Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Sat May 26, 2007 7:15 am

Post by Simenon »

I'm sure Patrick will agree with me and vote Jordan.

Right Patrick?

RIGHT?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Sat May 26, 2007 8:20 am

Post by Simenon »

It's obviously Jordan-Ripley, btw.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Sat May 26, 2007 10:30 am

Post by Simenon »

Simenon wrote:It's obviously Jordan-Ripley, btw.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Sun May 27, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Simenon »

I'm a little teapot,

Short and stout.

Here is my handle, here is my spout.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #35 (isolation #5) » Tue May 29, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by Simenon »

I am being serious in saying let's lynch jordan now.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #38 (isolation #6) » Wed May 30, 2007 12:05 am

Post by Simenon »

Teffc wrote:why now, Simenon?
'cuz he's scum.

Of course I don't think he should be lynched now, silly.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Wed May 30, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by Simenon »

'cuz he's obv scum with Ripley.

I have my reasons, actually, but I'd rather not spill them at this particular time.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #56 (isolation #8) » Thu May 31, 2007 9:29 am

Post by Simenon »

It was fun to watch jordan squirm.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #61 (isolation #9) » Thu May 31, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Simenon »

JordanA24 wrote:Right, thanks.

Any, Simenon, explaination?
Why I'm voting you?

The quick assumption that I was a cop when I declared you scum is the biggest thing we have to go on in the thread.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #63 (isolation #10) » Thu May 31, 2007 10:21 am

Post by Simenon »

Because I had reasons to believe they were scum. I don't think it's in mine or the town's interest to name said reasons.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #65 (isolation #11) » Thu May 31, 2007 10:31 am

Post by Simenon »

I believe I am right to suspect you of deflecting. That's another reason for my vote.

I do have reasons posted in thread for why I started looking at you. But they are entirely irrelevant. What matters is why I'm voting you now. And I'm voting you for thinking I was a cop when I said
you
were scum.

My vote (or keeping my vote) was my way of demonstrating I was going to continue looking at you, or because I didn't want to ruin any particular reactions I could glean from you being under increased pressure.

Take a Mafia 101 class, plx.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #73 (isolation #12) » Thu May 31, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by Simenon »

JordanA24 wrote:
If you mean those jokey comments on page 1, you were really scraping the bottom of the barrel. How do jokes give you reasons to believe that someone is scum. How could I have been sure that you were sane? The mod didn't say anything of it.
I never mentioned any "jokey" posts. Nope, not once.
One thing in Jordan's favor in all this is that if he were scum he'd have been more likely to be aware that the game didn't start with night. I mean, wouldn't you remember that you hadn't tried to kill anybody yet? I keep wondering whether there's some flaw in this argument, since nobody else (including Jordan) has mentioned it. Hmmm - maybe you might forget, especially if you were in a few games that had started around the same time; it's very easy to confuse them in the first pages.
That's not the argument, that's the justification that followed. I'm saying jordan wasn't exactly thinking everything through when he made the "lol if ur a cop dont cum out" post.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #75 (isolation #13) » Thu May 31, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by Simenon »

Experience has taught me Ripley is never "dumb".

Fos: Ripley
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #79 (isolation #14) » Thu May 31, 2007 3:40 pm

Post by Simenon »

Paradoxombie wrote: On the other hand I'm finding Simenon's play extremely suspicious. You keep suggesting that you have reasons for your original vote against Jordan, and I don't buy that. And I definitely don't believe that you've actually somehow posted your reasons.
I do have reasons for my original vote, minor tells, but those are irrelevant. I haven't posted my original reasons, that's correct, but now that they are irrelevant and my vote is being justified by reasons now visible in the thread (which you yourself said was justifyable), there is no reason to post them now.

Let me say- I had my reasons. But I didn't post them. And I didn't post them because I thought the better play was not to post them.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #80 (isolation #15) » Thu May 31, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by Simenon »

This is a good resource for what exactly I'm trying to communicate.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #87 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Simenon »

Teffc wrote:that sounds more like the killer instinct that's supposed to come with a mafia position...
I'd be much happier to see scum squirm as town than as scum.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #89 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Simenon »

We have to trust your word for it that you made a mistake and I don't trust you particularly.

If Jordan was town, I think there would be much more enthusiasm for his lynch by now.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #95 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:43 am

Post by Simenon »

Aimee wrote:Simenon, I am at a loss to see why hiding information is at all beneficial to the town (with the exception of some cases, e.g. cops and their results etc.)
It's a highly debatable tell- now that there are other, more valid reasons for voting jordan, it would lead to an unecessary slap-fight.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #101 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:40 am

Post by Simenon »

It's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevant It's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevantIt's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevantIt's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevantIt's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevantIt's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevantIt's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevantIt's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevantIt's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevantIt's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevantIt's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevant it's irrelevant

what thoughts I had BEFORE. It makes absolutely no sense to disclose them at this time to me. Sorry, sweetie.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #111 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:25 am

Post by Simenon »

If I've learned any lesson from 313- it's go after someone and focus on scumbuddies later.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #114 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:37 am

Post by Simenon »

Ripley wrote:[Simenon - I know from experience that he and I have very different styles and opinions. I almost invariably disagree with most of what he says, on Day 1 especially, and yet as far as I can recall I haven't played with him when he's been scum. For these reasons I find it really hard to give an opinion of Simenon. If I hadn't met him before I'd be much more suspicious.
Nah. I <3 my Ripley.
:shrug:, I don't remember disagreeing with you much in the two or so games we played together.

I feel the distraction would lie in what I say. As I have said, my former reasoning is completely irrelevant, and could be used by ze opportunistic scum. Since there is no scummy aspect about my previous thinking, I don't feel obliged to disclose it.

What I see is an attempt to make a big ado about nothing. Let's not exaggerate the seriousness of this- I voted without an originally posted reason, because something turned me off, and jordan was wonderful (let's give him a hand) and provided me with another reason to vote him.

So, I ask for those who are voting me for this- what exactly could I accomplish as scum by refusing to disclose my reasoning and what exactly is scummy about me doing so?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #119 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:27 pm

Post by Simenon »

Paradoxombie wrote: So you are admitting your original reason would be suspicious, but we should take your word for that we would actually be wrong in our suspicion?

That sounds like you're trying to think for the rest of the town. I don't like when people try to make up my mind for me.

And please stop saying it's irrelevent, I'm not arguing about Jordan at all.
No. Don't put words in my mouth.
I'm saying that I had a reason that I don't feel like sharing, as it would only serve to be a distraction. It is irrelevant- there is no positive gain I can see by disclosing my reason. At all. Hell, for all you know, I may have even forgotten my original reasoning. That's how little impact it has on this game.

I so little understand the second half of your post I'm not going to bother responding to it.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #121 (isolation #23) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:27 am

Post by Simenon »

My original reasoning is what we have argued about. I still like my vote for the rest of your posts.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #123 (isolation #24) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:07 am

Post by Simenon »

JordanA24 wrote:
What's the 'at this particular time' about? Not so willing to spill them now are we? I'm still confused as to why they might provoke an 'unneccesary slap fight'.
Nope, still not willing to give my reasons.

Completely needless spamming.
Nope.

Why? If I were scum, there'd be only one more scum trying to make me seem town, in this case, quite a bit of the town disagree with you.
This shows a lack of mafia understanding.
The scum win by mislynching. That's the only way they can possibly win the game by mafia with a reasonable town. Hence, if you were town, my thoughts are that the scum would be much more enthusiastic then they seem now, because are the only players in this game that benefit from seeing a pro town player lynched.
If you are scum, which I believe, the other scum does not want to see you lynched, because that would equal a bad position tomorrow. Therefore, the scum aren't going to as enthusiastic around a townie lynch than a scum lynch.
These players aren't really jumping to wagon you, are they?
I think your trying to appeal to emotion here and trying to pressure people into voting for me,
I don't think you know what appeal to emotion means.
and then covering your tracks by being the first on a bandwagon
I'd advise you think long and hard about how silly this statement is before you actually ask me to respond to it.
Your post was cute, but unfortunately fell short of the "thinking it all through" requirement.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #126 (isolation #25) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:05 am

Post by Simenon »

JordanA24 wrote: First of all, I do know what appeal to emotion means, and you are trying to pressure people, you may as well be saying "If you don't start voting for this guy, then you'll start looking scummy as well."
I don't recall saying such things. Rather, if everyone did start voting this guy, I'd be quite suspicious.
And my statement wasn't silly, it's a well established scum tactic to try and cover their tracks after a mislynch, as then they go after the 2nd and 3rd on the bandwagon.
Your idea is silly. You are basically saying scum will vote first on the bandwagon to avoid the second or the third vote. What you fail to understand is
one vote is not a wagon
And besides, wheres a mislynch going to start if somebody (usually scum) doesn't get the ball rolling?
X

Starting a wagon on a townie is a nontell at worst, and at best an indication of someone being protown enough not to care about standing out.
And if those other two posts weren't useless spam, then what were they?
Comments on the game, obv.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #128 (isolation #26) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:01 am

Post by Simenon »

JordanA24 wrote:
Hang on, why would you be suspicious of someone voting for me when you're so sure I'm scum.
See: everyone. I realize that isn't as clear as it is intended. If there was a sudden quick move to wagon you, then I would be highly skeptical.
I've got 2 votes on me, still not a bandwagon, but the point is that if it does become a bandwagon that gets me lynched, then you can start blaming the 2nd and 3rd voters on the bandwagon.
It would depend on the context of the wagon. "Third on the wagon" is a bit of an outdated tell.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #130 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:25 am

Post by Simenon »

JordanA24 wrote:
Now you're contradicting yourself.
No, I am not.
Simenon wrote:If Jordan was town, I think there would be much more enthusiasm for his lynch by now.
WIFOM anybody?
Sorry, but both are not WIFOM.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #153 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by Simenon »

It's none of those, although it comes closest to five.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #154 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Simenon »

It's actually:
11. He thought it was a tell at first, but then, as the game went on, realized it no longer applied and dropped it, but kept his vote because of new developments.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #157 (isolation #30) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:55 pm

Post by Simenon »

Okay, fine:

The two posts that made me vote Jordan were the two firsts posts written by Jordan and Ripley. Jordan roles a dice, and votes Ripley, and says "Sorry". I thought, what the hell does he need to say sorry for? So I jumped on that, as did Patrick. And then Ripley says "well gosh, I want to join dis wagon, but I jwust can't". And that's what got me thinking.

I'm no longer thinking this, as I don't think jordan-ripley makes that much sense anymore, but I still want to run jordan up for other reasons.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #161 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:33 am

Post by Simenon »

JordanA24 wrote:
Ah, that sorry was becasue we know eachother from another game, and I think he's a good player.
I felt you would make a response along those lines.
That's part of why I strayed away from just blurting it out. It's so easy to respond to, it really doesn't make much of an effect.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #183 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by Simenon »

Aimee wrote:
Simenon:
The way he said Jordan and Ripley were scum advanced the game, but as for his reasons, he later said "it was fun making Jordan squirm". Despite this, we all know Simenon - he is always like this whether town or scum (or mod). However, some things I can't fathom reasons to. Post 75 - Simenon FoSes Ripley for reasons I can't understand. Perhaps it links back to what had previously been said when he considered Jordan and Ripley to be scum. I am sure that Simenon is just acting like his playstyle. Nothing more, nothing less.
It was half-serious. Ripley's self-doubt made me nervous, but I really didn't intent to express much suspicion of it than what came across.

I think this post contains too much flourish and empty summary and too little actual analysis.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #197 (isolation #33) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:48 am

Post by Simenon »

IH wrote:
unvote

Hai Patrick and Ripley!

Rereading!
???
;_;
</3
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #220 (isolation #34) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Simenon »

JordanA24 wrote:
IH wrote:Jordan does not know what appeal to emotion means. = )
I do understand, i was having a ridiculously bad off-day in what was already an off-game for me.

Honest guys, I usually am not this bad.
:(

Xombie still comes off as rather town to me since the start of the game, and has still given me the town vibes, except for his fos. Maybe I just have a natural opposition to such a weak gesture, but fossing jordan here just seems off to me.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #245 (isolation #35) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:09 am

Post by Simenon »

This is what happens when the town doesn't kill people I tell them to kill.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #262 (isolation #36) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:35 am

Post by Simenon »

When you're in as many games as IH is in, you have to pick and choose when you leave for a week. I am in another game that IH is ignoring.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #267 (isolation #37) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:47 am

Post by Simenon »

Unvote vote zombie
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #269 (isolation #38) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:40 am

Post by Simenon »

We have a deadline to make.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #271 (isolation #39) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Simenon »

He's the easiest to lynch at this point. Deadline no lynches are horrid, no?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #278 (isolation #40) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:18 am

Post by Simenon »

Ripley wrote:It just seemed very surprising to me that Simenon would simply
believe
the claim of Jordan, his prime suspect for virtually the entire game. Scum are going to claim doc in this position a lot of the time (and there are two of them). Regardless of the deadline, which is more than a day away anyway, I'd have expected Simenon to be pretty suspicious of the claim.
Let me put it this way. Me switching my vote has nothing to do with whether I think Jordan is scummy or not. My thoughts are:
- if there is another doctor, it will probably end with a jordan lynch sometime
- if he's scum, he's likely not the rber
- a doctor lynch will be hard to analyze with the deadline
Therefore, I don't want a jordan lynch today without a counterclaim.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #301 (isolation #41) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by Simenon »

Damnit. I am extremely disapointed with myself.

First, I need a reread. I had no back up plan after jordan.

I'm actually afraid it might be Ripley. His actions around the pardox lynch made me uncomfy. Ripley's a boulder as scum though, so I doubt I'd succeed in making a case on him. Ripley scares me.

IH had both pro town players on him. I can see Ripley-IH here.

Patrick seems town. But I say Patrick seems town in every game I play with him, with the exception of one ongoing.

If it is Ripley-IH, it makes hella sense. Both were on the dox wagon. But again, deadlines are hard to analyze.

Patrick, it didn't occur to me that IH did have just as many votes as dox. I was a bit caught up with the claim and the deadline.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #302 (isolation #42) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Simenon »

Ripley wrote:Patrick has picked up on my own misgivings yesterday about Simenon's immediate switch of vote to Paradoxombie following Jordan's claim. Simenon then is conveniently absent until deadline. Of course, Patrick knows I think at least one of him and Simenon is scum, so he might be doing a smart job of encouraging suspicions I'm already known to hold. But Simenon probably tops my suspicion list right now. Though any of you could be scum. Really.
I had nothing more to say at the deadline. I commented on my vote, and how I felt it was time appropriate, but I can't be a chatterbox all the time.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #303 (isolation #43) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by Simenon »

I don't think Aimee is scum at this point.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #304 (isolation #44) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:50 pm

Post by Simenon »

Ripley's original fear of -1 on jordan strikes me as scum more than town. But then again, it was early in the game.
Ripley wrote:Jordan is pretty much confirmed as scum by now, with Simenon or Teffc for partner (I'd say Simenon, because of the distancing).
This is meh to me. I don't like the mention of Teffc.

His attack on Teffc in his eleventh post looks weak to me. And he barely mentions IH, only just to say that he needs to be here with the deadline.

The problem is, I see IH as mostly town. :shrug:
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #307 (isolation #45) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by Simenon »

Ripley wrote: I find that suspicious in itself.
Why?
Why? I had already said what I would do in that position:
It makes me nervous. I'll reread to back that up or dismiss it.
Simenon, pay attention. We were all joking around back then. What you just quoted was a joke post.
I am quite aware. But there's a reason why we joke around at the start of the game.

As I recall it was the strongest and longest attack made on Teffc by anybody. Certainly up to that point, and quite possibly after.
Nobody made a strong attack on Taffc to my recollection.
You seem to be scrabbling around in a pretty halfhearted way for stuff to incriminate me. If this is the best you've found, maybe that's a hint that you need to look elsewhere?

Where do you recommend I look?
Especially if you're trying to link me to a player you actually think is town. This kind of confused thinking seems like somebody generally trying to throw mud around and hope something sticks.
I am confused. It's a tough game, this mafia is. I meant I have generally found him to be town. The fact that he's scum with you means I must change my general opinion in this game.
And of course, maybe your efforts are halfhearted because you're actually scum, and you know there's nothing there to find. Just like you seemed to know Jordan wouldn't get counterclaimed yesterday.
They are not halfhearted, you ass. I'm trying to find who the scum are. There aren't words to express my frustration. I'm trying the best I possibly can.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #308 (isolation #46) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by Simenon »

I believe meta gaming is a very accurate tool to learnin the scums.

So I'll be comparing this game to Ripley's play in newbie 313.

On the topic of metagaming, one might want to compare my play in this game to my play in open 18 and triad mafia. They are vastly different.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #309 (isolation #47) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:37 pm

Post by Simenon »

Hrm. Ripley barely mentions Poki in 313, but then again, he doesn't try to make a wishy-washy attack on her either.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #312 (isolation #48) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Simenon »

[pooky]
Hay guys, does anybody else see how blatantly Ripley ignored my post, especially the questions I asked directly to him?
1.Yesterday he focused from start to finish on a player who turned out to be the doc, 2. to such an extent that when this player claimed the day before deadline, Simenon had "no backup plan" 3. and simply transferred his vote to a player he had apparently thought innocent, citing the approaching deadline as his reason, 4. and then disappearing.
:lol:
Sorry.
1. Yes, I did focus on him. Townies can be wrong. It's certainly different from not actually providing a concise and noticable attack on someone. Guess who forgot that bit of "being townie"?
2. Okay
3. Heh. That's completely pulled out of your ass.
4. I DID NOT DISAPPEAR.
Don cha hate it when these scums lie like that?
Oh, and his pointless refusal to reveal an early scum tell he believed (wrongly) to have found caused a massive distraction that created a situation where it was very easy for people to vote the (innocent) Paradoxombie.
:lol: :lol:
I'm sorry, Ripley, you're just so funny!
WHY DIDN'T YOU MENTION IT AS DISTRACTING WHEN IT ACTUALLY OCCURED, YOU LITTLE SCUMMY SCUM?
I start to wonder if it actually suited Simenon rather well to keep stringing Para along, fixated on the issue to the point where he was attracting serious negative attention for it.
I made what you called a "distraction" BEFORE PARADOX EVEN POSTED.
Really, having got yesterday so entirely wrong, surely the normal reaction of a protown player would be to start again by rereading the thread carefully and looking for clues to find the scum?
I CONCLUDED YOU WERE SCUM AFTER I REREAD AND LOOKED FOR CLUES. I REREAD BEFORE I POSTED. I AM NOT A MORON.

Besides, after rereading, I've changed my views slightly. I'm pretty sure it's Ripley-Patrick.

Also, because Ripley is simply to good to respond to posts anymore, PLEASE READ THIS. This is crap.

[/pooky]
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #314 (isolation #49) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:53 am

Post by Simenon »

Aimee wrote:I'm here people. Today leaves us in an awkward situation.

I am suspicious of Simenon's third vote yesterday - I see that as quite opportunistic. His posts today also have a definite weird vibe.
GAAAHHHH
WE HAD A DAY TO FIND SOMEONE TO LYNCH. EVERY BANDWAGON VOTE ON A DAY-LONG DEADLINE IS GOING TO BE OPPURTUNISTIC.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #315 (isolation #50) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:55 am

Post by Simenon »

THINK PEOPLE.

HOW DID RIPLEY JUST COME OUT WITH HIS DEADLINE LYNCH BULLSHIT?

DO YOU REALIZE THAT RIPLEY IS GUILTY OF THE SAME CRIME?

AND WHY IS HE MENTIONING SCUMMY THINGS THAT HE DEFENDED HIMSELF YESTERDAY?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #317 (isolation #51) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Simenon »

Patrick wrote:
Wow. Hell yes. Yes it is Simenon. Feel free to explain why I'm scum suddenly after you said I looked town last night. Incidentally, the large coloured letters don't make you more persuasive.
First, let me ask you something. And I want you to answer frankly, unless you're scum, in which case you don't have to:
Did you read my post, or skip the large letters and skim it?

To answer your question, I changed my mind. The relationship between you and Ripley today is just too bad to miss.
[/quote]
This is a lame excuse that kind of jumps out. This is shoddy play if you are protown.[/quote]

:(
Boo hoo. I made a mistake. :(
IH looked more town than dox. End of story.
Now, please read my post if you haven't already, or I'm going to say you are definitively scum with Ripley.

Also, I will vote Ripley if I'm not satisfied with his answers in the next post.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #319 (isolation #52) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:11 am

Post by Simenon »

Patrick wrote: Yes I read it.
Yeah, but did you read it?
Stoned?
You can get high off frustration?
I'm not accusing you of being a townie who messed up. I'm saying it's scummy and not what I'd expect from a townie. IH looked more town than Paradox you say? Interesting.
Obviously, in retrospect, I can say that I was wrong.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #321 (isolation #53) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Simenon »

Patrick wrote:I don't get why you are asking me again whether I read it. Yes I read it. It's a fairly ugly post, but I forced myself. Even the big letters.
You declined to answer it because it was ugly?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #323 (isolation #54) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:36 am

Post by Simenon »

Patrick wrote: The only part I could see you want me to respond to is that bit at the start where you accuse him of completely ignoring everything you said. Which is an exageration.
Nope.

This is the way I see this:
S- Big Post with something attatched on the end of it.
P- Yeah, that post certainly is crap!
S- But did you read the post?
P- I managed to.
S- And what are your reactions to it.
P- I don't know what to respond to.

And now, my reaction to this is:
S- But you implied it was crap!
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #326 (isolation #55) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:56 am

Post by Simenon »

Ripley wrote:Simenon just seems to have become hysterically aggressive, and is rapidly ruining what was previously a perfectly pleasant game, for no discernible reason.
No, just very frustrated.
Good way to demean me though. You'll probably convince Aimee. I'm not sure about IH yet, but it doesn't really matter at this point whether IH believes me or not.
I did not ignore your post 307; in fact I quoted from it twice. Much of it was frankly incomprehensible, irrelevant or pointless, and I chose to leave it alone.
Ha!
I'll comment about this after endgame.
1. Why do I find it suspicious that you had no backup plan? Because as town, Day 1, I have never, ever been in a situation where I was so sure I was right about someone that I'd have failed to consider who else I thought a possible candidate.
I obviously considered dox.
I'm constantly looking at everyone and reevaluating people as the day progresses. Obviously, as scum, people don't think that way, so maybe they'd just forget to line up a replacement suspect should the first fall through.
I play differently than you do. I'm rarely sitting back and acting as though I'm detatched from the game (unless I'm scum). Some times, I get worked up on going after somebody, and I'm not as rational as I should be. Part of the reason why I'm so disapointed with myself.
2. Where do I recommend you look? I really don't know who the scum are; nobody claims to except you, apparently. I had already said this. Seriously, you're getting into this outraged state because I failed to recommend where you look?
To the latter, no.
But yeah, you basically challenged me to look elsewhere, Ripley, with that bit. So where do you say I should look?
Simenon, please, take some time to stand back from the game and calm down. It's just becoming unpleasant. I'm not going to respond to taunts or jibes. If there are more questions you'd like to me answer, please state them civilly and I'll respond in the same way.
I'm not going to be like Cyan and take out all of the emotion out of this game. Sorry.
Right now, I'm not pleased with this game, and if I try to hide my gut emotions I won't feel genuine to what I am feeling right now, which is imense frustration about not being able to win this game.

Vote Ripley

I have every reason to hate myself after the game if I'm wrong. But I feel very strongly that I'm not. Ripley would not only have to be entirely wrong about this game as town, but also be more dense than I thought he was in his misrepresentations found in his summaries of my play. Completely disapeared over the deadline? Uh uh.

Bleh.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #327 (isolation #56) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:57 am

Post by Simenon »

Patrick wrote:Well yeah... I did. I don't know what your point is from that though.
You have nothing to say about it, and yet you are sure that it's crap.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #329 (isolation #57) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:23 pm

Post by Simenon »

Patrick wrote:There's an obvious difference between having an initial reaction like that, and doing detailed responses to the content of the post that was attacking someone else anyway.
Surely, if you knew it was crap, you would be able to identify said crap, not just "it looks funny lawl".
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #331 (isolation #58) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by Simenon »

Let me show you how the deadline thing is baseless, then.

Here's my post explaining my switch to paradox:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 102#658102
That's on the fourth. I didn't have access until about 7-8 that night. That's when deadline hit.

So, I explained fully to my ability my switch. And even if you didn't know I had no access, you still can see I made a post explaining my vote, a post Ripley conveniently left out.

So yeah, that's one baseless attack.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #334 (isolation #59) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:48 pm

Post by Simenon »

Ripley wrote:There's a vote on me one day into a lylo situation where we've hardly even started yet. If Simenon's protown as well the game could be over by the morning, and I don't know what I can do about it. Simenon seemed to have made up his mind virtually from day start.
Ripley, if you honestly think I'm scum, unless you have a strong conviction that I'm not, I can't see a reason why you are not voting me right now.
He prefers to examine my previous games in search of evidence to back up the conclusion he's already reached, than to reread this game with anything approaching an open mind
You can't back this up. There's no way you can know what I'm doing and what I'm thinking. That's the lovely barrier between us.
. At no time does he examine the posts of IH/Teffc, my supposed partner. Or of Patrick, my new supposed partner, It's just me. If it's genuine, it's an obsession.
Ripley, there's a player called chamber never mentions other players apart from a fos shot at them.
Does that mean he's not considering or reading for other players?
And it's pretty hard to defend against an obsession. Simenon, if you're protown you're just chucking the game away right here, out of obstinacy and pride and your fantastic gut which I have
never
known to be right, before we've even had a chance to play.
When did I say I'm using my gut right now? My gut is useless in this game.

Besides, three ongoing games + texas justice beg to differ. Once, you could accuse me of having a terrible gut. I know now that it's not only decent, but I have confidence in it. I don't feel the need to impress you.

But that's irrelevant. I'm not using gut in this game.

It's not that you are accusing me of using a bad gut, it's you accusing me of having no brain.

@Patrick- This recent conversation and your bad vibe posts seem to me to be setting up my lynch. You're splitting yourself on two sides to me- the anti ripley side and the anti-simenon side. You're actually my biggest guess for scum if Ripley happens to be town.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #336 (isolation #60) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by Simenon »

Patrick wrote: This recent conversation doesn't have anything to do with the original accusation since you posted that I'm scum before it took place. As for bad vibe posts, I don't have a clue what you mean.
I think it was something from 307-309. You challenged a point of Ripley's, and then said, "simenon's posts are odd hmm". Sorry, but seems like a setup to me.
As for "splitting myself into two sides", I don't feel the need to decide instantly who I think is scum and gun for them exclusively. You've just been telling Ripley that you play differently to him, and you know full well that I play differently to you. Lylo, after a terrible day 1 is hardly a good time to be making hasty decisions. So yes, I'm undecided on both your alignments. The least likely of the three scenarios is that you're both scum. I don't see it as distancing. Probably most likely is one scum. If you're both town then we're hosed anyway. This is a terrible reason for thinking I'm scum.
Meh, you can probably scratch that. I don't really have a coherent reason for why you may be scum, only a vague idea. But you're my best bet out of three.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #337 (isolation #61) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Simenon »

Unvote

Have your wish. I'm going to be leaving mafia for tonight, so I don't have time to stop a quicklynch.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #348 (isolation #62) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:16 am

Post by Simenon »

Some of his evidence surrounding Ripley seems pretty flawed – he notes a very early post made by Ripley that was pretty clearly a joke.
I already answered this.
I don't really see any of his reasoning. Simenon, if you still believe Ripley is scum, could you explain why?
Ripley made points against me that I already pointed out were false, which make me question how he could have reached those conclusions. Ripley brought something up as one of his major points something that he had defended before. But mostly he seems to be ignoring my counterpoints only to further mislead the town with his own. And then, when I get frustrated at this, he responds with you really are making this game unpleasant.
I answered this as well.

Honestly, this game confuses me. So I'm wavering on the towns. That post was just the first thing that came to mind of my recollection when the day started.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #359 (isolation #63) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:11 pm

Post by Simenon »

everywhere. And it increases my suspicion level of you no end, IH, when you pick up and on parrot responses of this quality by Simenon, and repeat questions from him that I've already answered, while glibly dismissing all his behavior, including trying to use an obvious joke post against me and placing a quick vote in lylo, as a"slight over reaction".

Haven't read the rest of it yet, and I'll get to it later, but it's metagame time.

Every single game I've played as scum on this site, the three I can count off the top of my head (Triad, Open 18, Happy Normal) I bussed my buddies as scum. It's simply a horrible, horrible risk to take by answering for your scumbuddy and attempting to shift attention off him. It may stop the wagon in the short term, but as a long term strategy, it's such a noticable link, there's no reason to do so.

Now, it would be great that this game was the game where I broke my own metagame in two, but let's be reasonable.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #441 (isolation #64) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:45 am

Post by Simenon »

I'm not really sure.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #668 (isolation #65) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by Simenon »

I am going to pretend this game doesn't exist.

Who's with me?
SEND THE VECTOIDS

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”