Gemini Blind
Townie
Gemini Blind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:19 pm

Post by Gemini Blind »

UNVOTE:
I actually agree that Aronis isn't a great place for a vote right now. Unfortunately I haven't had time to discuss this game with my bro in a while. So I'm taking the wheel right now!

I don't like Salamance's ISO. It doesn't look to me like (it?)'s doing a lot of scum hunting, more only trying to defend (it?)self.
I could get behind a Salamance lynch but right now voting that way doesn't seem quite so useful since there's still time in the day and Salamance is on V/LA pretty much until deadline IIRC.

Arg after sifting through some ISOs and trying to figure things out I'm now more confused.

VOTE: Salamance
-JR
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:55 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

hey guys I will comment on stuff tomorrow--looks like there have been some cases so yay!

also wish me luck because I have my first job interview tomorrow.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:51 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Salamence

Good luck Toasty! Let us know how it goes!
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:53 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

UNVOTE: Elyse
VOTE: Salamence20

We need a consensus here, and my suspicions of Salamence20 didn't go completely away.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:25 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 381, Gemini Blind wrote:Iecerint (I'll try to spell your name correctly from here on out) was a townread for me mostly for (if I remember correctly).

Not sure what in his ISO makes it the worst, the latter posts lack the meat found in the earlier ones, but I think that's true across the board. In fact I don't really seen anything specific, just a general "I hate his ISO" from Nachomamma.

Aronis jumping on PeregrineV and then jumping off to wait for CTD to post doesn't make me particularly happy.

I'm not attached to our PeregrineV vote so I suppose VOTE: Aronis

I don't really know why this game is hard to get movement; I can't really blame anyone for feeling that way because I feel it too.

~STD

This logic bothers me but I don't know why.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:31 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 405, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 397, Elyse wrote:I am willing to compromise on Iecerint, I suppose.

Nacho, I do agree that PerV's scum meta is to lay low, but I don't really think he's put himself out there as much as you say he is.

I do agree that he's put himself out less than he normally does as town.
But I can't help but think part of the reason he's doing so less than normal is because of the slow pace of the game.
Him not putting himself out to the degree I'd like is also the reason he's leaning town as opposed to reading town.

I would be a pretty happy camper if you voted Iec!

I didn't notice it until recently, but I've been playing a lot more large themes that seem to take off at a sprint, so there is always something going on. It's been a while since I've done a mini, and I'm liking the slower pace in terms of keeping up, but there is less activity to scrutinize, so am doing a little more wait and see until I have more info.

I suppose there is a reason you think Iec is scum....
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:43 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@CTD
- Finally!

@Xay-
:eek: - I'll have to click thorough the links to see if I agree with your assessment, but I think that's the most effort I've seen in my games with you. Preliminary, based only on cpaturing the ssense of my Elyse feelings,

Vote: Elyse

@Toasty
- Good luck. And keep posting.

Re:Sal wagon-
meh. Got 4 days, but can decide by Friday, since weekends I tend to be away from computer.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:53 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 414, Elyse wrote:Why are you voting me?

Why are you voting Peregrine?

In post 416, Xayzeck wrote:I'd be infinitely happier if you would substantiate your Elyse case

Because I think I asked you a really long time ago but you never replied.

I don't believe than a case on Elyse town is beneficial to gamestate which is why I'm not providing it. You can probably piece together that my case is based more on townvibes instead of a strong townread which is why I've said that I'm uncomfortable defending it.

In post 418, Elyse wrote:I don't like this post by Iecerint.

Where did this come up? Why is there scum motivation to it?

In post 430, PeregrineV wrote:I suppose there is a reason you think Iec is scum....

Yes, I provided a case on him a page back or so.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:54 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Iecerint »

I didn't see that before.

I don't really understand what you find objectionable about the daykill stuff. I basically said that it was probably a fake daykill, but Juls was scum if it somehow wasn't a fake daykill. It was reasonable to point that out when I did because I would be dead in the unlikely event that it was a real daykill.

WP's one post was really bad while being a reach for a content-y vote (a compound scumpost) and nothing else in the game grabbed me enough to make me change my vote. I haven't really encouraged others to vote for him because he only had 1 post and I don't see it productive to keep others who aren't on-board from using their votes in productive ways that might help me notice other things about the game.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:13 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 434, Iecerint wrote:I basically said that it was probably a fake daykill, but Juls was scum if it somehow wasn't a fake daykill.

It was the "why" that bothered me.

Do you mind using your vote in a more productive way? The tone of the game has changed pretty harshly from "sitting on our asses as we form reads at a glacial pace" to "lynching" and I'm sure there's someone that you find at least a bit scummy (Elyse?).

Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:24 am

Post by Dry-fit »

@PV: So the salamence wagon is meh but you vote Elyse without even knowing what the case is? Xayzeck may be town but he's in major tunnel mode this game so it's hard for me to take his case all that seriously.

Good luck Toasty!
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:30 am

Post by Iecerint »

The why is that town Juls would never daykill me on page 1 because she is not an idiot. It's not rocket science.

What makes you think I find Elyse scummy? I actually found Elyse town prior to her fingering me, and I don't think (???) I've commented on any changed opinion in that regard. Also, I suspect the difference since that point is mostly related to her fingering me.

Toasty has done nothing to change my opinion about his slot and is not a non-player, so I see no reason to change my vote.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:36 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 437, Iecerint wrote:The why is that town Juls would never daykill me on page 1 because she is not an idiot. It's not rocket science.

This is what would make sense and sounds much more honest than what you said at first.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:36 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 437, Iecerint wrote:Toasty has done nothing to change my opinion about his slot and is not a non-player, so I see no reason to change my vote.

You don't think the game has been stagnating lately?

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:04 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Looking for a replacement for Sal. Good luck, Toasty! Let's see if the stars show you promise...

Aries' Daily Horoscope:
Weariness may have you feeling a bit listless today, Aries, and you're likely to want to stay home in bed rather than go anywhere. This goes against your normal inclination, so you could be tempted to bite the bullet and get out in spite of your malaise. Don't fall into this trap. Get some rest so that when you absolutely have to go out, you'll be your old self again.

Vote Count 1 - 13

• Salamence20 (5) (♌ Dry-fit - ♈ ToastyToast - ♊ Gemini Blind - ♓ Nachomamma8 - ♑ StrangerCoug)

PeregrineV (2) (♎ Salamence20 - ♉ Elyse)
    Elyse (2) (
    ♑ StrangerCoug
    - ♐ Xayzeck - ♒ PeregrineV)
    Aronis (1) (♏ CrashTextDummie -
    ♊ Gemini Blind
    )
    ToastyToast (1) (♍ Iecerint)
    Dry-fit (0) (
    ♒ PeregrineV
    )

Iecerint (0) (
    ♓ Nachomamma8
    )

Not Voting (1) (♋ Aronis)

With twelve alive, it takes seven to lynch.
Current Deadline:
(expired on 2014-09-13 15:35:00)
Last edited by RedCoyote on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:35 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 436, Dry-fit wrote:@PV: So the salamence wagon is meh but you vote Elyse without even knowing what the case is? Xayzeck may be town but he's in major tunnel mode this game so it's hard for me to take his case all that seriously.

Good luck Toasty!

In post 431, PeregrineV wrote:Preliminary, based only on capturing the essence of my Elyse feelings,
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:37 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Nacho
- I'll look at it when I'm not leaving.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 438, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 437, Iecerint wrote:The why is that town Juls would never daykill me on page 1 because she is not an idiot. It's not rocket science.

This is what would make sense and sounds much more honest than what you said at first.

No, it's the exact same thing as what I said at first. The only difference is that I additionally made an attempt to justify the corollary (i.e., "why would scumJuls do something so saliently scummy").
In post 439, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 437, Iecerint wrote:Toasty has done nothing to change my opinion about his slot and is not a non-player, so I see no reason to change my vote.

You don't think the game has been stagnating lately?

That is neither here nor there?

Come vote for Toasty with me if you want.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Only had time to skim, so the inspirational stuff will have to wait a little longer.

Dislike the Salamance wagon, I think he looks pretty decent here. The shepherd looks worse to me than the sheep here. I can see pro-town intent in trying to form a substantial wagon, but think Dry-Fit in particular is over-reaching in his suspicion of Sal.

Don't know how the Juls slot has managed to gather town reads. She seemed super passive to me (while lacking the up-frontness of other offenders like Elyse) and I particularly disliked the weak language when discussing the speed of the Salamance wagon. Aronis' play hasn't done much for me either. His read list coupled with his expressed lack of confidence rubs me the wrong way: Why bother compiling a list of everyone if you don't actually have reads to warrant making a list? And this might be a subjective tell, but the fancy formatting of the list screams "look at me, so super-town" to me. Total overkill for such a weak piece of contribution.

I agree with whomever said that Iecerint and at first glance I don't like him much. Gemini has also made small pings on the scumdar. I don't think it's time for compromise lynches yet, but if it comes to it, those are the options as I currently see them.

confirm vote
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Gemini Blind
Gemini Blind
Townie
Gemini Blind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:59 pm

Post by Gemini Blind »

Cool, CTD seems town so far. I would love to see what you you think beyond skimming the thread too.

But he hasn't answered the all important question:

In post 354, Gemini Blind wrote:CTD! Are you a Virgo?

~STD

-Jelly
Gemini Blind
Gemini Blind
Townie
Gemini Blind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:47 pm

Post by Gemini Blind »

I'm kind of half paying attention to this game (I suppose it helps to have a buddy).

It doesn't help when your other head votes for a townread. Grumble grumble. I'm not super confident on that townread, but here's what I think:

Salamence plays extremely brash, so his "I'm the paragon that got us out of the RVS" and "I understand the votes = I support his lynch" are both paraphrased statements I disagree with but they aren't really pinging my scumdar.

On that note:

Dry-fit (or really any pro-Salamence):

In post 422, Dry-fit wrote:
Really I don't know why Sal isn't the lead wagon at this point. Nothing he's done looks townie and he's done several scummy things.

Forgive my laziness, but are they enumerated anywhere?

And...if there's no better targets, Jelly has my blessing to put this back, hell I'd probably do it if we get close enough to the deadline, but for now...

VOTE: Unvote

----

Nacho:

In post 393, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 381, Gemini Blind wrote:Aronis jumping on PeregrineV and then jumping off to wait for CTD to post doesn't make me particularly happy.

Why not?

Why bother unvoting or voting in the first place? If PeregrineV is one of your only scum reads it seems weird to vote for a few seconds and walk away.

I also said not happy, I didn't say it screamed scum.

You're also the loudest player (not that it's bad or anything, it's just a fact) so even you getting on your soapbox denouncing the PerigrineV wagon could be more influential than you give it credit for.

As far as I think it's the thought process, declaring someone as town, rationalizing the dayvig, making a comment and then changing his mind. As the game progresses I do see less and less of this from Iecerint.

I think the conclusion he draws about Juls is wrong but I don't think it's a particularly poor train of thought.

I think has a lot of speculation, which is fine, but I don't reach the same conclusions you do.

Do you typically railroad people?

----

CTD:
Personally I'm with you on Juls. Nothing screams that she's town, she doesn't have a lot of posts to her name. While I'm not convinced the slot is scum, I could certainly see it.

In post 444, CrashTextDummie wrote:
confirm vote

Not sure this is helpful. You're deadset on Aronis?

also, re: burn

In post 92, burn_209 wrote:Juls plan is just too chaotic, rushed, and hectic for my liking. Literally nothing about it is pro-town. So trying to control the vig shot, which we just said scum would want to do, and her anti-town resolution to her scenario makes me

VOTE: Juls

inb4OMGUS

I balked at burn since the way I had originally read his post when I voted him made him look a lot worse. This vote gives me pause. The thought process just seems forced. The wording on the first sentence seems off and regardless of my opinion on Juls, I'm assuming the plan was progress motivated and opinion driven; I can't see scum coming into this thinking "oh! dayvig! let's see if we can control it!"

----

Re: Elyse

I think Elyse is town because I'm having a hard time developing scumreads too. Some games are a little easier to pin people. There's been a lot of discourse on dayvig theory that although heated I'm not sure at this point is entirely alignment relevant. I feel scum are typically eager. I'm not saying scum could go out there and openly profess no reads, but my gut says town.

----

I'll try to follow up with a vote tomorrow. Gah. I hate not voting for anyone.

~STD
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:10 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 445, Gemini Blind wrote:But he hasn't answered the all important question:

In post 354, Gemini Blind wrote:CTD! Are you a Virgo?

~STD

-Jelly

Just FYI, that is the Scorpio slot and CTD is one as burn was. I will inform the thread if I have to break the theme and I will also change the icons in front of the person's name as appropriate.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:40 am

Post by Xayzeck »

@mod: PV is voting Elyse

prod dodgey, will catch up fully tomorrow
GMT+8
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:40 am

Post by Elyse »

Sorry I've been busy and will post content hopefully tonight.

LOL at Xay correcting a vote on me in the VC though.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”