Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 5:37 am

Post by Jack »

Glork wrote:
Jack wrote:
Glork wrote:I'm not in favor of a meta-lynch of BM either. I'm in favor of getting him to adapt his playstyle so that he isn't practically
always
an immediate suspect
Frankly I don't see why he
is
always an immediate suspect and such people are useful as scum-bait anyway. The town just has to be smart enough to not speed lynch them.
...which, I will note, we didn't do. (Speed-lynch BM, that is.)

But no, I agree with TCS that it tends to be distracting much more often than helpful. Your suspicion of me, as far as I can tell, stems from our difference in philosophies regarding this matter. Stating that you disagree with my stance/points on a general metagame topic does not equate to thinking somebody is scum.
I said I "didn't find you pro townie" so it was more of a feeling based on your posts. It's not more than a feeling because I can't reread (at work). Same goes for those other questions. I got the feeling you were faking your suspicions like scum do.

-
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 5:40 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Glork wrote:Heh. We seem to be having a fundamental breakdown in communication, Albert.

Why did you not pursue more information regarding
Johhan
and choose to go after somebody
who was being suspected by somebody else
?
Double-posted that last one.

I don't want to bandwagon, bandwagonning is the means I use to gain information, being the end.

Also, how can I pursue it if he is inactive...?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 5:51 am

Post by Jack »

I also get a scum distancing feel from Albert and Glork.

Don't you just love gut based accusations :P
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 6:26 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Mod: Vote Count needed
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 6:29 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Dear Sirs-

A votecount is on the way. Please don't ask for 2 votecounts within 3 hours of each other. People on the east coast work at this time.

With that being said, vote count incoming.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 6:34 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Okay, Sorry, I didnt know they had to be 3 hours apart.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 6:56 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

No. They should be a day apart. Sometimes, we have things, like work, and we're unable to count a page and a half worth of votes. I'm sure you could have, though :)
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 6:58 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Vote Count:

Albert B. Rampage- 6 (HackerHuck, Johhan, ~N9V~, Shteven, TCS, Yogurt Bandit)
BattleMage- 4 (Hautboy, HungryJoe, BBB, Guardian)
HungryJoe- 2 (Glork, Albert B. Rampage)
Yogurt Bandit- 2 (Jack, BattleMage)
Guardian- 1 (MBL)
Johhan- 1 (Nik Zero)

Not voting (2): Coron, Billy Twilight

10 to lynch.
beanbagboy
beanbagboy
Goon
beanbagboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 7:55 am

Post by beanbagboy »

Er... wow. This town is... wagony. If I seem new, I've never done normal games before, only minis, so I might seem distant, sorry.

Unvote
, there are too many people too close to being lynched.
Meh... I got distracted by something shiny, leaving MS. Possibly returnage soonfuls.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 9:54 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

@ Beanbag: I wouldn't be worried about risking untimely lynchings until the votecount is about eight.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by Shteven »

Agreed, TCS. I'm on the largest wagon, and I don't really see albert as being in too much risk. Some general ramblings:

Albert, keep in mind that some of us aren't regulars. I'm not in 4 games right now, and I've never played with you. I don't spend much time on this site, and there is absolutely no way I am going to go read your previous games to hope to pick up some hint as to if you are being "usually scummy". My vote on you was mostly random, but as of now, it's still feeling quite correct.

Jack already beat me to it, but I also feel that Glork's being slightly subversive. Of course, he may just be on a whole other level, but take it for it's worth. In most games it seems like everyone's scum to me. Of the really common posters, only TCS seems pro-town. It could be easily faked, but he seems the most calm and controlled. Again, I haven't read his past games and this may just be how he always is.

And I don't have much of a read on the lurkers, of course. I am trying to not be a lurker myself, but this thread moves quite fast ;)

For now, I'm keeping my vote on Albert.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Post by Glork »

Shteven/Jack: If you could quote exactly which posts/lines you find off-base and
why
you don't like them, then perhaps I could actually respond to your inklings.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

All the votes on the Vote Count are scattered.. I predict there will not be a lynch until page 15 and beyond..

Glork, What is an Inkling?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 1:47 pm

Post by Jack »

Glork wrote:Shteven/Jack: If you could quote exactly which posts/lines you find off-base and
why
Why are you so eager to?
beanbagboy
beanbagboy
Goon
beanbagboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by beanbagboy »

Jack, I assume it's so he can analyze them. Would you like him to accept people who don't support their claims? [/rhetoricalquestion]

8. Good to know. Either way, I don't really know who to vote for, BM and AR are both acting scummy, but metagamingly they ALWAYS do this.
Meh... I got distracted by something shiny, leaving MS. Possibly returnage soonfuls.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Jack wrote:
Glork wrote:Shteven/Jack: If you could quote exactly which posts/lines you find off-base and
why
Why are you so eager to?
Jack, Why wouldn't he? He deserves an answer for your suspicion. Its not like you dont have a reason.

Eager? He just wants the info.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 4:39 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

YogurtBandit wrote:All the votes on the Vote Count are scattered.. I predict there will not be a lynch until page 15 and beyond..

This is a scummy post.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 6:42 pm

Post by Shteven »

Glork, sadly it's mostly just a feeling. Most of the arguments are quite WIFOM, in fact. If I was going to pick anything in particular, I'd say #1 is the large annoying red text on page 2. Seemed afraid. Perhaps you are simply more frustrated, but it makes me think you have something to hide. #2 would be the early vote on MBL (random, nothing unusual) but then followed by tons of postings without any vote change. Are you still pushing for MBL? You haven't mentioned anything about him for several pages. Are you waiting for something else to come along?

I'm still favoring an Albert lynch over a Glork lynch, but it's a FNOS (fingernail-OS).
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
HungryJoe
HungryJoe
Goon
HungryJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 7:46 pm

Post by HungryJoe »

Well, I can see that in my absence, I've been accused. Interesting, no? Well, let's go backwards in time a moment:
Glork wrote:I'm not in favor of a meta-lynch of BM either. I'm in favor of getting him to adapt his playstyle so that he isn't practically
always
an immediate suspect
Now, you're saying I shouldn't vote/not vote for metagame reasons, then? Good! Because BM is acting quite suspiciously, and I stated so! I think this is the way he plays in every game, but I'm trying not to metagame this, and go with what I'm seeing in this game.
HungryJoe wrote:Well, BM, I hate to be harsh on you in both games, but you're kind of bringing it upon yourself here.
Silly ole' BM wrote:dont change what he said Glork. he said he expected you to play well here as town. i dont know why you are defending him, when his obvious intention was to set you up for a lynch tomorrow.
trying to get him off the hook on semantics is a poor show... Rolling Eyes
I think you're trying to take this joke way too seriously to be a pleasant vanilla townie here. I think it might behoove you to make a defense here, rather than attack, so that I might have a reason to take this off you...
Vote : BM
Now, what I'm actually saying here is that I'm in two games with BM, both of which I'm highly suspicious of him being scum in. In both games, he acts like bad scum, then refuses to set up a solid defense. I'm rather frustrated honestly, and I just want him to do something for the town, if he's a townie. I mean, even scum should realize they need to try and defend themselves a little. It's just... exasperating.

In fact, you said yourself, Glork:
Glork wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:lol i seem to be getting more and more games like this.
This is a sign that you should probably be doing something about your gameplay.
But this is still metagaming, and it doesn't rule out that he could be acting this way because he's actually scum.

And what's this:
Glork wrote:As frustrated as I am with BM, I don't like the speed with which this wagon has grown. I'm going to take aim and
Unvote, Vote: HungryJoe
for his behavior regarding BM.
You pick me, out of the many who are on BM,
including you
, when there are quite obviously better targets. In fact, I actually put up a REASON.

These two votes are far more suspicious than my own, for instance:
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
unvote, vote:Battle Mage

Might as well get it over with today.
YogurtBandit wrote:
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
unvote, vote:Battle Mage

Might as well get it over with today.
You are right, and after reading his scumtell,

Vote:Battle Mage

Might as well join on the Wagon :P
Basically, you brought no argument to your vote for BM, then voted for me when I had actually brought a reason to the fight. In fact between you and Albert, who follows you without doubt:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Vote: HungryJoe

I'm uneasy with a BM vote, and the only other bandwagon is on me, so let's see if HJ can defend himself against Glork's arguments.

Maybe Glork can expand on HJ's behavior ?
...even when
there is no argument from you.

I find both of your attacks quite suspect right now, although still not as bad as BM. So, my vote on BM stays, because I am not frivolous with my votes, and actually believe he is scum.
I will however, lay down
FoS : Glork, Albert
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 8:40 pm

Post by Glork »

Jack wrote:
why
Why are you so eager to?
Because I often see bogus wagons spring up this way. Two or three players get "feelings" or "vibes." Somebody else (a scumbag) decides to "agree." The wagonee asks why, and is suspicious for wanting to know the case against him, instead of pre-emptively answering that undefined case.
You seem to be doing all the legwork yourself though, this time. Would you rather I just skip straight to voting for you?

In other news....
Shteven: I have no idea what you're talking about re:#2. I moved my vote from MBL to BM on Page 3, and from BM to HungryJoe since then. I have also FoS'd Albert in the process. Pay attention. *Smack*

HungryJoe: If you were paying attention, my vote for Battle Mage was essentially for the same reasons that you voted for him. I found his attack on Guardian to be horribly overstated, and he was trying to justify it to an unreasonable degree.
In the meantime, I will note that I have, in the past, jumped from somebody I was attacking straight onto somebody else on that same wagon. The most recent example I can think of is McDonald's Mafia, in which the town was also very bandwagonny early in the game. I went from Amb (Traitor Scum) to DoS (Scum) because I didn't like the way that DoS jumped on the Ambwagon --
even though I already suspected Amb for my own reasons.
So, while you may not like what I did here, I don't think you have evidence to back that up as a scumtell... whereas I *do* have evidence to back it up as being consistent with pro-town Glork.
I will furthermore point out that just because a player gives a reason for voting somebody does
NOT
automatically make them less likely to be scum. You seem to be implying the opposite. In fact, I would argue that in a significant percentage of cases, people who throw on supplementary, or additional weak reasons are scumbags who join the wagon, hoping to fan the flames against their victims.

HungryJoe's FoSes of me and Albert seem too OMGUSy for my liking. My vote stands as is.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 9:30 pm

Post by Guardian »

Nothing substantive has happened for me to comment on imo.
Wagon BM please, my reason is in my prior post.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 11:55 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
YogurtBandit wrote:All the votes on the Vote Count are scattered.. I predict there will not be a lynch until page 15 and beyond..

This is a scummy post.
^This
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 12:44 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Anyone else think Hungry Joe was over-defending a little much?
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 1:42 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

MrBuddyLee wrote:

This is a scummy post.
May I ask Why?

Also,
Unvote, H.O.S: Bm, Albert(Hand of suspicon)

They keep jumping around, like they go back and forth.If I didnt know of their previous games, they would certainly still have votes, But Meta Gamingly, It just doesnt seem like the right thing to do. I gave them the Hand because again, I have played some games with them, and I've heard about their Scummy behavior.

HungryJoe, Post 168 was all quotes about Stuff against Glork, Or Pepole voting Bm.The Glork reasons were solid, The info was good yet I feel the need for more answers from that post.So, here come some questions.
HJ wrote:I think this is the way he plays in every game, but I'm trying not to metagame this, and go with what I'm seeing in this game.
What have you seen so far?
Hj, Regarding BM wrote:I mean, even scum should realize they need to try and defend themselves a little.
Why? Do you think it makes Scum look bad? Maybe only Scum Would think about that...
HJ wrote:You pick me, out of the many who are on BM, including you, when there are quite obviously better targets. In fact, I actually put up a REASON.
This I can agree with.Glork also gave a reason though. Did You ask Glork what your behavior regarding Bm was?

No more questions for me.
Shteven wrote:FNOS (fingernail-OS).
Hand of Suspicion > FingerNail of suspicion. :P
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 2:20 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ill field this one. it sounds scummy, because you are evidently focussing on the actual votes cast, rather than your own opinions on who is scum. you seem not to care who is lynched, as long as someone is, even going as far to estimate when a lynch will occur. it just seems an unhelpful comment that i cant imagine a protown player saying.
BM

YogurtBandit wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:

This is a scummy post.
May I ask Why?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”