Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6975 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:40 am

Post by Birds of Prey »

In post 1834, Young and Beautiful wrote:
In post 1795, HighShroomish wrote:
In post 1791, Young and Beautiful wrote:Those are valid points.

However, could you please draw the link between your 3 points -> YnB is scum? You have yet to show this despite your well-written analysis and case.

If the conclusions of your case are: "You are X, Y, and Z, but you are not scum," then there is no need for all the tension; in fact you have just lured a pack of hungry scum for a mislynch on poor YnB. Aren't my kisses enough? :(

- b -

The first point-
This is a tell that I have used without fail in three other games. Two of which you know of. I trust it. It works.
The second point- only solidifying under pressure, as Mhork is saying, is scummy. Once the pressure starts to alleviate you go back to fluff-posting, which, seeing as it is the third point, isn't something town players do. Having 91 posts of near nothing is bad. And this bad means scummy bad.

I concede defeat. Our play hasn't exactly been stellar, and your case is very valid and sound. I know that it leads to the wrong answer, thus there is definitely a flaw in there that results in a contradiction, but I am unable to find it using logical reasoning as you have provided.

It's like a complicated math problem; the working and methodology is seemingly correct, but for some reason you arrive at the wrong answer. It may take a good eye to spot the possible (careless) mistake, but I can't.

I'm
Jinenji, Town Demon Friendly Neighbor
. Some flavor about being a gentle giant being afraid of humans or something. And I help Kagome collect herbs or something.

I am a Demon. I can visit a player every night, and they will receive a message confirming me as Town the next day.

This explains my "uselessness" et al. We were trying to have fun, and also our plan was to coast using our ability, since it would give us a whole lot of breathing room. Unfortunately, we got run up today, and might be a potential nightkill target now. Didn't expect that.

Oh and sorry Y if I'm claiming prematurely. We're L-4 and a ton of scum is on our wagon.

- b -

In post 6113, Young and Beautiful wrote:Oh, and I neglected to post this at the start of the day.

I'm a 3-shot Friendly Neighbor. I had wanted to announce this after I had a successful Neighbor confirmation, but I forgot to do so.

My Role PM explicitly says that my shots will be used up regardless if my action was successful or not. I would not be notified if my action was unsuccessful, anyway.

Although it would be pretty obvious the next day.

I've been using all three shots ASAP for the past 3 nights, so although I've only had one successful confirmation, which sucks, third time's the charm, I guess?

- b -

Now look at these two posts.

What are the odds that two heads of a hydra
Both
forget to claim limited shot FN when claiming?
What are the odds that an FN misses the first two nights?
What are the odds of Y n B knowing she was blocked Day 1 despite site meta of not usually getting feedback on roleblocked Day 1?
What are the odds that Y n B picked the dead guy Day 2?
What are the odds of the host explicitly saying in the role pm shots are used when you fail, despite that not being site meta?

What are the odds that BBMolla confirms her to take advantage of being widely townread scum?
What are the odds that a scum vote triggered her claim and the two confirmed scum are the only scum on the wagon and she panicked realizing the wagon would look really bad for scum?
What are the odds of YnB still being caught in a useless OMGUS tunnel if scum knowing my town meta is to find scum and tunnel?
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6976 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:41 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 6973, Birds of Prey wrote:Shifting your claim to three shot when you realized I would demand more scum vouch than one should be a dead giveaway.

Wait, did Y&B claim three shot?
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6977 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:42 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Okay, yeah, that's screwy and skeevy.

Vote: BBMolla
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6978 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:46 am

Post by Birds of Prey »

VOTE: BBMolla
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6979 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:54 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

Ohey I can dig this wagon

VOTE: BBMolla
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6980 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:56 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Unvote: Majiffy

Just to toy with people.
Also, wow, sudden flash wagon.
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6981 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:56 am

Post by Birds of Prey »

In post 6955, shos wrote:BoP, I fully agree against you, you know.
You,majiffy, prohawk andmhork, are tje four most controversial peeps in this game for me, and I want yall dead. You literally just said that 'mollaconfirming ynb' was what tipped you off.

How?

If I were a friendly neighbour and I confirm myself to you. As town, wouldnt you say that? As scum, you have the choice to go against, but as town you 100% confirm him. So how did it make you think molla was scum?

If scum can do X and Y and town can only do X and X happens then this is null. If it was Y, I get it, but X? Nah.

Going balls to the walls against the practically only cpnftown(s) that town has with 18 alive - whats up with that?

Ima just start removing.

Also, titus, your townplay is very remote from this game iirc. Your post count by itself speaks.

No. YnB's claim is obvious bullshit. I have shown the errors. If YnB is scum, then her voucher must be scum as well.

Oversoul is not Bo7. Beast is not Bo7. Lord Mhok is not Bo7. ProHawk is not Bo7. Egg is probably not Bo7. You are not Bo7. Zmuffin and notscience are probably not Bo7 for not jumping on me bc easy and their slots voting YnB during the first wagon.

We handle Bo7 first. Let scum indicate/kill the SK unless we get evidence of the SK.

Inb4 YnB goes back to the SK theory bc the lyncher one was obviously shit.
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6982 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:58 am

Post by Birds of Prey »

In post 6980, Squirrel Girl wrote:
Unvote: Majiffy

Just to toy with people.
Also, wow, sudden flash wagon.

Yup. Except the Flashwagon on Molla has town on it. Mine was started after I voted Kagami. BB's was started after a case highlighting how shitty YnB's claim is.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6983 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:01 am

Post by Egg »

Birds, I can see Actiondan scum on process of elimination alone. I remember voting him at the start of Day 2, but I don't remember why and I feel like he addressed my concerns just fine.
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6984 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:06 am

Post by Birds of Prey »

Egg, that's good. We agree on AD scum. Look back at your posts. See if you see the same behavior or if his behavior reflects the concerns.

Why did you skip over the post where I highlighted the bullshit in YnB's claim? Do you have nothing to say there?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6985 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:07 am

Post by Egg »

Took a look back. I voted him because he said don't kill Rhaego and I took it as a mason crumb, but he said he thought Rhaego was lie detecter.

Preview edit: I mostly ignored you vs Y+B because it's pretty pointless.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6986 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:08 am

Post by Egg »

Like I'm not gonna listen to anything suggesting Y+B is scum unless BBMolla flips scum first.
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6987 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:11 am

Post by Birds of Prey »

Egg, that is the wrong way of looking at it fmpov. If you know YnB is scum, then Molla must be.

If the analysis is wrong (unlikely) YnB is unquestionably confirmed town with no PR. However if you need a BBMolla case, I will make you one.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6988 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:17 am

Post by Egg »

Who said I knew Y+B to be scum? I personally don't see it
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6989 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:24 am

Post by Birds of Prey »

Egg, I realize that came out wrong. If you discover YnB is scum, then BB is scum as well. If BB is town, YnB is as well. Therefore if YnB is scummy, lynch BBMolla. If we are wrong YnB is unquestionably town. If we are right, 2 for 1.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6990 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:43 am

Post by Egg »

Great! But what if I'm townreading both players?
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6991 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:43 am

Post by Birds of Prey »

BBMolla VCA
1.6 through 1.18 - Molla votes shos who is unlikely bo7 scum.
1.19 through 1.26 - Molla votes conftown xoelf.
1.27 is when YnB takes off with a really townie wagon. BBMolla still voting conftown.
BB keeps voteparked on xoelf conftown until 1.37 when he busses. How do I know he's bussing...

For being voteparked so long, you would expect townMolla to push xoelf. No. He has less than 20 posts. None of which are strongly pushing xoelf. He mentions Leminiscate once prior to voting him at the end of the day. That was "conflicted on Leminiscate". He approves of AngryIecrint's vote. AngryIcerink isn't voting xoelf but Mist7676 who is confirmed town.

BBMolla then unvotes and starts advocating for a no lynch...on Day 1.

On Day 2 he resumes his voteparking shit on xoelf but for a slight dalliance with my wagon. My day 2 wagon has Abomination and BulbaFenix with Aronis on it. When my wagon loses steam he goes back to xoelf.

I am up to post 6000 BB prematurely claims, has asked once for help lynching xoelf and not given a single serious reason why xoelf is scum.

His ISO is devoid of any strong push until you reach me. Even then he's not pushing me. He's voting me because I'm allegedlybad.

[Mental note 2.9 has Abomination and Bulba on it. Zmuffin is almost certainly town.]
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6992 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:45 am

Post by Birds of Prey »

Egg if you are townreading BBMolla, I would need to know why.
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6993 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:01 am

Post by Birds of Prey »

Oops I forgot the Rhaego mention. He mentions Rhaego as could kynch. Leminscate as conflicted. Votes lemniscate. Then unvotes and argues for no lynch not xoelf.
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6994 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:02 am

Post by Birds of Prey »

In post 6990, Egg wrote:Great! But what if I'm townreading both players?

If you cannot follow me, discuss it rationally with me.
If you cannot follow me, vote another player who isn't town.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6995 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:04 am

Post by Egg »

Well if your case is his voting record, I must be scum too because our votes are near identical, at least on Day 1. The no lynch thing was explained. He was frustrated because we weren't getting a lynch through.

I haven't seen a single good point made against him and people have tried. And his reaction to xofelf's claim was definitely "oh shit, someone claimed my role". Like I don't see scum having that reaction. Even if he was scum JOAT, it would make him nervous about claiming it I'd think. You don't want to throw out "one of me/X is scum" if you are scum and that's exactly what he did. I just can't see it. He's obvtown in my eyes which makes Y+B obvtown as well.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6996 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:05 am

Post by Egg »

In post 6994, Birds of Prey wrote:
In post 6990, Egg wrote:Great! But what if I'm townreading both players?

If you cannot follow me, discuss it rationally with me.
If you cannot follow me, vote another player who isn't town.

unvote, vote oversoul
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6997 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:13 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

Wasn't xof lynched for the whole 'there can only be one town JOAT' argument though?
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6998 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:18 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 6997, Lord Mhork wrote:Wasn't xof lynched for the whole 'there can only be one town JOAT' argument though?

No. That's not at all why I wanted her head in a noose.
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6999 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:19 am

Post by Birds of Prey »

I said Oversoul is town Pick someone who isn't town or at least could be scum.

Also, a five second glance knows you were trying to get xoelf lynched. Scum do not stick their neck out in that manner usually. Your passion and drive are what indicate you are likely town despite only lynching scum when you have a guilty on them.

Your explanation on Molla's frustration makes zero sense. He is frustrated he's not getting a lynvh so he argues for a no lynch. That's logically inconsistent. It's like saying I really don't want the opposing team to score in Hockey so we play without a goal keeper.

He should have pushed xoelf hard and the worst case scenario is no lynch. He argues no lynch to be less obvious as Lemni's buddy after the flip.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”