Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2007 6:00 pm

Post by Sefer »

My current thoughts on people-
Pretty sure are town:
Ecto, because he has a correct investigation on me.
Twito, because Ecto has an innocent on him. Godfathers are a consideration, but it seems unlikely that he'd claim a power (like roleblocking or boosting) that is testable if he has no way to demonstrate it. Only way I could see him being scum is if he's a Godfather of the group that has a roleblocker in it (the one blocking cops is definately scum), and that seems a pretty iffy theory- as Thok pointed out, there was no reason for scum to block RR if they knew he was targeting their investigation immune godfather that night.

Likely town:
IH and Zindaras, because it'd be risky to claim masons when the death of either would incriminate the other. Alignments aren't guaranteed, so it's possible that the mason claim is true and one isn't town.

Uncertain:
Thok and Fritzler. Fritz has stated that Thok is town but has ignored questions as to why; I'd really like him to state whether he knows for certain, and how, so he can't just write it off as being based on gut if Thok dies and ends up being scum. Thok, for his part, said he thinks the claim of Thok being town was a reasonable followup to Fritz's variable win condition claim, which I don't really understand. The connection is something we may want to look into.
Mod,
Fritzler hasn't posted since D3; can you prod him?

I don't really have anything solid on DoS, HH, or Nightfall. I'd like to change that.

I'm going to have to do a reread so I can base some of this on gameplay and not just claims, but that's probably going to have to wait til the weekend.

I'd been operating under the assumption that there was a 4-5 person mafia and an SK or vig, but the lack of a readily apparent connection between the two dead scums' roles may indeed be an indication of two mafias.
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2007 6:17 pm

Post by Thok »

What do people think about the idea of a mass claim, given that we've already got 4 claimed power roles outed of the 10 living people?

@Sefer-one thing that I have considered about Zindie/IH is that they are scum masons from two different scum groups who can talk to each other at night. (I don't think this is the case, but I consider it a good idea for the idea to be out there.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2007 6:47 pm

Post by Sefer »

Agreed, both that it is possible but that it's unlikely. It's my understanding that one doesn't usually see that outside of Bastard Mod or similar games (though I could be wrong there).

I'm fine with a mass claim; if we go through with it, I'd suggest Thok go first (since he suggested it) and have each person choose the one who will claim next.
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2007 7:24 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Thok wrote:OK, time for me to get this game moving again.
HackerHuck wrote:Neither of last night's kills seemed to be good vig targets in my opinion. I think we're more likely to be dealing with two scum groups or a serial killer. That also makes sense with the number of pro-town power roles that have been claimed and revealed.
Given that Kison came up protown, why wouldn't Thesp have been a good vig target?

Why do you think that scum/SK would target Thesp rather than the multitude of claimed power roles?
Now that you mention that second point, your assertion of Vig over SK makes sense. I'm not sure what I would read into CES' kill, considering I thought he seemed a bit scummy at the time.

I was just looking back and saw that a number of people had Thesp leaning town or strongly town in their eyes - myself included. I also didn't see that Kison turning up town really made him seem any scummier.

As for the mass claim, I'm no expert, but I think that if Ectomancer's theory is right then it's a good idea. If he's wrong, we could be screwing ourselves.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 3:25 am

Post by Thok »

Sefer wrote:I'm fine with a mass claim; if we go through with it, I'd suggest Thok go first (since he suggested it) and have each person choose the one who will claim next.
Huh? It's fairly clear that any logical mass claim order has Fritzler going before me.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 4:28 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Thok wrote:
Sefer wrote:I'm fine with a mass claim; if we go through with it, I'd suggest Thok go first (since he suggested it) and have each person choose the one who will claim next.
Huh? It's fairly clear that any logical mass claim order has Fritzler going before me.
Agreed.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 7:45 am

Post by IH »

I'd like Sefer to go sometime soon.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 8:42 am

Post by Ectomancer »

IH wrote:I'd like Sefer to go sometime soon.
On what basis? That he is a probable Godfather, or that my investigations are wrong?
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by IH »

Godfather, most definitely.
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 5:24 pm

Post by Sefer »

Thok wrote:
I'm fine with him going first, assuming he shows up at some point.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 6:56 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Gah, I just lost part of my analysis when my computer decided it didn't want to stay on. It'll be a little while longer.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 7:29 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

IH wrote:Godfather, most definitely.
I need to stop scrolling up when I first check a thread. For a moment I actually thought you had claimed this.

If we're doing claims, I think we should have everyone claim, even those who already have. I'm fine if they go last so they can reread their original ones.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 9:07 am

Post by Thok »

HackerHuck wrote:If we're doing claims, I think we should have everyone claim, even those who already have. I'm fine if they go last so they can reread their original ones.
OK why do you think this is a good idea?
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 5:06 pm

Post by IH »

Yeah that seems kind of pointless.....
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 5:58 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

We're obviously going to be discussing the claims and IIRC, out of the ten of us left, there have already been four or five claims. I'd rather have everything all in one place to discuss so I don't have to dig back through the thread to pick out where everyone claimed.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Nightfall »

Im not thrilled with a mass claim but I could go with one.
I agree that Fritz should claim before Thok though.

Sorry about the lack of input guys. I've had a lot on my plate lately and I keep seeming to be getting more to deal with.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 7:59 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

I agree with mass claiming as well.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 2:47 am

Post by Glork »

Day Four: The First Vote Count

No votes have been placed.

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Fritzler has been prodded.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 10:54 am

Post by Fritzler »

Nightfall wrote:Im not thrilled with a mass claim but I could go with one.
I agree that Fritz should claim before Thok though.

Sorry about the lack of input guys. I've had a lot on my plate lately and I keep seeming to be getting more to deal with.
i am the game diplomacy

n2 i get to target a player, and i join their side that night

it should be obvious who i chose
Surfs up dude.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 11:12 am

Post by Nightfall »

Wow,...so soon.. what now? do we have a claim order of some sort?
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 11:24 am

Post by Thok »

I think that with Fritz's claim there's good reason for me to go last. (Fritz's claim was mostly what I was expecting, although I wasn't necessarily expecting Diplomancy as opposed to some other game).

We need to find an order of Sefer, Nightfall, HH, DOS? I don't really care what order they go in among those 4.
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by Sefer »

I'm still in favor of each person choosing the next person to claim, so I think Fritzler should choose whoever claims next.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Thok wrote:I think that with Fritz's claim there's good reason for me to go last. (Fritz's claim was mostly what I was expecting, although I wasn't necessarily expecting Diplomancy as opposed to some other game).

We need to find an order of Sefer, Nightfall, HH, DOS? I don't really care what order they go in among those 4.
I'm not certain I agree with you going last. If you are scum, you could be waiting to hear the other roles so you don't make the mistake of getting counter-claimed. Is there a good reason for Thok to go last?
Also, I'm good with the idea of each claimant choosing the next one.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by Thok »

Ectomancer wrote:I'm not certain I agree with you going last. If you are scum, you could be waiting to hear the other roles so you don't make the mistake of getting counter-claimed. Is there a good reason for Thok to go last?
Also, I'm good with the idea of each claimant choosing the next one.
OK, seriously, does anybody have any compelling argument for me actually being scum (which is the only reason why you should consider not having me go last)? I mean, people are assuming there's complete and total symmetry between all five of me, DOS, HH, Sefer, and Nightfall, which is IMHO complete and total nonsense. I've left a fairly clear paper trail about how I've felt about most things in the game; I'm the only person who actually forced people to say what they felt about Kison.

There's also an incongruity about Sefer in particular; he apparently trusted me enough to follow me with respect to HH yesterday, but apparently doesn't trust me to go late in the claiming chaim.
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 2:33 pm

Post by Sefer »

I'm a little leary about anyone who suggests a mass claim but wants to go last.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”