pixel
Goon
pixel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by pixel »

In post 973, Antihero wrote:
In post 971, pixel wrote:But, I think my reasons for the muffin and kagami townreads are sound and I'm sticking with them.

o_O

????? esp. @ the kagami read.

Reads are for similar reasons. kagami's post 12 was something similar to what I thought about posting, myself, but I decided to wait and see if anyone posted stuff that suggested their role mechanics parallel mine. Bonus points for anyoe doing it in their first post.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

I think you're wrong F16 and you give far too much credit to ceph about him abilities.

Why is ABR town?
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 966, Nicol Bolas wrote:
In post 965, Natirasha wrote:
iamsteve has requested replacement.
f-16_Fighting_Falcon takes it.
If your reads end up being similar to mine and yet you end up scumreading me anyway, I WILL murder you.

#AnakinSkywalker.

:P

In post 939, PHANTOM wrote:I'm going to keep my synth on pixel, and VOTE: iamsteve as more of a pressure vote.
(Hint: pressure votes rarely if ever actually give pressure.)
(This post was so incredibly, overwhelmingly town, btw.)

In post 953, Chandra Nalaar wrote:That didn't look like a town stream-of-consciousness ramble to you? I don't think it's particularly correct but that's how it looks to me.
For the record--you can do consciousness-streamposting as scum, or if not, fake it. I just don't think that Phantom was scum doing so. I think it was just townposting.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 976, Lord Mhork wrote:I think you're wrong F16 and you give far too much credit to ceph about him abilities.

the ceph scumgame f16 was referencing was tales of you. i see the scumteam got nominated for a scummie.

...would you like to re-evaluate that argument?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

anti

can i have your serum? i'll even let you choose where you injeculate it
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Vote Count 1.16

Spoiler: Lynch
Albert B Rampage(4)
: Lord Mhork, Titus, Tattletale, sharpest-knife-on-tree
PeregrineV(0)
:
Antihero(0)
:
massive(2)
: Pander Bears, pixel
pixel(1)
: vezokpiraka
Kagami(0)
:
Tattletale(1)
: Albert B. Rampage
zMuffinMan(0)
:
Magister Ludi(2)
: Chandra Nalaar, Trustworthy
Titus(0)
:
Trustworthy(0)
:
mastin2(2)
: zMuffinMan, Magister Ludi
Pander Bears(3)
: massive, mastin2, Kagami
Vezokpiraka(0)
:
sharpest-knife-on-tree(0)
:
PHANTOM(0)
:
Chandra Nalaar(2)
: F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Antihero
F-16_Fighting_Falcon(1)
: PHANTOM
Lord Mhork(1)
: PeregrineV
No Lynch(0):

Not Voting(0)
:

Spoiler: Serum
Albert B Rampage(0)
:
PeregrineV(0)
:
Antihero(1)
: F-16_Fighting_Falcon
massive(0)
:
pixel(0)
:
Kagami(0)
:
Tattletale(0)
:
zMuffinMan(4)
: vezokpiraka, mastin2, pixel, Albert B. Rampage
Magister Ludi(0)
:
Titus(1)
: PeregrineV
Trustworthy(1)
: Tattletale
mastin2(1)
: Chandra Nalaar
Pander Bears(0)
:
Vezokpiraka(1)
: Kagami
sharpest-knife-on-tree(0)
:
PHANTOM(0)
:
Chandra Nalaar(2)
: Lord Mhork, Titus
F-16_Fighting_Falcon(0)
:
Lord Mhork(0)
:
No Lynch(0):

Not Voting(8)
: Antihero, massive, zMuffinMan, Magister Ludi, Trustworthy, Pander Bears, sharpest-knife-on-tree, PHANTOM

Spoiler: Mycosynth
Albert B Rampage(1)
: Thandra Nalaar
PeregrineV(0)
:
Antihero(1)
: vezokpiraka
massive(1)
: Pander Bears
pixel(1)
: PHANTOM
Kagami(0)
:
Tattletale(0)
:
zMuffinMan(0)
:
Magister Ludi(1)
: mastin2
Titus(1)
: Albert B. Rampage
Trustworthy(0)
:
mastin2(0)
:
Pander Bears(3)
: PeregrineV, Titus, F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Vezokpiraka(0)
:
sharpest-knife-on-tree(1)
: Kagami
PHANTOM(0)
:
Chandra Nalaar(0)
:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon(0)
:
Lord Mhork(1)
: massive
No Lynch(0):

Not Voting(8)
: Antihero, pixel, Tattletale, zMuffinMan, Magister Ludi, Trustworthy, sharpest-knife-on-tree, Lord Mhork

With nineteen alive, it takes ten to reach majority.

(expired on 2014-07-24 16:00:00)
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

No anti I would not. Scummies are bullshit anyway. Ceph is ok, though painfully transparent if you know what you're looking for. I happen to know him very well.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 970, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Hi guys. I've been loosely following the game. Based on feedback from past games, I'm going to try something different. I'm not going to overexplain my townreads and POE from there but rather bring the focus to my strongest scumread in this game: Cephrir (ChandraNalaar).
:igmeou:

I'm massively shocked and surprised that Cephrir hasn't already been lynched. He's playing exactly how he would play as scum.
Yeah, about that. Frankly, my record at reading Ceph is better than yours. I'm not saying you're absolutely wrong...but I'm not seeing even remotely what you are. And that really says something. Like, the entirety of your reasoning for this is exactly things that are NOT my experience with Ceph, at all, when he's scum. Chandra could be scum. I will fully admit it's possible that under this name and this style (which is distinctly different), it was easier to slip by. I will fully admit that while my accuracy at reading Ceph has been higher, that doesn't mean I'm necessarily right about my townread there. (He's not one of my 100%-readability players, and I
have
been waffling on him.)

But I will say that when Ceph's town, I've typically been able to work that out, and when Ceph's scum, I've not only been able to work it out but one of the ONLY ones in whichever game to have done so. And I'm not seeing the scum Ceph here at all, really. There's minor things here and there that ping. Little bits that tick--but whenever he's been scum before, it wasn't just small pings; it was MASSIVE things that felt
off
. And while not everything feels on, while I still have doubts keeping Chandra from being a strong townread...

...Mainly the only realistic way I can see Chandra being scum is if Ceph tailored his scumplay to me specifically (admittedly not impossible since he knows how to tailor his scumplay frighteningly well), and have it actually WORK. (Just because you try to tailor your scumplay doesn't mean it actually will work and people won't pick up on the truth.) Or cosmic coincidence. Basically lotsa stuff similar to my zMuffinman read. I could be off. I could be wrong. It could be a massive mistake...but I really, really don't think it is, not with everything I know of Chandra as Chandra if nothing else.

To give an idea of the type of manipulation Cephrir is good at, it basically involves making arguments that will resonate with the most influential players in a game. In this game it is clearly xMuffiman, Trustworthy, and to some extent Pixel assuming none of them are scum with him.
:shifty:
Like...you're avoiding so much as really mentioning me, F-16.

It is really obvious Cephrir is scum here and I am shocked that people haven't wagoned the fuck out of him.
Maybe because what you're saying doesn't make sense and really doesn't resonate with me, at all. You've gotten some things. Like early posting that's defending others, essentially. Things like that, which did hit. But saying those are good points ignores the rest of the content in Chandra's posting, in which Chandra basically is being...well, really, really good at showing townposting. It's not just raising good points. I know all too well Ceph can raise good points as scum. It's that the overall vibe around Ceph is just so...town.

I'll post the rest of my case later tonight if people still want more but this guy seriously needs a wagon on him.
Frankly, I'd be more willing to wagon
you
than Chandra.
And Chandra was lower on my townslot than yours was.

Because I do NOT like this change in your style from you. At all.
LEAST of all when it directs attention onto a player like Chandra.
My academy.
Agnigi
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 982, mastin2 wrote:It's that the overall vibe around Ceph is just so...town.

there's a word for that, mastin.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

It's not just you, Mastin. Ceph would also need to tailor his game to me. He highly respects my ability to read people and would definitely be trying harder to get me to read him as town if he were scum.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by mastin2 »

*Lower on my readslist positioning than your slot was.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 983, Antihero wrote:
In post 982, mastin2 wrote:It's that the overall vibe around Ceph is just so...town.
Bluntly, screw that. Didn't really bother reading the article, just went 'meh' to it.

I could be wrong on Chandra. Ceph has the skills to tailor scumplay to specific players. I don't think I am. (Among other reasons...why bother tailoring scumplay to fool
me
? When he can and has beaten me as scum, and there are other players more familiar with him that he can tailor to, and larger threats to him that he'd be aware of.)

Do I think my readslist is perfectly accurate, of course it's not. But do I think it's more right than wrong, yes, yes I do, and Chandra being town is among those things quite muchly. Really don't think Chandra's scum this game. Like...I do need to run the iso again. Just to make sure of things. To run by all the things, and run the calculations in my head. But the more I see, the less doubt I'm having about Chandra. Which is directly opposite to what I'd expect if Chandra actually were scum.
My academy.
Agnigi
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by Antihero »

why am i feeling so cockblocked this game? i feel like it's scum engineered.

the current axis my reads are spinning around are strongest town: [mastin, titus, peregrine] and strongest scum: [chandra, skot, pixel (re-evaluating this one), and maybe lord mhork]

if you disagree, please tell me where i'm going wrong.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:49 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Well you have Chandra and me as scum and not ABR for one
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 986, mastin2 wrote:
In post 983, Antihero wrote:
Bluntly, screw that. Didn't really bother reading the article, just went 'meh' to it.

I could be wrong on Chandra. Ceph has the skills to tailor scumplay to specific players. I don't think I am. (Among other reasons...why bother tailoring scumplay to fool
me
? When he can and has beaten me as scum, and there are other players more familiar with him that he can tailor to, and larger threats to him that he'd be aware of.)

Do I think my readslist is perfectly accurate, of course it's not. But do I think it's more right than wrong, yes, yes I do, and Chandra being town is among those things quite muchly. Really don't think Chandra's scum this game. Like...I do need to run the iso again. Just to make sure of things. To run by all the things, and run the calculations in my head. But the more I see, the less doubt I'm having about Chandra. Which is directly opposite to what I'd expect if Chandra actually were scum.

i have very little interest in a pissing contest or a meta dive.

or a meta pissing contest.

also, if you think i'm just going let it go, you don't know
me
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 84, Antihero wrote:VOTE: zmuffinman
i will also be accepting votes on [fferyhydra, phantom, and skot] in roughly that order
In post 99, Antihero wrote:^add [Chandra] to the votes i will accept
Like, I'm trying to work through these, Anti. I can see the fferyhydra read, rather easily in fact. (The only thing really making me doubt it is my admittedly poor ability to read ffery.) I can sorta see the SKOT read. (SKOT's more null than anything else, though.) But I don't see Phantom. I don't see Chandra. (I think you later change to agree on me re: zMuffinman, though.)

I just don't.
In post 282, Antihero wrote:and scum who are revving the chainsaws (vezokpiraka)
muffinman and mastin, why are you voting pander bears?
Like, I also don't really see the logic behind Vezok. I don't have a perfect ability to read Vezok, but he's enough like me that I can generally tell what's going through his head and what I see looks town, yet he's also there. You also don't seem to see the scum in Panda Bears.

In post 569, Antihero wrote:re: mastin, the thing she said about "early-game antihero isn't as good as late-game antihero" kind of bugs me, but her reads mesh up really well with what i'm thinking.
They're getting further and further away, rather than closer and closer. And I hold
great
concern about that. Not of your alignment; you're obvtown. Of my reads, mainly. In that I'm seeing these things. Strongly. Very strongly. Yet you're seeing things that are opposite. There's a bit of a disconnect, you could say. In that I trust from past experience your reads to be awesome...yet this game feel my own reads are solid...yet they're not overlapping nearly as much as they should be.

Make sense?

Like, could you give your own exact readslist? Maybe even with reasoning attached. I want to bounce ideas off of you. Because I know for a fact that I'm not going to be better than you. But I also just...really, really don't feel wrong about a fair majority of this stuff.
My academy.
Agnigi
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

anti

i'm town. really. 100% serious. you can trust me!
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Speaking of readslists...

Titus
Trustworthy
zMuffinman
Antihero
massive
PHANTOM

Lord Mhork
vezokpiraka
Chandra Nalaar
F-16_Fighting_Falcon/iamsteve
PeregrineV
Tattletale

Kagami
SKOT

pixel

ABR
Magister Ludi
Panda Bears

More or less, this on my end.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Anyway got last minute invite to Denny's (you don't turn those down!), so will have to resume from above; I got pedited a few times and haven't read 'em. My post quoting anti's link, last I was at.

Should also note: I said all my games would receive equal attention, so this one will likely drop, since it's received too much.
My academy.
Agnigi
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 990, mastin2 wrote:They're getting further and further away, rather than closer and closer. And I hold great concern about that. Not of your alignment; you're obvtown. Of my reads, mainly. In that I'm seeing these things. Strongly. Very strongly. Yet you're seeing things that are opposite. There's a bit of a disconnect, you could say. In that I trust from past experience your reads to be awesome...yet this game feel my own reads are solid...yet they're not overlapping nearly as much as they should be.

yeah that was back when you were kind of with me on pixel and ceph

if you want more re: ceph see (post 646), but i guess you'll just piss on that because F16's sounded a lot more intelligent than mine and you apparently hated that one so....
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 991, zMuffinMan wrote:anti

i'm town. really. 100% serious. you can trust me!

oh hello.

i'm not cool enough for you except when you want my serum vote.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

don't get emotional about it. i am still on p9. it's not you, it's me.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by Antihero »

i'll take a fresh look at this game tonight and give a reads list to compare w/ mastin. i still think we're all living in the scum matrix.
pixel
pixel
Goon
pixel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by pixel »

mastin your massive read freaks me out.
pixel
pixel
Goon
pixel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by pixel »

f-16 I think I'm going to need to see more of your reads before I can weigh up your ceph read.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”