Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 12:57 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Hjallti wrote:So I guess I have to respond to the baseball analogy of Off the Mark, which ends with saying that post 112 made it scummy to him... a vote count? WIDE 1
The vote count part of that post was not what I was referring to, which I think you know.
On strike 1.
I read a game where ~n9v~ lost the game for town by being to overactive as a newbie, I guess the effect of this at the beginning unmotivated pressure on Nekka made him over defensive, as newbies tend to do. I see no proof in his posts that his action do something else than that. Wide 2
I'm struggling to see how your first sentence here relates to the other two, but anyway, this is more defense of Nekka, which I find interesting.
On strike 2.
As being a newbie myself, and still getting adjusted to the pace of the game, it indeed was upsetting to me, that after 20 hours already I got this post, it would have been different if it occured on sunday and monday. wide 3
OK.
On strike 3
You clearly didn't (want to?) get my point on voting you. I am not voting you for having attacked me, as I explained it was not OMGUS, I voted you for having put up the fog argument that I hadn't played in a long time. Your post was scummy objectively, and is the only scum part we have left if we believe Nekka is town.... Wide 4...
The strange part is, you seem to be the only one who thinks Nekka looks less scummy than me. Gee, I wonder why that is.
I think it is rather scummy to misphrase arguments and make them sound different...
Funny you are saying this!! Since you keep misrepresenting my statements regarding my first vote for you. It was simply a vote to prod you into sharing some info, that's ALL. It had nothing to do with you "not playing in a long time". I didn't even look at the timestamps, I just wanted everyone to contribute.

With all that being said, I still find Nekka and Hjallti both equally scummy. But Stewie is right when he says Nekka's vote hopping needs to be addressed. Overall, I think Nekka has committed more scummy actions than Hjallti, so it makes sense he should be pressured. Post 131 makes me VERY comfortable putting my vote on Nekka, so:

unvote:
vote: Nekka-Lucifer

mod: Nekka is voting for me, not CrashTextDummie
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 1:03 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:
I still don't see any 1post proof that I'm mafia.. Either he's extremely lazy (which we know he isn't) or he is the mafia... I don't know who with, could be Hjalti for all I know :P
Oh please - my analysis of your posts can be found throughout the entire thread. There's no need for me to compile one huge-ass post just to say the things I've already said. "Either he's lazy or he's mafia" is a false dichotomy. Post 133 is my analysis of your post 131, which is the main reason I find you so scummy.
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 1:47 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

Post 131.... I was 'kinda' defending Hjalti... I was just entering the possibility that you could be scum... Just because you seem to have 'control' over who thinks what... doesn't rule out that possibility. Plus, Hjalti could be scum, if you give me HARD PROOF, I will vote for him/her.
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 3:25 am

Post by Hjallti »

@ Off the Mark: It seems so akward to me that you still tend to miss the points I'm making, while you are trying to make so much out of them...

First of all, when I realized the game might probably not start before friday 12 am CET (something like 6 am server time) I read the game rules:
- Treat this game as a commitment. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 48 hours, please place a notification in the game thread or by PM to the mod.
Since the game thread was not open yet I PM'd the mod, I'm scummy to you because he forgot about that and told everyone afterwards. Good point Mark

My first sentence in the second part relates to the fact that Nekka's behaviour is rather similar to that of ~N9v~ in the game I referred to, making me believe, just like a lot of others told in the thread already that his behaviour is not 'scummy' but 'newbie', without conclusion between newbie-scum and newbie-town, as far as that part of my logic goes.

The strange part is, you seem to be the only one who thinks Nekka looks less scummy than me. Gee, I wonder why that is.
I don't know what others think, and probably you don't either. 8 of us don't say anything about either of our (your nor mine) scumminess, so your remark seems rather strange.

By the way, you seem to be happy that the discussion revolves over you, me and Nekka.... you seem to be the one reverting all talk from the rest of us...
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 3:28 am

Post by Hjallti »

Oh, by the way, I already explained why I got defensive on the time remarks... if it might be scumtell for experienced players, it isn't for newbies!
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 3:33 am

Post by bobbyplump »

I'm back. Sorry for my absence. No excuses.

I just read the whole dang thing. I don't think NL is mafia. Even noob scum know they shouldn't stick out so badly on the first day.

But Off the Mark is insisting that he knows NL and Hjall are scum. I think he's off the, well, you get the pun. Here's a guy who is convinced of two mafia. Nobody can be that sure of two-thirds of the axis of evil so early.

He's trying to lead the show and force the lynch of an easy scapegoat.

Unvote
Vote: Off The Mark
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 4:27 am

Post by Off the Mark »

OK here's the deal. Either I'm right or I'm wrong. Either way, the town benefits because we will find scum. If I'm right and Nekka is scum, then Hjallti and now possibly bobbyplump are probably scum too. If I'm wrong and Nekka is townie, then I know I am going to look very bad. So then you can lynch me or lynch the guys that agreed with me without saying much else, Lowell and Papaya.

What I'm trying to say is, even if I'm totally off-base, I think I've helped the town with this theory, even if it is just because I helped expose those who are agreeing with what turns out to be a bad idea. :(

I still stand by my analysis, though. NONE of the posters who have said they don't agree with me have addressed Nekka's ridiculous "I respect your opinion but I think you are scum" comment. They have no counter-argument for that because it is a dead giveaway.

I don't mean to "lead" the town to a certain lynch - I've just been a prolific poster throughout this game, so I tend to notice things first and then if people agree with the things I see, then yeah, it looks like I am the leader. But my Hjallti bandwagon didn't get very far and now I have 3 votes against me so my leadership hasn't been all that effective, apparently.

I'm going to try to step into the background for a bit, since it seems my scumhunting is making me appear suspicious to some. Let's see what others have to say.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 5:32 am

Post by Stewie »

I suggest that we lynch the next person who uses a baseball analogy.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 5:36 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Stewie wrote:I suggest that we lynch the next person who uses a baseball analogy.
I think that's a home run idea, Stewie.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 7:19 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Off the Mark wrote:I still stand by my analysis, though. NONE of the posters who have said they don't agree with me have addressed Nekka's ridiculous "I respect your opinion but I think you are scum" comment. They have no counter-argument for that because it is a dead giveaway.
I won't disagree that it's a strange comment, but I don't think it's the hard core solid evidence that you think it is.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 7:38 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I don't think it's hard evidence. We aren't going to get any hard evidence on Day 1. Day 1 lynches are almost always a "best guess" scenario. This is another reason I am suspicious of Nekka - he asked for "HARD PROOF" of Hjallti's scumminess. It's day 1! There's no such thing as "HARD PROOF".

My theory is just a theory - it's a best guess. In the vast majority of games, that's the best you can do on Day 1.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 8:12 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Here's something new and interesting: Aimee is posting in other threads, but she hasn't posted in this one in quite a while.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 8:38 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

@ Off the Mark, the "I respect your opinion but think you are scum," which you paraphrased from:
Nekka-Lucifer wrote: I respect Off the Mark seeing me as pro-town (which I am) but this post makes me think he's scum.
Could be read two ways.
1: (your way) A townie has no reason to respect the opinion of someone he thinks is scum. This is bad logic and bad logic = scum.
2: He is saying it is a good thing that OTM has finally come around and realized he was town, but maybe for that very reason, OTM might be scum. Nothing was really said in absolutes.

Even if interpretation 1 is correct and Nekka was using craplogic, I think by now it's fairly obvious that Nekka-Lucifer rarely thinks before he posts and fallacies (whether scummy or just bumbling) are all over his posts. Why harp on this one? It certainly doesn't seem the slam-dunk you say it is. Once again, it was the slip-up of either a noob mafia or a noob townie, and I'm still inclined to believe townie.

You definitely look overzealous, and that could be cause for suspicion. For now, I'm keeping my vote with Lowell, but IGMEOY.

@CrashTextDummie, would you care to explain what evidence you based your original vote on that seems so irrefutable? Enlighten us, please
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 8:38 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

Off the Mark wrote:I still stand by my analysis, though. NONE of the posters who have said they don't agree with me have addressed Nekka's ridiculous "I respect your opinion but I think you are scum" comment. They have no counter-argument for that because it is a dead giveaway
I don't know why I have to explain myself to scum... but here goes...

I said it because I respect you for saying I'm townie.... But for that, I feel that you are scum defending a townie so if he's lynched... you look good for defending him (me), as mafia normally defend other mafia to lower the odds of them being the mafia to be lynched and lose...

ALSO, while I'm posting, I want to say this is my 1st or 2nd game... I don't know which to class it as
Off the Mark wrote:Here's something new and interesting: Aimee is posting in other threads, but she hasn't posted in this one in quite a while.
That's right... Steer the conversation away from me, you, and Hjalti...
Hjallti wrote:By the way, you seem to be happy that the discussion revolves over you, me and Nekka.... you seem to be the one reverting all talk from the rest of us...
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 8:39 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

lol, nabakov beat me to it.....
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 8:51 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Hjallti wrote: By the way, you seem to be happy that the discussion revolves over you, me and Nekka.... you seem to be the one reverting all talk from the rest of us...
Nekka-Lucifer wrote: That's right... Steer the conversation away from me, you, and Hjalti...
Hmph... can't please anybody around here. :P
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 8:54 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Aimee, care to explain your absence from this thread?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 8:54 am

Post by Off the Mark »

@Nabakov

you're right that could just be logical bumbling - a valid point

I guess it was just the last straw for me, after all his other scumtells and his defense of Hjallti.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 9:22 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Nekka wrote: I said it because I respect you for saying I'm townie.... But for that, I feel that you are scum defending a townie so if he's lynched... you look good for defending him (me), as mafia normally defend other mafia to lower the odds of them being the mafia to be lynched and lose...
*Sigh*... you still don't get it. Let me break it down.

IF you really believe I am mafia, you would NOT respect my opinion about you. Everything you are saying above, after "But for that" has nothing to do with the fact that you are claiming to "respect" me. In fact, it makes it worse. Now you're saying you think I am fake-defending you in order to look good when you are lynched? And yet you respect me for that? Totally illogical. And yet that seems to be your M.O., so who knows.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Stewie »

Off the Mark wrote:This is another reason I am suspicious of Nekka - he asked for "HARD PROOF" of Hjallti's scumminess. It's day 1! There's no such thing as "HARD PROOF".
When he said that, I was going to make a "blood stains with your DNA on the murder weapon" joke, but I realized that there's no dead body yet so that wouldn't have been so funny.

Nabakov: let NL defend himself, please.

Also, a general announcement: go easy on the double posts guys. A few times it's ok, but it tends to get irritating if you do it all the time.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 10:16 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Hey, respect doesn't always come from being a good guy. If the bad guy does his job well, he deserves repect too. Maybe Nekka just thought you were playing it pretty smooth for a mafioso.

But Stewie is kinda right. I shouldn't help N-L out so much. It could look real bad for me if you lynch him and he's scum.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 10:39 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

Off the Mark wrote:
Nekka wrote: I said it because I respect you for saying I'm townie.... But for that, I feel that you are scum defending a townie so if he's lynched... you look good for defending him (me), as mafia normally defend other mafia to lower the odds of them being the mafia to be lynched and lose...
*Sigh*... you still don't get it. Let me break it down.

IF you really believe I am mafia, you would NOT respect my opinion about you. Everything you are saying above, after "But for that" has nothing to do with the fact that you are claiming to "respect" me. In fact, it makes it worse. Now you're saying you think I am fake-defending you in order to look good when you are lynched? And yet you respect me for that? Totally illogical. And yet that seems to be your M.O., so who knows.
Well, kiss my hat and call me Newbie (Don't) I really don't care for OTMs opinions, I'm convinced he's scum!!
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 10:39 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

P.S I barely read your post.....
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by PJ. »

~N9V~ - 1(Aimee)
Lowell - 2(The Highland Sage, NabakovNabakov)
Nekka-Lucifer - 5(Stewie, crashtextdummie, ~N9V~, A Papaya, Off The Mark)
Off The Mark - 3(Hjallti, Nekka-Lucifer, bobbyplump)
Hjallti - 1(Lowell)

With 12 alive, it takes
to lynch.
Last edited by PJ. on Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
A Papaya
A Papaya
Townie
A Papaya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by A Papaya »

Firstly,
Unvote, Vote: N-L

NL has acted scummy far more than Hjallti, IMO. While I do think that Hjallti is most likely scum, NL, IMO, is most certainly scum, so it's a safer bet to lynch him now. NL changes his vote too much and only stopped doing it when people said it looked suspicious...also, he keeps trying to do whatever he can to change the subject by attacking someone else instead of giving a valid argument to prove that he isn't scum. Also, you keep saying that you're pro town without baking it up, as if you repeat it enough times, it will become true.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”