Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by Adel »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
theopor_COD wrote:Adel mine is a real vote, I have no intention of moving it yet.
Likewise, I will keep mine where it is for now.
Thanks for the clarification. Good information to have, I am glad I posted the picture.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:41 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Adel for some reason I cannot view the pic in 93, any reason why or anyway I can view it? Cheers.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by Adel »

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7097 ... otefe2.png is the url. Try to cut and paste it into your address bar. Everyone else seems to be able to see it so far. My guess would be a problem with your browser if the manual way doesn't work.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

lol I hold the most important place in the picture. I'm the boss player in the game!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Aha it's due to restrictions on my work computer with regards certain sites - they're damn fussy about that (surprised I can access mafiascum in all honesty), I'll have to view it at home, thanks again.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:29 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Lol, imagine every mod would keep track of votecounts this way. But nice pic, Adel.
Vote: Sir Tornado
. Just so that at least something happens.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:40 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Adel (1) -- Albert B. Rampage
bird1111 (1) -- A Papaya
Ripley (2) -- Sir Tornado, Lowell
Lowell (1) -- Ripley
ryan (1) -- theopor_COD
A Papaya (2) -- ryan, Adel
Sir Tornado (1) -- Lawrencelot

Not Voting: bird1111, Aimee
11 alive, 6 to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:23 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote Sir Tornado

My day 1 policy, vote for whoever has gone the longest w/o posting. Tornado, post and my vote leaves.

FOS A Papaya
... were my policy to vote for the person with the least CONTENT, this would be a vote.

Seriously, this is how I'm going to play. We need to be able to draw connections on D1. I very firmly believe this is more essential than other games.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:07 am

Post by ryan »

Lowell: I think you are on to something about the least content and I guess with A Papaya promising content and than failing miserably I'm wondering if the scum is starting to shine through
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:00 am

Post by Lowell »

ryan wrote:Lowell: I think you are on to something about the least content and I guess with A Papaya promising content and than failing miserably I'm wondering if the scum is starting to shine through
I'm a lurky player generally (what with playing too many games at once and playing them all at work), but I've said why that just ISN'T going to fly in this game. I'm going to try my best to keep this moving.

Basically, I want this game to be more turnbased than usual. Anyone who disappears is a HUGE question mark to me.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:36 am

Post by Adel »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:lol I hold the most important place in the picture. I'm the boss player in the game!
Just for that, this weekend when I do an update you will be at the bottom, bottom.

Lowell: we are on the same page. That is a great metric to track. Are you willing to track people's time since last post and list them in order here periodically, say every three or four days? It would save several of us from having to do the same work, and quality assurance would not be a problem.
FoS: Sir Tornado
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:38 am

Adel wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:lol I hold the most important place in the picture. I'm the boss player in the game!
Just for that, this weekend when I do an update you will be at the bottom, bottom.
I dare you :wink:
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Ripley »

Adel wrote:I use a broad definition of OMGUS. Ripley voting Lowell immediately after Lowell voting Ripley counts as OMGUS in my book even though she gave a full accounting for why she was voting against him.
It doesn't matter much one way or the other, but since you've raised this I will tell you that there was no element of OMGUS in it at all. I explained my vote and there was no more to it than that. I can't recall form sure now, but I doubt that I was even conscious that Lowell was voting me. I don't notice random votes much unless there's something else about the post or vote to make it memorable in some way.

And I'm still suspicious of Lowell. He seems to intend to be a major force in this game, but I'm yet to be convinced that he's a force for good. This "vote for whoever has gone longest without posting" policy might get people to post but it won't necessarily get them to post anything useful. Meanwhile Lowell's vote is automated, so he is accountable for nothing, and need never justify his vote, which is a mighty useful device for a scum, say, who wanted to avoid people deriving info from his voting should he get lynched.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:46 am

Post by Adel »

Ripley: I pointed out that you explained your vote. Personally, I buy the reasons you gave, but that was a judgment call. I want my graphics to be as objective and useful as possible, so I'm using a strict definition for what an OMGUS vote is.
I totally disagree with you on Lowell though. We need
informative
content posted from all players. The only way to motivate (bully) people into posting more is to create a real danger of a lynch (but not a quick lynch!) for the least active players. The more information we have posted by each player, the easier we can separate actual scum-tells from sloppy play and poor writing.
If the content of Lowell's posting only consists of playing an automated vote, call that a scum tell. For purposes of vote analysis maybe look at his FoS instead of his vote. My vote, as I said before, is also automated. I know that my last FoS was a mirror of Lowell's automated vote, so I'll make sure my next FoS is based upon something more insightful that lack of posting.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:48 am

Post by ryan »

In the games I've played I am surprised at the people who suddenly start posting when they get a few votes placed on them
A Papaya
A Papaya
Townie
A Papaya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by A Papaya »

Ok, ok, I'm here.

On the chart: At this point in the game, I don't think we can get much information out of it.

I failed miserably at content because I really didn't see anything worth commenting on. I still don't...I will when we get to the intelligent stage of the game.

In other news,
Unvote
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Ok. Ryan i'm still wary of, but that last post worries me a lot more.

vote Papaya

There's plenty to comment on and when does the intelligent stage begin for you? If you can't think of anything to comment on what do you briefly think of everyone's input, content wise, aggression etc?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:53 pm

I don't really like how A Papaya is playing. I think players should be punished not for lack of posts, but lurking. I would like to see how the Lowell/ryan relationship plays out, and I'm curious and on my guards from Lawrencelot. Adel is definitely doing good things for the town, and I have a neutral standpoint towards COD. No opinion on Aimee et al yet.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:51 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Look A Papaya, make something like this post above ^. That's posting content. If you don't make that kinds of posts, that's not suspicious, but if you don't post content while they ask you, it is.

For now, I'll believe Papaya really didn't know what to post, so maybe we'll have to ask them something more detailed: A papaya, just make a post in which you give your opinion on different players, not necessarily all of them. While you do that, you might have to reread a bit of the thread.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:02 am

Post by ryan »

A Papaya wrote:Ok, ok, I'm here.

On the chart: At this point in the game, I don't think we can get much information out of it.

I failed miserably at content because I really didn't see anything worth commenting on. I still don't...I will when we get to the intelligent stage of the game.

In other news,
Unvote
A Papaya wrote:I'm here, but I've been very busy. I'm going to be busy today too, but I'll read this thread and post sometime tomorrow or saturday.

Sorry, you know. It's just life.

These two posts are the ones that concern me, and although it’s been brought up that he could be just a newbie town, he hasn’t contributed to us finding the mafia and has now muddied up the thread with posts about him and how he should post better content, with that being said though it wouldn’t surprise me if he was lurking intentionally. I’m going to keep my vote on him for now in hopes of some better content
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:56 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote Sir Tornado

My day 1 policy, vote for whoever has gone the longest w/o posting. Tornado, post and my vote leaves.

FOS A Papaya
... were my policy to vote for the person with the least CONTENT, this would be a vote.

Seriously, this is how I'm going to play. We need to be able to draw connections on D1. I very firmly believe this is more essential than other games.
*sigh* Look at my signature... I was out of town from 3rd till 6th. Just back actually, and I can't post anything today till I set everything in the house in order.

Unvote
because my vote was a random vote.

FOS A Papaya
for
still
not posting anything at all (it has been 4 days since you said you would post something)

I am not voting anyone right now, though a couple of more days of inactivity from A. Papaya and my FOS on him would change into a vote.
I'm back!
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:25 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Unvote: Sir Tornado
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:39 am

Post by Lowell »

Adel wrote: If the content of Lowell's posting only consists of playing an automated vote, call that a scum tell. For purposes of vote analysis maybe look at his FoS instead of his vote. My vote, as I said before, is also automated. I know that my last FoS was a mirror of Lowell's automated vote, so I'll make sure my next FoS is based upon something more insightful that lack of posting.
Call it what you want. The point is, we need players to post. And for now, I don't even really care if those posts are mostly placeholders. People who continue to post placeholders and say nothing will get attacked on those grounds anyway (see: a papaya). In a game like this, I'm more concerned with players who disappear altogether.

Again I say: anyone who thinks lurking doesn't work as a scum tactic is kidding her/himself. It always works. Always has, always will.

But not this time. Vote stands.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:47 am

Post by bird1111 »

The problem with lurkerhunting is it is often a useful distraction for the scum to use. Usually if a scum is lurking, they are only posting enough to avoid lurkerhunters and prods.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:59 am

Post by Lowell »

Which is fine by me.

It is MUCH harder to hide with posts like "Here I am, nothing to add, gotta go to work" than it is by disappearing altogether. Out of sight, out of mind.

I don't expect everyone to just pile on lurkers cuz I say so. I DO, however, expect that in the long run it will be useful to have someone who does so.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”