Mini Normal 1609: The Case Of Doctor Pepper (Game Over)

Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:03 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

How could you possibly believe that you have anywhere near complete or correct reads if you're not reading the posts of the people you're making those reads on?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:03 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 269, TellTaleHeart wrote:Wake's theory quickly becomes untenable when you think about the payoff (or notable lack thereof) of the plan he's talking about.

Unless you, as Scum, want to keep up the facade of being Neighbors, which makes you look like unconfirmed PRs instead of Scum.

1) Is your hidden thread a QuickTopic or a Private Thread?

2) Are there any other posts in there? If yes or no, why? Surely if you're Neighbors there should have been at least one more post made.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:07 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 275, Anatole Kuragin wrote:How could you possibly believe that you have anywhere near complete or correct reads if you're not reading the posts of the people you're making those reads on?

...interesting. So that's what's up. Any more discrediting you'd like to paint me with, Anatole?

You've been searching for different ways to discredit me in this game. At least two blatant examples, I think.

If you were a Townie, you should seek to actually try and weigh each issue, with the pros and the cons, instead of being an obvious dissembler.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:08 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 268, Wake1 wrote:
In post 266, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Because I think you're scum.

OK.

WHY?

Because you're clearly not reading the game and even if you are reading the game, you're not processing the information. Scum would do this. Town would not.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:08 am

if you were a townie you would
READ THE GAME

holy jesus how are you even seriously defending that stance
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:08 am

You deserve to be discredited a million times over by every mafia player in this universe and any other possible hypothetical universes.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:09 am

In post 277, Wake1 wrote:
In post 275, Anatole Kuragin wrote:How could you possibly believe that you have anywhere near complete or correct reads if you're not reading the posts of the people you're making those reads on?

...interesting. So that's what's up. Any more discrediting you'd like to paint me with, Anatole?

You've been searching for different ways to discredit me in this game. At least two blatant examples, I think.

If you were a Townie, you should seek to actually try and weigh each issue, with the pros and the cons, instead of being an obvious dissembler.

Like, please, answer my question you are quoting. I would love to hear what psychic power you hold that allows you to judge players when you aren't even reading their posts.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:10 am

I came into this game trying to fucking defend you and you are seriously proving everyone right with this shit.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:15 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 276, Wake1 wrote:
In post 269, TellTaleHeart wrote:Wake's theory quickly becomes untenable when you think about the payoff (or notable lack thereof) of the plan he's talking about.

Unless you, as Scum, want to keep up the facade of being Neighbors, which makes you look like unconfirmed PRs instead of Scum.

2) Are there any other posts in there? If yes or no, why? Surely if you're Neighbors there should have been at least one more post made.

The facade would quickly crumble if either of us flipped and wasn't revealed to be a neighbor. It seems like that would be a very suboptimal strategy.

1) It's a private thread.
2) Yes, the moderator himself posted in there.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:18 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 278, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 268, Wake1 wrote:
In post 266, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Because I think you're scum.

OK.

WHY?

Because you're clearly not reading the game and even if you are reading the game, you're not processing the information. Scum would do this. Town would not.

Being busy and only having a bit of time to play the game does
not
make you Scum.

In the past I replaced out of a lot of games because of being extremely busy, yet as those completed games show I wasn't Scum for doing so.

In post 279, Anatole Kuragin wrote:if you were a townie you would
READ THE GAME

holy jesus how are you even seriously defending that stance

In post 280, Anatole Kuragin wrote:You deserve to be discredited a million times over by every mafia player in this universe and any other possible hypothetical universes.

In post 281, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 277, Wake1 wrote:

Like, please, answer my question you are quoting. I would love to hear what psychic power you hold that allows you to judge players when you aren't even reading their posts.

In post 282, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I came into this game trying to fucking defend you and you are seriously proving everyone right with this shit.

I think you should calm down, Anatole.

You're being combative and obstructionist, while trying to get me to stop asking questions... while trying so hard to discredit me every chance you get.

If something doesn't make sense, as Town you're supposed to keep asking question to get feedback, to gauge those reactions. I don't think it's very Townish to blatantly try to discredit other players. That's what Scum does. Doesn't mean you can't disagree and respectfully show why, but you're going out of your way like a scummy defense attorney to try and discredit me utterly, and you shouldn't be doing that as a member of Town. Talk instead of blocking. Engage; don't obfuscate or try to shut down discussion.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:21 am

I don't think it's very townish to not read the game

I don't think it's very townish to call a player scum if you haven't read their posts

I don't think it's very townish to ask a player for something that shows you were playing foolishly then not even read their response
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:21 am

Maybe instead of posting a ton of shitposts and garbage you could spend your valuable time actually reading the game you fucking signed up for?
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:22 am

And you still haven't answered my original question about how you are able to arrive at reads without reading the game. Why are you trying to obfuscate?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:22 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 283, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 276, Wake1 wrote:

The facade would quickly crumble if either of us flipped and wasn't revealed to be a neighbor.
It seems like that would be a very suboptimal strategy.

1) It's a private thread.
2) Yes, the moderator himself posted in there.

There. THAT HELPS ME UNDERSTAND.

I forgot that Neighbors typically have "/Neighbor" in their role title. I've hosted 5+ games offsite using Neighborhoods, but I didn't require that bit in their titles. Thank you. If either of you flip without "/Neighbor" in your titles, the other gets hyperlynched.

Okay, so it's a PT. Are you allowed to quote what DP said in there? You should be able to, since other posts have been quoted.

...let us not forget that Mafia can also be Neighbors. Just keep it in mind, please.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:23 am

In post 284, Wake1 wrote:
not
make you Scum.

Correct. Want you to pay attention to what I say now. Read it slowly and read it carefully.

Not reading posts makes you scummy. You have spent a lot of time (that apparently you don't have) with this back and forth nonsense over the neighbourhood issue. You could (read:should) have spent this time actually reading the game and digesting the information.

You're scum because you're not reading the game. Not because you don't have time.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:28 am

i'm not voting wake at this moment solely because I am too frustrated to determine if it would be a policy lynch or not

I am leaning not
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:30 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 285, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I don't think it's very townish to not read the game

I don't think it's very townish to call a player scum if you haven't read their posts

I don't think it's very townish to ask a player for something that shows you were playing foolishly then not even read their response

People get really busy, especially when they're working 80+ hours a week. That's not alignment indicative.

I have been reading posts. Doesn't mean I'm perfect, and that I can't make mistakes.

Explain the third, please. I know it's loaded as hell but I'd hear you elaborate on it further none-the-less.

In post 286, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Maybe instead of posting a ton of shitposts and garbage you could spend your valuable time actually reading the game you fucking signed up for?

Loaded. I'm dismissing this toxic one. If you want a serious answer ask it respectfully, please.

In post 287, Anatole Kuragin wrote:And you still haven't answered my original question about how you are able to arrive at reads without reading the game. Why are you trying to obfuscate?

Apparently I have been reading the thread. If I hadn't I wouldn't have made my large analyses, and other posts regarding questionable events in this game. You're asking a loaded question, too.

You make it sound like I haven't even read the game thread because I misunderstood a post where you admitted you used poor syntax.

If anything is obfuscation, it's you lying about my posts, trying to discredit me, taking my actions out of context, and falsely stating that I haven't been reading this thread ergo I'm Scum. No. I work in health care. I deal with far messier issues than this nonsense. I'll dig through your crap like I dig through fecal impactions. All your writhing and deceit and defensiveness only stokes my curiosity and gets me wanting more questions. I am happy that I'm getting some feedback from you, and I hope Town is apt enough to sift through it mid to late game.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:34 am

You asked for evidence of you and BBT making reactionary posts - I made massive quote posts showing this and then you claimed you hadn't read this. That is what that "loaded question" is because you already admitted to having not read those posts.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:35 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 289, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 284, Wake1 wrote:
not
make you Scum.

Correct. Want you to pay attention to what I say now. Read it slowly and read it carefully.

Not reading posts makes you scummy. You have spent a lot of time (that apparently you don't have) with this back and forth nonsense over the neighbourhood issue. You could (read:should) have spent this time actually reading the game and digesting the information.

You're scum because you're not reading the game. Not because you don't have time.

Nope.

I have been reading posts. That I haven't read them all doesn't make me Scum at all.

Right now I have time before work, and I have no problem asking questions about the earlier game posts revolving around the Neighborhood issue. I think it's ridiculous that you think because I haven't read a few posts that I haven't been reading posts, and then say I'm Scum. That's nonsense.

I have been reading the game. Missing a post here and there does not and never will mean that I'm not reading the game, so am Scum. Your argument is completely insane. Do you work? Do you have priorities and responsibilities to take care of instead of wasting hours of your life playing the game?

Me not having time to read every post in the game doesn't make me Scum. That's crap and I'd blacklist anyone who champions that sort of insanity, to be frank.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:38 am

Post by Csareo »

Okay, let's get back on track.
Wake88 appears to be right, there is little chance that a "pre game" chat, would also allow the ability to post from it (Isn't that mod kill worthy?).
Why come out as neighbors right away?
Isn't that something scum would do to protect each other?
I thought this was a normal game?

Doctor Pepper's response made it ever worst. I was thinking about voting BBT, but he's kind of high on the VC, so I'm leaving it on TTT for now.
Always need fresh blood
http://www.edeb8.com/
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:38 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 292, Anatole Kuragin wrote:You asked for evidence of you and BBT making reactionary posts - I made massive quote posts showing this and then you claimed you hadn't read this. That is what that "loaded question" is because you already admitted to having not read those posts.

4 quotes in a post isn't massive.

Misreading your post because of its poor syntax doesn;t make me Scum or a bad player.

Post clearly and maybe we won't have this problem in the future. I'm not saying that to be rude. You're basically expecting me to not misunderstand your poorly-constructed posts when I'm playing the game on very limited time.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:39 am

Post by Csareo »

Missing details is NOT a scum tell. If anything it is a town tell.
Always need fresh blood
http://www.edeb8.com/
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:39 am

VOTE: wake

Literally nobody is saying you are scum JUST for not reading "every post" you are scum for a myriad of reasons now, but the one you are TRYING to refute is that you are making cases on people and actively posting while not reading your target's posts and complaining about not having time to read every post. As if posting these braindead cases does not require any time at all.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:39 am

How do you 'miss a few posts'? When you've finished reading the game and you go to work or whatever, do you not come back to the post where you finished reading and start from there? That would make sense, right?

I don't understand how you can miss a few posts.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:39 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Spoiler: The Ruffling post 191
In post 191, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 29, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Very interesting. You knew I suspected you right? That's why you've come out all guns blazing on me. Opening vote? It's RVS, is there a reason you're so paranoid?

I believe TTH slipped to me in the neighbour thread. It looked like she was replying to somebody else with the way she started her message. I think she knows she slipped and is trying to get me out of the way.

Also, my RVS vote is now a serious vote.

BBT clearly cites a reason for his distrust of TTH prior to the game opening. BBT's vote on TTH can not be considered a rvs vote. The characterization of TTH being paranoid is libelous.

In post 32, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:The more I read her message, the more I think it actually might not be a slip.

I still don't understand her coming for me straight away and letting everyone know there is a neighbourhood. That's just anti-town at best and scummy at worst.

BBT backpedals on the slip and pushes a different reason for TTH to be scum. He pushes this reason some more in as well as restating that his initial vote was rvs.

In , BBT shows the "slip" post by TTH. However, BBT is no longer convinced that this post is scummy. So why bring it up again? Well, he starts bringing up the this was a scum slip argument again. He then waffles back and forth between it being a slip and not being a slip.

VOTE: BlueBloodedToffee

I'm trying to reach the core of your issue with BBT's posting and I'm not sure what it is. That he changed his mind that it was a slip? How does it follow that BBT is scum from that?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”