NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 4:34 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

I'm going to have to agree with Stewie's reasons 1-4 that Nekka-Lucifer's behavior has been a bit fishy. His song and dance with OTM (posts 39-44) where N-L decides OTM is mafia for being too townie. Then he decides he's actually townie. Then he decides that, well shucks, he must be town too as a result (all in under 1 1/2 hours) just seems odd.

I'll
FOS: Nekka-Lucifer
but I at least want to give crashtextdummie and hjallti a chance to evaluate their random/joke votes before I vote the guy.

Oh, and whether or not voting for absentees is a fallacy, a scum tactic, neither, or both, it's definitely bad for the town. Don't do it.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

After reading things over a few more times, I am going to put my vote back where it was.

vote: Nekka-Lucifer

Three reasons:

1. "No offense if yer a townie" - trying too hard to fit in - no one else felt "bad" about their random votes.

2. Pushing everyone to vote - what's the hurry? Short days favor the mafia.

3. This reason is going to sound odd, coming from me, but he accepted me as townie a little too quickly, don't you think? I was surprised when I first read his post that he had suddenly dropped all suspicion of me. I know he said that he accepted that I was probing for info, but the way things played out, it seems like he must have had inside information. I don't think I said anything worthy of townie confirmation.

The only other person who has pinged my scumdar at ALL (and this is very minor) is bobbyplump, for his "hope this doesn't make me look scummy to you" comment. Everyone else seems clean so far. Still waiting to hear more from hjallti and CTD though. My initial read of CTD is already pro-town though, because I am guessing he voted for Nekka-Lucifer for the same reason that I picked up on.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 4:41 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Nabakov's post wasn't there when I started mine - looks like we have some pressure building... I'm the 4th vote right?
A Papaya
A Papaya
Townie
A Papaya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 5:07 pm

Post by A Papaya »

Off the Mark wrote:After reading things over a few more times, I am going to put my vote back where it was.

Three reasons:

1. "No offense if yer a townie" - trying too hard to fit in - no one else felt "bad" about their random votes.

3. This reason is going to sound odd, coming from me, but he accepted me as townie a little too quickly, don't you think? I was surprised when I first read his post that he had suddenly dropped all suspicion of me. I know he said that he accepted that I was probing for info, but the way things played out, it seems like he must have had inside information. I don't think I said anything worthy of townie confirmation.
Meh. Using that reasoning, you seem more like scum then him. However' I agree with the rest of the post.
FoS: Nekka-Lucifer
, but I want to give him a chance to defend himself before I confirm a vote.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 8:52 pm

Post by Stewie »

A Papaya wrote:
Off the Mark wrote:After reading things over a few more times, I am going to put my vote back where it was.

Three reasons:

Meh. Using that reasoning, you seem more like scum then him. However' I agree with the rest of the post.
FoS: Nekka-Lucifer
, but I want to give him a chance to defend himself before I confirm a vote.
Can you be more specific? His post was composed of three reasons. Which part is reasoning which makes him seem more like scum than nekka, and what's the "rest of the post" which you agree with?
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2007 10:07 pm

Post by Aimee »

A Papaya, if Off the Mark sounds more suspicious than Nekka-Lucifer, why did you put a FoS on NL and not Off the Mark?
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

The reason I like short days is so it's a shorter game, this' my first game, because my friends game was newb and it was a whole month....

I'm quite worryed now, because I have 5 votes and so close to hammer....
I think A Papaya is scum for doing that 5th vote...
Unvote

Vote: A Papaya

It's not great logic but it is my first game.... give me some slack

I can garuntee if I get lynched, it's a bad desicion.... If I was scum, then why would other scums vote me
You have just misinturpretated.... what I've said (No offence if you're a townie)..... I still don't even know what roles are possible in this game
If you're a cop, then please just check me out..... If you feel I'm not scum, don't waste it and look at A Papaya... I feel his 'suspicions' are abit vague (mine are as well but I don't really know)
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
A Papaya
A Papaya
Townie
A Papaya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 4:34 am

Post by A Papaya »

Aimee wrote:A Papaya, if Off the Mark sounds more suspicious than Nekka-Lucifer, why did you put a FoS on NL and not Off the Mark?
I said using that reasoning, meaning the third point that off the mark gave. The rest of the reasoning seemed sound.
Stewie wrote: Can you be more specific? His post was composed of three reasons. Which part is reasoning which makes him seem more like scum than nekka, and what's the "rest of the post" which you agree with?
I agree with Off the Marks points 1 and 2, also because he was voting people because they lurked, all of that jazz. Anyways, this is just an FoS, I still haven't confirmed the vote.
A Papaya
A Papaya
Townie
A Papaya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 4:37 am

Post by A Papaya »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:The reason I like short days is so it's a shorter game, this' my first game, because my friends game was newb and it was a whole month....

Unvote

I can garuntee if I get lynched, it's a bad desicion.... If I was scum, then why would other scums vote me
You have just misinturpretated.... what I've said (No offence if you're a townie)..... I still don't even know what roles are possible in this game
If you're a cop, then please just check me out..... If you feel I'm not scum, don't waste it and look at A Papaya... I feel his 'suspicions' are abit vague (mine are as well but I don't really know)
I don't see how my "suspicions" are less vague than anyone else's suspicions. Again, with the "no offense if you're a townie" logic...meh. I don't understand how I'm suspicious.

Also, if you'd read the entire thread, you'd realize that i never voted for you. I just FoSed you, so calm down.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 4:57 am

Post by Lowell »

The Highland Sage wrote:it's a fallacy to put votes on innactive players, as they are probably just not checking the thread.

Vote: Lowell
for thinking putting votes on people will get them to post, even though they are probably just not checking the thread.
Gee, a lurker jumps in to defend another lurker. How uninteresting.

unvote, vote Highland
. You're dorking up my thread, feel my wrath.
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 6:49 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

A Papaya wrote:
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:The reason I like short days is so it's a shorter game, this' my first game, because my friends game was newb and it was a whole month....

Unvote

I don't see how my "suspicions" are less vague than anyone else's suspicions. Again, with the "no offense if you're a townie" logic...meh. I don't understand how I'm suspicious.

Also, if you'd read the entire thread, you'd realize that i never voted for you. I just FoSed you, so calm down.
Ahh... soz, I only learnt what FOS was till bout few hours after i posted... Im still not gonna change though....
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
A Papaya
A Papaya
Townie
A Papaya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 7:08 am

Post by A Papaya »

Alright. No problem, since you've already OMGUS'd me in another thread for FoSing you here. Weird, huh?
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 9:52 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

First off, (and this is directed primarly at N-L) it's time for a friggin' grammar lesson:

Three periods in a row (...) constitutes and ellipsis. Not 4. Not 5. The only official application of the ellipsis is to symbolize that a portion of text has been omitted from a direct quote in a scholarly paper. This application has been widened to include trail ins, trail outs, and pauses in dialogue (or prose which is meant to be read as dialogue). The abundance of ellipses and ellipsis look-alikes I have been seeing just look 1) Silly and 2) Suspicious, because an ellipsis is used to symbolize an omission, and only a mafioso would have any need for that. The ellipsis is a valid grammatical construct, just go easy on it.

I'm sorry for ranting, but I was really starting to feel for the period key on Nekka-Lucifer's keyboard. :cry:

And to add some worthwhile content to the post:

I think his defense regarding being a total noob holds to a point. His behavior during this entire game had been distinctly newbie (dude can't even use an ellipsis), but that's no reason to let him off the hook. He could just be a clueless townie, or he could be a clueless scum, OR he could be a very smart scum trying to lead us all on.

Time might just tell....................
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

I feel that to be a meaningless post.......
The reason I use elipses to the extreme, is that I want to symbolise a long pause in my speech as I can't actually say it to you in real life, or in an audio file...... CAN I?
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 3:26 pm

Post by PJ. »

Nekka, You don't need to say like you would in real-life. That is totally unnecessary. And that pretty thing I put under the vote counts that say "Not Voting" are those that arn't voting. Oh, and if I were you I would take the grammer lessons. I have seen people hammered(and have hammered) simply because someones post were annoying to read.

If anyone wants a prod, I will prod. Than are more effective then pressure voting.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
~N9V~ - 2(Aimee, Bobbyplump,)
Lowell - 1(The Highland Sage)
Nekka-Lucifer - 4(Stewie, Off The Mark, Hjallti, crashtextdummie)
A Papaya - 1(Nekka-Lucifer)
The Highland Sage - 1(Lowell)

Not Voting - (A Papaya, NabakovNabakov, ~N9V~)

With 12 alive, it takes
to lynch.

I believe vote count is correct but please comment if not. Changed to include N9V's unvote.
Last edited by PJ. on Mon May 28, 2007 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 3:56 pm

Post by Stewie »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:I feel that to be a meaningless post.......
The reason I use elipses to the extreme, is that I want to symbolise a long pause in my speech
That's what the normal ellipsis is for. :wink:
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 5:08 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:If I was scum, then why would other scums vote me
:shock:

Please clarify: who are the other scum who are voting for you? And you know this how??? You seem to think A Papaya is scum. Other than his vote for you, what makes you believe this?
A Papaya
A Papaya
Townie
A Papaya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 5:40 pm

Post by A Papaya »

I NEVER EVEN VOTED FOR HIM!
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 9:02 pm

Post by Aimee »

Mod:
Your Vote Count is Magnificent
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 12:36 am

Post by Off the Mark »

A Papaya wrote:I NEVER EVEN VOTED FOR HIM!
Right, you FOS'd him. But at the time of his post that I quoted, he thought you were voting for him.
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 1:05 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

WOW, 4 votes? HUGE FoS: Whoever votes me next!!
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
A Papaya
A Papaya
Townie
A Papaya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 3:27 am

Post by A Papaya »

Off the Mark wrote:
A Papaya wrote:I NEVER EVEN VOTED FOR HIM!
Right, you FOS'd him. But at the time of his post that I quoted, he thought you were voting for him.
Which leads me to think he's a little jumpy. Again, it could just be a noob tell.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 6:16 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Mod:
Could we have a prod on Hjallti and CrashTextDummie?
They both random-voted Nekka-Lucifer (their only post), and it would be nice to see if they want their votes to stick.

Nekka-Lucifer wrote: WOW, 4 votes? HUGE FoS: Whoever votes me next!!
Bandwagoning should only be frowned upon when it's suspiciously quick or lacking justification. If the town is going to function at all, somebody has to place the 5th/6th/and 7th votes.

Also, forget not that Hjallti/CTD's votes were random and are still there because they haven't checked in.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 7:48 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

Unvote
The Highland Sage
The Highland Sage
Townie
The Highland Sage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by The Highland Sage »

Sorry i didn't check the thread until now people, I definately would have posted sooner if I'd looked. Now, my take on N-L is that he is highly inexperianced and barely knows what he's doing. I suppose that presure bandwagons might be good, but I think we have already put enough pressure on him to see what he does. One thing that stood out ot me was this though:
Lowell wrote:
The Highland Sage wrote:it's a fallacy to put votes on innactive players, as they are probably just not checking the thread.

Vote: Lowell
for thinking putting votes on people will get them to post, even though they are probably just not checking the thread.
Gee, a lurker jumps in to defend another lurker. How uninteresting.

unvote, vote Highland
. You're dorking up my thread, feel my wrath.
Now, does this set of anyone else's scumdar? Especially after Nabokov has already reiterated how bad it is to vote absentees. My vote is already on Lowell, so

FoS Lowell
for attacking me with a completely bottomless argument.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”