Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 12:22 pm

Post by Javert »

To what are you responding, spectrumvoid? I am getting the impression you are responding to "you have seen LOTS" of Cops think they are 100% accurate. Correct me if I am wrong.

As for the discussion thread you mentioned, is it this? If so (and if you are responding to the question I believe you are), I don't see how that is supposed to convince me that "LOTS" of players think they are infallible with a Cop role. There is no discussion on the subject, and even if there were, that would not indicate to me that you have
personally
seen "LOTS" of Cops with that frame of mind. What is the relevance of citing that discussion here?

Also, Nocmen: please confirm that your partner is guaranteed innocent. "Mason" is not enough nowadays.
"I was born with scum like you."
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by kilmenator »

We are both guarnteed innocent, the mod actually messaged us to tell us that, (at least he did me). He said we are not like the evil twin, we are both innocent. He said that he had forgotten about the mason evil twin thing and apologized for not adding it to our PM before.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 1:09 pm

Post by Nocmen »

What Kil said is true. I also was told the truth by the mod regarding our innocence when I first got the mason PM. I asked if I was town aligned, and I was surpirsed to get the response that both of us were. The PM that I recently got (and Kil got as well I'm guessing from her last post) said the exact same thing.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 1:47 pm

Post by Javert »

Merci beaucoup. That will make things much easier, so long as you two aren't scum. :wink:
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 8:11 pm

Post by Javert »

Might as well get things back on track.

Vote: Barroman
, for a few reasons. I'll try to be condensed.

Began game with "BAD NIGHT!!!! The Cop is out", and as I pointed out elsewhere (I believe on a Kilmenator case), mourning the loss of a dead power role right off the bat strikes me as more scummy than townish.

The Elias_the_thief questions, which has already been discussed (and doesn't need further discussion unless somebody wants to go over it again).

Barroman, 92 wrote:Javert - I'm happy to see your "unvote". It seems that you really think the things. That's a good point.
Perhaps this is my own bias speaking, but I don't particularly care for giving players "pats on the head", which is essentially what this is doing.

I am also getting a few mixed messages. For much of the game, Barroman has been going after kilmenator and ac1983fan. Even on Day Two, he has said as much:
Barroman, 388 wrote:I think that Javert is right.

And another thing to say; Kilmentantor and ac1983fan always look to me suspicius... and that lasts votes were suspicius... and the both voted him. Probably to look like they were inocent?
His next post (which was [398]) says he "thinks that ac1983fan could be a pro-town role", and he also says he can see suspicion on Elias_the_thief due to his placement on the Ancalagon wagons. Basically – if I am following his suspicions correctly – his top suspect should be Kilmenator. When three people vote for her, he says "don't be so hasty!!!".

And yet. After Nocmen claims to have "reasonable proof" that Kilmenator is not scum, and after Kilmenator places a first vote on ac1983fan, we have this:
Barroman, 413 wrote:
Vote: Kilmentator

I don't understand what you have said...

4a.
Did you wanted to say, that you vote Ancagalon just because the deadline was near, and you want to lynch anyone, the one with more votes??????

4b
And now... you have voted ac1983fan?? I think he said he was the role-blocker, dind't he?
Both of these questions seem rather silly – rather like the Elias_the_thief questions at the game's commencement (numbered for efficacy):

->
4a
: We have actually already gone over how assuring that there is a lynch on D1 with 11 players is better than sitting back and not allowing a lynch at all. Unless Barroman disagrees with this (and if he does, I expect him to write a rebuttal to my post which explains this), there is nothing wrong with kilmenator did by making sure we had a lynch.

Furthermore, if somebody
did
have that state of mind, I fail to see how it is scummy in the context of it being a lynching vote on scum, unless you believe her to be part of a separate scum-group.

->
4b
: Seeing as Barroman himself has expressed suspicion on ac1983fan – both before and after his claim of role-blocker – I'm not quite sure how he suddenly gets to sound indignant for when somebody
else
places a vote on ac1983fan. It strikes me as very duplicitous, though that's not quite the word I'm looking for.

->
4c
: (Not from post above) Also, the fact that Barroman is telling people to "not be hasty" but still puts down a Kilmenator vote in the midst of a wagon strikes me as strange.

And of course, his absence at the end of Day One - when the wagon shifted to Ancalagon - though explained, still indicates that Barroman could have been reading the game (in that he was not strictly separated from a computer), but chose not to post. I can accept his explanation of familial problems, but it does not completely absolve him for the omission of his presence.

----

On another note, I was checking ac1983fan's list of posts where he found scummy things. The best before, he had claimed that everybody had something scummy except for MeMe. But in his list of posts, none of them were any of
my
posts. This strikes me as an oversight, but I would like to see it explained (in addition to seeing those posts explained, which I have asked for a number of times).

... and zut alors! This post ended up being long.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 8:44 pm

Post by Javert »

kilmenator, 411 wrote:To-Javerts vote because of the self admitted rather weak connection with ana, Do you not think that Ana would have tried to make connections between himself and others (innocents and scum alike) in the thread, being that he was scum and would try to take them (innocents) down with him?
My apologies for not answering this earlier, although this response is largely for the sake of argument at this point, and not because I suspect it to be the case.

At the time Ancalagon was most vocal with his suspicions on you, he was not under the threat of being lynched. I have found that when scum
are
about to be lynched (or believe they are, even if that is not the case), they tend to lay as many red herrings as possible, such that trying to analyze those particular posts are notoriously difficult. This is not as true for when scum do not believe they are in danger of being lynched. Since Ancalagon was
not
in the 'red herring' position, his objectives would be something like the following:

A.
End day with a lynch on somebody other than his scum group
B.
If somebody from his scumgroup looks like they may be lynched, he will have a backup plan (by either making himself look innocent, or by trying to connect somebody else to his partner, etc)

There could of course be other objectives (such as getting power roles to reveal themselves, etc). The post I cited in particular, however, seemed to fulfill both the main objectives.

He was pushing on a townsperson (omg_im_innocent_wtf) lynch overall, and his suspicions on you in particular were vague and unstable enough in that post - and in other posts - that it struck me as a back-up plan in the case you died as scum. In other words, I suspected he was distancing via using purposefully weak reasoning.

Again, I find that unlikely to be the case after your claim of guaranteed innocent Mason, but that was where I was coming from.
Barromán
Barromán
Townie
Barromán
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 9:08 pm

Post by Barrom├â┬ín »

I hope, all your reasons to vote me, aren't like this one. From the forums I come, people usually "acts" a little. So if I see a pro-town role death I'll be sad, and if I see a powerfull-pro-town role death I'll be more sad. And, obiously, I will do this, if I was PRO-TOWN or PRO-MAFIA. So THIS is not a reason to vote.

Ok, I accept this. I seem to you pro-mafia for my questions. He seem to me pro-mafia for his answer or (better) non-answers in time.

If I'm agree with something, I'll say it. If I'm not agree with something, I'll say it. What's the problem?

4. 4a
I believe that if the redline reaches, the one with more votes, get linch, don't he?
4b
I beg for your pardon, because my post 388, was like that because I didn't readed the last to pages. Obiously, if I see someone guilty, and we said that he is role-blocker, and nobody say "that's not true"... I will believe him, and I will change all my thoughts from this player.
4c.
That was a difference here. You must read (in order, of course) all this posts. 399, 400, 401, 403. In 403 was where I said "don't be hasty". At this moment Kil has 3 votes on him, and you didn't let him to speak.
Then Kil posted 411 & 412. In a difference of 2 minutes, something thant always look scumish for me, and he said two things that seem scumish for me.
So I wanted him to explain that and I voted him.

Well, I have HEAVY reasons from out the game that didn't let me read the game. If you don't believe that I think that is better if the mod search a replacement, because if all your attack is based on mi absence, it's better if I'm out.

And now, if they are masons...
Unvote: kilmentator
Some people say, that diferences are a reason to divide... but look at the rainbow.
Vive el momento presente. (Ch.Lubich)

[img]http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1226/chiquitajotrollsi3.png[/img]
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2007 9:39 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

It's the wrong thread. I think it's the standard pm for newbie games thread. Anyway, I've run some newbie games and I always get questions about that. I've played around 15 newbies I think and someone asks that roughly 75% of the time (game details on my wiki page. I really don't want to go into this, it's irrelevant.)

I saw Javert's post earlier, but I didn't want to respond till after Barroman did.

Point 1 reminds me of those classic scum-tell things. Like whether congratulating the doc is a possible scum-tells. I don't buy classic scum-tells, mainly because they're unreliable.

Point 3 does sound like B was 'sucking up' to Javert. However, it's an isolated case because it only happened once.

I don't read the question in 4a as a scum-tell,

I agree that B's absence on the Ancalagon wagon was scummy. Also, I don't like his very defensive response (point 5 in the latest post.)

I agree that the 'hasty' comment was scummy. I also don't like his explanation in point 4c. So apparently he managed to decide whether someone was scummy. He didn't think she was 2 minutes ago, and within the space of 2 minutes changes his mind. I don't think this is possible, judging from B's play this game.

At this point, I'm not sure what to think of ac1983fan's claim, and I'll be reevaluating that. Other than thinking Meme is not scummy, I don't know what else to think other than to
vote: barroman
Blank.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 12:36 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Grounded indefinitely.
Don't know when I'll be back around, so replace me if needed.
Not a dayvig.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2007 2:56 am

Post by MeMe »

I'm thinking Elias is a pretty good scum possibility -- but the Barroman case isn't bad.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2007 5:05 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Hm.

Other than the questions issue, I'm not getting a case for elias.
Blank.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

back from my trip. I'm actually interested in hearing the case on me. I cant get to posting the way/length i wanted to in this game just yet, that will hopefully come tonight or tomorrow night.
I play the games rul gud.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by MeMe »

Just a thought. I am looking forward to your promised answer to Sweeny's question.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2007 3:06 pm

Hmm. Did a reread focusing on AC. From what I read, I'll agree he is one of the scummier players in the game. I apologize in advance for a lengthy post.

So basically in the beginning he is suspicious for being extremely noncommittal, and for blatantly lurking in plain sight. He claimed there was nothing to talk about when there was actually a great deal going on. His silent unvote near the beginning of the game caught my eye as well. Anyways, he was eventually pressured into posting *some* content. The content he posts is not in agreement with my own opinions in most places, but thats not much of a scumtell. Later he posts his amazing list of scummy posts, without a list of authors or any explanation. When they are requested, he refuses/complains then doesnt do it. From what I've heard, these posts werent very scummy, though I havent read all of the ones he mentioned (at least not under the lens of searching for his supposed scumtells). Im kind of confused why the numbers jump around so much. If he had been rereading, or taking them as he went throughout the game, they probably wouldve been in some sort of order. To me it seems he just picked random ones and hoped no one asked for an explanation. Another thing that seemed wierd was requesting the no lynch. As meme said, it seems as if he really doesnt care about finding scum. My favorite is when asked about some bad logic earlier on, he says he "wasnt thinking straight". I mean, it might be true, but i dont like it. Even if he were town, he sure isnt much use to us with plays like that. In answer to Sweeny's question, I havent been voting him because I didnt realize how scummy he was. I was only thinking based off of that "i wasnt thinking straight" post, which I made a post about. In addition to that, I'm not completely certain whether or not to believe the roleblocker claim or not. We already have two dead power roles, im not hankering to lose another. However, he only roleclaimed, and never clarified his alignment, though concern for his alignment was expressed around the time of his claim. Now that I have reread focusing on him, I realize he's either scum or really unhelpful town, and in either case, he's a better lynch than other candidates IMO.

On the topic of the mason claim, Im also not sure whether to believe it. I havent been getting a good read on Noc all game, though i had a very slight scum feel from him. Kilm I wasnt too sure about either. Im probably going to reread focusing on those two later on to determine whether I believe the claim or not.

In conclusion, Ive decided that AC is probably scum, and I think Im willing to vote him, despite my uncertainty about his claim.
vote: ACfan
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 5:15 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Elias: Do you think scum would tie themselves together at day 2? When only one of them was under pressure?

Will we be getting a replacement for ac1983fan?
Blank.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 5:23 am

Post by kilmenator »

I would be fine with a little pressure on Elias, give me some time to generate some of my own, but if I remember correctly, I was suspicious of him earlier... more to come hopefully later today...
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 6:33 am

@ Kilm: Its hardly pressure if you tell me youre just putting pressure on me...

@Void: I think it's possible. Given a hypothetical situation where one scum is down and one is under pressure, its a feasible gambit. If theyre believed, they pretty much have the game. If they arent believed, theyve pretty lost it. Though I think its feasible, it doesnt seem likely. I was just throwing the possibility out there.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 9:26 am

Post by ac1983fan »

I'm back no need to replace.
I can't disagree with much of your postelias... but i can disagree with these:
Im kind of confused why the numbers jump around so much.
Scummy Things:
Less Scummy:
More Scummy:
I don't jump around they are in chrono order. with slightly scummy on top list and most scummy on the bottom list.

I'm sorry im a lurker, but that's just the way I play. In my 4 completed/dead/abandoned games I lurked in all of them. one I was away, I was scum; one I lurked, I was scum; two I lurked, I was town. you can check the games I'm in now, I have a lurking style there too.
and honestly, I might not contribute much to the discussion, but I generally try to use my own reasoning for voting, and not jsut read what someone else says and think it's right. not saying anyone here does that tho.
Not a dayvig.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 11:32 am

ok. I retract my point about the numbers. But im still confident about the rest of my case.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 9:23 pm

Post by Javert »

Mod
, could we please get prods on Nocmen and Sweenytodd?

I decided to hold off on posting for a few days to see if there would be any other reactions to the case on Barroman, but it doesn't appear it will be so.

Apologies for the quote-response-quote-response format, but after previewing my post without quotes, it's difficult to tell what I'm responding to. If there is a more efficient way to do this, I would love to hear it.
Barroman, 432 wrote:
I hope, all your reasons to vote me, aren't like this one. From the forums I come, people usually "acts" a little. So if I see a pro-town role death I'll be sad, and if I see a powerfull-pro-town role death I'll be more sad. And, obiously, I will do this, if I was PRO-TOWN or PRO-MAFIA. So THIS is not a reason to vote.
Is this meant to imply you were "acting" at the beginning of the game – or is this more of a translation problem here? If you could link me to this other forum so that I might do a background check on this claim, I would be much obliged.

Granted, this is not a particularly strong or compelling tell (as spectrumvoid had noted). I find this tell more useful simply by looking at the
response
it draws. This particular response was more defensive than Barroman's responses to all of my others points (save for the "deadline" response, #5), which I find amusing given that I think it is the weakest on the list. His reaction seems to outweigh the significance.

This will not be addressed, since you accept it.
Barroman, cont. wrote:
If I'm agree with something, I'll say it. If I'm not agree with something, I'll say it. What's the problem?
You are more than free to agree with things. However, agreeing when somebody unvotes
you
in particular is something which is unnecessary to do – of
course
you're going to agree with being unvoted. My point is that your statement in particular looked tailored to give me a "pat on the head" for being a "good boy" and unvoting you.
Barroman, cont. wrote:
4a
I believe that if the redline reaches, the one with more votes, get linch, don't he?
No – players are only lynched in this game if they reach the required number of votes. The player with the most votes could feasibly not be lynched if they do not hit that number. If kilmenator wanted to assure somebody was lynched, she would necessarily have to use her vote to do so – which she did. This has been discussed earlier.
Barroman, cont. wrote:
4b
I beg for your pardon, because my post 388, was like that because I didn't readed the last to pages. Obiously, if I see someone guilty, and we said that he is role-blocker, and nobody say "that's not true"... I will believe him, and I will change all my thoughts from this player.
Before I respond in more detail, I would like a clarification. Are you saying that [388] was made before you even read the last two pages – and hence you never saw either of the last votes on Ancalagon for yourself by that time? And you also never saw that ac1983fan had claimed role-blocker and was not counter-claimed? I would like very precise answers to these if possible.
Exactly
what had you read by that time?
Barroman, cont. wrote:
4c.
That was a difference here. You must read (in order, of course) all this posts. 399, 400, 401, 403. In 403 was where I said "don't be hasty". At this moment Kil has 3 votes on him, and you didn't let him to speak.
Then Kil posted 411 & 412. In a difference of 2 minutes, something thant always look scumish for me, and he said two things that seem scumish for me.
So I wanted him to explain that and I voted him.
One of the best ways to get a genuine reaction from somebody is to put votes on them. Three quick votes are bound to catch the eye - and since it takes 5 votes to lynch, kilmenator was in no real danger.

As I have pointed out, I don't think either of the two things you voted Kilmenator for were "scummy". Votes are necessary for lynches, and there is certainly no guarantee that ac1983fan is town. What do you think of Elias_the_thief's vote on ac1983fan, by the way?

What befuddles me is the fact that before posts 411 and 412, you clearly must have read post 404 – where Nocmen claims to have "reasonable proof" that kilmenator is pro-town, and yet you voted her regardless.
Barroman, cont. wrote:
Well, I have HEAVY reasons from out the game that didn't let me read the game. If you don't believe that I think that is better if the mod search a replacement, because if all your attack is based on mi absence, it's better if I'm out.
You need to understand something.
I
do not know if your real life problems
actually
kept you from posting in the game. You may be telling the truth, or you may be lying – I have no way of knowing. I will not dispute that you may have been having real life problems, but whether or not you deliberately refrained from posting at deadline for a good number of days is unknowable. As such, it will remain a possibility – and if you
did
purposely lurk at deadline, it is definitely more scummish than townish.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2007 11:33 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I'm here, I'm sorry I forgot to announce I've been light on caring about this this week, finals on monday have taken much of my time.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 4:07 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

ac1983fan: I'm in a couple of those other games you mentioned. I don't see why you can lurk obviously, and pass it off as your playstyle. We play to win, not to use a certain playstyle. I've also obviously ranted about this before.

I'm also pretty sure I've leaned heavily on you to explain post numbers before, not just sate the numbers somewhere.
Blank.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 8:38 am

Post by ac1983fan »

mod, votecount plz.

look, i'm sorry i lurk, it doesn't help that I've been in two advanced classes all year. starting next week, i probably wont have much homework until september.
Not a dayvig.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 9:43 am

I suppose there may be something to the barroman case. Though I dont like the way discussion is between Javert and Barroman, when barroman obviously has some trouble speaking english while Javert is the opposite. Perhaps some trouble comes from the translation?

Anyways, reread the thread. Im not sure I really see much evidence for or against the mason pairing, besides the fact that they dont really attack eachother. As I said, the gambit I mentioned is pretty unlikely. In conclusion, the mason claim seems genuine.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2007 5:41 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

• Vote Count:
    • 2) ac1983fan
      • Elias_the_thief
      • kilmenator
    • 2) Barromán
      • Javert
      • spectrumvoid
    • 5)
      not voting
      • ac1983fan
      • Barromán
      • MeMe
      • Nocmen
      • Sweenytodd
  • Lynch:
    5 votes
Last edited by LyingBrian on Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”