Mini Normal 1609: The Case Of Doctor Pepper (Game Over)

Rambler
Rambler
Townie
Rambler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:54 am

Post by Rambler »

Not the greatest sample size then, but noted.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:55 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 49, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 44, TellTaleHeart wrote:I'm unnerved by your tone, Anatole Kuragin.

“Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.”

You're trying to be cute and disarming.

It's having very much the opposite effect for me.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:56 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

“Stupidity is a talent for misconception.”
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:01 am

Post by massive »

*popcorn*

If nothing else, I'm excited now to see how divisive Wake88 is.

BBT
: Was there any chance that TTH was going to look at your "random" vote on page 1 and do anything other than assume it wasn't actually random? You seem surprised that she might be suspicious of you, and that she might out the neighborhood, but isn't RVSing her kinda asking for it?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:12 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 53, massive wrote:*popcorn*

If nothing else, I'm excited now to see how divisive Wake88 is.

BBT
: Was there any chance that TTH was going to look at your "random" vote on page 1 and do anything other than assume it wasn't actually random? You seem surprised that she might be suspicious of you, and that she might out the neighborhood, but isn't RVSing her kinda asking for it?

She may well have looked at it like that. If she was town, she probably doesn't though.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:13 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

I just walked you through it and there's no evidence you read it.

Ignorance is bliss?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:15 am

Questions for anyone:

What advantage do town gain by outing the neighbourhood on P1?

Why wouldn't TTH wait and try to develop her read on me if she was town as opposed to outing?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:17 am

In post 55, TellTaleHeart wrote:I just walked you through it and there's no evidence you read it.

Ignorance is bliss?

Are you talking about ? Pretty sure you can see I have read it.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:17 am

In post 56, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Questions for anyone:

What advantage do town gain by outing the neighbourhood on P1?

Why wouldn't TTH wait and try to develop her read on me if she was town as opposed to outing?

Are you guys sure you're the only members of the neighborhood?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:21 am

Post by Wake1 »

Well, that's odd. Someone I don't who doesn't know me says I'm a divisive player, while completely ignoring my posts. Unsure if that account is simply trolling. Do you reckon it's scummy for a slot to ignore your posts while trying to discredit you? That doesn't sound right.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:21 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 56, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:What advantage do town gain by outing the neighbourhood on P1?

To develop reads and force you to be accountable for your vote.

Now, since you like framing things in a leading way, What advantage do scum gain by outing the neighborhood on P1?
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:22 am

In post 59, Wake1 wrote:Well, that's odd. Someone I don't who doesn't know me says I'm a divisive player, while completely ignoring my posts. Unsure if that account is simply trolling. Do you reckon it's scummy for a slot to ignore your posts while trying to discredit you? That doesn't sound right.

Kinda dickish, but you do have a reputation. All I know is you're a good mod.

We should be focusing on the game at hand though, not meta/reputation/etc.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:25 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 59, Wake1 wrote:Well, that's odd. Someone I don't who doesn't know me says I'm a divisive player, while completely ignoring my posts. Unsure if that account is simply trolling. Do you reckon it's scummy for a slot to ignore your posts while trying to discredit you? That doesn't sound right.

I didn't discredit you and I'm quite serious. I don't think you're a bad player, you just seem to happen to be the subject of a lot of scrutiny.

Also, all your posts this game only contain questions specifically addressed to other players and a color coded playerlist, so I don't have anything to say about them yet.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:27 am

Yeah. Neighbour is singular in my role PM.

PEdit - @TTH - Well you certainly caught me off-guard by doing it. You've also managed to get 3 votes on me. That advantage enough?
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:28 am

UNVOTE: blue[/vote]
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:28 am

uhhh

UNVOTE: blue
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:28 am

Post doesn't make sense because of multiple ninja's.

First part was in response to AK's
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:30 am

It's pretty null - I could see either alignment outing the neighborhood for different reasons. Probably more useful for scum if they're going for a quick lynch on their neighbor.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 61, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
Kinda dickish, but you do have a reputation. All I know is you're a good mod.

Some of the reputation is deserved, and some of it isn't. Others know I've been victimized unfairly. Currently I'm creating a portfolio as proof of good Town play, to shut down getting WotC'd, and DoctorPepper knows this and has allowed me into his game. I hope to have quoted recommendations from other game mods, too, on whether, based on my play, they think I should be WotC'd/WotM'd. And I am a pretty good game mod, too. It's far less stressful than playing Mafia. :P :mrgreen:

Alright. I'm going to start going through and analyze some posts. I've been trying for some time to crystallize the one best method of playing that works best for me, and it's been eluding me to this point. Bear with me please as I shoot out some high-quality posts.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:17 am

Post by Wake1 »

Rambler I

(4) | (17) | (46) | (47) | (50)

What We Know

Rambler asks TTH in () about what specifically about the pre-game chat made her distrust BBT. Also mentions TTH's vote looks like an RVS in that same post. He completely ignored(?) my question to him in (). His () is worded a bit unclearly, so I don't want to misunderstand him there. He asks AK a fairly benign question about his experience of there typically being one Scum in each Neighborhood in ().

How I Currently Read This

To analyze, you've got to break things down piece by piece and examine them. When Rambler asks TTH about what in the chat made her distrust BBT, that action feels like something a Townie would do. It's also reasonable for him to have felt her post looked like an RVS in that post: I had the same initial feeling, because I've never heard of Neighbors having pre-game chat. In fact, every game I've played in that had Neighbors never let you talk until Daystart. Talking before the game starts does sound like something Scum would have, though. So him sharing that sentiment strikes a chord. What I really find odd and disconcerting is Rambler completely ignoring my question directed towards him in (). I never understood why there'd be presumably Town players who simply shrug off questions as if they're not even playing Mafia. If he's Town, he should engage instead of being a Dead Fish. Yeah, I'm coining that right here, right now. :D I don't fully understand his (), and would like it if he clarified that part. His last part about the Neighborhoods feels rather mild; it doesn't compel me either way to trust or distrust him.

Where The Player Stands

Overall,
[Slightly Town]
. Engage more, don't be a Dead Fish, and ask more questions, please.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Rambler
Rambler
Townie
Rambler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:38 am

Post by Rambler »

Wake, I did not 'ignore' your question. By the time I came back to the thread it was a pointless question to answer, as BBT already admitted he was a neighbour with TTH.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:44 am

Post by Wake1 »

Anatole Kuragin I

(33) | (37) | (39) | (41) | (42) | (48) | (49) | (52) | (58) | (61) | (64) | (65) | (67)

What We Know

We know that AK has discussed Neighborhoods, and that in his experience Neighborhoods (at least one?) have had one Scum. He does raise a point by asking if there's more than two members in the supposed Neighborhood that has pregame chat. Also voted and unvoted BBT. Finally, he mentions he could see either alignment outing their Neighborhood for different reasons. ...he then posits that it's probably more useful for scum if they're going for a quick lynch on their neighbor.

Not much has been said here. I do like his inquiry on how many Neighbors there are. Unsure the gameplay philosophy on alignment and the outing of one's Neighborhood. More often in my experience it's been Town that does so. Not always, but usually. I think his mention of Scum doing so because it's useful for them is more wrong than right, because Scum probably doesn't want even more attention brought to them. Eh, I don't know. I do know there's not much here to extract and analyze, though.

Where The Player Stands

Overall,
[Null]
. What are your thoughts on the other players here? Who's standing out most to you? Do you suspect the dual Neighbor claims with pregame chat are legit?

Spoiler: Rambler I
In post 69, Wake1 wrote:
Rambler I

What We Know

Rambler asks TTH in () about what specifically about the pre-game chat made her distrust BBT. Also mentions TTH's vote looks like an RVS in that same post. He completely ignored(?) my question to him in (). His () is worded a bit unclearly, so I don't want to misunderstand him there. He asks AK a fairly benign question about his experience of there typically being one Scum in each Neighborhood in ().

To analyze, you've got to break things down piece by piece and examine them. When Rambler asks TTH about what in the chat made her distrust BBT, that action feels like something a Townie would do. It's also reasonable for him to have felt her post looked like an RVS in that post: I had the same initial feeling, because I've never heard of Neighbors having pre-game chat. In fact, every game I've played in that had Neighbors never let you talk until Daystart. Talking before the game starts does sound like something Scum would have, though. So him sharing that sentiment strikes a chord. What I really find odd and disconcerting is Rambler completely ignoring my question directed towards him in (). I never understood why there'd be presumably Town players who simply shrug off questions as if they're not even playing Mafia. If he's Town, he should engage instead of being a Dead Fish. Yeah, I'm coining that right here, right now. :D I don't fully understand his (), and would like it if he clarified that part. His last part about the Neighborhoods feels rather mild; it doesn't compel me either way to trust or distrust him.

Where The Player Stands

Overall,
[Slightly Town]
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:55 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 70, Rambler wrote:Wake, I did not 'ignore' your question. By the time I came back to the thread it was a pointless question to answer, as BBT already admitted he was a neighbour with TTH.

If I ask you a question, and then you pass it by and talk with others, without giving me any inclination that you acknowledge you've been asked a question, then how would I not be justified to think you're ignoring me? If you think it's already been answered, and you don't want to look like you're hiding, say something, please. Also... I asked you directly if you believed TTH's claim. DoctorPepper has made no clarification on whether or not this game has a Daystart, nor has he mentioned whether Scum has Daytalk, or if there's 2 or 3 members of Scum. That BBT says he's a Neighbor doesn't answer my question as to whether or not you actually believe TTH's Neighbor claim.

Would I be wrong to assume that you do believe her, and BBT, and that they really are both Neighbors with pregame chat?

Spoiler: Rambler
In post 69, Wake1 wrote:
Rambler I

What We Know

Where The Player Stands

Overall,
[Slightly Town]
Spoiler: Anatole Kuragin
In post 71, Wake1 wrote:
Anatole Kuragin I

(33) | (37) | (39) | (41) | (42) | (48) | (49) | (52) | (58) | (61) | (64) | (65) | (67)

What We Know

We know that AK has discussed Neighborhoods, and that in his experience Neighborhoods (at least one?) have had one Scum. He does raise a point by asking if there's more than two members in the supposed Neighborhood that has pregame chat. Also voted and unvoted BBT. Finally, he mentions he could see either alignment outing their Neighborhood for different reasons. ...he then posits that it's probably more useful for scum if they're going for a quick lynch on their neighbor.

Not much has been said here. I do like his inquiry on how many Neighbors there are. Unsure the gameplay philosophy on alignment and the outing of one's Neighborhood. More often in my experience it's been Town that does so. Not always, but usually. I think his mention of Scum doing so because it's useful for them is more wrong than right, because Scum probably doesn't want even more attention brought to them. Eh, I don't know. I do know there's not much here to extract and analyze, though.

Where The Player Stands

Overall,
[Null]
. What are your thoughts on the other players here? Who's standing out most to you? Do you suspect the dual Neighbor claims with pregame chat are legit?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:23 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 39, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Having at least one scum in a neighborhood has been the situation in every single game I have played with neighbors.

Interesting! What games have you played with neighbors in them?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Wake1 »

BlueBloodedToffee I

(8) | (29) | (32) | (36) | (45) | (54) | (56) | (57) | (63) | (66)

What We Know

Out of the gates he votes TTH in (). Tangles with TTH in (). Whether that's genuine or not is yet to be determined. He says he thinks TTH slipped in their supposed Neighborhood during pregame chat. Everyone should note he says his vote is serious: I'm currently waiting to see if he'll unvote and "forget" the matter. And in () he starts to recant, saying it might not have been a slip. Also states he doesn't understand her coming for him straight away and letting everyone know there is a neighborhood. Declares that's just anti-town at best and scummy at worst. In () he says TTH could have waited and tried to work out his alignment throughout D1 instead of just giving away there was a neighbourhood in the game. He then says as town he would have expected her to do this, as scum, and that he thinks she knew he was suspicious of her, ergo this supposed attack. "I should have seen that coming really."

Apparently I was part of the supposed pregame discussion. BBT mentions in () this exchange from the Neighborhood:

BBT:
'Hey TTH, any ideas of how you want to start the day', to which you replied
TTH:
'None'
TTH:
'I haven't played with him before...'

That does sound odd.

In () he asks two questions aimed at everyone. () has him clarifying that there's only two members of that Neighborhood.

So, let's lynch one of these two. If one flips Town, hyperlynch the other.

I don't know what to make of this situation here. BBT and TTH are supposedly Neighbors, and have pregame talk. I've never heard of Neighbors having that. Ever. This could jst be a really risky gambit by Scum. They could both be Scum with Daytalk, and have concocted an elaborate hoax. He hasn't unvoted yet, but I'm watching to see if he changes his vote and lets this flow down the river. Some aspects of his posts just feel... fake. Hollow. As if added unnecessarily.

29) "It's RVS, is there a reason you're so paranoid?"
45) "I should have seen that coming really."
63) "That advantage enough?"

Not sure if that's personality, or Scum trying too hard to sound convincing.

As it is right now, I want to lynch either BBT or TTH. When there's all this talk about a supposed Neighborhood with pregame chat, and there's an apparent slip, and both Neighbors are fighting and calling each other Scum, it gets me thinking one of them might be Scum.

Where The Player Stands

Overall,
[Slightly Scum]
. This issue between you and TTH needs to be sorted out.

Spoiler: Rambler
In post 69, Wake1 wrote:
Rambler I

What We Know

Where The Player Stands

Overall,
[Slightly Town]
Spoiler: Anatole Kuragin
In post 71, Wake1 wrote:
Anatole Kuragin I

What We Know

Where The Player Stands

Overall,
[Null]
— House*
— Nosferatu*

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”