Micro 382 - CREDIMVS PAVONI DEORVM (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:36 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 267, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 264, Josh_B wrote:
This is the general consensus. I usually use spoilers to reduce game clutter. However this time, I wanted everything that I said about scripten to be in my Iso. I don't plan on going after him today.
I want to get better reads on other players.
At this point, I think vetrock is probably town. It was really tough to watch him replace my slot in Marvel and see him be so uncertain about Vezok. That game is over now, so :problem solved, problem staying solved. Marvel was a huge roller coaster for me that started back in April. I did a lot to be conf town, so it was disappointing to watch vettrock allow so much uncertainty to build up around the slot without ever addressing it.

I like seeing the responses from Asher.
I still think scripten is scummy.
I had strong feelings at the start of DP1 that BBT is town
Tiershift is in my town pile
ShadedMelee was null, Wake seems to be town. The inclusion of Mr. Ree in his questions makes it rather obvious that he planned to question him before he died, and therefore had expectations of him being in DP2.

Just to clarify; your town-read on Vettrock is based on meta, right?

Your reads list is strange. You had strong feelings I was town at start of D1, how about now? Has that changed?

I guess meta. There isn't a lot in this game to go on. His comments about his general strategy aren't specifically related to this game. 236 seems reasonably town.
.. Less strong.

You're town-reading everyone in the game except Scripten; who you're not going to pursue today. So, what exactly are you planning on doing for D2?

Not true, and I bolded my plans in purple. So you can see them better.

Also;
Vettrock and Josh_B
- Can you explain what made you so sure Wolfy was town? Also, given that you both thought he was town, why did neither of you try to defend him? You both just let the wagon and lynch happen whilst subtly stating you thought he was town.

The scumminess of the wagon outwieghed the scumminess of the player. I never stated that he was town. now let me ask you this question. At the beginning of the game, you defended yourself from scripten over the OMGUS on Wolfy. But when Wolfy came in, it seems like you didn't even give him a chance before you started saying he was scum and getting scripten to vote him. Why not? I could see how if wolfy flipped scum, you could solidify your opinion of scripten. But I can't see it with wolfy being town. From my POV, scripten looked very opportunistic. Although at this point I will admit that I'm probably in a confbias loop of his behavior.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 275, Josh_B wrote:Not true, and I bolded my plans in purple. So you can see them better.

Yeah it is true. You're town-reading vettrock, you had 'strong feelings I was town at start of D1', Tier is 'in your town pile', wake 'seems town' and your 'liking the responses of Asher'.

What am I missing?

In post 275, Josh_B wrote:The scumminess of the wagon outwieghed the scumminess of the player. I never stated that he was town.

This makes no sense. The wagon consisted of myself (strong town-read), Tier (who is in your town pile), Asher (who's responses you like), Mr. Ree (who is a confirmed townie) and the one person you were scum-reading.

Elaborate for me, how did you find this particular wagon so scummy and why was there no mention of this D1?

Also, in you say "Let me be honest, I'm not hammering Wolfy right now because his vote on me was something that I would do if two other players were arguing in circles about irrelevant useless crap that really wasn't all that alignment indicative".

How was this alignment indicative of Wolfy?

In post 275, Josh_B wrote:now let me ask you this question. At the beginning of the game, you defended yourself from scripten over the OMGUS on Wolfy. But when Wolfy came in, it seems like you didn't even give him a chance before you started saying he was scum and getting scripten to vote him. Why not? I could see how if wolfy flipped scum, you could solidify your opinion of scripten. But I can't see it with wolfy being town. From my POV, scripten looked very opportunistic. Although at this point I will admit that I'm probably in a confbias loop of his behavior.

See , and where I gave Wolfy numerous chances to explain his thought processes/reads and he just wasn't providing sufficient answers from my perspective.

Why are you making a relation between the OMGUS and my attack on Wolfy?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by Josh_B »

BBT, Wolfy did not flip scum. Yet your reads still seem to follow that wolfy was scum. 142 was my point, you instantly voted him.

Maybe I read your question wrong.

Wolfy said he made a reaction test. Scum do not need reaction tests. That is moderately alignment indicative.

The relation that I'm making is not about Wolfy. It's on your town read of scripten even though wolfy wasn't scum. Don't you think that it's more likely that scum would be scum jumping on an opportunity wagon?

and you are twisting my words. I said "I like seeing the responses from Asher." Not that I like the responses from Asher.

Also, there were at least three townies on the wolfy wagon. With Mr.Ree dead, there are at least two left. Let's find out who they are.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Good evening TierShift.

I'd like to talk with you, please. I need to get a better footing on your alignment this game. Your cooperation would be valued.

Please note this, everyone.

Your vote on Mr. Ree in () makes me wonder why it was cast. It looks like an OMGUS, which is inherently anti-Town, or so the majority says. It didn't escape me how you voted for Ree in (), and then asked BBT in () if he thought Ree's vote was random. If you don't think Ree's vote was random, then you should be able to explain why you thought otherwise. Though your questions in () pangs of Townish curiosity, your () leaves me without complete understanding.

() is difficult to weigh. Questions are good for illumination and discussion. You may not feel his questions needed to be answered, but the content derived from the discussion revolving said questions can prove fruitful. In fact part of our discussion involves them even now.

() and () leave me wondering why you made them. There should have been a reason, yet I'm not seeing it. Your explanation would be appreciated. Your () rings Townish, yet it's generic and safe, in my humble opinion. It does not look like Ree was the best wagon, per your (). I would like some answers from you on this. The grammatical errors in () probably mean nothing. It also doesn't seem you are using the function which stops and allows you to preview/edit your post when someone's posted before you've finished typing. That, too, likely means nothing, although knowing these subtleties isn't inherently detrimental. Scum doesn't have Daystart, so in () it can't be said that you and BBT were Scum partners who spoke privately before the Day started, which could have explained you two thinking the same thing around the same time. I'm not certain what to think of (). Same with ().

Content is and continues to be generated because those questions were put forth and discussed (). Again it pangs Townish when you ask BBT for the scum motivation in pushing that issue. You can never tell, apropos (). He could be an alt. () and () begets indifference. For the third time, TierShift says something that reads Townish in (). At this point I am Townreading him a little.

TierShift, maybe you should not have acted so hastily when you cast your vote for Vettrock in () for, as you call it, unnecessary prolongation of RVS. Him posting a supposedly RVS vote in () isn't grounds for a serious vote, especially when I've played in games when the person's first post, a random vote, was after the #100 mark. Let's discuss this further, because this latest action is stirring up doubt in your alignment.

Please share what () is regarding. An elaboration on () would help, because it can be difficult understanding what you're meaning at times. I mean no disrespect by that. I notice in () that you didn't vote Josh_B near the timeframe when he voted for Vettrock and then for Scripten. Josh's () was obviously a random vote, yet your accusation of him prolonging RVS unnecessarily doesn't materialize. At that point your vote is still on Vettrock, and you do indeed have time to change it from him to Josh, since by your logic when it comes to the unnecessary prolongation of RVS, #61 must be a worse offense than #38.

If you would, I'd like to know what your view is on Scumtells, per your (). In your words overreaction and counterpushing aren't Scumtells. I wonder if you think hypocrisy is.

I need to rest. Will be back tomorrow to rejoin you on this. Goodnight everyone.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by vettrock »

I'll try and address some of the questions towards me, and I'll try and dig deeper to make sure I address all of the question later.

On Wolfy, and why I didn't defend him harder and why I thought he was town. I thought He was town. I didn't have a particularly reason other than his play being similar that the last time I played with him, and the fact that the wagon gathered much too quickly. Part of the reason I didn't defend him "harder" is just that he was hammered before we could really discuss much more. I'm thinking there was at least one scum on the wagon there pushing it. Since Mr. Ree is confirmed town that leaves BBT, Scripten, Asher, and TierShift. Asher I find particularly scummy with his jump into the game and make a vote for the largest wagon on the way to a quick lynch. I'm not saying we should wait until the deadline is looming to finish voting, but I think by ending the Day early, it is only hurting town.

More later.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:45 pm

Spoiler: Response to Josh
In post 277, Josh_B wrote:BBT, Wolfy did not flip scum. Yet your reads still seem to follow that wolfy was scum. 142 was my point, you instantly voted him.

Right, and I could instantly unvote him if I was satisfied with his answers. My vote is my weapon, I like to use it.

My reads do not follow that Wolfy was scum. I'm not sure where you're getting this from. I'm still trying to decide if there were any scum on that Wolfy wagon.

In post 277, Josh_B wrote:
Wolfy said he made a reaction test. Scum do not need reaction tests. That is moderately alignment indicative.

You're joking right? So scum could not use 'reaction test' reasoning to try and explain a bad vote? He went from you being 'pretty scummy' () to 'solid townie' () and didn't explain his thought process at all. Obviously, we now know it was just bad town play, but it looked ridiculously scummy.

In post 277, Josh_B wrote:The relation that I'm making is not about Wolfy. It's on your town read of scripten even though wolfy wasn't scum. Don't you think that it's more likely that scum would be scum jumping on an opportunity wagon?

I see where you're coming from. But I explained that the way in which he joined the wagon and questioned my town-read of him just gave me town-vibes. I could be completely wrong, and he's certainly not a solid town-read, but I just don't think he is scum right now.

In post 277, Josh_B wrote:and you are twisting my words. I said "I like seeing the responses from Asher." Not that I like the responses from Asher.

Can you clarify the difference for me?

In post 279, vettrock wrote:I'll try and address some of the questions towards me, and I'll try and dig deeper to make sure I address all of the question later.

On Wolfy, and why I didn't defend him harder and why I thought he was town. I thought He was town. I didn't have a particularly reason other than his play being similar that the last time I played with him, and the fact that the wagon gathered much too quickly. Part of the reason I didn't defend him "harder" is just that he was hammered before we could really discuss much more. I'm thinking there was at least one scum on the wagon there pushing it. Since Mr. Ree is confirmed town that leaves BBT, Scripten, Asher, and TierShift. Asher I find particularly scummy with his jump into the game and make a vote for the largest wagon on the way to a quick lynch. I'm not saying we should wait until the deadline is looming to finish voting, but I think by ending the Day early, it is only hurting town.

More later.

The wagon gathering quickly is a good point, and it was something I considered. However, it was only the first 3 votes that went on fairly quickly, and I think they all came from town.

The meta point is bullshit though.

Mr. Ree clearly delayed the hammer so that discussion could take place. All you did to try and prevent the lynch was and , and that was mostly about how anti-town it was to lynch Wolfy. Not actually trying to defend Wolfy himself.

Also, in you eluded to Scripten being slightly scummy but you weren't ready to call him scum yet. You instead decided to leave your vote on Shaded, an inactive. Why was that?

VOTE: Vettrock
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:48 pm

Josh:

In post 276, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Elaborate for me,
how
why did you find this particular wagon so scummy and why was there no mention of this D1?
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:57 am

Post by Josh_B »

BBT, I know that you know how to read. What does "quick wagon for no reason" mean to you?

...Opportunistic scum on the Wolfy wagon? read on scripten abandoned?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:04 am

Hi Josh, please see and respond please.

As for the 'quick wagon, no reason', I don't believe for one second that town Josh would not find Wolfy's reactions scummy. Everyone (bar one) on the Wolfy wagon you were reading as town, how does that make the wagon scummy?
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:14 am

Post by Josh_B »

Spoiler: response to BBT
In post 280, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 277, Josh_B wrote:BBT, Wolfy did not flip scum. Yet your reads still seem to follow that wolfy was scum. 142 was my point, you instantly voted him.

Right, and I could instantly unvote him if I was satisfied with his answers. My vote is my weapon, I like to use it.

My reads do not follow that Wolfy was scum. I'm not sure where you're getting this from. I'm still trying to decide if there were any scum on that Wolfy wagon.

When you decided that scripten was town, it was based on the idea that scripten wouldn't bus his scum partner so easily, and that you thought it was more likely that wolfy was scum than scripten. amiright? retrospectively, wolfy was not anyone's scum partner. And therefore, the "town" tell towards scripten is not actually a town tell. It actually increases the chances of him being scum, because he was so willing to cross the aisle.

Why wouldn't there be scum on the wagon? As fast as the wagon went, the empty votes, the previous read abandonments. It surprises me that you wouldn't automatically assume there are scum on the wagon.

In post 277, Josh_B wrote:

You're joking right? So scum could not use 'reaction test' reasoning to try and explain a bad vote? He went from you being 'pretty scummy' () to 'solid townie' () and didn't explain his thought process at all. Obviously, we now know it was just bad town play, but it looked ridiculously scummy.

I agree, Wolfy didn't answer some of my questions also. He said some questionable things. Obviously, it was bad town play. But let's look at the wagon for what it was. - A free mislynch. evaluate it just like you would any other mislynch
In post 277, Josh_B wrote:The relation that I'm making is not about Wolfy. It's on your town read of scripten even though wolfy wasn't scum. Don't you think that it's more likely that scum would be scum jumping on an opportunity wagon?

I see where you're coming from. But I explained that the way in which he joined the wagon and questioned my town-read of him just gave me town-vibes. I could be completely wrong, and he's certainly not a solid town-read, but I just don't think he is scum right now.

Yea, it's almost like he's saying that you were doing the same thing that wolfy was doing. Switching erratically from an absolute scum read to town read. I guess it is pretty townie that he called you on that.
In post 277, Josh_B wrote:and you are twisting my words. I said "I like seeing the responses from Asher." Not that I like the responses from Asher.

Can you clarify the difference for me?
I asked Asher for some sort of catch up on DP1, which he said no to. And I also called him out on his joining the wagon, which he ignored. Thank god he is at least posting some content about this game for somebody
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:26 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 278, Wake1 wrote:Good evening TierShift.

I'd like to talk with you, please. I need to get a better footing on your alignment this game. Your cooperation would be valued.

A very good day to you, Mr. wake. If you want to communicate with me, I'd like to see you cut down on post length. It's not hard.
However, only this time, I will address your wall at the end of my reread.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:24 am

Spoiler: Response to Josh
In post 284, Josh_B wrote:
When you decided that scripten was town, it was based on the idea that scripten wouldn't bus his scum partner so easily, and that you thought it was more likely that wolfy was scum than scripten. amiright? retrospectively, wolfy was not anyone's scum partner. And therefore, the "town" tell towards scripten is not actually a town tell. It actually increases the chances of him being scum, because he was so willing to cross the aisle.

Correct. My initial town-read on Scripten was
based
on him joining the Wolfy wagon. However, the way he joined it (almost with no reasoning and very little encourgament makes me think he is town). Then he questioned my town-read on him. Add in that I feel his is pretty town, all of these things make me feel like he is more likely to be town than scum.

In post 284, Josh_B wrote:Why wouldn't there be scum on the wagon? As fast as the wagon went, the empty votes, the previous read abandonments. It surprises me that you wouldn't automatically assume there are scum on the wagon.

You keep pushing the idea that the wagon should be analyzed for scum. Indeed, it usually would and I would usually do that too. However, if you're scum, you're banking on people analyzing a wagon that was on a townie. I mean, how can there be no scum on a townie mislynch right? But, I feel it was an all town lynch. Killing one townie on the wagon leaves a narrower pool for town to lynch from again because that would be the natural progression for the game.

I could be wrong. Hell, there could be two scum on that wagon. I just don't see it though. I've never seen somebody act so scummy who flipped town. Never. The fact that neither you or Vettrock even considered that Wolfy could be scum really doesn't sit right with me.

I agree, Wolfy didn't answer some of my questions also. He said some questionable things. Obviously, it was bad town play. But let's look at the wagon for what it was. - A free mislynch. evaluate it just like you would any other mislynch

You agree? What part are you agreeing with? It's obvious
now
that it was bad town play, so on D1, by this thought process you should have seen it as scummy play, no? This is what I don't understand

In post 284, Josh_B wrote:Yea, it's almost like he's saying that you were doing the same thing that wolfy was doing. Switching erratically from an absolute scum read to town read. I guess it is pretty townie that he called you on that.
I don't think I have switched 'erratically'. I have tried my best to explain how my read developed; I can't do anymore than that.

In post 284, Josh_B wrote:I asked Asher for some sort of catch up on DP1, which he said no to. And I also called him out on his joining the wagon, which he ignored. Thank god he is at least posting some content about this game for somebody

You're scum-reading Asher?

Now that there has been some back and forth, what are other people's opinions about what's going on? In particular, with thoughts to myself thinking that it could have been an all town lynch. Is anyone thinking different? If so, who is the scum on the wagon?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:34 am

Post by TierShift »

Okay guys, first 3 pages.
In post 27, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You're really pushing this issue. You have to be scum.

Your questions were bad. How are they supposed to help you work out somebody's alignment? They were awful questions designed to look like you were prompting discussion and scum-hunting.

I'm so sure you're gonna flip scum.

I much dislike this post in the context of scripten being active and trying to find scumminess in all corners of the game. He might have done in a bad way, but this still is no reason to push him.
In post 38, vettrock wrote:Hello everyone.
I've played with Wolfy and Clusk92 before.
VOTE: Shaded

This is fencesitting, still.
In post 44, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 43, vettrock wrote:
I read it and I'm not sure what to make of it so I threw something in other direction to see what develops,

To see what develops...from an RVS vote...are you serious?

In post 45, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I suggest you read it again and contribute something useful.

This comes off as tryhard and I must keep this in mind as possible buddy interaction.
In post 63, Josh_B wrote:errgh, My need to play this game interrupts my need for vengeance.

VOTE: scripten

That scummy push was scummy.

And josh is still completely wide of the mark. This sheep is bad bad.

Upon rereading I get a very strong townread on scripten who pushes his thoughts hard, seems to tread back but then defends his reasoning again. No appeasing and no overdefensiveness, in fact, just explanation of his thoughts. I like a lot (it is actually the first time I read it!), the rationale behind voting BBT is solid.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:58 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 53, TierShift wrote:Town or scum overreaction?

Vettrock, you missed this question re scripten vs bbt. Please answer.
In post 102, Scripten wrote:
Anyway, BBT actually seems relatively town to me at the moment despite the butting of heads. You, on the other hand, are actively setting off my scum radar for the reasons that drove me to put my FoS on you before along with your reactions. Let's make this vote actually work toward something.

Where/how did you get your BBT townread?
In post 116, vettrock wrote:
In post 68, Scripten wrote:
At least we've had a few more players posting now. So, let's try this again.

Vettrock:
If you were scum, who would you target for a night kill assuming the day ended right now with a no lynch?

If the Day ended right now and I was scum it is hard to say who I would nightkill. I think we need a bit more information, as at this point I'd just have to pick a random person. A nightkill should be the person most believed to be town, or a person that is particularly threatening to you. The problem with the second option, is it points the finger at you unless they also fall under the first catagory. As there isn't anyone who is generally accepted as town at this point, I'd have to go random.

I hate this is the only thing vettrock contributes at this point.
In post 124, Josh_B wrote:[
The bottom line comes down to whether or not I was actually sheeping BBT or if I had my own reasons to think that you are scum.
You called me a sheep
, I had my own reasons that I have expressed. The reasons have nothing to do with BBT, and everything to do with your play. That is not sheeping. And you are just pushing buzzwords.

I recall you yourself saying that you were sheeping BBT (your original sheep, remember?). Now you're saying you're not. What is it?

In post 137, vettrock wrote:So to contribute to the Josh/Scripten debate:

I can follow most of Josh's argument with the exception of the color coded one which wasn't clear until I dug back into the original post to see what was added and what wasn't. Scripten seems to be bending stuff a lot more, but at this point I think its more being defensive that necessarily scummy. He is trying to bend things to support his view. Scum definately do this as they have to make things up, but confirmation bias and bending stuff due to confirmation bias definately affects town as well.

So sightly scumminess to Scripten, but I'm not ready to call him scum yet.

Bad analysis!
In post 146, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 145, Wolfy wrote:[
Nah. It says I was reading him as pretty!

I wasn't. It was a vote to get a reaction. What I got was next to nothing. He just carried on bickering with Scripten. That tells me town.

You may have been about to get a reaction;
In post 122, Josh_B wrote:
Can you please give more of an explanation? What did you decide was alignment indicative?

But you chose to ignore this for some reason. Why is that?

Your logic and thoughts are not consistent so far. You were very fence-sitty at the beginning as well. I think that was an opportunistic vote that you realized you couldn't explain without it looking like you were sheeping so you retracted it.

Then you immediately OMGUS me. Why do you think I'm scum exactly?

I'm almost certain you're scum here.

I llike this post a lot, still.

I'm ending my reread for today. Vettrock and josh look bad.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:27 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 288, TierShift wrote:
In post 102, Scripten wrote:
Anyway, BBT actually seems relatively town to me at the moment despite the butting of heads. You, on the other hand, are actively setting off my scum radar for the reasons that drove me to put my FoS on you before along with your reactions. Let's make this vote actually work toward something.

Where/how did you get your BBT townread?

Gut read mostly. While, like I said, we disagreed and argued a bit, I believe that he had town motivations in acting as he did. He has legitimately scumhunted and I have not disagreed with him over Wolfy. Josh_B, on the other hand, felt significantly more like scum when I first voted him. I haven't necessarily cleared BBT in my mind, but he does have a town lean to him this game, growing stronger the more we move into the later game.

Want to mention that I really like your 288, Tiershift. I had been worried about you.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:42 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 286, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You keep pushing the idea that the wagon should be analyzed for scum. Indeed, it usually would and I would usually do that too. However, if you're scum, you're banking on people analyzing a wagon that was on a townie. I mean, how can there be no scum on a townie mislynch right? But, I feel it was an all town lynch. :good: Killing one townie on the wagon leaves a narrower pool for town to lynch from again because that would be the natural progression for the game. :good:

I could be wrong. Hell, there could be two scum on that wagon. I just don't see it though. I've never seen somebody act so scummy who flipped town. Never. The fact that neither you or Vettrock even considered that Wolfy could be scum really doesn't sit right with me.

I considered that wolfy might be scum. But him not being scum means something different than him actually being scum. I've considered the off wagoners. Myself, Shaded, and Vettrock. In order for both scum to be off the wagon, it has to be vettrock and wake. Both seem town to me, so scum is probably not off the wagon.

VOTE: asher
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:49 am

You forgot to respond to this part;

You agree? What part are you agreeing with? It's obvious
now
that it was bad town play, so on D1, by this thought process you should have seen it as scummy play, no? This is what I don't understand

Are you proposing a Scripten/Asher scum-team?
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:10 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 286, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I don't think I have switched 'erratically'. I have tried my best to explain how my read developed; I can't do anymore than that.

Nor should you. The accusation was still presented.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:11 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 286, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I've never seen somebody act so scummy who flipped town. Never.

I have, and now you have. How do you feel about that?
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:23 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 286, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You agree? What part are you agreeing with? It's obvious now that it was bad town play, so on D1, by this thought process you should have seen it as scummy play, no? This is what I don't understand

The reaction test was townie. Some of the other things, not so much. Obviously I couldn't have known if was bad town play or scum play. But I do know now, and I'm trying to move forward with that new information. This point seems to be where we are having a disconnect. I'm looking at Wolfy who died from being a VI. You still seem to be trying to prove that Wolfy was scum.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:25 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 291, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Are you proposing a Scripten/Asher scum-team?

Maybe. We'll see. Are you proposing a Josh/vettrok scum team?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:34 am

Post by Scripten »

Josh_B, it would probably make it easier for us if you kept your posts all together. Submitting an incomplete post, then having a number of posts between it and your next post (which completes it) makes reading your posts a little more confusing than it has to be. The forums do have a feature that allow you to tell when you have been ninja'd, so you don't usually have to worry about missing a post.

Now, game stuff:

Josh_B:
You seem to think that wolfy's play was ambiguously scummy. That is, you felt that he was just playing poorly as town rather than acting scummily. That doesn't really explain why you didn't try to stop his lynch and, despite not voting for him, didn't seem to have much of a problem with it. I mean, you're acting now as if you were campaigning for him being town, which is just objectively untrue.

I'm reasonably convinced that this is not confirmation bias from before, but you are definitely looking quite scummy to me. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you're having an off game and can't find good cases to build, but you're toeing the line here.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by Josh_B »

Teirshift,
Spoiler: another spoiler because it's fun to make spoilers and most of theinformation is already in the game
Concerning Scripten
In post 71, Josh_B wrote:We're barely off the first page, and he's already coming up with scum tells that look more contrived than convincing.

I don't know what your definition of sheeping is, but my definition is "following another player for the sake of following another player, without having your own ideas." At any point does it appear that I do not have my own ideas?
I tried to make a joke about being called a sheep, as though my comments weren't original enough by scripten's standards. It seems like he has pretty lofty standards, or he's just trying to press anything that can get traction. What do you think about that?

You know, all those pages and I still don't know what the whole point of the sheeping thing was except to call me scummy over something rediculous. I agree'd with BBT at the beginning of the game, if you want to call that a sheep, call it a sheep whatever. But that's a pretty weak case.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Scripten, Josh, BBT, Asher, Vettrock.
I understand the post is long, but I would really appreciate your feedback on it. I'm trying to feel out who I can trust more than others in this game, and am needing your help in this.

Spoiler:
In post 278, Wake1 wrote:
Your vote on Mr. Ree in () makes me wonder why it was cast. It looks like an OMGUS, which is inherently anti-Town, or so the majority says. It didn't escape me how you voted for Ree in (), and then asked BBT in () if he thought Ree's vote was random. If you don't think Ree's vote was random, then you should be able to explain why you thought otherwise. Though your questions in () pangs of Townish curiosity, your () leaves me without complete understanding.

() is difficult to weigh. Questions are good for illumination and discussion. You may not feel his questions needed to be answered, but the content derived from the discussion revolving said questions can prove fruitful. In fact part of our discussion involves them even now.

() and () leave me wondering why you made them. There should have been a reason, yet I'm not seeing it. Your explanation would be appreciated. Your () rings Townish, yet it's generic and safe, in my humble opinion. It does not look like Ree was the best wagon, per your (). I would like some answers from you on this. The grammatical errors in () probably mean nothing. It also doesn't seem you are using the function which stops and allows you to preview/edit your post when someone's posted before you've finished typing. That, too, likely means nothing, although knowing these subtleties isn't inherently detrimental. Scum doesn't have Daystart, so in () it can't be said that you and BBT were Scum partners who spoke privately before the Day started, which could have explained you two thinking the same thing around the same time. I'm not certain what to think of (). Same with ().

Content is and continues to be generated because those questions were put forth and discussed (). Again it pangs Townish when you ask BBT for the scum motivation in pushing that issue. You can never tell, apropos (). He could be an alt. () and () begets indifference. For the third time, TierShift says something that reads Townish in (). At this point I am Townreading him a little.

TierShift, maybe you should not have acted so hastily when you cast your vote for Vettrock in () for, as you call it, unnecessary prolongation of RVS. Him posting a supposedly RVS vote in () isn't grounds for a serious vote, especially when I've played in games when the person's first post, a random vote, was after the #100 mark. Let's discuss this further, because this latest action is stirring up doubt in your alignment.

Please share what () is regarding. An elaboration on () would help, because it can be difficult understanding what you're meaning at times. I mean no disrespect by that. I notice in () that you didn't vote Josh_B near the timeframe when he voted for Vettrock and then for Scripten. Josh's () was obviously a random vote, yet your accusation of him prolonging RVS unnecessarily doesn't materialize. At that point your vote is still on Vettrock, and you do indeed have time to change it from him to Josh, since by your logic when it comes to the unnecessary prolongation of RVS, #61 must be a worse offense than #38.

If you would, I'd like to know what your view is on Scumtells, per your (). In your words overreaction and counterpushing aren't Scumtells. I wonder if you think hypocrisy is.

I need to rest. Will be back tomorrow to rejoin you on this. Goodnight everyone.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by Scripten »

Wake88, can you specify which parts of that post pertain to each of us? From what I'm reading, you're directing this at Tiershift? If so, can you quote directly which parts you require an answer for? That will help direct conversation so as to get your concerns addressed.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”