Mini 425 Generic Western Mafia- Game over!

pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 9:07 am

Post by pickemgenius »

gorckat wrote: pick: Peter's 56,59 and 60 have "one for one" trade stuff.
Alrighty.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

unvote
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 5:58 am

Post by Thesp »

I'm having some last-minute self-doubt on VRK. I'm still happier with lynching him above pickemgenius (though I'd like to see PEG put a vote down). I'll try to be around near the end so if things change, I can too.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 9:18 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Thesp wrote:I'm having some last-minute self-doubt on VRK. I'm still happier with lynching him above pickemgenius (though I'd like to see PEG put a vote down). I'll try to be around near the end so if things change, I can too.
Well, this is a familiar situation.
Nobody but VRK really close to a lynch.
Lynch>No Lynch.
Some people are having last second doubt.

From my perspective I have to vote VRK.

Reasons:

A. Lynch>No Lynch
B. We have alot of information for day 2 (which we really need to get to.)

This is strictly an informational vote (which I am very against doing except in deadline)

Vote: VRK
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Sefer »

Day 1, Last official vote count:

Vel-Rahn Koon (5): Peter Venkman, Thesp, CrashTextDummie, TeamQuiggan, pickemgenius
pickemgenius (2): DeathSauce, Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie (2): gorckat, Occult
Thesp (1): Raffles
Peter Venkman (1): Vel-Rahn Koon

Not voting: mustafa15

12 alive, 7 to lynch.

Deadline has arrived
. Lynch scene soon.
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 12:22 pm

Post by Sefer »

The town argues back and forth, unable to reach a decision on who among them is scum. Finally, as sundown approaches, you decide that more people think Vel-Rahn Koon is scum than anyone else; you lynch him as the sun drops.
Unfortunately, examination of the corpse's possessions makes you certain that Vel-Rahn Koon was just a normal town member. Someone suggests that you adjourn to the saloon for a drink to mourn your loss; after each toast is over someone else suggests another, and in the end all of you stumble to your beds to pass out until morning.
Well, most of you do, anyway.

Vel-Rahn Koon, vanilla townie, has been lynched day one.

Night one has arrived. Anyone with the ability to communicate outside of the thread may do so from now until I announce day. Anyone with night choices, please get them to me as soon as possible; I'd like to get day two started before next weekend.

As a side note, in that this the first game I've modded, I'm open to constructive criticism. If you have suggestions on how you feel I should be handling things- if you feel I need to do vote counts more (or less) often, or that the deadline should have been later (or sooner, or nonexistant), for example- I'd like to you to PM me your thoughts. Thanks!
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:17 am

Post by Sefer »

You wake up and stumble back to the saloon for the day's discussion, nursing hangovers. After a lot of coffee, one of you finally notices that you're one drunkard short. After a role call, you realize pickemgenius hasn't joined you.
You rush to his house only to find his corpse with a single bullet wound in his head. Checking his corpse you determine that he was a normal town member.
pickemgenius, vanilla townie, has been shot night one
Day two has begun. There are 10 alive and it requires 6 to lynch.

I had several suggestions that I edit a vote count into the first post of the page, so I'm going to start doing so. That vote count will include any votes up to and including any made in the post it's edited into.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:07 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Go
TOWN!
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:10 am

Post by pickemgenius »

bah. ho town
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:50 am

Post by Guardian »

Bah, go town. And I was going to replace back in when I got back from vacation ;(.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

HUGE FoS on Peter Venkman, and a merely enormous FOS on CTD.

As promised.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Fos
: Deathsauce
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:56 pm

Post by gorckat »

Random speculation: one scum was on the 3 wheeled VRK wagon, one of Sauce and xombie are scum...

I 'm still liking xombie and the idea that perhaps the scum were just mostly watching us draw lines the wrong way...
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:26 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

CrashTextDummie wrote:The main reason why I voted mustafa15 is his voting behaviour.
mustafa15 wrote:I voted on Vryklan just as a gut feeling. I thought that he had been acting the scummiest in the game so far, and so I voted him. Rereading this thread, I honestly don't quite see what I was so unhappy about, so I'll unvote:Vryklan. I definetly agree that he doesn't deserve to have 4 votes on him.
He doesn't deserve to have 4 votes on him, but obviously he deserved 3 votes, since mustafa15 put on the 3rd one himself. Sounds a bit insincere. But wait!
mustafa15 wrote:I don't like this post, with the too townie and the random vote after discussion had started. Then, in post 171, he talks about a couple of people lurking and votes Ichigo for lurking, in his 3rd post with any content at all whatsoever, the darned hippocrit Razz . Plus he talks in indigo, which is slightly annoying, and pushes me over the edge into vote:Avinyl.

Note: I know I'm putting him at lynch -3, but I don't really see that as being to big of a deal. It does make some caution neccessary, I suppose.
It turns out that 4 votes are not a big deal after all.

The feeling I'm getting from him is that he's very cautious and deliberate with his vote, always trying to make sure that the town doesn't take it the wrong way. That's scummy to me. The generally low profile he's been keeping fits in with this as well.
Explain, or die.

Vote: mustafa15

Hi, DeathSauce.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:18 am

Post by Occult »

Bah.

I'm still pro-xzombie lynch.

I see what your saying CTD, but being careful with your votes is pro-townie.

On the other hand though, looking for acceptance is scummy... I'd also like an explanation from mustafa
mustafa15
mustafa15
Goon
mustafa15
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:49 am

Post by mustafa15 »

CrashTextDummie wrote:
CrashTextDummie wrote:The main reason why I voted mustafa15 is his voting behaviour.
mustafa15 wrote:I voted on Vryklan just as a gut feeling. I thought that he had been acting the scummiest in the game so far, and so I voted him. Rereading this thread, I honestly don't quite see what I was so unhappy about, so I'll unvote:Vryklan. I definetly agree that he doesn't deserve to have 4 votes on him.
He doesn't deserve to have 4 votes on him, but obviously he deserved 3 votes, since mustafa15 put on the 3rd one himself. Sounds a bit insincere. But wait!
mustafa15 wrote:I don't like this post, with the too townie and the random vote after discussion had started. Then, in post 171, he talks about a couple of people lurking and votes Ichigo for lurking, in his 3rd post with any content at all whatsoever, the darned hippocrit Razz . Plus he talks in indigo, which is slightly annoying, and pushes me over the edge into vote:Avinyl.

Note: I know I'm putting him at lynch -3, but I don't really see that as being to big of a deal. It does make some caution neccessary, I suppose.
It turns out that 4 votes are not a big deal after all.

The feeling I'm getting from him is that he's very cautious and deliberate with his vote, always trying to make sure that the town doesn't take it the wrong way. That's scummy to me. The generally low profile he's been keeping fits in with this as well.
Explain, or die.

Vote: mustafa15

Hi, DeathSauce.
Ok... On my first post, I didn't think that Vryklan was super scummy, just scummier than anyone else at the time. It was 7 to lynch at the time, and so when Vryklan got over half the necessary votes for a lynch, that kinda crossed my line. As I said at the time, it wasn't a very strong vote, and probably could have/should have been an fos, but when that 4th vote went on, it kinda crossed the imaginary line in my head.

Avinyl, however, I found to be acting pretty scummy, and I would have been ok with lynching him eventually, which is why I didn't mind him getting 4 votes.
I'm back
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:52 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Hmmm, CrashTextDummy finds a tiny inconsistency and tries blowing it up into major thing, where have we seen this behavior before? Oh yes, when we lynched VRK, a TOWNIE over nothing!

"Explain or die", nice touch!

Hey Paradox, why the FoS? A little explanation might help others get suspicious too. As it is, it just make me the tiniest bit suspicious of you!
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:55 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

VRK, Guardian, and PickEm, you have me sincere apologies.

This is my first non-newbie game. I have a bit to learn. I think the biggest lesson for pro-town players is to not get cornered into a deadline. We had a lynch with just a few votes.

This post is partly just to let everyone know I'm still here reading the thread. As soon as we know everyone is back from that extremely long night I'll begin to post my Day 2 thoughts.

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:08 am

Post by Occult »

XZombie what resons do you have for FoSing deathsauce.

Also a question for everyone:
Do you think CTD is blowing an inconsistancy out of proportion or is he finding somthing scummy?
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:21 am

Post by gorckat »

Re-reading Deathsauce...
vote:DeathSauce

@Occult...too easy to say blowing up a little thing given the recent VRK 'goof'.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:34 am

Post by Occult »

gorckat wrote:@Occult...too easy to say blowing up a little thing given the recent VRK 'goof'.
DeathSauce wrote:Hmmm, CrashTextDummy finds a tiny inconsistency and tries blowing it up into major thing, where have we seen this behavior before? Oh yes, when we lynched VRK, a TOWNIE over nothing!
I'm asking for 2 reasons,

1.Conversation has kinda died down

2.DS has been rubbing me the wrong way lately and Im trying to get a better read on him.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:56 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Interesting. Perhaps I was wrong about PV and CTD. You three certainly are throwing a nice little blanket of suspicion on me. Let's look at the stated reasons. Umm, Paradox doesn't give one. Neither does gorckat, interesting. And I am rubbing Occult 'the wrong way".

Forgive me if I don't bother to defend myself from these "suspicions".
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:14 am

Post by gorckat »

I at least wanted your reaction before I laid anything out there, DS.
I just can't put that much importance on what could very well be just a simple confusion over the number of scum. It's not that big of a deal, and I don't like Peter and CTD's reaction to it. I also am worried by CTD's pressure for a claim. It is not necessarily the right thing to do.

Vote: crashtextdummie
You started off skeptical and voted CTD.
Wow, CTD, over-react much? You want fresh independent analysis? Here, it is: I don't like your push for this lynch of VRK one bit.

Yes, you discovered the whopping inconsistency that VRK once said there were three scum, and then another time said there might be four. Whoop-de-doo! He must be scum! Rolling Eyes

Sorry, it seems like you and Peter are pushing very hard for this lynch based on the flimsiest of evidence.
You confirm your feelings on the weakness of the VRK lynch.
No problem.

1) I felt that the amount of suspicion leveled at VRK was inconsistent with the seriousness of his mistake. I actually still don't understand why it was such a big deal.

2) Seeing Peter Venkman, who was the voice of reason throughout the first 18 pages, suddenly glom onto this trivial matter as if it was the scumtell of all time really raised my hackles.

3) This sentence:
It's clearly better in this situation to lynch someone, so please get your act together, town.
was odd. We had a deadline fast approaching, there was no danger that someone wasn't going to be lynched. Why was CTD so anxious for everyone to jump on the VRK wagon? To lessen the importance of his vote? Maybe.
You again suspect that CTD is pushing a bad lynch and don't get the VRK case.
I have to admit that a small part of my vote on CTD, with associated comments, was an attempt to see how long pickem's vote would stay on VRK if given an out.

I still am suspicious of CTD and Peter's motivation. I disagree with some of the reasoning behind their votes on VRK. But I have to admit they might be correct.

I am more troubled by pickem. His vote on VRK seemed forced since the tide was so strong toward a VRK deadline lynch and he abandoned it at the first opportunity.

Unvote. Vote pickemgenius

If either pickem or VRK turns out to be town, my eye will turn toward the CTD/Peter contingent
Now you're saying that you were gauging pick's reaction and that CTD/Peter might be right
Sorry, I appreciate the three of you trying to shift the focus onto Peter, but you honestly couldn't be more transparent. When there are three players acting in concert throughout 23 pages, it makes outing you pretty easy.

I am convinced I've chosen the right group as scum. If we lynch any of the mustafa/VRK/pickem group, I am fine with that.
And suddenly you're defending Peter, convinced you chose the right group.
I am not trying to stay off the radar. I am following your discussion with Peter avidly, but I don't think it's getting us anywhere at the moment.

Lately I have been trying to examine the situation if everyone involved in the Scumcount/WIFOM controversy is pro-town, which I am beginning to think is a possibility. The scum can just sit back and let VRK/Peter/CTD/PEG fight over minutiae while they lie unmolested. Is it absolutely necessary that one of these camps is scum?

It is strange however that VRK, PEG, and mustafa have been so closely aligned throughout the game. And Peter's argument definitely puts him out on the limb. If any of the V/P/M group comes up town he is almost certain to be lynched the next day.

It is a tough decision. All I can do is vote the camp that seems to offer the most logical option, and right now that seems to be Peter and CTD.

I still have not received any response from Thesp, when I asked for some context for his wild pronouncements of guilt/ innocence. Any progress on that front, Thesp?
You've come completely to the dark side and their "most logical option".

In summary, I'm skeptical of your conversion.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:28 am

Post by DeathSauce »

I precisely laid out in those posts why I reached each conclusion. As far as I am aware, changing your mind is not uncommon and is allowed in this game.

My second paragraph in the last post you quoted is looking more likely by the minute
me wrote:Lately I have been trying to examine the situation if everyone involved in the Scumcount/WIFOM controversy is pro-town, which I am beginning to think is a possibility. The scum can just sit back and let VRK/Peter/CTD/PEG fight over minutiae while they lie unmolested. Is it absolutely necessary that one of these camps is scum?
You, Paradoxomie, and Occult laid pretty low during that discussion. But the three of you are coming out guns blazing here on Day Two.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:48 am

Post by gorckat »

I certainly wasn't avoiding the VRK lynch- I had voted him at one point, also convinced. Re-reading my own posts to see where I stood on things, I reminded myself why I felt so strongly about xombie. He still looks likely scum to me. You, I also mentioned you before the deadline.

That said- sure, changing minds is to be expected. You just went from so thoroughly convinced it was wrong to so thoroughly ocnivnced it was right that it gives me pause re-reading it, plus the bit you had about gauging pick's reaction which, iirc, was under deadline (I could be wrong, since the date shofted a few times).

Maybe I jumped the gun voting you so quickly without check-ins from others, but you and xombie are tops on my list now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”