Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:11 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

Wrong. When is a no lynch good?
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:14 am

Post by geists »

In post 2347, Svenskt Stål wrote:
In post 2342, geists wrote:
In post 2338, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:for those unaware of flavor and too lazy to look it up:

Shippo is the little fox demon who joins the protagonists several episodes into the series. He has transformation magic that he mostly uses to distract enemies or provide transportation for a single person. He is super weak and usually doesn't fight, and he's into human girls for some reason. If he fights, he bites or uses foxfire, neither of which hurts anything very much.

From the inuyasha wiki, which I strongly suspect ceph referred to heavily while making the setup (my PM image is the one at the top of my character's page):

Foxfire: The ability to create incredibly hot greenish fire with demonic skills. It has next to no burn effect on opponents, but it can burn things like spider webs. It can neutralize fire from enemies, making it more of a defensive spell than an attack. The flame can be turned blue and can be held in his hand as a torch, such as when he is in caves or dark areas. This is also his main attack. Foxfire can be used as a shield, too. This was first shown when the fur of Shippō's deceased father created Foxfire to protect Shippō and Kagome from Hiten's thunderbolts. This ability also made its debut in the tenth episode of the series.

I don't get what you're trying to say here.

i cant find any info about wether scum has daytalk, do you know?

I dun't know and I can't really predict. This is the 3rd Ceph game I've played. In the AMoL mini scum had daytalk. In FE:A I am not positive but I don't think they had daytalk. That game had a ton of family neighborhoods and the neighborhoods weren't open during the day. I will dig through the FE:A postgame and see what I can find.
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:17 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

In post 2350, Lord Mhork wrote:Wrong. When is a no lynch good?

alot of times.

first of all, its an essential tool if at the end of the game you have an even number of players. for instance, say that there is 6 players alive with 2 scum. the correct approach that day is to no lynch, and use the remaining lynch the day after.

second of all, what you are actually saying is taht you are fine lynching anyone if the other option is nolynch. That either shows a complete disbelief in your own town reads, OR that you actually dont give a fuck and just want people dropping, which is scum mind set or the town clown.
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:18 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

In post 2351, geists wrote:
In post 2347, Svenskt Stål wrote:
In post 2338, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:for those unaware of flavor and too lazy to look it up:

Shippo is the little fox demon who joins the protagonists several episodes into the series. He has transformation magic that he mostly uses to distract enemies or provide transportation for a single person. He is super weak and usually doesn't fight, and he's into human girls for some reason. If he fights, he bites or uses foxfire, neither of which hurts anything very much.

From the inuyasha wiki, which I strongly suspect ceph referred to heavily while making the setup (my PM image is the one at the top of my character's page):

Foxfire: The ability to create incredibly hot greenish fire with demonic skills. It has next to no burn effect on opponents, but it can burn things like spider webs. It can neutralize fire from enemies, making it more of a defensive spell than an attack. The flame can be turned blue and can be held in his hand as a torch, such as when he is in caves or dark areas. This is also his main attack. Foxfire can be used as a shield, too. This was first shown when the fur of Shippō's deceased father created Foxfire to protect Shippō and Kagome from Hiten's thunderbolts. This ability also made its debut in the tenth episode of the series.

i cant find any info about wether scum has daytalk, do you know?

I dun't know and I can't really predict. This is the 3rd Ceph game I've played. In the AMoL mini scum had daytalk. In FE:A I am not positive but I don't think they had daytalk. That game had a ton of family neighborhoods and the neighborhoods weren't open during the day. I will dig through the FE:A postgame and see what I can find.

moogles post just gave me the vibe of coming from someone wh masterminded the claim and couldnt help but to fill in the gaps.

paranoia is strong today.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:22 am

Post by geists »

Ok, per the role pms in this postgame post, FE:A's scum team didn't have day chat.
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:23 am

Post by HighShroomish »

In post 2352, Svenskt Stål wrote:
In post 2350, Lord Mhork wrote:Wrong. When is a no lynch good?

alot of times.

first of all, its an essential tool if at the end of the game you have an even number of players. for instance, say that there is 6 players alive with 2 scum. the correct approach that day is to no lynch, and use the remaining lynch the day after.

second of all, what you are actually saying is taht you are fine lynching anyone if the other option is nolynch. That either shows a complete disbelief in your own town reads, OR that you actually dont give a fuck and just want people dropping, which is scum mind set or the town clown.

Um... I'm with Mhork on this. A 28 player game needs to shrink. No matter what. Of course, you want to pursue scum reads, but at 28, or really anything over 18, I'm not gonna vote no-lynch
And because I don't want a Shos lynch or Xofelf lynch-
VOTE: LEMNISCATE
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:24 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

well this is going way too easy
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

It's not like any of my strong town reads are on the table, Sven. The closest is xof who isn't installing me with massive confidence now that she's here and posting.

PEDIT:
No shit. It's like the opposite of shos
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Yea d1 no lynch is dumb. Where is the sven from nexus wwe mafia?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:38 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 2338, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:
<snip>

What part of that ability suggests that this is a means of detecting whether or not an entity is undead? Shippo never uses foxfire as some sort of investigative action afaik, he uses it as a somewhat laughable offense and modest defense.
Moogle Dance Troupe
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:38 am

Post by Moogle Dance Troupe »

In post 2359, Kagami wrote:
In post 2338, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:
<snip>

What part of that ability suggests that this is a means of detecting whether or not an entity is undead? Shippo never uses foxfire as some sort of investigative action afaik, he uses it as a somewhat laughable offense and modest defense.

Moogle Dance Troupe
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:40 am

Maybe I'm biased by my own PM, but everything about my role is quite appropriate to the flavor. Sounds like Y&B's is too, and I'm not terribly sure about shos's, but if the dueling thing is what I'm guessing it is, that makes sense too.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:43 am

Post by The Goat »

In post 2358, Nero Cain wrote:Yea d1 no lynch is dumb. Where is the sven from nexus wwe mafia?

This.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:44 am

Post by geists »

What I mean is, are you suggesting it's a fake claim and we should be lynching there? I don't get that kind of resolve from your post.
Moogle Dance Troupe
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:45 am

Are you serious ferry?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:46 am

Post by Nero Cain »

People that need to die

SG
Abomination
Neil
Bulb
Kat
Angryice
Mist
Shos

And then maybe
Jiffy
Mhork
Always

Also, mass flavor claim tomorrow
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Moogle Dance Troupe
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:52 am

In post 2353, Svenskt Stål wrote:...

moogles post just gave me the vibe of coming from someone wh masterminded the claim and couldnt help but to fill in the gaps.

paranoia is strong today.

Yes sven, that's how I fill gaps, by saying that the claim makes no sense and is fake.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

And lemi but that's todays lynch so yeah .....

ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:57 am

Post by ProHawk »

In post 2316, Svenskt Stål wrote:
Ffer
squirrel
prohawk

Lets get the gang together and abolish this foolishness.

Nope nope and nope. Not one person commented on my case. Not one. I'm not moving from this foolishery.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:04 am

Post by geists »

In post 2364, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:Are you serious ferry?

I feel like I'm missing something, but I don't have time right now to figure out what it is. This is not a good day for sitting down and rereading carefully.
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:04 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

In post 2363, geists wrote:What I mean is, are you suggesting it's a fake claim and we should be lynching there? I don't get that kind of resolve from your post.

no, just something that hit me
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:05 am

Post by geists »

In post 2368, ProHawk wrote:
In post 2316, Svenskt Stål wrote:
Ffer
squirrel
prohawk

Lets get the gang together and abolish this foolishness.

Nope nope and nope. Not one person commented on my case. Not one. I'm not moving from this foolishery.

I don't think that's the foolishery svenskt was talking about. :/
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:09 am

Post by AngryIcerink »

My god, if I acknowledge your case will you stop being a whiny little bitch about it?

In post 2179, ProHawk wrote:
In post 2055, Lemniscate wrote:Okay? What about it? My vote was exactly what it appeared to be.
I was sheeping
the YandB wagon because
nobody was listening to any other wagon that was trying to form
at that moment and
I just wanted to get past Day 1.

So from my analysis, there was no one to sheep exactly from the last couple of pages (Votes were static), nor any other wagon was even being attempted to be pushed (Even Majiffy was being quiet about Shos at that point). From the statement "After the past couple of pages" leads me to believe that there was something IN the pages that led you to that conclusion, yet you say it was just a sheeping vote and you do not comment further on the question I asked.

This is not a town-response to these questions. Am I all alone in my reasoning here?

This case is pretty shitty. You are nitpicking the use o the word "sheeping" when Lemon clearly said that she was sheeping THE WAGON and not any particular vote/case. You pretty much AGREE that nobody was 'listening to any other wagon' by pointing out that no other wagons were really getting pushed in the first place. Of the 3 wagons you quoted, 1 of them was on Lemon, and that one and the Xof wagon combined had less than the number of votes on Y&B. The assertion that she just wanted to get past D1 makes a fair amount of sense in this context and how long and tedious this day is (which she also pointed out in her opening post). Its not unreasonable to think that Y&B posted something in the last few pages that made Lemon less opposed to lynching them.

your only other accusation is that she isn't following up on your question...which she did and the response feels genuine-ish to me. Even if she didn't point out exactly what changed her mind in the posts in question.

Lets face it, this votehop of Lemon's is basically low hanging
fruit
lemons and you are probably scum for this crappy push. \o/. Read on Mhorky?

~Tweety Bird
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am

Post by AngryIcerink »

In post 2372, AngryIcerink wrote:My god, if I acknowledge your case will you stop being a whiny little bitch about it?

I regret being this pointed, please forgive my being caustic.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:11 am

Post by ProHawk »

Sounded to me like he was trying to get me to move onto the leading wagon at the time? :S

P-EDIT: Go hide in a corner Tweety Bird. No one cares about you. And I don't have a read on Mhorky.

P-P-EDIT: Please forgive my comment about no one caring. I was also caustic.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”