inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2007 6:38 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

pete d wrote:
pete d wrote:@Inhim: mind explaining "scummy mediating"? It seems like a sketchy term to use.
Ha, I make up terms all the time, though this is one of my favorites. "Scummy mediating" is a more active form of fence-sitting. Fence-sitting is fairly passive, apathetic play while being a mediator requires some more dialogue. Up through what I had read at the time, I think you ran back and forth about opening Day 1 bandwagon votes being helpful to questioning the Southpaw bandwagon's direction. To those saying I "refused" to answer this question, I am very adamant when I replace into a game with my first read-through. pete d's question was posed to me on the most recent page, and I had stopped short of that when I left off a couple days ago.

The Fonz, you called my arguments crap, but went on to answer my questions, indicating that they are indeed valid. The "someone" I have referenced did not point to CES, else I would have said "CES." Vocal players do exert more pressure on the less active, and I still feel that your arguments about lynching CES had the ulterior motive of outing the Doc, one way another (by lynch or by claim).

Ha, and there you go with backing up pete d again.
a) he pressed the scummy Thorgot
You shifted the load that you were bearing for pete d right on top of Thorgot. As you can tell, I don't always hunt after the explicit. The implications of a couple of The Fonz's posts have been to shun people from attacking pete d.

One more thing you said that bugged me, The Fonz:
and attacks the one person who made the case against his predecessor
I attacked you because I think you're scummy. I'm not going to even attempt to explain any of SweeneyTodd's actions, and if you expect me to do so, I'd call that unrealistic and even scummy. I didn't even read Todd's posts unless I needed to for context. But this paragraph is becoming more meta than I'd like so I think it's at a fine ending point.

Gorckat, sorry that you feel that the most lovable of inHims is trying to buy you over; I'll say it again: I agree.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2007 9:47 pm

Post by The Fonz »

inHimshallibe wrote:
pete d wrote:
pete d wrote:@Inhim: mind explaining "scummy mediating"? It seems like a sketchy term to use.
Ha, I make up terms all the time, though this is one of my favorites. "Scummy mediating" is a more active form of fence-sitting. Fence-sitting is fairly passive, apathetic play while being a mediator requires some more dialogue. Up through what I had read at the time, I think you ran back and forth about opening Day 1 bandwagon votes being helpful to questioning the Southpaw bandwagon's direction. To those saying I "refused" to answer this question, I am very adamant when I replace into a game with my first read-through. pete d's question was posed to me on the most recent page, and I had stopped short of that when I left off a couple days ago.
Thankyou.
The Fonz, you called my arguments crap, but went on to answer my questions, indicating that they are indeed valid. The "someone" I have referenced did not point to CES, else I would have said "CES." Vocal players do exert more pressure on the less active, and I still feel that your arguments about lynching CES had the ulterior motive of outing the Doc, one way another (by lynch or by claim).
I responded to them because CES asked me 'Why do you find InHim's arguments crap?' What was I supposed to do there? Look, I think I've been clear enough that I thought that if someone else is the doc, counterclaiming today is the worst possible outcome. There's not really any more to be said on the matter.
Ha, and there you go with backing up pete d again.
a) he pressed the scummy Thorgot
You shifted the load that you were bearing for pete d right on top of Thorgot. As you can tell, I don't always hunt after the explicit. The implications of a couple of The Fonz's posts have been to shun people from attacking pete d.
No, I was explaining why I thought your arguments were crap, in response to CES' question. Hence, it made sense to explain
why
I found pete d townish. Also, what do you mean by 'the load I was bearing for pete d?'
One more thing you said that bugged me, The Fonz:
and attacks the one person who made the case against his predecessor
I attacked you because I think you're scummy. I'm not going to even attempt to explain any of SweeneyTodd's actions, and if you expect me to do so, I'd call that unrealistic and even scummy. I didn't even read Todd's posts unless I needed to for context. But this paragraph is becoming more meta than I'd like so I think it's at a fine ending point.
I'm not expecting you to personally defend Sweenytodd's actions. But the fact remains, I found him scummy, and by attempting to discredit me you discredit the case I had been building against him before he was replaced, without actively having to defend him. It's a clever form of OMGUS.

As for 'I'm attacking you because I find you scummy' that's surely true if you're town and not if you're scum, so doesn't really add much. FWIW, I'm attacking you because I find both you and ST scummy.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 7:06 am

Post by gorckat »

unvote

vote: kilmenator

Fonz, 104 wrote:That said, no reason to disbelieve the doc claim.
kilm's 5th wrote:At this point though, I think Dodgy was the doc, and we will find out tonight, because I am sure that scum will make him their target tonight if he is truly the doc, at this point we need to focus our attention elsewhere.
Fonz, post 183 overall wrote:1. I do not propose that he is doc who retracted a claim, I propose that as of right now, I don't know what the hell he is, but the mafia probably do.

I wouldn't even put it past dodgy that he might have been a different powerrole. Think about it, if he's trying to screw the town, and hence me, what better than to get one powerrole lynched and the other outed day one? The best case scenario right now for town is him dying night one.

If he survives, we're in the same confusing position we are in now. Like i said before, WIFOM central.
kilm's 6th post wrote:I agree that if he is not scum he will not die tonight, but I also like the "lynch all liars rule" if he is now claiming vanilla, he is basically playing head games with us.
kilmenator follows Fonz pretty well here. pete had pointed out these two posts of kilm's earlier suspecting something, but not much came of it. In my reread today, they stood out.

I know it delves into the whole claim retraction thing, but I think more telling is that kilm is making predictions of scum targets both ways. I did it as a noob scum, and while kilm is no noob, I think it might have some meat on its bones.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by kilmenator »

Yeah, I echo him because it is likely what scum will do if he is the doc. And you are right, I am no noob so why would I do noobish things?
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 3:10 pm

Post by gorckat »

So why the change from he'll get lynched to they'll let him live?
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 3:10 pm

Post by gorckat »

EBWOP: That should be NK'd, not lynched.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 5:43 pm

Post by pete d »

inhim wrote:Up through what I had read at the time, I think you ran back and forth about opening Day 1 bandwagon votes being helpful to questioning the Southpaw bandwagon's direction.
So... do you still think that?

*cough* bump *cough*
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 10:12 am

Post by The Fonz »

Anyone else got any dry, bland, generic, and yet at the same time original and insightful readings on the game thus far?
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by gorckat »

Original? Hmmm...Maybe its 11 SKs and a single Townie...Gives me about a 1 in 10 (off the cuff) chance of seeing tomorrow...

Insightful? Who hasn't posted in the third longest time? My bet (off the cuff, again) is that they're scum that decided to lay low after a few others faded...
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

There are at least 4 people who need replacements. I am trying my hardest.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by gorckat »

Wow- here's my review (using last post date before today):

Southpaw 5-2
Sweenytodd 5-3
thorgot 5-16
pete d 5-17
dom:inc 5-17
superstring91 5-17
Dasquian 5-20
CogitoErgoSum 5-20
Eletriar 5-22
gorckat 5-24
kilmenator 5-24
The Fonz 5-24

Therefore, thorgot
must
, without a single doubt, be scum...

He keeps popping up on my radar, joke logic included:

vote: thorgot
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 9:31 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Technically, it should be pete d since Sweenytodd is now inHimshallibe ;p However, in a game going about as turgid as a milk left out on a summer's day, I'm all for giving anyone who posts even semi-regularly a free pass.

So yes, please, more votes on thorgot :)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:14 am

Post by gorckat »

I knew something was off about Sweeney not posting that long and I now remember I had meant to send a PM to TSQ asking if he could update the first post because I got really confused in a re-read last week.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 3:56 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Unvote, vote: thorgot
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 4:25 am

Post by gorckat »

Thestatusquo wrote:There are at least 4 people who need replacements. I am trying my hardest.
How'd I miss that after I posted before and after it?

The
goggles
glasses! They do nothing!
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 5:17 am

Post by kilmenator »

Im still here, busy... will post maybe tonight or tomorrow..
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 9:25 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Off the Mark replaces thorgot! REJOICE!

Also, VOTECOUNT:

The fonz: 1 (string)
Off the mark: 3(dasq ces Gorckat)

inhim: 1 (off the mark)
Kilmentator: 1 (Pete d)
Pete d 1 (Inhim)
Eletriar 1 (the fonz)

12 alive, still 7 to do the deed. Still searching for more replacements.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Haha, hi everybody. I read through this game already, knowing I was going to be replacing into it. I decided I was most suspicious of thorgot and kilmenator. Then I got the replacement PM and guess what - I'm thorgot!! :shock: And I'm innocent! :? So it looks like I'm in a pickle, eh?

Basically, it seems like the main reasons thorgot has garnered suspicion is for lurking and failing to take a strong position. Well, give me a chance to rectify that before you string me up please.

For most of my read-thru the game, I really didn't like The Fonz's accusations and especially when he was pushing CES to role-claim. I think that situation is better left alone, for the good of the town. But the more I read, I just really doubted a scum would come out swinging like Fonz has done on day 1 and so clearly pushing to seek out and lynch scum. We are getting into WIFOM territory here, I know, but if Fonz is scum, he is doing an excellent impression of an aggressive townie.

The player who is consistently showing up on my scumdar is kilmenator. She has not posted a lot of content and when she does, her suspicions tend to run counter to my own, so that is where I am most comfortable placing my vote.

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 10:48 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

@ The Fonz: you're answering questions better than I think scum would at the moment, so for this Day I'm going to have to let you sit on the back burner.

@ pete d: what was said on those first few pages haven't changed, have they? Yes, I still think shady stuff was happening there early on.

But.

I think this Day has ran its course.

unvote; vote: kilmenator
- I like this vote better than the other, but with fair warning, I'll hammer Off the Mark.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

pie_is_good replaces southpaw

His finals are in a week, but after that he'll be here. Don't expect any sort of deadline till he starts posting in earnest.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 1:09 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

IH REPLACES DOM: INC
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by IH »

Sweet, hi all rereading.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 9:38 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Unvote
. I wanted to know why thorgot was posting so little, and now I guess I'll never know. But that's not anything his replacement can help with, so no reason to keep the vote there.

FOS: CES for doing a contentless vote - even though I encouraged it, I think all votes deserve some kind of explanation.
FOS: inHimshallibe for two things in his last post - conceding suspicion of The Fonz straight after Off the Mark staked his claim in the "aggressive townie" camp (seems like scummy back-peddling), and trying to hustle us towards a final lynch with "I think this Day has ran its course."

Vote: inHimshallibe
actually, though I want to hear what the replacements have to say.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
superstring91
superstring91
Goon
superstring91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 8:17 am

Post by superstring91 »

kilm is at the top of my list right now.
along with ces

kilm is echoing fonz, and not giving a whole lot of content.

ces just isn't giving content

id like to see pressure on them, and the one with the most votes presently is kilm

so,
vote:kilmenator
We've got him now! There's no escape from the airport!

gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 8:46 am

Post by gorckat »

OTM wrote:I read through this game already, knowing I was going to be replacing into it. I decided I was most suspicious of thorgot and kilmenator.
Where there's smoke, there's fire.

But- let's go to five since things are rolling again and my follow-up question was ignored when kilm touched base.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”