neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:55 pm

Post by neil1113 »

In post 1395, Squirrel Girl wrote:@Nero - I don't think it counts as an overreaction when I point out that there is no scumhunting theory behind your question and call it scummy. Yes, I *could* have just given the simple answer. But...that was the point, the answer was so obvious as to make one wonder what the actual issue was - it was obvious either I'd forgotten or I had lied. That is the option. One is alignment neutral, and the other doesn't make sense to have happened. That's why I attacked you for even asking.

There was no overreaction.
There was a negative reaction.
Those are different things.

And if your new stance is that you *weren't* calling me scum for the question...what were you doing? You still haven't addressed that, and I've asked.

I may be the only one who believes SG here, but it makes a lot of sense and is exactly how I read it to be when I read over it, I didn't take it the way Nero perceived it at all. What's ironic is that Nero seems to be guilty here of doing the very thing they accused SG of doing...

In post 1399, Nero Cain wrote:
In NY172, Mastinscum was scum reading two players, lurked, then came back and called them town or maybe it was the other way around. Obviously you aren't mastin but that looked like a similar type gaffe. Regardless, I think its a natural reaction to WANT to have things that look like contradictions or w/e to be explained. You ARE right, that, even if you are scum that all you could say is "opps I forgot". Its not just about the question but how you REACT to the question and I think your reaction was the angry/argumentative SG and not the SG from Mala's mini.

So this reads, that your making a point based off of what somebody else did in some other game completely irrelevant to anyones playing style here, as to why somebody else who is completely different, in a completely different game, is guilty? I feel like stretching would almost be an under-qualified word to describe that action...
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Votecount 1.23

xofelf 6 (Egg, ActionDan, Always, AngryIcerink, Moogle Dance Troupe, BBmolla)

shos 4 (BulbaFenix, ProHawk, TSO, Majiffy)
Nero Cain 4 (Abomination, Squirrel Girl, Mist7676, shos)

Young and Beautiful 3 (Birds of Prey, HighShroomish, geists)

Wake88 2 (Squirrel Girl, Svenskt Stål)
TSO 2 (Venmar, Young and Beautiful)
AngryIcerink 2 (Lord Mhork, Nero Cain)

Abomination 1 (Katsuki)
Lord Mhork 1 (Wake88)
Always 1 (beastcharizard)

Not Voting 3 (neil1113, The Goat, xofelf)

15 to lynch.

Deadline: July 18, 2 PM EST.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:08 pm

Post by geists »

In post 1392, Always wrote:Better way of saying this: Clyton/neil, Venmar, and shos (with an outlier in Squirrel Girl who isn't a member but shouldn't be bothered) are my central core townbloc. If someone fucks with them or fucks with me (that is, claiming to know me when they don't--Egg and Mhork come to mind; I do NOT like people who are right for the wrong reasons, even if townreading me correctly), then I will be fucking them back by being an ass.

This is a really interesting townbloc, mostly in the players that aren't in it.

I'd still like to talk with you about your Clyton read, because based on one game played with him (where he was scum), I can see that his participation in this game was quite different, but I don't know why that difference should be called strongly town. 2 data points, one flip.
Moogle Dance Troupe
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:19 pm

Post by Moogle Dance Troupe »

In post 1394, Nero Cain wrote:MDT, why do you think I'm scummy?

Idk why Kagami-chan thought you scummy but it's been reversed since then so meh.

In post 1398, Always wrote:Peh.
I
wish
But noooooooooooooooo.
I just HAD to be anti-scum.

Nobody wants me to be scum more than myself. I had prepared an awesome scumgame, even.
This isn't an awesome scumgame. Antagonize players to get townreads on me? A fucking joke. I've been doing that since 2012. I could do what I've done this game since...actually, fuck 2012. I could do that in 2011. No, fuck that. I could do that in 2009. (Admittedly, it took until 2011 to do
well
...) I specifically have been gloating I could do better. But no. Not this game.
Anti scum.

Fuck 'random' number generators. :evil:

You just keep looking worse to me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1400, neil1113 wrote:
In post 1399, Nero Cain wrote:
In NY172, Mastinscum was scum reading two players, lurked, then came back and called them town or maybe it was the other way around. Obviously you aren't mastin but that looked like a similar type gaffe. Regardless, I think its a natural reaction to WANT to have things that look like contradictions or w/e to be explained. You ARE right, that, even if you are scum that all you could say is "opps I forgot". Its not just about the question but how you REACT to the question and I think your reaction was the angry/argumentative SG and not the SG from Mala's mini.

So this reads, that your making a point based off of what somebody else did in some other game completely irrelevant to anyones playing style here, as to why somebody else who is completely different, in a completely different game, is guilty? I feel like stretching would almost be an under-qualified word to describe that action...

yeeeaaaahhhh no.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:53 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

I'm tired, but I figured I should start working on the catchup.

In post 608, shos wrote:
dude. this game has no content. you know it.

Seeing as how there is enough for me to start developing reads, this is false.

In post 617, Always wrote:
I really, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wanted to draw scum-that-could-outplay-zMuffinman/AP this game. You got total revenge on me, so I really wanted to pay you back by not only winning as scum, but having done so by FOOLING you, and manipulating things so that I'd have an even better win than yours. (Sadly, since I didn't, the details of my plan will have to wait for some other time.)

But neither of them were playing in this game at the time. So how could you want to draw scum to outplay them if they weren't playing?

In post 690, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:Nat, can your hydra and my hydra fuse ala voltron into an awesome, scumfighting machine?

I'll let you be the head.

:neutral: I think I need to remind myself why I was townreading you.

In post 710, Young and Beautiful wrote:
In post 703, Nero Cain wrote:'cause its a 28 player game so there's going to be a butt load of scum and there's no traction for lynching abomination but just LOOK at Shos and he's really doing nothing. Why do you have a town read on him?

I strongly agree with this. We can only lynch once a day.

Leave the scum-killing to the vigs. There's bound to be some; in 28p.

Or scum cross-killing is great too.

:neutral:

In post 733, T S O wrote:
cmon ap bigger better stronger

Spoiler: Don't you mean?

In post 741, Young and Beautiful wrote:Twenty-eight players and multiple hydrae of varying sizes make for quite a large game! :x

- y -

Your point is?

In post 793, Svenskt Stål wrote:
Everyone voting shos

The "sesshumaru fishing" case is bad.

I can follow his train of thought and his increased frustration in this matter, I would say, based on this alone, that he is more likely to be town.

If there is another case against him speak now or forever hold your peace.

My read on Shos had to do with the fact that he seemed to be trying too hard to look town, i.e. his posts read as fake.

Going to bed. On to page 33.

-Bulba
Hydra of Bulbazak and Eddie Fenix.

Embrace the dissonance.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Whoops, I was prodded but I will post something on national Shos Day
You Are Worth It
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:58 pm

Post by Always »

In post 1405, BulbaFenix wrote:But neither of them were playing in this game at the time. So how could you want to draw scum to outplay them if they weren't playing?
*points to signup thread*
Look at the post where I said I invited AP but he was probably already in the game as Birds of Prey.

I bombed players' inboxes to get the game absolutely
filled
with players I know, respect, and have seen me before. Because I wanted to gather the ultimate audience to my show. zMuffinman and AP were some of my first invites for that reason. You have no clue how much I wanted to draw scum this game. I put all of that energy into it, and even explained in-thread multiple times that I was vying for it because I wanted to show people. SO badly. That I had it in me to play a solid scumgame. I anticipated daytalk existing this game. I theorized as to what kinds of roles would and wouldn't be in the game. I had a fakeclaim (not mod-provided) planned out which of course would be modified on circumstances and timing depending on things in-thread.

I got none of it. Most the players I asked were too busy. (I did get some, though.) I didn't draw scum. Instead, I got stuck as anti-scum. Quite depressing, actually, when you think about it. All that time and effort spent preparing for it, and yep, of course I ended up being punished for it by landing this.

In post 1403, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:You just keep looking worse to me.
Fuck that. I'm conftown. Dealwithit.

In post 1402, geists wrote:This is a really interesting townbloc, mostly in the players that aren't in it.
Did I mention my reads are (mostly) fluid right now? I could be convinced of (almost) anything. I have a central townbloc. Squirrel's not in it but is the nearest player to it.

Other players I suppose could be in it if I think about it. Like, thinking, Majiffy's *probably* at minimum an outlier for the townbloc.

But while I have very strong townreads on, say, MDT and AD, they're not players I hold the same feelings for as I do for my townbloc. I have a bond, effectively a pack with those inside the townbloc. Those outside the townbloc are therefore malleable reads. Some reads (like the aforementioned MDT/AD reads) are unlikely to change, but can change in theory. The townbloc reads will not, to the point where a cop claiming a guilty would get lynched by me. So please do take my word for it...
I'd still like to talk with you about your Clyton read, because based on one game played with him (where he was scum), I can see that his participation in this game was quite different, but I don't know why that difference should be called strongly town. 2 data points, one flip.
...That when I say it, no means no. I'm not going to.

None of my scumreads right now are strong.
Most of my townreads are not strong. At all.

Don't really know/care which head this is, but let me put the above in perspective by something ffery will understand, by continuing it with the finish:
When it comes to the townreads that
are
strong, I hold absolute faith in them. They are my rocks. If all other reads of mine changed, these reads would not change. They are my baselines. The thing the rest of the game rests on. My wording may be more like, I dunno, a Tammy-description of this type of townread rather than the ffery-description of the type of townread, but it should be at least close enough that you can understand it.

So trust me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What happens when those strong town reads flip scum?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:44 am

Post by The Goat »

In post 1388, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1383, Lemniscate wrote:
In post 1380, The Goat wrote:Nero is playing differently than the games I remember with him. Will have to go back and check how long ago that was, and what his alignment was.

Do you know what games these were? I wouldn't mind taking a look myself...

I assume he's talking about http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=28017

but I don't know what the fuck he thinks is different.

You were being a tool in that game. Not so much now.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:08 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

@Nero - so you asked me a question with an 'obvious' answer, I responded by saying 'the answer to that is so obvious I don't think you're scumhunting since you're asking it' and your response to that is 'lol, overreaction = scum!' ...I'm not a big fan of this line of thought. You asked an obvious answer question, I ignored/skipped it, and it mattered enough for you to bring up again when I answered it...and then YOU DIDN'T RESPOND TO MY SUPPOSED SCUMMY OVERREACTION FOR MULTIPLE DAYS.

No, I don't buy it. This is smokescreen.

@Goat - have you finished that read/skim and are able to offer thoughts yet? You promised, broken promises are like broken nuts - no fun for anyone.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:09 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

You didn't even call it an over answer until someone else did. You even supplied them the link when they asked for my answer. Why did it take you so long to point out that you found my answer scummy and to vote me?
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:44 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

@Nero: Mastin ignores it and stays arrogant
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:08 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

Squirel girl is town.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:25 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 1413, Svenskt Stål wrote:Squirel girl is town.

Are you agreeing with my points on Nero then, or just agreeing that I'm applying town logic to my actions? Because if it's the former, I wouldn't mind some sheepage, I think we're pretty lonely on the ex-Rhaego wagon.
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:40 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

Neither.

You show passion and frustration trying to solve.

I am currently too out of touch with the game to throw my weight arround in trying to get people lynched, i thought i would have more time and lust for this.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:10 am

Post by T S O »

"I am conftown!"

you're nowhere near conftown. you can stop with that any time now, it doesn't work.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:12 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1407, Always wrote:I anticipated daytalk existing this game.

How do you know daytalk doesn't exist again?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am

Post by The Goat »

Catching up again...

Have you ever had a situation when you're reading someone as scum for an entire game, and then they post something so towny it just obliterates your read?

Yeah, that's what happened with Icerink in post 928.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:22 am

Post by T S O »

In post 928, AngryIcerink wrote:I think we shouldn't speculate too much on whether Inuyasha could be scum in flavor. People's biases on this point could potentially out likely PRs.

- Iec

really?

it's not particularly townish to me.
-Marquis
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:28 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

Wait what about day talk?
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:31 am

Post by T S O »

She said she anticipated it, implying that it doesn't exist in this game - but how would she know that?
-Marquis
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:49 am

Post by shos »

VOTE: TSO
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:52 am

Post by T S O »

"I am conflicted about TSO, leaning town" ---> "vote: tso"

see, this is why you're scum.
-Marquis
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:07 am

Post by The Goat »

Wow. I'm caught up.

My eyes may actually be bleeding.

I do not like ANY of the top 3 wagons.

As much as that TSO/Mastin/Y&B interaction near the end was painful to read, I really do not like the reactions of Y&B.

vote Y&B

Other top suspect is Beast...and Sven is less active than I remember him, although I can appreciate his need for data.

I am off to stick my eyes into a beer. I will be back later this evening.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”