Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by Elyse »

I could be reading this wrong.

Juls, are you saying that once someone is at L-1, everyone must choose a player (it can be anyone) to kill, and we flush out the vig that way? Or are you saying that we get someone to L-1, and everyone says kill: player at L-1 to flush it out?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by Juls »

The first one.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by Elyse »

Ok then yeah I think that's good.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I had actually inferred that it was the second one, on the grounds that it forces scum to use the dayvig in a pro-town manner.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:24 pm

Post by burn_209 »

Yea Juls I thought you were talking about the later scenario. That is better than what i thought you meant
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:30 pm

Post by Iecerint »

It doesn't really matter if we know how the vig was really. It's not as if alignment affects who got the vig (as far as we know), and I'm sure town will claim it after the fact either way.

w/e tho.
Gemini Blind
Gemini Blind
Townie
Gemini Blind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:32 am

Post by Gemini Blind »

I think we should use the vig as a "second lynch" for the town. Can the scum influence it? Sure. But the scum can influence a lynch in the same way.

If the scum has the dayvig power. They either have to use it on someone who the town wants to dayvig or risk outing themselves because they don't kill that person. (If we all say Kill: Soinso with Soinso being the chosen person for the second lynch.
If the scum has the dayvig power and we let the go nuts with it, we're almost guaranteed a townie is shot. We can mitigate that risk somewhat by controlling it like we would an ordinary lynch.

Yes we risk shooting a townie, but I'd rather take the risk than almost guarantee a townie is shot.

-Rolls
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:45 am

Post by RedCoyote »

When the mighty Lion enters center stage, everyone notices. This dramatic, creative, and outgoing sign has the keyword magnetism for good reason. Fiery and self-assured, a Leo's charm can be almost impossible to resist. Whether it's time spent with family and friends or efforts on the job scene, a Leo is going to bring a lot to the table.

Leo's lucky numbers today: 38, 26, 16, 8, 18, 44

"I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself. " - ♌ Aldous Huxley

Vote Count 1 - 3

• Witness Protection (4) (♒ PeregrineV - ♍ Iecerint - ♓ Nachomamma8 - ♐ Xayzeck)

burn_209 (3) (♎ Salamence20 - ♋ Juls - ♊ Gemini Blind)
    Salamence20 (2) (♑ StrangerCoug -
    ♏ burn_209
    - ♌ Dry-fit)
    Xayzeck (2) (♈ Witness Protection - ♉ Elyse)
    Juls (1) (♏ burn_209)
    PeregrineV (0) (
    ♊ Gemini Blind
    )

Not Voting (0) (
    ♋ Juls
    -
    ♐ Xayzeck
    )

With twelve alive, it takes seven to lynch.
Current Deadline:
(expired on 2014-09-08 15:35:00)
Last edited by RedCoyote on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:51 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Hi all, I've had some shit happen to me yesterday and I'm not in the right sense to play mafia right now. I'd replace out but RC is my friend and I don't want to fuck a good friend over. So give me a day or two and I'll catchup.

My appologies
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 86, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 84, Dry-fit wrote:My point would be just as valid even if this was an open game. I'm not just talking about speculation but strategizing instead of scumhunting as well.

Why would it be a scumtell to strategize? You expect the town to screw itself over? Is that what I'm supposed to be getting?

It's a scumtell because in my experience scum is more likely to talk exclusively about strategy in the early game. Why that is I'm not sure. It may be rolefising. It may be trying to look protown without taking any actual stances. In any case it's not strategizing in itself that's scummy. It's making strategizing te entirety or almost the entirety of your play.

Why is there a Witness Protection wagon again?
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

horoscope says today is my motherfucking day so please pay extra attention to everything that i'm saying por favor
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 83, Gemini Blind wrote:From my point of view, we are town, so if the mafia has it I want to know about it. If town has it, I don't really need to know about it, but it's not something I want to be worrying about on D3-D4 if the person who held it got killed N1 for instance.

^this is all i give a shit about + giving a person about to be shot getting a chance to claim before they die
we can do juls's thing if someone refuses to shoot before a reasonable time but I'd be surprised if that happened
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 109, Dry-fit wrote:Why is there a Witness Protection wagon again?

I'm voting him for his vote for Xayzeck.

Which. That's his whole iso.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:38 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

TOWN:

StrangerCoug: Coug seems pretty aggressive and loudly town, shouldn't take too much explanation to get that through. Tone such as the tone thrown out in #86 is the type that I'd be pretty surprised if SC could replicate it as scum, it's the shining bright townie example of being aggressive for aggressive's sake and not giving a shit whose toes you trample on.

Xayzeck: Aside from the stream of consciousness posting which Xayzeck is already pretty talented at pulling off, I especially like the way he's approaching the wagon on him. As scum, RVS wagons can be difficult to navigate because they're so incredibly volatile and can rise or fall in a heartbeat. I feel like scumXay wouldn't want to approach that RVS wagon in the way he did (aka questioning everyone with a stance that matters) because he wouldn't want to poke that kind of beast as aggressively as he did as scum: and even if you lack that, I think questioning people on their townreads on you when you're under fire is a pretty good townread in and of itself, so.

Juls: There hasn't been much content admittedly (but in 5 pages I don't expect content to be bleeding out of all of the pages), but I like the daykill theory that she has talked about and I like the immediate out as non-dayvig. Now, I don't think being logical and making sense in a theory discussions matters at all alignment-wise but what Juls showed that no one else managed to encapsulate was effort, and that means a lot to me. It shows that she's putting effort into something that either A) fucks up plans if her buddy has the dayvig or B) makes a lot of unnecessary complications if her scumbuddy doesn't have it (aka gains her team nothing). I would like to challenge her on her "feels townie but isn't townie" comment because I'm with her on StrangerCoug feeling townie but don't understand how that suddenly translates to him not being townie.

LEAN TOWN:

PeregrineV: For me, the best thing in Peregrine's ISO is his Witness Protection vote. Not only do I feel it's probably going to hit scum, but I also think it's unlikely for Peregrine to forge his own way as scum (and such an odd own way, at that). The state of the game when Peregrine was going through the game left him in a unique position to pretty easily hop on a hypoXaytown wagon

SCUM:

Witness Protection: When I talked about how town Peregrine was based on timing, this is the flipside of the coin I was talking about. This was the type of vote that generally seemed like an attempt to convert the RVS Xay wagon to something serious or just continuing the momentum towards that lynch. I'm less excited about the vote since he seems to have flaked ( :( ).

Salamence20: Generally, whenever someone who I'd expect to at least be a presence is lacking AND their giving excuses, I check activity elsewhere. In this case, I found Salamence was generally more engaged pretty much everywhere else but here, which is strange because this game is lacking a lot of those red flags which generally cause inactivity (giant game, dense game, difficult to work with personalities), and his content is shit, to say the least. Dry said earlier that he would be picking on those who focused too heavily on theory, which is something I agree with when it follows so closely with scum motivation like this ISO seems to. #27 is a glorified prod dodge, #51 and related posts just seemed like Salamence picking on logic because it's something to post as opposed to the vote+pushes that literally everyone else made.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:45 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

my horoscope gave me energy to do that but i don't think i have too much in me guys

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:46 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

a block a way from ludis park el camino parked
in her heart she hate it there, but in her mind she made it where
nothing really matters, so she hit the back seat
rosa parks never a factor when she's makin ends meet

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:47 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

ok let's fucking go

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:57 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Gemini Blind:
So I read this game recently modded by Thesp where in moderator comments he basically called STD the towniest town ever to towned, and I see why even though I'm sure that fire hasn't blazed as hard as it could have because this game is weighed down a bit by theory theory theory (which could be why Salamence is lurking maybe but that doesn't make sense considering he contributed to it), but #93 is pretty nice tonally because holy shit the conviction. And it wouldn't normally be a towntell, but that type of conviction in this type of situation (talked about in the Juls townread)? Nah. I like his brother when he posts (aka nothing transparently scummy), especially since he seems to be a bit more inclined to prod at people and cares less about theory than STD does, but needs more posts.

Fixed tags.
Last edited by RedCoyote on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Dry-Fit leans town because he has a tendency to cut through the bullshit and could happily focus on all the theory AND I like where his vote ended up, but that's one of those "based on hypothetical things" thus lean town.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:59 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

fuck me elyse is my last scumread of the group
think burn is p town and iec is lean town

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:00 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

hqappiest killing wp or salamence

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:00 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

probably mostest happiest killing salamence

Vote: Salamence

Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:39 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 119, Nachomamma8 wrote:fuck me elyse is my last scumread of the group
think burn is p town and iec is lean town

are these independent or did you PoE some of em out
GMT+8
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

independent

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

just conclusions lazily reached

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”