Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:32 am

Post by HighShroomish »

In post 1772, Young and Beautiful wrote:
In post 1770, HighShroomish wrote:
In post 1763, Young and Beautiful wrote:99% of your case thing was about us posting 'useless shit' so I apologies if I missed something but

B) it would be nice if you can repeat that again

- b -

That's because you're posts are mostly useless... I can't change that or mold that in any way. If most of your posts are useless, then yeah, there's going to be a lot of me saying that they're useless.
b) is that once you decided TSO was scum, you simply started to brush off everything he did with "Shaddup scum" or "die scumfuck" which I have seen scum do on many an occasion.

I don't deny that! But Id like you to explain how 'uselessness' can be construed as scum, because not only is it a slippery slope argument, it is also wrong.

I'll let Y handle the T S O issues. I agree with her but I'm in charge handling the BoP scum read.

Also, what was that comment about spine and chiropractors?
- b -

And this is where you are straw manning. Your lack of useful posts isn't that important for my scum read on you. It contributes yes, because just floating and not doing anything is inherently scummy, but
it's not my main case.

My main case is as stated above.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:36 am

Post by shos »

stop fucking spamming the thread, it's hard to read even without you
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:54 am

Post by Young and Beautiful »

In post 1775, HighShroomish wrote:
In post 1772, Young and Beautiful wrote:
In post 1770, HighShroomish wrote:
In post 1763, Young and Beautiful wrote:99% of your case thing was about us posting 'useless shit' so I apologies if I missed something but

B) it would be nice if you can repeat that again

- b -

That's because you're posts are mostly useless... I can't change that or mold that in any way. If most of your posts are useless, then yeah, there's going to be a lot of me saying that they're useless.
b) is that once you decided TSO was scum, you simply started to brush off everything he did with "Shaddup scum" or "die scumfuck" which I have seen scum do on many an occasion.

I don't deny that! But Id like you to explain how 'uselessness' can be construed as scum, because not only is it a slippery slope argument, it is also wrong.

I'll let Y handle the T S O issues. I agree with her but I'm in charge handling the BoP scum read.

Also, what was that comment about spine and chiropractors?
- b -

And this is where you are straw manning. Your lack of useful posts isn't that important for my scum read on you. It contributes yes, because just floating and not doing anything is inherently scummy, but
it's not my main case.

My main case is as stated above.

I legitimately don't understand your 'case'! Shit!

Can you restate your main case for more clarity? I'm being patient because you have done a lot of work and I'm not going to diss someone like that. For users BoP and TSO on the other hand...

@TSO you're full of shit. If you ISO me, you can clearly see where I got an independent scum read on you. As I said, I'd let it go, but Y wishes to push you more, and I'm letting her. Btw: use Ctrl+ F "- b -"

Bullshit on the 'me not having scumread on you'. Probably stands for TheScummyOne

- b -
WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME WHEN I'M NO LONGER YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL? ... (I KNOW YOU WILL)
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:56 am

In post 1774, T S O wrote:If you agree with her read, yet cannot actually give a reason, that's pretty bullshit.

In post 1773, T S O wrote:You don't like BOP because he's attacking you, and you don't really like me because I'm ...attacking you.

And you're scum because you're scum. Just so we all know.

- b -
WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME WHEN I'M NO LONGER YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL? ... (I KNOW YOU WILL)
Moogle Dance Troupe
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:00 am

Post by Moogle Dance Troupe »

Ok, so as useless as Y&B are, I think they're actually right about two of their scumreads, probably by chance. I'm about 95% on both BoP and xof for scum (which is about as high as I go).

Xof's reaction to her wagon was not a town reaction, it's the reaction of scum who has a lot of partners (I'm also 95% that this is 20-7-1). She wasn't afraid of a mislynch, nor aggressive toward her attackers, because she knows they're all town. Her reaction to being wagoned in part for lurking is to lurk it off, which is of course going to be successful, because there's conveniently a player whom
nobody
is townreading and who is also being deliberately obnoxious. Conveniently, that wagon starts up nicely and goes full blast with no resistance.

And
BoP wrote:We got one week to get the rest of the votes needed.

is a request for sheeps from the town, because the wagon is already laden with scum, and at least one of those "almost deadline" votes is going to be "terrible" tomorrow.

Bulb is still also scum; wake-slot is probably scum if he wasn't WoTC'ed. One of the other votes on the Y&B wagon is scum, and it's not geists, shos, TSO, or mhork.

-kagami
Moogle Dance Troupe
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:04 am

@Y&B: Anonymous hydras are fine if your goal is to dodge/change some undesirable meta-trait or something like that, but that's not what you're doing here.
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:04 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

Yeah, life is pretty badass with this view 300 meters from your home.

Pretty sure scum cant rand this in life.

Thus, I am town.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:09 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 1764, Majiffy wrote:
In post 1719, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 1710, Majiffy wrote:
In post 1700, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 1689, Majiffy wrote:Its not for today to sort. Stop sidetracking.

Then don't ask me for it first, weirdo.

Excuse me? Youre the one who got all snippity first.

No I didn't? You asked a question and I provided the info.

:neutral:
In post 1678, Squirrel Girl wrote: You haven't addressed my issues with the idea of a Shos lynch...
You also haven't responded to me about the Nero follow up question yet

:neutral:

I disagree with you that 1678 comes across as "snippity" it looks pretty frank and direct to my eyes. Maybe try reading it in my usual chittering tones instead of a snippity one? It isn't even in the ball park of your reply.

Especially in context;
In post 1678, Squirrel Girl wrote:That's because people are actively opposing the lynch. I know I'm one of them. You haven't addressed my issues with the idea of a Shos lynch, though you do drift through occasionally and kind of scream 'shos must die!' every now and then, which I suppose will wear me down eventually - it's just a question of if it happens prior to deadline :lol:

You also haven't responded to me about the Nero follow up question yet, which made me cry into my pistachios. It was a sad day all around after that.

I put in laughy faces for you - LAUGHY FACES! I can't get more playful than that without breaking a few laws. I've tried! But, seriously, you read that and were like 'ah, harumph, she's being snippy, I'll ask her for her reads...and then facepalm here! Hardy-har, brilliant revenge is mine!" :igmeou: Weak, Mr. Mastin, very weak.

In other, and more relevant news;
I'm indifferent on Y&B's defense, it's weaksauce stuff.
I will agree with Moogle that BoP looks bad in the way he's doing the push, but will color it with a personal opinion that both of the slots in question are getting a little flamey.
I would also pleadingly point out that Nero came through in the middle of all this, told a joke (that was pretty weak, as long as I'm judging) and then scampered off.

Y'know, like *town* do :roll:
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:31 am

Post by geists »

In post 1779, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:Ok, so as useless as Y&B are, I think they're actually right about two of their scumreads, probably by chance. I'm about 95% on both BoP and xof for scum (which is about as high as I go).

Xof's reaction to her wagon was not a town reaction, it's the reaction of scum who has a lot of partners (I'm also 95% that this is 20-7-1). She wasn't afraid of a mislynch, nor aggressive toward her attackers, because she knows they're all town. Her reaction to being wagoned in part for lurking is to lurk it off, which is of course going to be successful, because there's conveniently a player whom
nobody
is townreading and who is also being deliberately obnoxious. Conveniently, that wagon starts up nicely and goes full blast with no resistance.

And
BoP wrote:We got one week to get the rest of the votes needed.

is a request for sheeps from the town, because the wagon is already laden with scum, and at least one of those "almost deadline" votes is going to be "terrible" tomorrow.

Bulb is still also scum; wake-slot is probably scum if he wasn't WoTC'ed. One of the other votes on the Y&B wagon is scum, and it's not geists, shos, TSO, or mhork.

-kagami

Who do you think we should be lynching then?
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:31 am

Post by Kagami »

xof or BoP. Why do you have BoP as a townread?
Moogle Dance Troupe
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:32 am

In post 1784, Kagami wrote:xof or BoP. Why do you have BoP as a townread?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:34 am

Post by geists »

It's mostly a Nati read.

It worries me a little is that the active head isn't Pere.
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:57 am

Post by HighShroomish »

Y&B-
My case- Once you got a scum read on TSO, you began to push off any response he made to you by using the argument he's scum so that's what he said or by saying shaddup scum. And it wasn't just one solitary post. It was over a string of posts, showing that you weren't going to pay attention to him because he's scum. That has obviously changed now, but I can't help but notice it was after I called you out on it(the first time.) Another part is that you began to show a spine, or show that you could actually do something, but then it dissolved. It started to come back later, but again, it just disappeared. The fact that your posts are comprised of fluff is a factor, yes, but it is not the driving force.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:07 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

YB spine continues to come in only under pressure and the death tunnel on TSO is really, really obnoxious.

YB, what are you hoping to accomplish by repeatedly screaming that TSO is scum because 'die scumfuck die'?
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:08 am

Post by T S O »

Well, to be fair to them, they've given a very solid case here. I'm scum because I'm scum. I don't think any of us should query that.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:09 am

Post by T S O »

I know what she thinks she'll accomplish; this is how I got her lynched in d1 of AAA and she's trying to do it back.

Darling, the difference was I had a solid case and everyone was townreading me.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:16 am

Those are valid points.

However, could you please draw the link between your 3 points -> YnB is scum? You have yet to show this despite your well-written analysis and case.

If the conclusions of your case are: "You are X, Y, and Z, but you are not scum," then there is no need for all the tension; in fact you have just lured a pack of hungry scum for a mislynch on poor YnB. Aren't my kisses enough? :(

- b -
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:18 am

Post by T S O »

You can't refute every case against by saying "Yes, but does this make me scum?". You're asking for a smoking gun, which very rarely occurs.
-Marquis
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:26 am

WHO ASKED YOU?????????

- b -
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:30 am

Post by T S O »

Who needed to?
-Marquis
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:36 am

Post by HighShroomish »

In post 1791, Young and Beautiful wrote:Those are valid points.

However, could you please draw the link between your 3 points -> YnB is scum? You have yet to show this despite your well-written analysis and case.

If the conclusions of your case are: "You are X, Y, and Z, but you are not scum," then there is no need for all the tension; in fact you have just lured a pack of hungry scum for a mislynch on poor YnB. Aren't my kisses enough? :(

- b -

The first point-
This is a tell that I have used without fail in three other games. Two of which you know of. I trust it. It works.
The second point- only solidifying under pressure, as Mhork is saying, is scummy. Once the pressure starts to alleviate you go back to fluff-posting, which, seeing as it is the third point, isn't something town players do. Having 91 posts of near nothing is bad. And this bad means scummy bad.
Lemniscate
Lemniscate
Goon
Lemniscate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:38 am

Post by Lemniscate »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Young and Beautiful

After the past couple of pages, I'm okay with this direction.
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:40 am

Post by Birds of Prey »

This is because we are so amazingly beautiful, we townread ourselves. Wow, that's a softball. It still missed.

Oh and playing well with others is a scumtell? Really... now you can just shut up too considering this is the first real content after your votepark.

Scum are getting lynched. I'm leading the charge. Deal with it.

- VFT -
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:43 am

Post by neil1113 »

In post 1797, Birds of Prey wrote:

This is because we are so amazingly beautiful, we townread ourselves. Wow, that's a softball. It still missed.

Oh and playing well with others is a scumtell? Really... now you can just shut up too considering this is the first real content after your votepark.

- VFT -

And if they flip town?
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:01 am

Post by HighShroomish »

In post 1797, Birds of Prey wrote:

- VFT -

:igmeou:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”