Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:19 am

Post by Aimee »

NabakovNabakov wrote: And CTD, I agree that you aren't technically bandwagoning on N-L because you were one of the first to vote for him, but as far as I can see, that vote was random. You have apparently decided that you just got lucky with your random vote and actually voted for someone you think is scum. All I want to know is why you chose not to remove your random vote (almost the same action as voting in my book)
Pretty much what I was wanting too. I like your wording, Nabakov.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:47 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

NabakovNabakov wrote:And CTD, I agree that you aren't technically bandwagoning on N-L because you were one of the first to vote for him, but as far as I can see, that vote was random. You have apparently decided that you just got lucky with your random vote and actually voted for someone you think is scum. All I want to know is why you chose not to remove your random vote (almost the same action as voting in my book)
I didn't random vote. It's not that hard of a concept to comprehend.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:02 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

^^^

Your post was post 20, N-L had made 3 posts before that. One random voted for me and said something possibly incriminating "No offense if yer a townie..." and the other two were dicussing A Papaya's name.

I've pretty much given up on defending Nekka and can understand if you feel he's scummy, but I have trouble believing that 20 posts into the game, you were positive as to who should be lynched. So no, I guess I'm not comprehending how it was an informed vote.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Clearly he felt that "no offense if yer a townie" line was enough to justify his early vote. Then as things proceeded, he decided his initial suspicion was justified. It's not a hard concept to understand. I do think it's interesting that you keep pestering him, Nabakov.

If N-L turns out to be innocent, then we may have something to look into with CTD... but there are others will have to be accountable for their actions. (myself included)
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:10 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

And if he turns up scum, then we have tolook at N-N for defending him.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:31 am

Post by Aimee »

I will be on holiday from Monday through to Sunday. No access at all. Mod, you know I will be back. Replacement not needed.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Aimee, you are keeping your vote on N9V while you are away? Why not vote N-L since you agree he is suspicious?

Nabakov defended N-L, but so did bobbyplump and Hjallti, so they can't all be guilty.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:40 am

Post by Aimee »

unvote

OTM, I would vote for N-L, put I am wary of putting him at -1, especially since I will be away and can't change my vote.

So I will leave my vote on no one for now. Although, N-L, I would be voting for you otherwise.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:52 pm

Post by Stewie »

Off the Mark wrote:Clearly he felt that "no offense if yer a townie" line was enough to justify his early vote. Then as things proceeded, he decided his initial suspicion was justified. It's not a hard concept to understand. I do think it's interesting that you keep pestering him, Nabakov.

If N-L turns out to be innocent, then we may have something to look into with CTD... but there are others will have to be accountable for their actions. (myself included)
FOS: Off the Mark

I think that in this situation it would have been better if you let CTD answer. He should be the one explaining how it was not random.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

OK. :roll: I felt his explanation was clear enough and was just spelling it out in more detail for Nabakov, but whatever.
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:01 pm

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

4 notes to make,

1. Sorry for inactivity

2. Why does everything I say supposedally lead away from the thread (post 197)

3. Post 204... Why did he post to make that clear, mabye he is scum, knows who is scum and if he (Nabovak) turns up scum... then I get looked at... (even more suspicion) (Also, it's N-L not N-N :P)

4. Post 206...... (double eliptified lol) Why should he vote for me instead of N9V just because you say I am scum... I have hard suspicions on Off the Mark... and if you DO lynch me and I turn up innocent... I want everyone to check him...

Ehh, there's that...
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:31 pm

Post by PJ. »

Please keep activity up, two member of our town will be inactivy. THS until the 10th and Aimee until the 10th as well I believe. Anyway, those of us that are here please keep activity up so I don't have to seek replacements.
Last edited by PJ. on Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:10 pm

Post by Hjallti »

At this point it seems the experienced player Off the Mark leads the discussion still in one direction N-L, a guy with strange behaviour that (in my opinion) could be interpreted both ways (newbie-tell or scum-tell). As a newbie I find it hard to decide which or to clear my mind to say something like 'it is impossible that a townie would say that'.

Therefor, for now, I keep with not voting.
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:10 am

Post by Off the Mark »

So we have 2 people gone all week? If they are both pro-town, and if scum simply doesn't vote for scum, (assuming there are 3 scum) that leaves the town with only 7 possible votes. So we'd need to be unanimous in order to lynch a scum. That makes things quite difficult.
Nekka-Lucifer wrote: and if you DO lynch me and I turn up innocent
You don't sound too sure about that.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:55 am

Post by Hjallti »

Looking back on everything so far with Nekka it's like his first reactions under pressure are very easy to be interpreted as being normal reactions of a newbie (pro-town or scum), but it is not rational that he keeps being nervous if he is town. Together with the strange reactions if he is townie, I'm convinced that he is scum.

vote: Nekka-Lucifer
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:28 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Hjall, I'm glad that you voted. I'm always suspicious of folks who hide in an "I'm not sure...so I'm not voting" stance.

However, it's quite odd that after defending N-L and saying you think he's town, you choose to vote for him.

Are you:

A) mafia jumping on the bandwagon to lynch,
B) mafia who was defending a family member, but now that it's clear they are going to be lynched, decides to join in
C) town just making an odd decision?

Two out of those three are bad, so
FoS: Hjallti

Speaking of not voting, I'll also
FoS: Aimee
for:

1) Hiding in a no vote
2) Posting on other threads in the first week, but not posting here
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:58 am

Post by Off the Mark »

bobbyplump's last post is quite interesting - it is actually pretty good analysis, but I am not sure if it is genuine or not. Given that post, it is hard to imagine that bobby and Hjallti are both scum. Possibilities:

A) Hjallti is town and bobby is scum and bobby is opportunistically using a change in heart by Hjallti to make him look suspicious.

B) Hjallti is scum, bobby is town and his arguments are genuine.

C) Both are town - I guess it is possible they both accepted N-L as town initially because of his newbishness. Seems rather unlikely though.

D) Both are scum, and bobby is putting on a good show to distance himself from Hjallti. This seems very unlikely because this would mean N-L is also scum and bobby is willing to go solo.

His FOS of Aimee at the bottom seems reasonable to me, too. I am now leaning more towards townie on bobby. I guess it is silly to break all this down at this point. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out more after the night.

I don't want to speculate about mafia actions too much, because that sets up a huge WIFOM cycle when they do/don't decide to follow my analysis. But I will just say that I would not be surprised to be their target tonight - and this is actually more likely if I am wrong than if I am right. If I'm right about a few suspects, it might seem too obvious to kill me off. If I'm wrong, the mafia can kill me off and make it look like I was right. Eh, this is major WIFOM here, I probably shouldn't even be posting it, but I'm sure the same argument would come up after the fact.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:06 am

Post by Lowell »

bobbyplump wrote:Hjall, I'm glad that you voted. I'm always suspicious of folks who hide in an "I'm not sure...so I'm not voting" stance.

However, it's quite odd that after defending N-L and saying you think he's town, you choose to vote for him.

Are you:

A) mafia jumping on the bandwagon to lynch,
B) mafia who was defending a family member, but now that it's clear they are going to be lynched, decides to join in
C) town just making an odd decision?

Two out of those three are bad, so
FoS: Hjallti

Speaking of not voting, I'll also
FoS: Aimee
for:

1) Hiding in a no vote
2) Posting on other threads in the first week, but not posting here
Good post. Bobby is town. I'm not really paying attention, but I'm here.
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:36 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

Off the Mark wrote:This seems very unlikely because this would mean N-L is also scum and bobby is willing to go solo.
I don't see any reason why I would be scum... Also, someone made a point about me defending myself... If you want to check other threads I'm in, I'm quite defensive if they vote me (I can't be mafia in 5 games in a row) Well... possibility but extremely unlikely... It seems that I'm probably the one who's going to be lynched after this 9 page D1...

Meh... that's all I say now... Meh...
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:19 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Also, someone made a point about me defending myself...
They did? Where? I haven't seen any defense of yourself at all, except for just saying "I'm townie" which doesn't count. You seemed to just give up, rather than defend yourself.

Hjallti was accused of over-defensiveness a couple times, but I don't recall if you were.

I read through your other games and MAN you do seem like scum in every single one of them. Unfortunately, in none of the games do I see a death where your role is revealed. You managed to get modkilled in one game, though, for sending a PM during the day, that was cute. Still, even excusing the newbish posts, I think we've got enough evidence in this game that you seem like a newb mafia rather than a newb townie. Do you have any defense?
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:42 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

N-L, just some clarification, N-N usually refers to me :)

@Bobby: I think that your suspicions of Hjallti are sound. He could be scum worried that the bandwagon will go flacid with two folks out of town, or he could be a townie who has become convinced by N-L's poor yet persistent defense of himself. However, I wonder what exactly you're suspicous of Amiee for. It seems perfectly reasonable not to vote for somebody before a long absence. Your vote is stuck there even if you would have removed it otherwise and you could unwillingly participate in a lynch. If, when Aimee comes back, she still thinks N-L is suspicous enough for a lynch, there will be a lynch, no harm, no foul, just a bit of downtime. It seems to me that cautious play such as that only favors the town.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:44 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Well, right now there are 6 people not voting for N-L:

Me, N-L himself, Aimee, THS, Nabakov, and Lowell.

I'm not switching my vote for aformentioned reasons. NL can't lynch himself. Aimee and THS are gone.

That leaves Nabakov and Lowell as the two people who can end this thing. I'm not trying to push the lynch of a townie, but if it's inevitable, let's not waste another 9 pages (and god knows how many real life days).
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:45 am

Post by bobbyplump »

[quote="NabakovNabakov"]@Bobby: However, I wonder what exactly you're suspicous of Amiee for. quote]

Good point about Aimee, but the fact still remains that she didn't post even when she WAS around posting on other threads. That bothers me.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Off the Mark »

bobbyplump wrote: I'm not switching my vote for aformentioned reasons. <snip>

I'm not trying to push the lynch of a townie, but if it's inevitable, let's not waste another 9 pages (and god knows how many real life days).
Geez you may as well have voted for him, because this looks equally suspicious. In fact, more so, if he comes up as town. Now it looks like you KNEW he would be town and thus were unwilling to cast the hammering vote because you knew you would look suspicious. Just when I thought you were leaning town too, now I don't know what to think.

Let's just hope he's scum for clarity's sake.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:04 am

Post by Stewie »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote: It seems that I'm probably the one who's going to be lynched after this 9 page D1...
How about you try to defend yourself?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”