Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:14 am

Post by Majiffy »

I think reckless claiming and derpy wagoning is going to undo us more than not getting a few hood prs. Were bound to have some regular prs floating around that will be more useful in the short term.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:15 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1313, Ultimate Life Form wrote:no seriously its scum titus

take a good hard look

the eek x titus interactions were VERY ALIGNMENT INDICATIVE

I think this too, but it still looks to me like a chess game where the party line is 'I'll take the fall for the town here as long as you do something specific" and I'm having trouble figuring out which is coming from which alignment.

How do you generally read scum Titus?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:17 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1325, Majiffy wrote:I think reckless claiming and derpy wagoning is going to undo us more than not getting a few hood prs. Were bound to have some regular prs floating around that will be more useful in the short term.

I really wanted to limit any day play that didn't involve pure scumhunting (and finagling #3 and #4 but we can do that on any wagon) to Day 1.

Because of various people that isn't possible now, so I'm just going to hope that we do get to a point on a later day that makes it easy to get #1 and #5.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:19 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I don't understand why Titus thinks it's anti-town to hammer your own scumread. Or why she thinks people couldn't just revote the wagon once people got into their proper bandwagon positioning. Don't know if she's legitimately being obtuse or just playing from a survivalistic mindset. Based on her seeming to try and get out of being the last person on the wagon, I'm extremely concerned about the latter.

I think Bork, Charizard, and Mala all come out of that engagement looking pretty town. I'm speculating on some things and think Meek could be town, but his actions this game still do nothing except to point suspicion onto Titus, who's been his counterwagon this game. Thanks to his "whatever you wanna call it," I'm wondering if this is the same Titus that kept trying to grab those cookies from the cookie jar in Street Racers. These are definitely not SvS interactions.

Rubik's, you say you were caught up to 32 when you called Clusk out on his lack of contribution. But all you did after coming back to the thread was potshotting Titus from the sideline. Do you have anything else to contribute, or what?

I know people are pissed off at Toogeloo, but that was surprisingly consistent with his complaints about the policy lynch earlier. Snowstorm even has a post where he points it out here. I can kinda sorta see this being some masterplan to fuck over town, but I'm currently leaning towards genuine town frustration that may have transpired over the stupidity that was ensuing previously. Like, do you guys know how many posts were generated because Titus couldn't be bothered to hammer her own scumread? Still, what's the point of fucking every group out of an objective if you're just going to leave your vote on someone from the original lynch pool? You clearly knew which groups didn't receive votes on them just based on how you voted, so there was definitely some sort of systematic thought process going on here (whether or not it was a spur of the moment "I hate this game" sort of thing).

Cloud9 is scummy. But I might just be blinded by how shiny they are. You missed me asking about it earlier, but why did you decide to completely tunnel on Skot and ignore Clusk and Venmar, who also RVS voted? Skot's RVS vote was in the same neighborhood as Venmar's, so like Titus said, it's unlikely he did it to screw over a neighborhood out of an objective. Your lack of distinction is irksome and no one cares that you decided to PL Skot in the pregame. Your jump onto Toogaloo looks opportunistic.

Snowstorm is pretty town. I refuse to townread Nero out of spite.

Dear Mollie, I understand your concerns about Metal Sonic. I don't know how to read him because it does look like he's doing stuff in the background, although I can't tell if it's town-motivated or scum-motivated because that would require me to re-read this game (which I'm not doing at 6 in the morning). In Xenosaga he was town and egged on my quicklynch. And in Event Card Mafia, I couldn't shake the paranoia that he could be scum for a large portion of the game. I think he just has a really fluffy playstyle. Also, people should listen to you more because those FOS's could have prevented Toogaloo's mental aneurysm. And no, I also think there could have been some manipulation as to which neighborhoods got RVS voted off the bat and which ones didn't.

In post 949, Titus wrote:Bork suppose Eek and Feu are scum...now does being stubborn make sense?

No. Why would Feu unnecessarily draw attention to himself if they were buddies?

In post 1060, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 791, SnowStorm wrote:I'm liking Brian Skies. He can be town.

Well, meta makes me think that he's town
but the fact he's like "lets just scumhunt" which is ignoring the fact there HAS been a ton of scumhunting already + I feel like he's sorta ignoring the gamestate
(much like Mollie was) makes my nose itch

In post 701, Brian Skies wrote:(although I feel like there's enough information here that it's not really a policy lynch anymore)

Like, do you actually read the posts I make? Or are you just going to continue to misrep me and imply things that just aren't there? Also, I think Mollie is town.

/47
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:27 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1294, My Milked Eek wrote:For the others: the advice was to take a walk.

Also, Eek 180ed on Titus in the neighborhood thread overnight for [paraphrasing] being too stubborn about the wagon thing to be scum and it's weirding me out.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:31 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1323, Cloud Nine wrote:No one gives a shit about PR's

you're really bad. and dumb. please don't talk again. tia.

you and bork and others seem to have this dumb fucking mindset of "omg we need to achieve the objectives as soon as possible, fuck everything else in the mean time"

if you had even the slightest critical thinking ability you'd know how fucking dumb that mentality is

i don't know why this needs to be spelled out
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:33 am

Post by Speaker for the Dead »

In post 1330, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 1323, Cloud Nine wrote:No one gives a shit about PR's

you're really bad. and dumb. please don't talk again. tia.

you and bork and others seem to have this dumb fucking mindset of "omg we need to achieve the objectives as soon as possible, fuck everything else in the mean time"

if you had even the slightest critical thinking ability you'd know how fucking dumb that mentality is

i don't know why this needs to be spelled out

me

~mollie
"Sickness and healing are in every heart; death and deliverance in every hand.” orson scott card, speaker for the dead
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:42 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1330, zMuffinMan wrote:fuck everything else in the mean time

Yeah I guess I missed the part where I said this. What I did say was "let's try to figure out who to lynch in 24 hours if we can and not make superfluous votes on people so we can get some extra night actions early in the game and not have to fucking worry about it anymore"

But objection noted.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:44 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Also maybe you could stop being a cock too.
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:44 am

In post 1332, borkjerfkin wrote:let's try to figure out who to lynch in 24 hours

yeah, that's what you've been saying!
"Sickness and healing are in every heart; death and deliverance in every hand.” orson scott card, speaker for the dead
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:47 am

i suppose i imagined the part where you were town reading eek and still wanted to lynch him

i am bad at reading
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:48 am

no never mind, turns out i didn't imagine that

go figure!
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:48 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1335, Speaker for the Dead wrote:i suppose i imagined the part where you were town reading eek and still wanted to lynch him

I'm not fucking sure how I feel about eek.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:49 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Seriously if this is gonna be a game full of you being passive aggressive just tell me now so I can leave
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:49 am

because, you know, wanting to lynch a town read isn't saying omg we need to achieve the objectives and fuck everything else in the mean time at all!
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:50 am

were you or were you not town reading eek when you voted him?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:51 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

I was and I thought he had some kind of extra thing up his sleeve (re: titus hammer)

I am not sure about that now.
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:52 am

so in what way is wanting to lynch a town read not saying fuck everything else, achieve objectives?
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:55 am

also don't care what your read is now, i was making a point that, while i don't agree with what toogeloo did, he's fucking right in what he says
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:00 am

what are your current reads bork
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:03 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Because making the best guess we can after 24 hours (which expired before any of this shit with eek went down) and controlling votes is something that I actually thought was going to be a huge boon to us and it's not like that precluded us from ever possibly getting a scum lynch today and people are acting like it does.
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:06 am

yeah, that was a good strategy (i agree with it). forcing it, on the other hand, is not a good strategy
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:08 am

the wya i envisioned this day phase playing out is using a fos system instead of votes, lynch when the fos count reaches the lynch threshold by organising neighbourhoods onto the lynch to potentially achieve objectives 3/4, IF that lynch was the one neighbourhoods predicted, yay, bonus, if not, whatever, forcing it does not help things apart from achieving objectives, which aren't a necessity immediately
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Speaker for the Dead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:09 am

the way that this game actually played out: 50 pages of fucking derp in less than 48 hours. fun fucking times
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:10 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1344, Speaker for the Dead wrote:what are your current reads bork

Here are some quick tiers that I compiled in like 2 minutes:

Town:
Rogue
Brian
Majiffy
...you guys (and your demeanor is reinforcing that even if you're kinda being a jerk [seriously I'd appreciate if you'd stop])
Brian
Venmar

(Tier 2)
---
Snowstorm
feu (both eek and titus are scumreading them in the hood now which I find odd/interesting)
nero
ika

(Conflicted and want to work out asap. Really really think there is 1 scum here due to interactions)
----
eek
Titus

(Others/Lynchable)
----
Toog (I'm willing to talk to people more about this since some are coming down hard in his defense but the manner in which he did it provided pretty much no help to town)
ULF
SKOT
Cloud 9
Rubik
Clusk
PV

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”