Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why is PV not posting?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by The Goat »

Good...LORD.

Is the any chance whatsoever this giant clusterfuck of dick/brain measuring could take a back seat to actual scum hunting for a little bit?

I'd like all of you involved in this to please take your heads out of your asses and stop bickering. Stop being concerned about who's the better player. I can assure you that nobody really cares or agrees with any of you.

I'm now going to gather some spelunking equipment and attempt to navigate this dung-filled cavern of a Day 1. See you all on the other side.
Lemniscate
Lemniscate
Goon
Lemniscate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by Lemniscate »

Wow... that was an amusing past 100 pages.

I'm afraid I may have mis-attributed a lot of things people said to other people, because it was so... clustery. I am curious though, I believe it was Birds of Prey or something like that who said they had a pretty firm town read on TSO. While I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, I would like to know why. I've modded games where I saw TSO as scum, and I've read more games then I can even remember of TSO's scum and town game, I think I have a pretty good read on him one way or another, but first I'd like to hear your opinion.

I don't have as firm of a scum read on Old and Grumpy, in fact I find her play to be somewhat town-motivated, albeit not coming across in any way that would make a sane person not want to commit suicide, but still town-motivated none-the-less. Perhaps town-aligned would be better to use than motivated per say... oh well.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by Cephrir »

(Lemniscate replaces Rhaego/Wake)
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by The Goat »

In post 436, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:
In post 423, Nero Cain wrote:3. shos
6. Katsuki
7. Sakura Hana
16. Majiffy
20. Clyton
21. Abomination (Who, Axxle, Haylen, MTD, T-Bone, ika, & BipolarChemist)
26. xofelf
28. Klick
^
so who wants to help me kill who?

Why do you include sakura on this list and not the goat?

Because I'm awesome.

Yes, this is where I'm up to in my reading.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by The Goat »

Random thoughts at post 674 (end of p. 27):

I'm townreading Majiffy thus far. I remember him being more arrogant as scum. Yes, really.
Nero is playing differently than the games I remember with him. Will have to go back and check how long ago that was, and what his alignment was.
Icerint/AP is pinging the ever-loving holy crap out of my Goatdar.
Y&B is a fluffier poster than I am. And that's saying something.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by Egg »

Gonna be behind for a few days again. Getting up at 5am to work until 11pm the next two days. My next three work days after that might be shorter so maybe I cam catch up then.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by The Goat »

Losing focus and may be missing stuff by skimming too fast...will continue in the morning.
Lemniscate
Lemniscate
Goon
Lemniscate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by Lemniscate »

In post 1380, The Goat wrote:Nero is playing differently than the games I remember with him. Will have to go back and check how long ago that was, and what his alignment was.

Do you know what games these were? I wouldn't mind taking a look myself...
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

Actually I think y&b look townish after recent posts.

Gym post.

-Bird, obv
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by HighShroomish »

In post 1368, Young and Beautiful wrote:
~Post-Edit-2~
: Oh, were you in that game, too?...

You
were
, weren't you!? Under that "Riptide" moniker!

I'm so glad to see that you're probably still town as before, even if your sour reads and nasty misinterpretation habits haven't changed a bit!

Oh fuck if this Elyse I might shit myself.

Those misinterpretation habits came from me trying to look too stupid to be scum on the last game day. Before that the one and only thing that I "misinterpreted" was my read on Elyse. From there I had 2/3 scum pegged to the wall the whole game until I started to waffle between ffery and tool as the last scum, everything else was dice.

And since when are my reads sour? They are as... Wait, no, I like sour.
And YOU DONT FUCK WITH MY PARALLELS.
I thought temptresses were supposed to be seductive. I guess it's because I'm not a fan of hugs or kisses. Or tempting. Or flirting in general. Or scumfucks.

PH, you have got to post more. I'm dying not being able to get a good read on you.

Bird what are you on about? Which recent posts? Because "Young" has just managed to piss two huge ass egos off.
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

Mastin can I ask as a favor that you keep playing Shroomish as null at best?
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

Err playing was not supposed to be in that sentence. Phone post
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1383, Lemniscate wrote:
In post 1380, The Goat wrote:Nero is playing differently than the games I remember with him. Will have to go back and check how long ago that was, and what his alignment was.

Do you know what games these were? I wouldn't mind taking a look myself...

I assume he's talking about http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=28017

but I don't know what the fuck he thinks is different.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Lemniscate
Lemniscate
Goon
Lemniscate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by Lemniscate »

In post 1385, HighShroomish wrote:Bird what are you on about? Which recent posts? Because "Young" has just managed to piss two huge ass egos off.

Hi Shroom! Ever wonder if that's exactly what she was attempting to do? Perhaps she accomplished what she was looking for, but what motivation would be behind that? Think about it, and you'll have my POV on the situation.

Also do you still like your vote on XOF? She's the leading wagon, FYI.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1386, AngryIcerink wrote:Mastin can I ask as a favor that you keep playing Shroomish as null at best?

Why is Shroom null?

beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

Reading conflict actually makes me want to read more of the game. Just so you know that there are two sides to the spectrum.

VOTE: Always

TSO is town and I don't like people who decide their own town tells. Scum tells are fine to decide yourself but not town tells.

TSO, I love you. Your posts make me happy so don't listen to all those haters. Well as long as you don't focus your anger on me I like your posts but yeah.
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:07 pm

Post by Always »

In post 1323, shos wrote:and neither mala OR mastin have been in that game.
Hate to rain in on your parade, but......*points to the origin of 3tm's name* :P

In post 1326, T S O wrote:She's trying to fake arrogance.
Faking arrogance is so 2013. In 2014, it's REAL arrogance, alignment regardless. ;)

I have never, ever seen her act like that.
Newsflash:
Mastin is one of the most unpredictable, chaotic, random, and surprising players on the site. A younger DGB you could say. (Along with all the ups and downs that come with that position.) You would have to play dozens upon dozens of games with me to not be continuously surprised. And even then, you'd end up still occasionally amazed at my antics, having thought yourself numb to them but still having been caught off-guard by them anyway.

She knows that arrogance is seen as a towntell to the majority of the players here, so she keeps. on. dropping. it.
Hey, I told you why I've had arrogance. You even know how to get me to stop being arrogant, but you're not going to take me up on the offer.

it's all there, ffery, if you want to see.
The problem is that if you were to be town, you're seeing what you want to see.

In post 1319, Always wrote:I will be humble and civil about almost every player on the list. About reads on myself, about reads on Clyton/neil, Venmar, and shos? Not so much. Everyone right now is asking (aside from one or two exceptions) about one of the above, and thus, is getting the arrogance. If they actually bothered taking my advice and asking about others, whoooooooooooooooole different Mastin would emerge.
Better way of saying this: Clyton/neil, Venmar, and shos (with an outlier in Squirrel Girl who isn't a member but shouldn't be bothered) are my central core townbloc. If someone fucks with them or fucks with me (that is, claiming to know me when they don't--Egg and Mhork come to mind; I do NOT like people who are right for the wrong reasons, even if townreading me correctly), then I will be fucking them back by being an ass.

If people talk about players outside the townbloc, then that side of me doesn't appear.
At all.
Even remotely.

In post 1376, The Goat wrote:Is the any chance whatsoever this giant clusterfuck of dick/brain measuring could take a back seat to actual scum hunting for a little bit?
Actually, I think there's good info to be had. Haven't analyzed it all as much as it could be, but there's some nice content.

It's also a nice way to make a statement.

In post 1345, Lord Mhork wrote:I'm really confused. When did YB have a spine?
Surprised me, too. I've lost my interest in lynching there for now. Might be scum, but they did in fact look really town in the TSO exchange.

In post 1386, AngryIcerink wrote:Mastin can I ask as a favor that you keep playing Shroomish as null at best?
Uhm...okay. I guess. I mean, that IS a bit of a favor since Shroomish was a fairly decent townread, but sure.

(See? This is me, not being arrogant. :P)
Moogle Dance Troupe
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by Moogle Dance Troupe »

Bleh. Did youdraw scum
again
, Mastin?

You're doing that thing again. That over-the-top arrogance thing. I saw it in Les Mis and I saw it in AoT where scum-you made an appearance both times. Working everyone up into a lather makes everyone hate you - but townread you much the same. I've seen it before, and it never fools me~

-Kaze
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

MDT, why do you think I'm scummy?

Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:12 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

@Nero - I don't think it counts as an overreaction when I point out that there is no scumhunting theory behind your question and call it scummy. Yes, I *could* have just given the simple answer. But...that was the point, the answer was so obvious as to make one wonder what the actual issue was - it was obvious either I'd forgotten or I had lied. That is the option. One is alignment neutral, and the other doesn't make sense to have happened. That's why I attacked you for even asking.

There was no overreaction.
There was a negative reaction.
Those are different things.

And if your new stance is that you *weren't* calling me scum for the question...what were you doing? You still haven't addressed that, and I've asked.
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by Birds of Prey »

In post 1384, AngryIcerink wrote:Actually I think y&b look townish after recent posts.

Gym post.

-Bird, obv

Clarify please.

Also, can you sign with AP, Pidgeon or something? I'm getting confused as to what is directed at us versus you.

- VFT -
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:29 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

In post 1392, Always wrote:Uhm...okay. I guess. I mean, that IS a bit of a favor since Shroomish was a fairly decent townread, but sure.

I know; I think I know why you find Shroomuish town. You quoted the same post that made me hesitant about him (the one about being a demon). I'm getting wary of all the soft-clears for claims/flavor in my head. I could be 100% wrong about Shroomish but I really get off feels from him and I don't trust him. I even tried to convince myself that the Demon=Miller tidbit was reaching but Iec told me he thought it made sense. So I'm not saying Shroomish is scum, but I would definitely not put him anywhere near my town circle.
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:31 pm

Post by Always »

In post 1393, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:Bleh. Did youdraw scum
again
, Mastin?
Peh.
I
wish
But noooooooooooooooo.
I just HAD to be anti-scum.

Nobody wants me to be scum more than myself. I had prepared an awesome scumgame, even.
This isn't an awesome scumgame. Antagonize players to get townreads on me? A fucking joke. I've been doing that since 2012. I could do what I've done this game since...actually, fuck 2012. I could do that in 2011. No, fuck that. I could do that in 2009. (Admittedly, it took until 2011 to do
well
...) I specifically have been gloating I could do better. But no. Not this game.
Anti scum.

Fuck 'random' number generators. :evil:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1395, Squirrel Girl wrote:@Nero - I don't think it counts as an overreaction when I point out that there is no scumhunting theory behind your question and call it scummy. Yes, I *could* have just given the simple answer. But...that was the point, the answer was so obvious as to make one wonder what the actual issue was - it was obvious either I'd forgotten or I had lied. That is the option. One is alignment neutral, and the other doesn't make sense to have happened. That's why I attacked you for even asking.

There was no overreaction.
There was a negative reaction.
Those are different things.

And if your new stance is that you *weren't* calling me scum for the question...what were you doing? You still haven't addressed that, and I've asked.

In NY172, Mastinscum was scum reading two players, lurked, then came back and called them town or maybe it was the other way around. Obviously you aren't mastin but that looked like a similar type gaffe. Regardless, I think its a natural reaction to WANT to have things that look like contradictions or w/e to be explained. You ARE right, that, even if you are scum that all you could say is "opps I forgot". Its not just about the question but how you REACT to the question and I think your reaction was the angry/argumentative SG and not the SG from Mala's mini.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”