beanbagboy
Goon
beanbagboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by beanbagboy »

Are you... supporting your own wagon? O.o

Also, BM, what the hell was that? Move to the... scumbag with the largest wagon? I'm sorry, that's too much.
Unvote, Vote: BM
Meh... I got distracted by something shiny, leaving MS. Possibly returnage soonfuls.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

beanbagboy wrote:Are you... supporting your own wagon? O.o

Also, BM, what the hell was that? Move to the... scumbag with the largest wagon? I'm sorry, that's too much.
Unvote, Vote: BM
I dont know, was I supporting my wagon? O.O
beanbagboy
beanbagboy
Goon
beanbagboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by beanbagboy »

You're defending me jumping on your wagon. That's... strange...
Meh... I got distracted by something shiny, leaving MS. Possibly returnage soonfuls.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

beanbagboy wrote:You're defending me jumping on your wagon. That's... strange...
No, I thought Jack was jumping to conclusions to quickly.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Official Day One Vote Count: #4

Battle Mage – 6 – Glork, BillyTwilight, Haut Boy, HungryJoe, The Central Scrutinizer, beanbagboy
Albert B. Rampage – 4 – HackerHuck, Johhan, ~N9V~, Shteven

Johhan – 2 – Albert B. Rampage, Nik Zero
YogurtBandit – 2 – Jack, Battle Mage

~N9V~ - 1 – Guardian
Guardian – 1 – MrBuddyLee

With
alive, it takes
to lynch!

Not Voting – 2 – Coron, YogurtBandit
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 3:46 pm

Post by Glork »

As frustrated as I am with BM, I don't like the speed with which this wagon has grown. I'm going to take aim and
Unvote, Vote: HungryJoe
for his behavior regarding BM.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 5:45 pm

Post by BillyTwilight »

Unvote
. Yogurt, the post combination of #'s 85 and 99 makes my hair stand on end. Since the only thing that BM did between those two posts was vote for you and continue his feud with TCS, can you please tell me how he became "protown" in that time frame? And why the IGMEOY for Jack?
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Oed' und leer das Meer.[/i]

Und sagt die Zauberw├â┬Ârter Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim
HungryJoe
HungryJoe
Goon
HungryJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 9:16 pm

Post by HungryJoe »

Actually, I was also wondering why that was, Yogurt.

As for Glork: BM really has been a bit odd here, you've got to admit. But, the more I read other games he's in, the uneasier I get with his playstyle. Regardless of whether or not he's mafia/town, he really just LOOKS like really bad scum, I think.

Nonetheless, I still consider him the most suspicious, if only because in this game he's adopted a 'Go ahead! Kill me!" posture, which I don't think a townie would do, honestly. So your slap is noted, Glork, but ignored until BM does something like defend himself, or at least look like some kind of townie to me.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 10:23 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

have you ever read a game in which i was scum?
(bearing in mind there have only been 2 on this site)

HungryJoe wrote:Actually, I was also wondering why that was, Yogurt.

As for Glork: BM really has been a bit odd here, you've got to admit. But, the more I read other games he's in, the uneasier I get with his playstyle. Regardless of whether or not he's mafia/town, he really just LOOKS like really bad scum, I think.

Nonetheless, I still consider him the most suspicious, if only because in this game he's adopted a 'Go ahead! Kill me!" posture, which I don't think a townie would do, honestly. So your slap is noted, Glork, but ignored until BM does something like defend himself, or at least look like some kind of townie to me.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 10:26 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

have you considered the possibility that my gameplay, which you so often say distracts from lynching the actual scum, would work better if you STOPPED DRAWING ATTENTION TO ME SO POINTLESSLY.
i mean lets face it, i may look scummy in lots of games where i am town, but srsly, its rather hypocritical to say that i distract the town, when it is the people who pounce on such logic that distract the town.
:roll:

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:aww why do you hate me TCS?
is it coz i can read you like a book? ;)
note, i do find Guardians departure from the hot wagon a bit scummy. enough to keep my vote on, until TCS responds to my question at least.
I answered the only question I saw from you already. Which one do you want answered.

And no, I don't hate you because you can read me, although I admit you have called my scum twice now. I dislike you because your gameplay is anti-town, even if you are town.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 12:22 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

But see, when you pull out arguments like, "I act scummy when I'm town," you're implying that you're town in this game. I just can't stomach that play, even if it's you. Either you're going to have to learn to not make that terrible argument, or I'm going to keep voting for you. It's that simple.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 1:41 am

Post by Glork »

Battle Mage wrote:have you considered the possibility that my gameplay, which you so often say distracts from lynching the actual scum, would work better if you STOPPED DRAWING ATTENTION TO ME SO POINTLESSLY.
i mean lets face it, i may look scummy in lots of games where i am town, but srsly, its rather hypocritical to say that i distract the town, when it is the people who pounce on such logic that distract the town.
Most mafia players will always attack players whom they believe are acting scummy. I remember going after Twomz in like every game I played with him, because his play was just... scummy. You're acting as though, because you choose to be scummy, every other player should cater to your playstyle; that should never happen, and it's just not going to.

Scummy play is bad for the town.
Deliberately scummy play is worse for the town.
Thus, any good town will try to weed out scummy play.

Since you ADMIT that you act scummy as town, you must be willing to ACCEPT that you will be attacked in basically every game you play. Do not try to pass everyone else off as being hypocritical. This is not a town with 6 or 8 or however-many-votes-and-FoSes-you-got hypocrites in it. It's a town with people who see somebody
acting like they are idiotic scum
, and are taking action against the percieved scumbag.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 1:45 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Vote: HungryJoe

I'm uneasy with a BM vote, and the only other bandwagon is on me, so let's see if HJ can defend himself against Glork's arguments.

Maybe Glork can expand on HJ's behavior ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 1:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

err no Glork, you misunderstand me. in my opinion, i dont act very scummy, however its the opinion of the vast majority that i do, thus i accept that it is probably true. However, you cannot say it is deliberate-its just how i naturally play. I quite understand people being suspicious of me for being scummy, if it is perhaps the first time they have played with me, or i am doing something different to normal, but when i get supposedly 'Experienced' players, who have played many games with me, and know my playstyle as well as anyone, saying: "Lets lynch BM even though he is acting exactly as he does as town", im understandably rather annoyed.
you also seem to have confused my point about TCS, as i dont think you read the conversation that preceeded my quoted post. c'est la vie.
really when playing with me, i guess a good townie has to work out whether im being typical 'BM-Scummy' or Scummy in a different way. There are usually ways to indicate peoples affiliation. i know there are tells i give off as scum (but i wont be stating them lol). The fact that experienced and capable players, are willing to palm off the easy answer:
"BM always looks scummy", rather than making a proactive effort to look closer into my play, is an indication that perhaps you do not have the towns interests at heart after all!
:x

Glork wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:have you considered the possibility that my gameplay, which you so often say distracts from lynching the actual scum, would work better if you STOPPED DRAWING ATTENTION TO ME SO POINTLESSLY.
Most mafia players will always attack players whom they believe are acting scummy. I remember going after Twomz in like every game I played with him, because his play was just... scummy. You're acting as though, because you choose to be scummy, every other player should cater to your playstyle; that should never happen, and it's just not going to.

Scummy play is bad for the town.
Deliberately scummy play is worse for the town.
Thus, any good town will try to weed out scummy play.

Since you ADMIT that you act scummy as town, you must be willing to ACCEPT that you will be attacked in basically every game you play. Do not try to pass everyone else off as being hypocritical. This is not a town with 6 or 8 or however-many-votes-and-FoSes-you-got hypocrites in it. It's a town with people who see somebody
acting like they are idiotic scum
, and are taking action against the percieved scumbag.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:00 am

Post by Glork »

He was the fifth vote (within exactly eleven posts) on the first non-random bandwagon of the game. He voices apparent regret for having made the vote and insinuates that it's BM's own doing, but makes the vote anyway -- yet he paints it in "if you can be logical about your defense, I'm willing to move away." It seems a little forced to me right now. I get the feeling that HJ either knows BM won't present a logical, persuasive defense, or that he wants to sugar-coat his wagon-vote by giving himself an out to leave the bandwagon.

Then, when Guardian jumps off, he starts to waver -- but he still throws in that "just lynch me already is a minor scumtell" (which, by the way, is something that I would actually disagree with).

Still, the fact that he abides by his scumtell

In the meantime
Major FoS: Albert
for his bandwagon mentality. That's usually very dangerous for a town. Instead of looking for a bandwagon to jump onto, try forumlating your own opinion. Wagoning one player and then asking another player to explain the case against him is bizarre.

I think right now, I'd be willing to vote for HJ, Albert, BBB, or YB.
TCS, BT, and Jack seem pretty legit to me.
NikZero, Johhan, Coron, ~N9V~, and Shteven need to post (more).
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:05 am

Woah woah.

That just makes 2 votes on HJ. What's wrong with applying pressure ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:06 am

Post by Glork »

Okay, BM... "deliberate" definitely wasn't the correct word there. You've observed that most players around here find your play to be scummy, and as I suggested earlier, it might be an indication that you'd want to evolve your play a bit.

To a certain extent, I agree with your assertion that people should look for "typical BM-Scmmy" versus "unusual BM-Scummy." Adopting one's view on other players is an integral part of proper metagaming, whether you think they are "always scummy," "always pro-town," or "always" something-else. It's just that play that always seems scummy is inherently more frustrating, and as Mafia is a game fraught with paranoia, when I see scummy play, my first thougnt -- no matter
who
is making that play -- is "they're scum!"

That said, the post you just made has pretty much convinced me that you're pro-town.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:08 am

Post by Glork »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Woah woah.

That just makes 2 votes on HJ. What's wrong with applying pressure ?
It's not the HJ-vote.

You indicated that you wanted to join a wagon:
Albert (emphasis mine) wrote:I'm uneasy with a BM vote,
and the only other bandwagon is on me, so
This indicates that you were first looking for a bandwagon to jump onto. Failing that, you wanted to look elsehwere -- so you latched onto another player without fully understanding what they were harping on.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:15 am

Yes, true, but I disagree with the BM wagon, and obviously my own wagon.

I was looking for either a) a Johhan wagon or b) someone who is not TCS, as I'm getting a pro-town read from him.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:23 am

Post by Glork »

Why a Johhan wagon?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:24 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

BillyTwilight wrote:
Unvote
. Yogurt, the post combination of #'s 85 and 99 makes my hair stand on end. Since the only thing that BM did between those two posts was vote for you and continue his feud with TCS, can you please tell me how he became "protown" in that time frame? And why the IGMEOY for Jack?
Actually, I dont know exactly why, but after reading him ranting about acting scummy when hes protown, I sort of laid off on a vote on him.

I didnt like the way Jack said "Lets wagon" In his post where he voted me.
Yes, It was a slight OMGUS IGMEOY,(Wow, alot of Acronyms) It was also because before that it seemed he was lurking, then he just came out of the blue and voted me. I wouldve done the same if it was anyone else.

BM, You're saying that you dont act scummy, but everyone thinks you do? I think you gained a bad reputation, and how you got the reputation is your fault.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:26 am

Glork wrote:Why a Johhan wagon?
Inactive, and OMGUS-ing.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

well im not the ideal judge of my own scumminess. of course, me being hard to read is only bad for me as town. as scum, i can get away with murder :D

YogurtBandit wrote:
BillyTwilight wrote:
Unvote
Actually, I dont know exactly why, but after reading him ranting about acting scummy when hes protown, I sort of laid off on a vote on him.

Yes, It was a slight OMGUS IGMEOY,(Wow, alot of Acronyms) It was also because before that it seemed he was lurking, then he just came out of the blue and voted me. I wouldve done the same if it was anyone else.

BM, You're saying that you dont act scummy, but everyone thinks you do? I think you gained a bad reputation, and how you got the reputation is your fault.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:30 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Yes, true, but I disagree with the BM wagon, and obviously my own wagon.

I was looking for either a) a Johhan wagon or b) someone who is not TCS, as I'm getting a pro-town read from him.
This is a funny thing to say, but I get nervous when someone claims to get a pro-town read on me. So few people do, it's almost like they have knowledge of my alignment.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:32 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Battle Mage wrote:well im not the ideal judge of my own scumminess. of course, me being hard to read is only bad for me as town. as scum, i can get away with murder :D

YogurtBandit wrote:
BillyTwilight wrote:
Unvote

That Smiley face makes me suspicous, After the "I can get away with Murder" Comment. It just seems somewhat Arrogant..( Cant think of other Adjectives )

However, I don't feel like voting you so..

Fos: Battle Mage

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”