Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:48 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Talitha wrote:Desperately looking for someone easy to lynch, or desperately trying to get a stagnant game moving? Playing up to the rest of the town, or trying to encourage others to speak?

And I think it is a case of the pot calling the kettle "black". You seem to be looking for an easy lynch by lazily jumping on a bandwagon and not considering the context of my singular "scummy" post.
rofl. i find it even MORE hilarious that, despite me being the only 1 of 4 people, to say that the vote was only temporary, until i could reread, i seem to be the one taking all the crap.
Pooky, is there any reason for your vote, other than total randomness?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:04 am

Post by Phoebus »

Vote count:

2 Battle Mage (Pooky, Talitha)
1 JordanA24 (Skruffs)
4 Talitha (Battle Mage, Fielding Melish, JordanA24, theopor_COD)

6 not voting

7 to lynch.
Jingolaw
Jingolaw
Townie
Jingolaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:39 pm

Post by Jingolaw »

Despite having pointed out the original behavior as questionable, I think the wagon now rushing Talitha is a bit premature at best, scummy at worst. Probative? Fine, but I’m going to want some pretty good rationale for any more votes. I think Tali’s frustration was justified, and I pointed it out mostly to head off the “hey, we’re all bored and frustrated so let’s lynch someone…anyone!” sentiment, which I thought was a real possibility.

I’d say my fears were realized, because I think Fircoal’s last few votes were a bit scummy, but this sense is mitigated by the fact that I’m not even certain that Fircoal was scum! I mean, really, “Sorcerer”? I completely understand that word’s association with dark arts, thus scummy, but I also see it associated with magic, hence “seer.” I would also be disappointed to think that the wolves are not the only anti-town alignment and/or that we won’t know a wolf when we get one.

Oh, and funniest post of the game so far:
Pooky wrote:
vote battlemage

glory to the wife
:lol:
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by Miztef »

I also am frustated with the lack of knowledge as to fircoal's and other player's identities. Out of the 3, sorcerer would seem the most out of place, but this could mean a power role for all we know. Nothing about Fircoal's play really strikes me as condemning, and so I am on the fence as to whether he was town/scum.

We should treat this day as worst case scenario which means 4 or even 5 scum/antitown players are alive.

I don't think there is more then 1 anti-town group though, expect the possibilty of SK or even, pray to the lovin lord no, a cult leader. I'm inclined to believe twito was killed by a vigilate rather then an anti-town group though, because of the cause of death (shot).
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I firmly disagree Miztef, let's instead treat this as a best case scenario where 4/5 antitown roles are dead. Surely that will make us wildly optimistic and make the mood better? you wouldn't want to depress us would you?

And battlemage, it's unfortunate, but even the Grand Master of the Matarese Circle does not dare slight the Global Alliance of Housewives. Their penetration into all facets of life is complete, the geopolitical might unchallengeable, their military influence untouchable, their supreme control over many daily chores unmatched, their advances in the political arena unstoppable. Pause to consider for a second that the head of US Foreign Policy for 12 of the last 16 years has been female and that Germany(which we know is the cause of all world wars so far) has elected a female for their president. If the Krauts have caved, I don't see what chance we stand. France nearly had a female elected, and America seems likely to fall in 2008. Everyone knows that the starting point for the feminist conquest of the world was New Zealand, they've spread from there with such speed and ferocity that hasn't been matched by anything in HISTORY. Barely a mere century after they first secured voting rights they have forced their way into the highest offices of the most powerful countries in this world. Talitha happens to be from New Zealand and thus I would imagine to be a descendents of one of the top officers of the female insurrectionist movement that has been rapidly taking control of this world. Sometimes a man has to know when he's beat and take his hits. I think she won't cause you as much pain if you just give in to it. And on top of all this, I honestly can't do my own laundry.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:55 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I firmly disagree Miztef, let's instead treat this as a best case scenario where 4/5 antitown roles are dead. Surely that will make us wildly optimistic and make the mood better? you wouldn't want to depress us would you?

And battlemage, it's unfortunate, but even the Grand Master of the Matarese Circle does not dare slight the Global Alliance of Housewives. Their penetration into all facets of life is complete, the geopolitical might unchallengeable, their military influence untouchable, their supreme control over many daily chores unmatched, their advances in the political arena unstoppable. Pause to consider for a second that the head of US Foreign Policy for 12 of the last 16 years has been female and that Germany(which we know is the cause of all world wars so far) has elected a female for their president. If the Krauts have caved, I don't see what chance we stand. France nearly had a female elected, and America seems likely to fall in 2008. Everyone knows that the starting point for the feminist conquest of the world was New Zealand, they've spread from there with such speed and ferocity that hasn't been matched by anything in HISTORY. Barely a mere century after they first secured voting rights they have forced their way into the highest offices of the most powerful countries in this world. Talitha happens to be from New Zealand and thus I would imagine to be a descendents of one of the top officers of the female insurrectionist movement that has been rapidly taking control of this world. Sometimes a man has to know when he's beat and take his hits. I think she won't cause you as much pain if you just give in to it. And on top of all this, I honestly can't do my own laundry.
ImageImageImage

Pooky for Prime Minister. That way she'll get a servent to do her laundry for her.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:35 pm

Post by Talitha »

While I am enjoying this little tangent, I have yet to read over properly. :)

Oh btw, has everyone turned up to play today?
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:39 am

Post by Miztef »

you know, even though pooky's post is in good humor, I can't help but feel annoyed. Some players may firmly believe fircoal was scum, which I think we should not base any decisions on. That is what I meant by my statement.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:38 am

sorry miz

i really dont understand your post

could you elaborate please?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:49 am

Post by Miztef »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:sorry miz

i really dont understand your post

could you elaborate please?
Alright, I will.

We should treat this day as if every possible scum/antitown posistion is still alive. Even if you firmly believe fircoal or who ever else is dead is scum/antitown, we can't afford to rush into a decision with the idea that we have alot of lynches left. if there is 5 antitown players (I don't think there would be more then that, considering the hidden role upon death) then we could be at 8:4:1 (4 being the wolves, 1 being an anti-town of some sort) or maybe 8:3:2. if we mislynch today and 2 townies are NK, then we are at 5:4:1 or 5:3:2 tommorow (both are LYLO I believe).

In concludsion, because of the hidden roles, we need to be much more careful then usual, because we have less information then a normal game and we could be serverly close to losing at any time.

I hope that explains my reasoning well enough.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:51 am

Post by Skruffs »

Really sick this last weekend so didn't get to catch up.
Why the hell is Talitha at 4???
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:20 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Skruffs wrote:Really sick this last weekend so didn't get to catch up.
Why the hell is Talitha at 4???
Because of this:
Talitha wrote:I've changed my mind slightly - if we can't get replacements I'm all for lynching some dead weight for the sake of the fun of the game. At least Twito speaks occasionally. Any other suggestions? Any of the non-posters given us any cause for suspicion? Let's lynch a slacker, get this day over with, and move on to the blessed relief of Day 2.
OK, we're on Page 10 after 2 months, but still, we shouldn't be lynching people just because they're lurking, maybe a bit of pressure will wake them up, if not, they'll get replaced, or modkilled, we shouldn't be lynching lurkers IMO, they might be a doc or a cop.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Niempie
Niempie
Goon
Niempie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:20 am

Post by Niempie »

I understand the votes for Talitha because of her comment about lynching a lurker on day one. At this moment I think that it is one of the scummiest things in this game. But looking at day one, I can understand why Talitha said what she said at that time in this game.

I have re-read the tread and I must admit that the quote-thing between Pooky and ThAdmiral is very difficult to follow and has almost no contribution to this game.
[size=75]No one is listening until you make a mistake[/size]

V/LA from July, 19th until August, 3rd
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:33 am

Post by Skruffs »

Okay.. so why wasn't Talitha lynched day one, then?
That's why this wagon seemes oppurtunistic, to me.

I'm going to suggest that, based on what I see, (not killing n0, killing twito n1), that the shooter is probably a vig. If it turns out that they tried to kill n0, or if players who are more pro-town than twito get shot, i'll change my mind.

I don't understand the issue with hidden roles.
.... Does someone have a reason to think that there is more than meets the eyes regarding the dead players?

In one werewolf game, the sorceror is a form of doctor. In another, though, he's like a werewolf godfather. That's in a 5-player werewolf game, though.
Reference : http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/67050

There may have been more behind this post but I forget it now. Still sick and all that. ::P
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:15 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Unvote

My vote on Tally was just to get discussion moving which it did . . .

Fielding Melish any content yet?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:20 pm

Let's lynch battlemage on principle
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:51 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Let's lynch battlemage on principle
Hahaha lol... sorry I haven't been more active today so far guys... I just got a new summer job a few weeks ago and it has been enveloping much of my life I am going to do a reread later today and try to post something worthwhile.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

*nukes Pooky. :wink:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Jingolaw
Jingolaw
Townie
Jingolaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:07 am

Post by Jingolaw »

Skruffs wrote: I don't understand the issue with hidden roles.
.... Does someone have a reason to think that there is more than meets the eyes regarding the dead players?

In one werewolf game, the sorceror is a form of doctor. In another, though, he's like a werewolf godfather.
I think you’ve just answered your own question. Yes, there is some concern that we’re not sure who’s who. And yes, it’s because the role “Sorcerer” is somewhat ambiguous.

As Miztef has pointed out, it’s possible that we’re in bigger trouble than we suspect, with not one of the dead as yet turning up “werewolf” as we would have expected. And as I have pointed out, and you seemed to echo, there’s the possibility that “Sorcerer” = doctor/seer/detective, leading to even worse odds.

I’m eager to hear from Fielding Melish...or his replacement (hint, hint).
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:53 am

Post by Miztef »

I was re-examining the fircoal lynch, and I think we should look into N9V, Dragons of Summer and Battle Mage a bit more.

~N9V~
's hammer seems a fine pro-town hammer to me, we needed a lynch, he provided it. I would have liked a bit more reasoning behind it, but he was correct in choosing a lynch vs. no lynch.

Dragons of Summer:

DragonsofSummer wrote:Okay some thoughs on people with more than one vote on them.

Fircoal:

I find him to be the scummiest of the choices right now because he has shown a lack of concern for helping the town at all this game. Also because he feels all the justification that is needed for his vote on BM is:
Fircoal wrote:And Battlemage, I'm voting you because I like voting people named Battle Mage

I can see that as a joke at one point, but after being asked a few more times for reasons he still hasn't provided any.
I also really don't like this post:
Fircoal wrote:I think we should focus on another lurker without an excuse.

It reeks of oportunism to me.

So I will
Vote Fircoal
Good explaination behind his vote, but I'm concerned that if he is scum he can take advantage of no reveal deaths and get away with pushing a lynch and not looking bad in the aftermath.

BattleMage:
I do like battlemage as a player, and believe he is excellent as pro-town. However, that goes the same for being scum.
Battle Mage wrote:good point. his unwillingness to contribute to the game smells a bit odd. Must be scum :P
Vote: Fircoal
My gut says battlemage is protown, but this vote seems a bit overconfident.

God I wish I knew if fircoal was scum or town, but right now, I'm acting under the loose assumption he was town. I'm not saying any of these players should be lynched, but they were all on the fircoal lynch and thats makes me want to do some investigating into their motives. Any comments on these players?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:57 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Miztef wrote:
BattleMage:
believe he is excellent as pro-town.
You do know BM's got himself another new sig now :roll:

Anyways I think we should appply some more pressure to the Mage.

Vote Battle Mage
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:06 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Here's a little taste of BM so far - not by all means helpful, dontcha think Miztef?
Battle Mage wrote:Im leaning towards Fircoal being town
Battle Mage wrote:Fircoal must be either scum, or unco-operative town. Probably should be lynched either way
Battle Mage wrote:good point. his unwillingness to contribute to the game smells a bit odd. Must be scum :P
Vote: Fircoal
Battle Mage wrote:the fact that you have made absolutely no attempt to help catch scum in this game is peculiar. Even YOU are usually more pro-active than this. The only reason i can think of for you being so downright lazy, is that you dont really care who gets lynched, as long as it isnt your scumbuddies.
You look like scum to me.
Battle Mage wrote:I wouldnt say hes exactly scummy, but he needs to get his arse into gear. :roll:
Battle Mage wrote:i dont think lynching lurkers is a good idea.
Battle Mage wrote: im also pretty sure that Sorcerer is a scum role. if it was protown, it might have been Magician, or Wizard.
Sorceror has connotations of evil dontcha think?
BM
Battle Mage wrote:yes, i think a
Vote: Talitha
would be a good start. the post identified by Jordan does look scummy.
Yeh BM is much scummier than Talitha after comparing the two.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:19 pm

kill him now

save the cheerleader
save the world
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:15 am

Post by Miztef »

I think pooky is going a bit overboard with BattleMage, but theopor's info is a bit disconcerning, although it doesn't provide enough solid evidence that BM is scum for me to vote him. I'm happy putting out a
FOS: BM
though.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:31 am

Post by Skruffs »

Seriously, if you tell someone you are just voting them to put pressure on them, they know you aren't serious with it, and don't necessarily feel pressured. Be serious about your votes, or, if you aren't serious, at least ACT serious. Otherwise you are undermining your own intentions.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”