T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by T S O »

Well, the problem is I don't like the start of it.

You -did- commit a pretty weird act by saying you were townreading Abom and then saying you weren't. I have no idea if you were reaction testing or what, but I don't blame Nero for pointing it out, because it's a basic logical flaw. Your explanation of it makes sense, yeah, but it seems really unfair to expect town-Nero to look at that post, see the blatantly obvious flaw, and then, after smelling blood, think through the complicated process of listing the multiple possible motivations, conclude you must be tow and say ...what? Ignore it? That doesn't seem particularly town-motivated. Post his whole reasoning? He's just flaunting his intelligence. Townread you? No reason to.

I can understand where you're coming from a little better in the second part, yes, but I'm not sure if you're actually pushing that as the scumtell.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by T S O »

Venmar, go quote my fake rage.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by T S O »

"oh buh-bye guys I'm off to lurk for a few days and push tso with my shit case"

which I forgot to respond to! Excellent.
-Marquis
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

@Venmar - I have never seen Majiffy *not* tunnel.

I might agree TSO's rage looks fakish...but I've seen a town TSO that I got very similar vibes off of. I am of the mind that's how he expresses himself. I'm not a big fan of that as a case. What else is there on him?
When you pull that up, I'd love your thoughts on my Nero case as well, and I'll give you thoughts on your TSO case, it's a win/win.
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

In post 1449, Venmar wrote:Does Majiffy tunnel as town?

yes
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 1452, T S O wrote:"oh buh-bye guys I'm off to lurk for a few days and push tso with my shit case"

which I forgot to respond to! Excellent.

tso = Image
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by T S O »

"I cannot quote anything because I have no answer, here is an image!"

Pathetic, Venmar.
-Marquis
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 1450, T S O wrote:You -did- commit a pretty weird act by saying you were townreading Abom and then saying you weren't. I have no idea if you were reaction testing or what, but I don't blame Nero for pointing it out, because it's a basic logical flaw. Your explanation of it makes sense, yeah, but it seems really unfair to expect town-Nero to look at that post, see the blatantly obvious flaw, and then, after smelling blood, think through the complicated process of listing the multiple possible motivations, conclude you must be tow and say ...what? Ignore it? That doesn't seem particularly town-motivated. Post his whole reasoning? He's just flaunting his intelligence. Townread you? No reason to.

I can understand where you're coming from a little better in the second part, yes, but I'm not sure if you're actually pushing that as the scumtell.

I never said I wasn't town reading him - Nero's second quote has me saying I had no read on him at all. Two rather different situations. And whether or not it is weird has very little to do with it being a question worth asking, and I personally don't even think it's that weird.

Nero has claimed he didn't smell blood. Functionally he has implied he was reaction testing me.

I am pushing this as a scumtell if 'this' and 'the second part' is me declarign that Nero wouldn't take that long to figure out I overreacted if that was his actual conclusion about the event. I think he saw shos say it and was like, 'hey, I can get on that and plop my vote there and maybe get a lynch - easy peasy!' I don't think town would forget they were reaction testing me or need to wait like three days to recall that they thought I overreacted.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by Venmar »

Holy fuck i hate you, you really think you are so fucking clever and so fucking smart that you can make these fucking so called clever bullshit responses? Go flail and complain somewhere else that you're scum.

pedit: at tso

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 1457, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 1450, T S O wrote:You -did- commit a pretty weird act by saying you were townreading Abom and then saying you weren't. I have no idea if you were reaction testing or what, but I don't blame Nero for pointing it out, because it's a basic logical flaw. Your explanation of it makes sense, yeah, but it seems really unfair to expect town-Nero to look at that post, see the blatantly obvious flaw, and then, after smelling blood, think through the complicated process of listing the multiple possible motivations, conclude you must be tow and say ...what? Ignore it? That doesn't seem particularly town-motivated. Post his whole reasoning? He's just flaunting his intelligence. Townread you? No reason to.

I never said I wasn't town reading him - Nero's second quote has me saying I had no read on him at all. Two rather different situations. And whether or not it is weird has very little to do with it being a question worth asking, and I personally don't even think it's that weird.

Nero has claimed he didn't smell blood. Functionally he has implied he was reaction testing me.

I am pushing this as a scumtell if 'this' and 'the second part' is me declarign that Nero wouldn't take that long to figure out I overreacted if that was his actual conclusion about the event. I think he saw shos say it and was like, 'hey, I can get on that and plop my vote there and maybe get a lynch - easy peasy!' I don't think town would forget they were reaction testing me or need to wait like three days to recall that they thought I overreacted.

ignore him, he thinks he's good

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by T S O »

So... if you have no read on Abomination and you never did, then why did you explicitly say you did?
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by T S O »

are we mad, venmar?
-Marquis
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1448, Squirrel Girl wrote:
Give me your thoughts on Nero, if you sell me on how awesome you are I'm possibly two votes on Shos. My back is ready for scratching.

Had him as scum prior, haven't really read him in a good thousand pages or so.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm

Post by T S O »

the case is not good. at all. and it's attacking me. what, exactly, did you think I would do? promote your case? say well done for making it?
-Marquis
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:17 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

In post 454, Mist7676 wrote:Right now I'm thinking scum is somewhere here:

Xofelf, shos, Beast.

Leads with a conclusion and then follows up with analysis; this post was premeditated.

In post 454, Mist7676 wrote:Abomonation wagon was really dumb (but understandable)

So let's look at who was on it and I'll poke them with sticks

Talks about the abomination wagon, but adds a disclaimer "(but understandable)" to it to avoid explicitly calling it scummy. Avoiding hard opinions.

In post 454, Mist7676 wrote:1.1: Abomination 5 (shos, Venmar, kdowns, Nero Cain, Young and Beautiful)
1.2: Abomination 6 (shos, kdowns, Nero Cain, Young and Beautiful, T S O, Rhaego)
1.3: Abomination 7 (shos, kdowns, Young and Beautiful, T S O, Rhaego, Katsuki, Nero Cain)
1.4: Abomination 6 (shos, kdowns, Young and Beautiful, Rhaego, Katsuki, Nero Cain)
1.5: Abomination 5 (shos, kdowns, Young and Beautiful, Katsuki, Nero Cain)
1.6: Abomination 5 (shos, kdowns, Young and Beautiful, Katsuki, Nero Cain)
1.7: Abomination 5 (shos, kdowns, Young and Beautiful, Katsuki, Nero Cain)

Information dump that fluffs up the post; IIoA.

In post 454, Mist7676 wrote:Whoops Unvote

Why doesn't Mist vote for someone in her shortlist in this post? Afraid to take a stance; timing of unvote and lack of vote feels unnatural.

In post 454, Mist7676 wrote:shos was a RVS, how do you feel about that vote placement now that it's your wagon everyone's flocking on?

Young and Beautiful placed this vote as an RVS vote, but it become serious? With comments like, "lynch this abomonation." Yeah, but you do think shos is scum, so why haven't you changed your vote? Scratch that, question was already asked. I currently have a null read on you right now though.

Nero Cain, I'm reading your ISO and did you actually change your vote to Clyton, and it was just never counted? Or was that a joke...?

Arbitrary call outs given that Mist doesn't really think the Abomination wagon was all that meaningful in the first place (just dumb). Question to Shos is about as softball as it gets since Mist gives him an excuse for being on the wagon in the first place. Question to Y&B is softball since Mist has already decided they are a nullread before they even answer (why declare that, there is no point). Question to Nero is mostly just asking for information that can be found in the thread if Mist bothered to look.

There is no follow up on any of these questions except the Nero one where Mist blindly asserts that Nero moved his vote because of her pressure (what pressure?) some 250 posts later.

In post 702, Mist7676 wrote:No but it gets funnier when he is still calling Abom scum and wants his slot dead. Why did you switch your vote to Shos Nero, you didn't give an explanation in the post you did it.

It took Mist 4 minutes to craft this masterpiece. I want to emphasize that that IS scummy.

No content other than this; I found a scum, can we lynch her? She turned me into a newt.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:19 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 1460, T S O wrote:So... if you have no read on Abomination and you never did, then why did you explicitly say you did?

I do not feel like you read the case I presented. Do you feel like you read the case presented? Because my presented case explicitly has the answer to this question as a major aspect of the case - it's actually the basis of the start of the entire interaction and I even had a point in my case where I said 'I answer the question' and provided a link. I even linked Nero linking my answer to Always when he asked about it. I'll also even go one further as - I don't even see how this is relevant to the case we're talking about.

The quick answer is - I presented a town read after reading two pages, and 24 hours later I forgot I had done so. (or, if you wish, intentionally lied about it for a scumgenda - your choice)
Hope that helps.

@Mastin - could you look at my case for Nero scum and offer a thought or two?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1415, Svenskt Stål wrote:You show passion and frustration trying to solve.

I don't think that talking about 1 player in a 28 player game and then that talk is mainly a discredit...I don't think it shows a passion to solve. I also think that frustration is nullish 'cause its faked by scum all the time and scum can still be legit frustrated that they were outted.

In post 1426, shos wrote:
In post 1423, T S O wrote:"I am conflicted about TSO, leaning town" ---> "vote: tso"

see, this is why you're scum.

no, this is why THAT WAS SEVEN PAGES AGO and I've decided.

What made you decide TSO was scum?

That response was terrible, Shos.

Goat, you should be sheeping me onto AIR 'cause 928 or w/e post # isn't townie and I have no clue why you think it is.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Venmar »

GO

AWAY

AND STOP TALKING TSO

"what do you think i would do, promote your case" is such a smartass comment that i hate, because its oversimplying whats going on.

tso, i don't have to point out one by one fake rage posts because i don't feel entitled to pointing out the obvious. if someone has a brain, they will know which posts im talking about.

(going to walk away now, tso can go fuck off)

LOL INCOMING "oh he's going to scum lurk" smartass comment

no fuck off

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 1157, Venmar wrote:TSO is basically scum for making large amounts of posts, most of which are aimed to
look
like he's helping or contributing, but in the end they aren't.

But my playstyle is, and always has been, lots of posts. And I don't really remember any of them that look like they're useful but aren't; either they're useful or they're fluff. Not both.

In post 1157, Venmar wrote:Most of his posts are pointless player interactions, fluff, or comments on the game that I don't see as him trying to gauge the game or a player(s) in particular.

But, what part of this makes me scum? Is being talkative and sometimes fluffy a scumtell? Does my scum meta include me doing this? It doesn't. Does my Town meta show me doing this? Hell to the yes.

If we want to talk about useless fluff and comments, you have plenty, such as your comment about Walter White.

In post 1157, Venmar wrote:The majority of his posts follow this criteria, so I don't feel entitled to having to point out to anyone particular posts.

I, however, would appreciate it greatly, since I couldn't find them.

In post 1157, Venmar wrote:Tpo his benefit, there are a couple posts of content, but so few among so many, and those that are of content seem hard for me to see coming from a town perspective I guess?

Again, your lack of specification makes it very hard to defend myself. If you give specific posts, I'll give specific answers, but until then...

In post 1157, Venmar wrote: I did a quick ISO, and TSO has made plenty of "I disagree with this" or "I think X is X" posts, yet he never says why?

That's because they're usually obvious, and I answer them whenever they're queried anyway. I mean, I'm giving my opinions - the lack of disagreeing with them usually means I'd be wasting my time explaining obvious reasoning.

In post 1157, Venmar wrote:It's really hypocritical of him to do considering he constantly tried to push other plays to force out content and explain their thinking when he doesn't do it himself. Adds to the fact he's mostly noise but no bite or pull as far as his reads and posts go.

I like to think I'm a very bite guy.

Hypocrisy doesn't make me scum, by the way; this post seems to imply that I would be better off pushing no-one, because then I wouldn't be a hypocrite.
-Marquis
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

Can we talk about my Mist case? I want attention, god damn it.

~Pajaro.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Venmar just vote shos and I bet you'll feel better seeing that scumflip.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1469, AngryIcerink wrote:Can we talk about my Mist case? I want attention, god damn it.

~Pajaro.

No.

Vote shos.

||
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by T S O »

why does SG's playstyle stupidly remind me of Thor?

it's either Thor or a Thor model.
-Marquis
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Who the fuck is SG?

||
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

@AIR I agree that Mist is scummy but if you think 702 is scummy then why are you not scumreading SG for sheeping that awful "logic"?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”