Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4176 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Post by Birds of Prey »

In post 4166, geists wrote:
In post 4162, Birds of Prey wrote:Why the fuck would you guess a reviver? Wouldn't that violate all the rules of mafia?

It would not.

QTs with dead players are a fairly well established thing in mafia. So are treestumps. Fully revived players are a rare mechanic but not unheard of.

I once played a game where every dead player in the game (on day...4? 5?) was revived (though voteless) for a day. The game also featured a dead player who could establish a one-gameday QT with a living player.

I probably shouldn't refer to the game because it still pains Oversoul.

Could also be a governor mechanic. Give them 24 hours to "undo" the lynch prior to the flip.

~The Sadly Sober P
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4177 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:05 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Poop.

Thank you for the edit anyway. :)
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4178 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:06 pm

Post by geists »

In post 4169, Oversoul wrote:You seem more angry this game than I remember from your other games.
Why?

In large part because of the frustrations inherent in a 28 player game. It's a lot of work making any sort of impact on the game's direction and I seriously doubt I'll be around long enough to see that change.

In that particularly post I was calling notsci out because I've been town as fuck and notsci is actually pretty good at reading me when my play isn't ambiguous. He nailed one of the biggest markers of my scum game in a recent game, and called me town for not exhibiting it in that game.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4179 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by geists »

Also, I was way more annoyed in the last game we played than in this one. But, you were scum in that game, so maybe you didn't notice.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4180 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by neil1113 »

In post 4127, neil1113 wrote:Everyone who's not voting Mist: Why? Why is Shroomish a better vote than Mist?

There needs to start being responsibility for votes. Shroomish over Mist is a bad decision. And there needs to be responsibility for that.

This.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4181 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Post by Birds of Prey »

And according to wiki, we "reflexively roleblock" all non-killing actions on us.

Technically.

~P
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4182 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Townie:
Birds of Prey
beastcharizard
xoflelf (claim)
notscience (mostly from TSO read, reads similar to Prisoner of Azkaban TSO)
Nero Cain (typical bull headed Nero. Just I am not on the receiving end of it this time)
Geists (have some niggling suspicions about them but fairly strong townread)
Majiffy (higher up depending on Shos's answer to my question)
Moggle Dance Troupe
Lord Mhork (would be higher but D2 has been fairly bad for him)
Egg (suspected early on but has greatly improved as the game progressed, but his vote is rotting on me. Why?)
Shos
HighShroomish (miller-gate interactions)

I guess they can be town:
Young and Beautiful
Always (I could write a novel on my paranoia of Mastin)
BulbaFenix (less active than I would like but contributes)
Abomination
ActionDan

They could be scum:
Squirrel Girl (don't really see the towniness from this one)
Svenskt Stal (does this person earnestly contribute to the game?)
The Goat
Neil1113 (I did not like his interactions with Leminiscate, still think he possibly recruited her to play the game to be scums together)

Scummy:
BBmolla (has done literally nothing this entire game)
ProHawk (didn't like him trying to take credit for Lem)
Venmar (has done exceptionally nothing this game except be super brusque with people, I can't remember if this is Venmar town meta though)
Mist7676 (super defensive unnecessarily)

Ok yeah.

Why has no one made Molla put his money where his mouth is?
I would gladly string his buttocks to the rafters if time allowed.

I think given the situation Mist is a good lynch.

VOTE: Mist
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4183 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:15 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 4179, geists wrote:Also, I was way more annoyed in the last game we played than in this one. But, you were scum in that game, so maybe you didn't notice.

The only thing I read for as scum is crumbs.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4184 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Game is probably the Bo7, with the Naraku SK, with a vig.

Why there wasn't a massive culling the first night, I don't know. But it saddens me.

28 large with only 2 deaths a cycle? That is a very long game.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4185 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 4178, geists wrote:In that particularly post I was calling notsci out because I've been town as fuck and notsci is actually pretty good at reading me when my play isn't ambiguous. He nailed one of the biggest markers of my scum game in a recent game, and called me town for not exhibiting it in that game.

Ok. You are now above Xoflelf on my list of townies.
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4186 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Post by Birds of Prey »

@Oversoul, you're a Yankee (northern US/British person) or scum aren't ya. Otherwise you would understand that aesthetician and ascetic sound really fucking similar.

@PV, you have total control of our vote until deadline.

~Drunk Titus
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4187 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Actually, now that I think about it.. Why didn't I put Shos higher on that list. He is the vig. Setups this large are all but confirmed to have a vigilante or else the games would stagnate.

:facepalm:
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4188 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 4186, Birds of Prey wrote:@Oversoul, you're a Yankee (northern US/British person) or scum aren't ya. Otherwise you would understand that aesthetician and ascetic sound really fucking similar.

~Drunk Titus

I mean, not enough to confuse the distinction between the two.

I was pronouncing aesthetic as "a stet ic" and ascetic as "a set ic" but I never once made the connection. I did take that NY Times dialect quiz and got Miami and two Northeastern cities, but that makes sense given the demography of where I grew up.
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4189 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by Birds of Prey »

In post 4187, Oversoul wrote:Actually, now that I think about it.. Why didn't I put Shos higher on that list. He is the vig. Setups this large are all but confirmed to have a vigilante or else the games would stagnate.

:facepalm:

How you know shos is vig?
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4190 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by Birds of Prey »

In post 4188, Oversoul wrote:
In post 4186, Birds of Prey wrote:@Oversoul, you're a Yankee (northern US/British person) or scum aren't ya. Otherwise you would understand that aesthetician and ascetic sound really fucking similar.

~Drunk Titus

I mean, not enough to confuse the distinction between the two.

I was pronouncing aesthetic as "a stet ic" and ascetic as "a set ic" but I never once made the connection. I did take that NY Times dialect quiz and got Miami and two Northeastern cities, but that makes sense given the demography of where I grew up.

That sounds the same yo.

~Still Drunk Titus for both posts.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4191 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:34 pm

Post by Oversoul »

He claimed to be part Vig, I assume his dueling gives him powers. But I don't know for certain.
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4192 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Post by Birds of Prey »

Mist claimed and maintained a townread on Lemin throughout the Lemin lynch process. Why would scum not bus for credit (however small it would be at that point)?

Shrommish had Rhaego as a I don't know what the fuck to do with this pile read (). Shroomish disagrees that if Rhaego is scum Egg is scum (). Votes Lemin () becoming 11th vote on wagon (doesn't want to lynch shos, doesn't want no-lynch)

~P
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4193 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 4182, Oversoul wrote:ProHawk (didn't like him trying to take credit for Lem)

LoL, after you mention my awesome post. (Actually put it in a link and ask for commentary which you probably hoped people wouldn't click on anyway). Yeah, you can still be scum, and if you are, you picked the wrong person to push.

The reason you have me in your scum pile is a load of crap.
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4194 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:36 pm

Post by Birds of Prey »

In post 4186, Birds of Prey wrote:@PV, you have total control of our vote until deadline.

Doh!

~P
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4195 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:38 pm

Post by Birds of Prey »

In post 4182, Oversoul wrote:I guess they can be town:
Young and Beautiful

Want to hear why you think they were roleblocked or jailkept by town or scum.
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4196 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:41 pm

Post by Birds of Prey »

In post 4193, ProHawk wrote:
In post 4182, Oversoul wrote:ProHawk (didn't like him trying to take credit for Lem)

LoL, after you mention my awesome post. (Actually put it in a link and ask for commentary which you probably hoped people wouldn't click on anyway). Yeah, you can still be scum, and if you are, you picked the wrong person to push.

While I (drink Titus) thinks Oversoul is a pile of scumshit, I want to know why you think they have you as a scumread as I'm apparently prone to scumread Oversoul according to Dr. Who...

~Drunk Titus
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4197 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:47 pm

Post by Birds of Prey »

In post 2171, Lemniscate wrote:
In post 2161, Nero Cain wrote:Well now we know why bop sux. But really, I've been
scum reading elf and shos all day and now I'm currently voting probscum lemi
so
Exactly whats wrong with me not caring which one of those three gets hung? Also whats so town about lemi that
my vote on him
is bad?

Giests, ignore goat this is a large reason why I scum read him in that nexus game. He's a red herring!

So you've been scum reading two of the main wagons all day, and as soon as I become a possible main wagon, you jump on board? Also, what exactly transpired in that time when both of your scum reads were the two main wagons with the most votes (before your vote tied me with another one); that you thought I would be a better wagon then them and placed a vote on me (who at the time, was not currently one of the top two wagons being discussed)? Just interested in hearing you quickly stumble over yourself to make a case on me.

I'm a woman. I've said this twice now. For someone who is so certain I'm "probscum"... you're not paying much attention to my actual posts.

In post 2660, Lemniscate wrote:
In post 2659, geists wrote:I really don't like that lemni has disappeared again while the wagon picked up speed.

I'm sorry, I'm here. I've told my partner(s) to keep quiet and let my lynch go through, there's relatively nothing we can do and I don't want them to out themselves, especially since at least one of them have a decent power that can help us. I've got no real power, I'm just a Mason, so I don't have any real power role claim. So in my opinion, if Shos and Xof are telling the truth, my wagon would probably most benefit the town in terms of lynching, because at least we don't lose a power role.

I realize I don't have much to say, I'm sorry. Like I said, this whole day with how many people are in this game is slightly overwhelming for me right now. I'm not "new" per say (in response to someones inquiry earlier), but I've just never played in a large game before. Sorry. :/

If I'm lynched before I'm able to come back on, good luck. And I'm leaving this here for my partners later references:

Alpha.
Omega.
Zen.

Oh, and since I'm giving information, all the information we've really gathered that can help is that there are
two scum teams from what our role PM's have given to us and if it matters, we have day talk and the way the mod clarified some of our questions, we suspect the two scum teams would too.
That's really the only info I have to give that would be most beneficial.

In post 2751, Lemniscate wrote:Wait what? I'm confused. I'm here for the moment:

I do not want my partners to give themselves away because honestly, there's not really any chance for another wagon to form, and at least with my lynch you guys will get information. If my partners gave themselves away, that'd only come to bite them in the butt in the end because scum would have a chance to pick apart people who have jewel shards and I won't put them in danger that way. Since I can't die at night, only by lynch, look at whoever hammers me. My partners can claim later when they have more of an upside to them.

I also never claimed to have 4 partners. I apologize if that's what it appeared. Ignore the remarks I posted for now, they will become relevant later on in the game. If I'm not the lynch for today, I'm easily confirm-able for tomorrow so either way, I'll be shown as town. I can character claim if it matters at this point?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Mist

I am okay with this direction however, especially Mist's desire to suddenly hurry up and lynch me, and how active Mist has become near deadline. Weird how that works... (don't consider a lynch on Mist, focus on the deadline! Just lynch that scum girl lemniscate!) That's the scummiest thing I've seen on my lynch wagon.

In post 2754, Lemniscate wrote:
In post 2752, ActionDan wrote:holy crap.

You can't die at night only by lynch.

why hasn't someone confirmed you so you'd be a permanent fixture that presumably would be town. I mean wat. what. wat.

It'd be pro-town to say how many masons there are btw.

And the alternative wagon is obviously mist. It's not like there was no chance of you not getting lynched.

Mist wagon came in the past couple of pages, at the timing of my post (and I still honestly believe), the likelihood of another lynch wagon taking off to 15 votes is ridiculously unlikely. I'd just as well play the lotto, then expect 15 alert people to be around to put their vote on Mist with the limited time left of the deadline.

Why is saying how many people are with me pro-town as compared to null? Honestly, I don't find your opinion highly favored in general. We all think you're scum. And I can see scum knowing how many masons are there can be pro-scum, as they'd know how many potentially confirmed town's can be there. So I'd guess giving that information would suit you well, but not necessarily the actual town.

P.Edit: What is the Wolf Pack? I can definitely say, I'm not part of any Wolf Pack.

In post 2759, Lemniscate wrote:What? Why am I anti-town?

Also Majiffy just proved my point.

And hold on Always I'm getting mod permission to post my role title. Or if I need to rephrase it I will, though I'm not sure how to rephrase it exactly. Supposedly the wording of my title matters, at least my teammates think so.

If you'd like one person who's vanilla to confirm I'm telling you the truth, I just talked with them and they said it might be a better idea then letting the lynch go through.

In post 2762, Lemniscate wrote:
In post 2760, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:You realize that two players have already stated role names in full, right?

Really? Can you point me to them (or one)? I think I missed that. If so I'll just say mine, I'm not sure if the mod is on right now... I just really don't want to be modkilled.

In post 2768, Lemniscate wrote:Oh okay.

I'm
Kocho, Town Undead Vanilla Mason

In post 2770, Lemniscate wrote:
In post 2767, Nero Cain wrote:I'm just a mason so I'm ok with getting lynched>>>>oh im unlynchable. Her "lynch" produces no kill=antitown

This is scum

What??? I never said I was unlynchable!!!

In post 3638, Lemniscate wrote:
In post 3636, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:Still want a xof lynch. Her commuting is insane, and completely contrary to what town would do in her position. Mhork is pretty suspicious for defending it, too.

Everyone seems to have the same conclusion, Mhork is scummy. Mhork defending XOF is very telling, but I feel like it'd be better to lynch Mhork, and if Mhork flips scum, we have their partner lined up.
That's 3/7 possible scum down by Night Three. And IF (and this is a big IF) Shos is who Shos says he is, then we have a vig who can help us find the 4th scum. If not then by Day Four we lynch Shos and BAM! 4/8 scum/SK down.

Can't get much easier than that?

VOTE: Mhork

I feel like it'd be easier to see Mhork hung right now than XOF, considering other's reads...

Lemin posts near end of day.
Noted flip-flopping on scumteam info ( 2 teams, then later one of 7/8)

Also not sure how to take in in terms of Mist-scum.

~P
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4198 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Post by shos »

Hey majiffy, what are the odds that toshu ismentioned in your role pm somewhere as flavor? Answer in a fashion that will not help scum. Just tell me if the nane is mentioned.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4199 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:37 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 4196, Birds of Prey wrote:
In post 4193, ProHawk wrote:

While I (drink Titus) thinks Oversoul is a pile of scumshit, I want to know why you think they have you as a scumread as I'm apparently prone to scumread Oversoul according to Dr. Who...

~Drunk Titus

"(didn't like him trying to take credit for Lem)"

Not sure I can infer anything else, don't think I was ever mentioned in any of his "catch-up" posts.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”