The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:09 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 574, Desperado wrote:
In post 572, The Bulge wrote:This is a serious question. I'm genuinely curious about that last part in particular.

I don't scumhunt via associative tells on unflipped slots.

Ok. The first part of the question is important too.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by Unsight »

In post 568, Splashcloud wrote:
In post 563, Paschendale wrote:
In post 560, Unsight wrote:1) If Bulge is Wolf 1, who looks good as Wolf 2?

Your slot does.

Reasons?

He had a running feud with bjc ( you can see it in 232 and 233 ). Probably doesn't help that my 3rd post in the game was to out him as scum, but I've always had trouble making friends.
Games are meant to be fun.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by Unsight »

Moving on. Someone above said the Mafia are basically an anti-town masonry and that's probably a good way to look at it. I'm not used to setups where one scum faction can't night kill so where I'm normally "Any scum lynch is a town win" that changes the math around. In lieu of that:

VOTE: The Bulge

The thing that doesn't sit well with me is . When he was nearing lynch, he said he could
guarantee
he was town. snscompt1 immediately took his vote elsewhere. snscompt1 could have been jumping off his buddy's wagon or he may have read that post the same way I just did--soft Town Seer claim. The problem with this? The Bulge is still alive. Night kill analysis is WIFOM and usually not worth the time it takes to type, but I think the wolves would have to be asleep at the wheel to not take that bait. Unless he's one of them.

Interestingly enough, if The Bulge flips town then I think snscompt1 is almost 100% guaranteed to be town ( Not Werewolf for the Paschendales out there who still want to pretend they're not scum ). The reverse isn't necessarily true but it does look very bad for snscompt1 if The Bulge flips scum.

As a final bit of trivia to consider, the only two people to
never
vote The Bulge ( other than himself ) were Wickedestjr and Not_Mafia.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Paschendale »

In post 576, Unsight wrote:
In post 568, Splashcloud wrote:
In post 563, Paschendale wrote:
In post 560, Unsight wrote:1) If Bulge is Wolf 1, who looks good as Wolf 2?

Your slot does.

Reasons?

He had a running feud with bjc ( you can see it in 232 and 233 ). Probably doesn't help that my 3rd post in the game was to out him as scum, but I've always had trouble making friends.

Trying to play it off as an emotional reaction is a pretty sad attempt to misrep what's happened. BJC was uncooperative and didn't contribute to scumhunting at all. Since your arrival, you've placed uncontroversial and opportunistic votes, attacked me for calling out your predecessor's anti-town play, and supplied crappy reasons for your suspicions. There was no feud. I saw scummy play and noted it. I still see it and am still noting it. Your Bulge vote and conjecture about SNS is likewise weak.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Splashcloud wrote:1) But to make half the people mafia, doesn't part of the Towny people have to die?

3) I'm pretty sure some of the town still needs to die for them to be half, considering there is only two of them.

1) Yes but werewolves can win if the other half is two townies. Not if the other half is two mafia goons.

3) That's true but from the werewolves' perspective it's harder to find mafia than town and werewolves can't win without getting another mafia goon or both out. It's inevitable that townies will die, so werewolves just shouldn't focus on them.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:54 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Bulge, have you ever said you could 'guarantee' that you were town (or something along those lines) as town before (as Bulge or as your alt) ? Ever said it as scum - and if not, would you ever consider it?

I'd like Bulge to answer those questions. However, I can already say that I don't like Unsight's vote for him. His only reason is that Bulge said he could 'guarantee' that he was town, but that seems like a weak reason. Also, I disagree with his conclusion regarding Bulge/sns - I already town read sns, but if Bulge flips scum then I grow even more confident in the belief that sns is not in that same scum group.

I'll admit that I still haven't done the rereading/meta-checks I wanted to do. But now I promise that it is first on my mafiascum priority list. Getting to it now.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:59 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 577, Unsight wrote:The thing that doesn't sit well with me is . When he was nearing lynch, he said he could
guarantee
he was town. snscompt1 immediately took his vote elsewhere. snscompt1 could have been jumping off his buddy's wagon or he may have read that post the same way I just did--soft Town Seer claim. The problem with this? The Bulge is still alive. Night kill analysis is WIFOM and usually not worth the time it takes to type, but I think the wolves would have to be asleep at the wheel to not take that bait. Unless he's one of them.

Why would you point this out? Regardless of how obvious you found it, do you really think it's so unlikely the wolves didn't catch on to it that was worth potentially outing the seer?

Regardless Bulge needs to claim
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:17 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 580, Wickedestjr wrote:Bulge, have you ever said you could 'guarantee' that you were town (or something along those lines) as town before (as Bulge or as your alt) ? Ever said it as scum - and if not, would you ever consider it?

I'd like Bulge to answer those questions. However, I can already say that I don't like Unsight's vote for him. His only reason is that Bulge said he could 'guarantee' that he was town, but that seems like a weak reason. Also, I disagree with his conclusion regarding Bulge/sns - I already town read sns, but if Bulge flips scum then I grow even more confident in the belief that sns is not in that same scum group.

I'll admit that I still haven't done the rereading/meta-checks I wanted to do. But now I promise that it is first on my mafiascum priority list. Getting to it now.

In post 581, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 577, Unsight wrote:The thing that doesn't sit well with me is . When he was nearing lynch, he said he could
guarantee

Why would you point this out? Regardless of how obvious you found it, do you really think it's so unlikely the wolves didn't catch on to it that was worth potentially outing the seer?

Regardless Bulge needs to claim

That post is being misinterpreted and taken out of context. Reading over it alone, it does look like a Seer soft-claim. Whoops. :oops: But look at it in context of the post I was replying to. In , fuzzy says "Pasch is town. I can almost guarantee it." I replied in with "I CAN guarantee that I'm town." This was meant to contrast his "almost", because from my POV, I know myself to be town. Sorry if that was read the wrong way.
(Read: I am a VT, not a seer)

To answer your question, I guess it would be a good softclaim as town or even a soft fakeclaim as scum. But it's risky. If I were to use that as town, I would have to assume that scum doesn't pick up on it but town does, which is quite the assumption.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

^I feel like you just threw up WIFOM in a bucket and tossed it everywhere.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 583, fuzzybutternut wrote:^I feel like you just threw up WIFOM in a bucket and tossed it everywhere.

Really?

I also thought the "Read: I'm a VT, not a Seer" came across as very genuine.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:43 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 583, fuzzybutternut wrote:^I feel like you just threw up WIFOM in a bucket and tossed it everywhere.

Where is the WIFOM? I talked about town softclaims, not fakeclaims...
snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:35 am

Post by snscompt1 »

@mod please replace me. I apologize but Im going out of the country and wont be very active in this game. Apologies.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:57 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 585, The Bulge wrote:

Where is the WIFOM? I talked about town softclaims, not fakeclaims...

I'm an idiot and shouldn't post here when I'm drunk.

I read that as "This is what I would do as town vs this is what I would do as scum"

*sigh*
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:47 am

Post by Desperado »

I don't like Bulge's explanation and I still want him dead.
;)
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:58 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 575, The Bulge wrote:
In post 574, Desperado wrote:
In post 572, The Bulge wrote:This is a serious question. I'm genuinely curious about that last part in particular.

I don't scumhunt via associative tells on unflipped slots.

Ok. The first part of the question is important too.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:59 am

Post by The Bulge »

What don't you like about it? I don't see anything you could possibly dislike, unless of course you don't believe me.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:05 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 590, The Bulge wrote:unless of course you don't believe me.

dingdingding
;)
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:32 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 591, Desperado wrote:
In post 590, The Bulge wrote:unless of course you don't believe me.

dingdingding

Alright. So you think I was softclaiming seer, and now I'm going back on it?
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:13 am

Post by Unsight »

In post 581, Not_Mafia wrote:Why would you point this out? Regardless of how obvious you found it, do you really think it's so unlikely the wolves didn't catch on to it that was worth potentially outing the seer?

I couldn't analyze snscompt1's sudden jump from the Day 1 Bulge wagon without drawing attention to it and I'm not quite arrogant enough to assume I'm the smartest person in the room so if I see something then nine times out of ten someone else saw it too.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 586, snscompt1 wrote:
@mod please replace me. I apologize but Im going out of the country and wont be very active in this game. Apologies.

Understood!
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Vote Count:

fuzzybutternut
(2) - Not_Mafia, snscompt1
The Bulge
(3) - Paschendale, Desperado, Unsight
Unsight
(1) - fuzzybutternut

(expired on 2014-08-16 05:25:27)

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:37 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Riddleton replaces snscompt1
You Are Worth It
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:04 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Okay, why are we calling out softclaims? Like, someone please, PLEASE tell me the town motivation behind that?
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:59 am

Post by Riddleton »

Hi. Please fill me in on all the important stuff while I catch up.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:12 am

Post by Riddleton »

OK, Caught up:-

Fuzzybutternut

-Voted for
5 different people
over the course of the two days we're at.
-Has said many other people are scummy as well, such as wicked & me (sns). Do you have any town reads or is everyone acting scummy to you?
-Said I (sns) was town quite a lot through the game but flipped D2 and said "I was probscum, but not convinced" (#562)
-Did not vote Shaded/Titus D1. Says "Sns, let's lynch Shaded tomorrow, yes?" (#384) but does not follow through. Why?
-Verdict: Scummy (mafia).

Wicked

-Makes a huge case against fuzzy (#564) but says in the next post "I don't want to lynch [Fuzzy] today". Any reason why? Remember - we need to kill both scum teams so there's no point leaving one person alive if you are certain they are acting scummy.
-I think you're town though.
-Verdict: Town.

Bins

-I'm neutral. Makes some good town posts against pasch (#303) as well as other town motivated posts (#584) but also tends to buddy on wagons a bit too early (#76) as well as make a few filler posts. If you are scum you would be a WW because of Pasch's #232.
-Hammered Titus in #504.
-What do you think about Fuzzy?
-Verdict: Null

The Bulge

-Blames eloquence for his wagon (#277). I think that's a scummy move -- I don't see any town motivation in throwing your toys away because you are going to be lynched?
-Reacted very strangely and defensively when had one vote on him. (#250)
-Softclaimed Seer which I think is rubbish. I'm fairly certain (90%) sure who the real seer is and it's not you.
-Verdict: Scum. Probably WW.

Desperado

-Doesn't contribute much when posting. Please be more active.
-Verdict: Null

Not Mafia

-Good pregame play. Defended Reinoe where he was town.
-Made good contributive town posts later on. I think you're town.
-Verdict: Town

Splash

-Made a grandiose number of posts since replacing - 6. But the posts he has made look towny to me. (#555)
-Not reading Maru as he admitted he was not interested.
-You look town to me. Please be more active, though.
Verdict: Lean Town.

Pasch

-Possible buddying with Fuzzy in #232?
-#232 is bullshit in general and is a really bad set of reads. No quotes/posts to back it up in sight; seems to be in more of a personal level.
-Verdict: Scum - Mafia.

Unsight

-You've been contributive to the game since replacing. Has a good set of reads in #545
-
--

VOTE: Fuzzybutternut

Return to “Completed Open Games”