Mini 425 Generic Western Mafia- Game over!

pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 5:39 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Peter Venkman wrote:I attacked VRK because of post 41.

As CTD pointed out, and VRK admitted he
estimated
those numbers with three scum. He didn't add any caveats. It sounds like someone who knows the exact number of scum. Later, when confronted with the new knowledge of a possible SK (which scum wouldn't know about), he adjusts his numbers.
Thought it was weird you threw the
Peter wrote:
With
1/4 to 1/3 of the players being on their team it is easy to sway the town in sublte ways

With sounds more like knowing then estimated does, and is pretty subtle.

That alone doesn't quite garner a vote for either of you.

We need more opinions....
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 8:12 pm

Post by Raffles »

I don't think scum estimates are any indication of alignment in this game. The rule of thumb in mini (and in most games) and this especially being the "normal" is 25% of the population is scum. Guessing the number of scum in this game is not significant.
Woof!
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 3:02 am

Post by gorckat »

John and xombie are tops on my list. xombie per the post where I voted him. I'm around today and will post more when I can.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 7:01 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Raffles wrote:I don't think scum estimates are any indication of alignment in this game. The rule of thumb in mini (and in most games) and this especially being the "normal" is 25% of the population is scum. Guessing the number of scum in this game is not significant.
pickemgenius wrote: That alone doesn't quite garner a vote for either of you.
I'm not the one saying it is an indication of alignment or even that significant.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 7:16 am

Post by Raffles »

Where did I say it was addressed to you?
Woof!
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 7:36 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Do you understand the difference between saying "There are 3 scum" and "there are 1/4 to 1/3 scum player?"

One is an exact number, one isn't.

Either way, your defense of VRK has ruined any chance of him doing it himself. I don't know how the hell you people expect to out scum if you aren't going to put pressure on people.

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Sefer »

DeathSauce replaces Avinyl, effective immediately.
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 11:47 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Peter Venkman wrote:Do you understand the difference between saying "There are 3 scum" and "there are 1/4 to 1/3 scum player?"

One is an exact number, one isn't.
Peter wrote: I assume town players are smart enough to catch scum tells, therefor I try not to announce them when I spot them
You seem to be able to have town pick up on scum tells by themselves, well maybe they can do a little math by themselves, it's not hard.

1/4=3
1/3=4
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 12:02 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Howdy. You folks have been busy. It might take me the rest of today and most of tomorrow to catch up. Sorry my predecessor decided to abandon you.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 12:20 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Oh yes, I nearly forgot

unvote
any vote that Avinyl might have placed
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by Thesp »

Peter Venkman wrote:I attacked VRK because of Post 41.

As CTD pointed out, and VRK admitted, he estimated those numbers with three scum. He didn't add any caveats. It sounds like someone who knows the exact number of scum. Later, when confronted with the new knowledge of a possible SK (which scum wouldn't know about), he adjusts his numbers.

In addition, his treatment of me isn't consistant. I outlined my feelings not even one page ago in Post 455, and Post 462.

-Peter
I really, really like this line of thought.
Raffles wrote:I don't think scum estimates are any indication of alignment in this game. The rule of thumb in mini (and in most games) and this especially being the "normal" is 25% of the population is scum. Guessing the number of scum in this game is not significant.
I think you're waaaaaay off base here in every way.

Unvote: John, Vote: Vel-Rahn Kuhn.
I'd still like to see John swing, but I'm perfectly happy lynching VRK.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 5:21 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

PickMeGenius, are you being dense on purpose?? I don't know how to respond to you.

I am curious why you are defending VRK. Don't think I forgot you replaced Guardian.

I'd also like to remind everyone of
THIS
VRK Gem:
VRK wrote:Guardian is town.
Glad you two are so tight. Why??

-Peter
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 6:20 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Peter Venkman wrote:Pick
Em
Genius, are you being dense on purpose?? I don't know how to respond to you.
No.You just did.
Peter Venkman wrote:I am curious why you are defending VRK. Don't think I forgot you replaced Guardian.
You got on him for guessing scum #'s (which you have done)
And his inconsistant view of you, which I don't view as weird, because this is a game of mafia, rereads can create different opinions on people.
I did replace Guardian. What about it.
Peter Venkman wrote:I'd also like to remind everyone of
THIS
VRK Gem:
VRK wrote:Guardian is town.
Glad you two are so tight. Why??

-Peter
I don't think we're that tight.
I just don't see much to your reasoning of voting him.
VRK isn't the only one to say a comment like that.(see: thesp)

*yawn*
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 7:09 pm

Post by Raffles »

@Thesp: If that is "way" off base, I don't know how you can justify "scum-tells". At least it's more reliable. I'll give you a reply to "something proven by science" later. Especially since they are bit more like granny's 2 cents.
Woof!
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 8:00 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

as a quick thought, and a restate:
Paradoxombie wrote:just a suggestion, perhaps we should all list all of our suspicions
i've done my part, lets get some others, it certainly can't hurt with deadline ending in about 3 days.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 10:29 pm

Post by Occult »

I'm not saying all my suspicions but I'll name three:
Nearer to deadline my vote is going to (unless it changes by then):
Paradoxzombie

To a lesser extent I'm suspicious of:
Peter
Pickemgenius
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 1:54 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Hi. Sorry for keeping you guys waiting.

The main reason why I voted mustafa15 is his voting behaviour.
mustafa15 wrote:I voted on Vryklan just as a gut feeling. I thought that he had been acting the scummiest in the game so far, and so I voted him. Rereading this thread, I honestly don't quite see what I was so unhappy about, so I'll unvote:Vryklan. I definetly agree that he doesn't deserve to have 4 votes on him.
He doesn't deserve to have 4 votes on him, but obviously he deserved 3 votes, since mustafa15 put on the 3rd one himself. Sounds a bit insincere. But wait!
mustafa15 wrote:I don't like this post, with the too townie and the random vote after discussion had started. Then, in post 171, he talks about a couple of people lurking and votes Ichigo for lurking, in his 3rd post with any content at all whatsoever, the darned hippocrit Razz . Plus he talks in indigo, which is slightly annoying, and pushes me over the edge into vote:Avinyl.

Note: I know I'm putting him at lynch -3, but I don't really see that as being to big of a deal. It does make some caution neccessary, I suppose.
It turns out that 4 votes are not a big deal after all.

The feeling I'm getting from him is that he's very cautious and deliberate with his vote, always trying to make sure that the town doesn't take it the wrong way. That's scummy to me. The generally low profile he's been keeping fits in with this as well.

That said, we have a deadline fast approaching, and I'd rather lynch Vel-Rahn Kuhn under these circumstances. Mighty convenient, by the way, how he's disappeared just now.

Unvote, Vote: Vel-Rahn Kuhn
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 5:40 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

For those interested in voting patterns, here are the two closest to lynch we've had, followed by the current trend on me. Also note, that these votes are in the order they were received.

3rd Vote count:
Vryklan (4): Avinyl,
Guardian, mustafa15, Vel-Rahn Koon

7th Vote Count:
Avinyl (5): John,
Vel-Rahn Koon, mustafa15, Guardian
, Occult

10th Vote Count:
Peter Venkman(2): Avinyl, Vel-Rahn Koon

If you havn't been paying attention, you might have been able to guess who puts the next vote on me. Yep, PickEm/Guardian. Anyone want to guess who is going to be on after that?

-Peter
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

PickEmGenius wrote:You got on him for guessing scum #'s (which you have done)
No, I didn't get on him for guessing scum numbers. No one has. Rather, CTD posted an excellent discovery. I just agreed. Why can't you understand the difference? Why aren't you voting on CTD?
PEG wrote:And his inconsistant view of you, which I don't view as weird, because this is a game of mafia, rereads can create different opinions on people.
You are correct, re-reads do create different opinions
because we have new information when reading the old posts
PEG wrote:I just don't see much to your reasoning of voting him.
Of course you don't. As outlined above, I expected you to OMGUS vote me the second VRK laid down his vote.

-Peter
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 6:42 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Hmmm, interesting catch there Peter. I had Guardian/VRK linked in my notes, although not necessarily as scum, but not mustafa15.

I don't believe pickemgenius has put a vote on you, did I miss that? Or is it a lingering vote made by Guardian?
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 7:08 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Peter Venkman wrote:
PickEmGenius wrote:You got on him for guessing scum #'s (which you have done)
No, I didn't get on him for guessing scum numbers. No one has. Rather, CTD posted an excellent discovery. I just agreed. Why can't you understand the difference? Why aren't you voting on CTD?
Hmm. Ok. My vote is on nobody.
Death wrote:I don't believe pickemgenius has put a vote on you, did I miss that? Or is it a lingering vote made by Guardian?
Peter wrote:Of course you don't. As outlined above, I expected you to OMGUS vote me the second VRK laid down his vote.
I didn't and really have no reason to.
I don't believe i've ever said ZOMG JOO ARE SCUM, or even hinted that you are.
I like prodding, you like prodding, we prodded.
End of story.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 7:15 am

Post by gorckat »

Hmmm...I'm sold on VRK right up until you speculate on who votes you next Peter...

The sensational nature seems a little much.

However...my radically unfounded scum team guesses (assuming 3 per team): CTD/Thesp/Peter or VRK/pick/mustafa.

Thesp and CTD's entry has been good for Peter...but the case against VRK seems reasonable, as well as CTD's notes on mustafa. The two in conjuinction give me some confidence in:

vote:Vel-Rahn Koon

xombie and John are still on my radar as not town friendly, however. I suppose they could be SK's, as Thesp put out for John, or 4th men on the teams I proposed. Or just lurkers.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 7:26 am

Post by pickemgenius »

mod:vote count please, thanks!
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 8:17 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

I'll comment on some of the things that have happened since Monday, and post my reasons for my Peter vote.

Peter Venkman wrote:Bandwagoning with whom? CTD is voting on Mustafa. Are you even paying attention?
No, no I wasn't, so my apologies to both you and CTD for my accusations of voting and bandwagoning back in post 457.
CTD wrote:Another thing that made me scratch my head was the way you jumped off Avinyl in your post #382:
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote: I get absolutely nothing from John, Avi, Mustafa, and Raffles.

Then why was your vote on him for 8 whooping pages?
The initial vote was a pressure vote for lurking, and there was no one else who caught my attention for a vote so I just left it there.

My reasons for voting Peter:

Post 77, 95, 97 and others: Statements that Scum can afford to be outspoken in the beginning, because all arguments come down to WIFOM. Yet, he contradicts this sentiment in post 130 with a comment that states that scum should be worried about dying in the early game. If scum should be worried about dying, why would they be outspoken and potentially say something that could get them into trouble.

215 - vote for Guardian for "leading" the town, skeptical of anyone who believes in their convictions. I don't see how you're supposed to play this game if you don't believe in what you're doing. If you don't think someone is scum, why go after them? These are very black and white type statements, and seem to ignore the fact that convictions can change over time as new information is presented. FoS on everyone voting for Avi because scum can quicklynch, FoS for Mustafa because...he's voting after Guardian (post 217).

228 - among other things, a comment that scum would be foolish to wait for a -3 bandwagon before hopping on, which is a direct contradiction to the FoS for everyone voting for Avi in 215. Either the scum will jump on or they won't. Which is it?

Points out Guardian vote hopping "hoping for momentum to grow" but at that point it was the only time that Guardian had switched his vote as far as I can tell.

Calls out Guardian for playing at the whim of others, yet in the same post he asks if Guardian would be more comfortable if Peter put a vote on Mustafa instead, which seems hypocritical.

236 - states that Day 1 the raw odds are that a Townie will be lynched, and Guardian's "freaking out" about getting lynched will just get another Townie lynched. All well and good, but statistical raw odds don't jive in Mafia, where one of the prime mindsets is that you keep Day 1 going as long as you possibly can so that you can gather as much information as possible, and thereby reduce the raw odds of lynching a Townie.

Personally, it seems as though Peter has been doing his own directing of the town in the Guardian attacks, and trying to throw suspicion on Guardian for his comment about wanting to stay alive. I agree it's not a good town play, but as I've said, Guardian seems more newbie to me than scum, and newbs do a lot of stupid stuff.

260 - a subtle shift occurs in language, where Peter says that town shouldn't play to stay alive which is subtly different from town shouldn't be afraid to die. It seems to me that he is starting to try to mitigate his stance after the argument with Guardian is beginnning to lose steam.

286 - attempts to drop the argument with Guardian

288 - picks up the argument again, to a degree. Accuses John of role-fishing, which I thought was a great misinterpretation of what John was actually saying. Introduces an arugment about vanilla townies trying to stay alive if there's a cop, which is going in a completely different direction from the bulk of the argument. Directs the town towards post 266 to find more of Guardian's mis-qualifiers, but townies shouldn't be directing. States that Guardian is misrepresenting him by taking out the qualifiers such as "at this time", but the way the argument has structured itself to this point indicates that if Peter is talking about Day 1, so is Guardian. Guardian made no other statements to the contrary.

299 - defends xombie in a very defensive manner by jumping on John's request for a clarification. Post 254 had Peter express suspicions of John, Guardian, and Mustafa for covering for each other, which is another contradiction.

305 - evidence of Guardian and John supporting each other and he doesn't understand why players should do this. But, he did this same thing back in post 299. Slight appeal to emotion concerning getting lynched or nk'd and providing information to the town as a result.

324 - Guardian is dividing the town over an argument of playstyle. This isn't a one-way street - both of them are guilty of this, but Peter rests the blame squarely on Guardian.

398 - more of the same. Everything on Day 1 is WIFOM, no call to trust anyone, etc. Oblique finger pointing back towards Guardian for directing town, but at this point he's done almost all of these things himself, so I fail to see where he's right and anyone else is wrong.

404, 409 - doesn't like Thesp leading the game, but I don't see how he's leading the game. Thesp presented his thoughts and let others develop their own opinions of those thoughts. Town shouldn't lead, everyone should be suspicious, yada yada yada.

421 - vote for John, but there's no reasoning to be seen other than he "distrusts" him. Seems like he's doing what he accused Guardian of doing back in 228 (vote hopping).

423 - Guardian leading a bandwagon (how?) and pushing the town, something of which Peter is guilty.

454 - votes me for my inconsistency of determining number of scum, vote hopping from John in the process.

468 - deadline approaching, appeal to emotion to find someone to lynch.

Summary:

Peter has been saying all along that we shouldn't be leading, shouldn't be defending others, yet he's been more than willing to forgo these ideals when it suits his purposes. There have also been several incidences of Peter contradicting himself. There's no blatant scummy post that I can point out - everything taken as a whole is what I have a problem with.

So there's my reasoning for my vote on Peter. If lynching me today seems like the better play for everyone, then so be it.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 9:48 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

@PEG, sorry, I misread, thought you had voted. My point still remains valid, as you are certainly defending VRK and attacking me.

----

@VRK, thanks for finally giving us your reasons. I think it is a little unfair that you didn't use a single quote in your entire argument, or even bother linking to the posts in question. If my words are so incriminating, why did you have paraphrase
post by post
with your interpretation?

Most important, you ignore every instance of me qualifying my argument with statements like "in day one." You conveniently drop those, and paint me in black and white. You are correct in that some of my arguments appear absurd when you apply them to situations I didn't intend.

Some specifics:
VRK wrote:Guardian is dividing the town over an argument of playstyle. This isn't a one-way street - both of them are guilty of this, but Peter rests the blame squarely on Guardian.
I realized this and dropped the argument, Guarding did not. You attacked me than for doing so. Why is Guardian excused from this behavior? Oh yeah, he is a noob. I have one complete Mafia game
ever
, but I won't hide behind a noob defense.
VRK wrote:Guardian leading a bandwagon (how?)
Have you allready forgotten all those "lynch peterscum!!!" posts??
VRK wrote:deadline approaching, appeal to emotion to find someone to lynch.
Appeal to what emotion? Until CTD made his post, the town had no quality arguments from anyone, just random speculation.
VRK wrote:There have also been several incidences of Peter contradicting himself. There's no blatant scummy post that I can point out - everything taken as a whole is what I have a problem with.
I was correct than when I predicted you don't have a good argument, and instead were going back over my posts looking for petty discrepancies. This quote reads as something you will use in your defense on Day Two when my role is revealed.
VRK wrote:If lynching me today seems like the better play for everyone, then so be it.
Objectively, I think we should lynch the person that appears most scummy and has given us the most information to work with. Than Day Two we can use that as a springboard to launch further discussion.

I like the idea of lynching you because:
a) You appear somewhat scummy
b) Some players have come to your defense
c) You have defended some players.

This gives us some information to work with Day 2.

-Peter

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”