Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4375 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 4372, ActionDan wrote:Also I don't know if it goes without saying but in a 5-20 match up and mostly protown events, I'd say the game was very balanced towards town.

About followers. I assumed an assortment, not 3 trackers.

Eh. As you can see with what happened after the curb stomp, it can go either way.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4376 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by zoraster »

Yeah. Well. I warned you for a reason.

Oh! I was going to say. I made a design error. I meant for the adjusting investigator to be a REPORTER/Tracker/Gunsmith/Cop, but I wrote Follower and by the time I realized it, it wouldn't have been fair to change it.

Anyway, I don't think it's particularly town sided.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4377 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Imagine how much more townsided it would have gone if Always On actually occured, yeesh.

Was I just a low info kill?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4378 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Maguaaaaaaaa
:p
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4379 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by zoraster »

In post 4374, Magua wrote:@zoraster: Concerning lylo cards, what would you have done if non-Friday had been lynched and then Friday had no-killed [to get a better lylo card]? If talah's and Juls' roles are removed, scum has no reason to kill if any lylo card besides "normal lylo" is drawn.

I would have just gone to the next day. I wrote the rules for lylo precisely for a reason: it's only those situations where during the start of day there is one more town than scum.

And you may be right, but also consider that means that a Regular event card gets drawn instead. Always On? Dia De Los Muertos? Lots of those things.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4380 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by AGar »

GJ Fridays. I would've been pissed if we had lost though.

Hey Zor, why was Metal modkilled, officially? Was it the role PM thing?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4381 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by zoraster »

zoraster wrote:You replaced ShadedMelee

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fwd: Event Card Mafia Role PM
Date: Thu May 08, 2014 09:16 am
To: ShadedMelee

zoraster wrote:
You replace BROseidon.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Event Card Mafia Role PM
Date: Thu Apr 10, 2014 09:58 am
To: BROseidon

zoraster wrote:
Vanilla Townie with Yellow GooYou are a Vanilla townie with Yellow Goo. You are a Vanilla Townie, but you also start with Yellow Goo. Any player who visits you also becomes Yellow Goo. Any player visited by Yellow Goo or who visits Yellow Goo will turn into Yellow Goo. Players are not told they have been Gooed.

Players will also flip with the Goo that is on them (e.g. Town Watcher with Yellow Goo). You will flip Vanilla Townie with Yellow Goo.

Blacklights will reveal to the entire game who is Goo.

Goo happens even to roleblockers.

---

You can find the main game thread here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46303 . The game itself will open mid-afternoon on Sunday.

compare to in game post with full claim:

In post 4242, Metal Sonic wrote:oh shit lol, i didnt read my role PM properly the first time over, and missed many details. sorry.

now 2nd time reading and there are stuff that i should have told you all. anyway.

__

You are a VT with gold sludge. You are a VT, but you also start with gold sludge. Any visitor also receives gold sludge. Anybody visited by gold sludge or who visits gold sludge will receive gold sludge. Players will not be notified that they have gold sludge.

Players will also reveal with the sludge that is on them (e.g. [SEE THE FLIPS WE HAD]). You will flip VT with gold sludge.

Ultraviolet Blacklight will announce to the entire game who is sludge.

sludge happens even to roleblockers.

__
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4382 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by AGar »

That's what I figured but then you got all super mysterious with it so I was curious if something else happened.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4383 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by zoraster »

The problem in the end is that substituting words, particularly words where everyone KNOWS what words you mean (Gold Sludge = Yellow Goo, Ultraviolet Blacklight = Blacklights), doesn't make it not quoting. I thought about not modkilling as the effect was going to be minimal -- there's not really a way for anyone to confirm it except it kind of sounds like the thing I'd write. But in the end, the policy wins out.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4384 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:17 pm

Post by Magua »

I disagree on the trackers being townsided in this setup. What made this a curbstomp was the confirmation that after Zito, there was only one Mafia left. If the Mafia could've gotten a town lynch at any time during D2-D4 I think this would've been a much, much closer game. As it was, there was really only one "guilty" (on mnemonic) which he could've probably talked his way out of if he had just claimed "goo remover" instead of "lolcopwithgooremoverthatsalsorandom". The only other useful information was Iecerint being able to track the spread of yellow goo and Agar/Shadoweh essentially proving that there had to be a ninja, which was nice, sure, but not that great in a 25 player game.

Friday's only real hope really would have been to manipulate the target list of the plan so that he would end up being jailkept by farside, and then killing some PR. As it was, he was forced to Ninja-kill which then made it obvious D6+ that something had happened N5, and his Shadoweh kill made it obvious that a strongman effect was in play. If he'd avoided those, he might've had a chance.

zoraster wrote:
I would have just gone to the next day. I wrote the rules for lylo precisely for a reason: it's only those situations where during the start of day there is one more town than scum.

And you may be right, but also consider that means that a Regular event card gets drawn instead. Always On? Dia De Los Muertos? Lots of those things.

Even accounting for the better odds of random lynch, any regular event is better for the mafia than any lylo event (except DDLM and DDLM:Lylo being the same).
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4385 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:17 pm

Post by zoraster »

The problem is that Metal Sonic flips Vanilla Townie with Yellow Goo and not "Yellow Goo Originator". So confirming that the modkill was because he quoted his role PM confirms him as the Yellow Goo originator. Which in the game wouldn't have really mattered (who else would have been), but there was no reason to add mod confirmation to that.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4386 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 4383, zoraster wrote:The problem in the end is that substituting words, particularly words where everyone KNOWS what words you mean (Gold Sludge = Yellow Goo, Ultraviolet Blacklight = Blacklights), doesn't make it not quoting. I thought about not modkilling as the effect was going to be minimal -- there's not really a way for anyone to confirm it except it kind of sounds like the thing I'd write. But in the end, the policy wins out.

You were entirely in the right with that modkill.

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4387 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by zoraster »

In post 4384, Magua wrote:Even accounting for the better odds of random lynch, any regular event is better for the mafia than any lylo event (except DDLM and DDLM:Lylo being the same).

Probably worth noting for future games. I don't disagree.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4388 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:21 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 4381, zoraster wrote:compare to in game post with full claim:

that's too funny

he wasn't turned into a neutral survivor right?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4389 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by zoraster »

nah
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4390 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 4384, Magua wrote:I disagree on the trackers being townsided in this setup. What made this a curbstomp was the confirmation that after Zito, there was only one Mafia left. If the Mafia could've gotten a town lynch at any time during D2-D4 I think this would've been a much, much closer game. As it was, there was really only one "guilty" (on mnemonic) which he could've probably talked his way out of if he had just claimed "goo remover" instead of "lolcopwithgooremoverthatsalsorandom". The only other useful information was Iecerint being able to track the spread of yellow goo and Agar/Shadoweh essentially proving that there had to be a ninja, which was nice, sure, but not that great in a 25 player game.

Friday's only real hope really would have been to manipulate the target list of the plan so that he would end up being jailkept by farside, and then killing some PR. As it was, he was forced to Ninja-kill which then made it obvious D6+ that something had happened N5, and his Shadoweh kill made it obvious that a strongman effect was in play. If he'd avoided those, he might've had a chance.

zoraster wrote:

Even accounting for the better odds of random lynch, any regular event is better for the mafia than any lylo event (except DDLM and DDLM:Lylo being the same).

I dunno. If MS had y'know, said that Blacklight was for goo instead of letting us guess about it, goo remover would have been in direct contradiction to "generally protown event" which would have been scummy in its own right unless he added that it was also compulsive, a la Fate with Compulsive Framer in Always On.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4391 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by zoraster »

oh man. Town Compulsive Framer was a great role.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4392 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 4378, Oversoul wrote:Maguaaaaaaaa
:p

I *was* reconsidering you being scum. When you got hammered. But I was really super angry with you. I'm sorry baby. I got you some jewelry, let's go out for a nice dinner, I'll make it all up to you.

Oversoul wrote:I dunno. If MS had y'know, said that Blacklight was for goo instead of letting us guess about it, goo remover would have been in direct contradiction to "generally protown event" which would have been scummy in its own right unless he added that it was also compulsive, a la Fate with Compulsive Framer in Always On.

I probably would've bought a claim of "Compulsive Goo Remover" hook line and sinker, same way I immediately believed talah's claim and never questioned it.

Mafia should take notes. =P
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4393 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Juls »

Green goo...that's the only complaint I have with this game. Don't remember who mentioned it first?
-------------------------------------
Juls
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4394 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Hah, it's fine.
I just like busting people's balls.
Mafia with the Quickness
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4395 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 4394, Oversoul wrote:Hah, it's fine.
I just like busting people's balls.
Mafia with the Quickness

Also, now there's *two* games I can throw at you the next time you demand that I claim.

(I'm kind of sad I claimed in this one (although reading the Mafia thread it looks like Friday would've strongman'ed Shadoweh anyways because of Venmar), but I felt that I had to because if I died and flipped Vanilla Townie I could just see the "Oooooh, Magz fakeclaimed doing something so talah and Bulbazak aren't clear!")

Juls wrote:Green goo...that's the only complaint I have with this game. Don't remember who mentioned it first?

In post 3270, Magua wrote:If having both yellow goo and blue goo does not give you green goo, then zoraster has failed as a mod.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4396 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 4395, Magua wrote:Also, now there's *two* games I can throw at you the next time you demand that I claim.

>_>
<_<

just claim always ffs
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4397 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by Magua »

Spoiler: Claim
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #4398 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by Aronis »

Finally. :D
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4399 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 4384, Magua wrote:What made this a curbstomp was the confirmation that after Zito, there was only one Mafia left. If the Mafia could've gotten a town lynch at any time during D2-D4 I think this would've been a much, much closer game

you wouldn't have lynched like 3 people in a row without question.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”