's what the day 1 lynch is all about, a shot in the dark. It's just that it feels like we're taking the shot with our toes. I'm sure somebody (OTM, Lowell, a suicidal N-L) is going to post the hammer sometime soon, and I'm glad I got to say my 2-cents.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:40 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Ok, I think I have officially given up... If everyone agrees to vote Off the Mark on day 2, then i will happily lynch myself...
Nekka, could you expand on this a little bit more? If you could just explain some of your motivations a little bit...
Lowell wrote: I really hate concession speeches. Is this game actually that exhausting???
Is this really a reason to hammer someone? Especially someone you didn't want to vote for just a couple posts back?
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:12 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

Yep, we lynched our first scum. Giving up isn't all that bad of a scum tell, but saying that if your not scum, then someone else is, that is huge scum tell.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Well he did that 3 pages ago... I'm so very confused. I guess we need a mod call on Lowell's vote. When I look at Nekka's recent posts, I think, "How could he be scum? Either he IS just a confused newb or he's suddenly gotten very clever on us." But then I go back and read posts where he says
I'm convinced that OTM is scum!!! -- PS: I barely read your post.
and I wonder what the hell I was thinking when I was unvoting him. If he's townie, he's not helping us. If he's scum, he takes all the attention away from the other scum. So in a way, he could be playing well! :D

vote: Nekka-Lucifer
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by Stewie »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Ok, I think I have officially given up...
You never really tried...
A Papaya
A Papaya
Townie
A Papaya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by A Papaya »

Stewie wrote:
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Ok, I think I have officially given up...
You never really tried...
Haha, right. :)

And I don't think I've ever seen someone give up and NOT get lynched.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Someone will have to re-hammer if the mod decides to be anal about Lowell's vote.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:44 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

A Papaya wrote: Haha, right.

And how many times have they been scum? (Just curious)
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:18 pm

Post by Stewie »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
A Papaya wrote: Haha, right.

And how many times have they been scum? (Just curious)
I only gave up once and I was scum. I was a newbie, and I was 14. :|
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:19 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

At least you have a year on N-L
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”