Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

Votecount 1.18

shos 7 (BulbaFenix, Majiffy, ProHawk, TSO, BBmolla, Lord Mhork, Young and Beautiful)

Nero Cain 5 (Abomination, Squirrel Girl, Mist7676, AngryIcerink, shos)
xofelf 5 (geists, Egg, ActionDan, Always, Nero Cain)

Wake88 3 (beastcharizard, Squirrel Girl, Svenskt Stål)

Abomination 1 (Katsuki)
Lord Mhork 1 (Rhaego)
beastcharizard 1 (Venmar)
Katsuki 1 (Wake88)
Young and Beautiful 1 (Birds of Prey)
Squirrel Girl 1 (Moogle Dance Troupe)

Not Voting 4 (Clyton, The Goat, HighShroomish, xofelf)

15 to lynch.

Deadline: July 18, 2 PM EST.
Last edited by Cephrir on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:54 am

Post by AngryIcerink »

In post 1099, geists wrote:You're trying way too hard to dismantle a wagon that isn't even leading the pack atm.
What is your read on my slot and why?
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:03 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

All wagons are stalled because half the 28 player base is lurkaderping.

Easy lynch is antitown. People can just drop votes on easy wagons like xof and coast on it. Who on the wagon is pushing xof other than you?

I'm defending xof because she's not here and I like her. Plus piling impatient pressure isn't going to do anything really productive with her.

Also btw is hilarious that abomination was gonna be a policy lynch because dissonance and clogging the thread. They have really done neither of these things. I think they might be the least dissonant hydra here. If there's still a wagon on them, why?
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:04 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

Oh there's just one vote on a player not here.

Kat why are you still voting abomination?
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:09 am

Post by AngryIcerink »

Really? The shos wagon seems pretty 'easy' to me. Half the pressure on him is because he 'slipped'.
-AP
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:10 am

Post by AngryIcerink »

In post 1097, AngryIcerink wrote:
In post 1095, Egg wrote:Can't figure out why AngryIec is voting Nero instead of xofelf.
Because Iec has spent more time in this game than I have and we haven't talked about moving our vote; if I do move it, it'll be after I talk to him. I don't know how good he feels about Xofelf and I don't want to be the dominant voice in this hydra.
Unvote; Vote: Xofelf

I'm fine with that.

-Iec
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:12 am

Post by Egg »

Let's be real. Any wagon that gets anywhere near the required 15 votes for a Day 1 lynch is going to feel easy as soon as it gains traction.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:15 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

He slipped and to the best of my memory he hasn't adequately explained it. That's sketch as fuck.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:16 am

Post by Egg »

In post 1102, Lord Mhork wrote: I'm defending xof because she's not here and I like her. Plus piling impatient pressure isn't going to do anything really productive with her
I happen to like her too. But I'm scumreading her and I lynch scum reads.

And for the third time. I don't give a rat's ass about pressure. You are the only one bringing up pressure. My vote is not a pressure vote. It's a "can we just lynch this now?" vote.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:16 am

Post by Egg »

In post 1107, Lord Mhork wrote:He slipped and to the best of my memory he hasn't adequately explained it. That's sketch as fuck.
He explained it just fine. It's just a matter of whether you believe him or not. I'm on the fence, personally.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:19 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

YOU ARE ONE OF THE FEW PEOPLE DOING THAT. YOU ARE NLT THE ONLY ONE ON THE WAGON. IM NOT SAYING YOU ARE VOTING HER FOR PRESSURE. IM SAYING ITS EASY TO VOTE HER FOR PRESSURE AND SCUM CAN HOP ON AND COAST

I feel like I remember you being this dense last time we played together. You're likely town but goddamn that doesn't mean you're right about xof

PEDIT:
Can you direct me to the post? The one /from/ shos not someone explaining why they think the slip could make sense from town.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:19 am

Post by AngryIcerink »

In post 1107, Lord Mhork wrote:He slipped and to the best of my memory he hasn't adequately explained it. That's sketch as fuck.
He's said that he had it in his mind that it was understood that Naraku was one team based on what AD said plus that there were multiple teams, so he was indicating that the other team whose flavor hadn't been discussed already was undead.

It requires you to infer closereading on shos's part, which is at odds with his previous lurkiness. I think that's the main point against it. But he's seemed relatively town since the nameclaim and AP says I can blame him if he flips scum, so w/e affective consequencees successfully mitigated for me.

- Iec
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:20 am

Post by AngryIcerink »

In post 938, shos wrote:And re: other scumteam: someone said that one scumteam is Naraku & assistants or something. So the othrt is undead.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:26 am

Post by Egg »

No, you're dense. I remember all too well.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:28 am

Post by Egg »

Seriously how can you hang on to "shos has no content" and "shos hasn't defended the slip"? Are you reading his posts? Have you looked at his ISO? Those aren't reasons to vote him. Maybe he's scum. But if he is, the strongest point against him is that he is using a name claim to treat himself as confirmed town.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:31 am

Post by geists »

In post 1101, AngryIcerink wrote:
In post 1099, geists wrote:You're trying way too hard to dismantle a wagon that isn't even leading the pack atm.
What is your read on my slot and why?
my read is cautious as hell leaning town.

I liked iece's response to my comment about our prior games.

I probably overestimate my learnings after I play against someone who's scum but I think I have picked up a few things.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:35 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

In post 934, shos wrote:And yeah I do have some shit about demons. It tells me whether i count as a demon or not - i wont say cuz i have no idea what this means - and something more that I...well ive no idea. Thats why i said i probably wont get killed even if i claim. I mean, I wouldnt kill me, lol. Not yet at least.

Also from examining my role pm i can infer that the other scumteam is undead. I think it could be something like bad demons vs undead vs good demons/humans or something, but thats jist speculation.
This is the post with slip. The issue with 'oh he was talking about demons team from someone else' is the wording he uses. He basically comes out in the first part saying he's a demon but obfuscates but he's being dumb for some reason. He's afraid being a demon will nail him as scum. Why would town think that? Town would go 'oh hey my PM says I count as a demon. I don't care because my alignment is glowing green.' Scum, if on a team with all demons would be all 'oh fuck we read as demons. That means there's a demon cop. Are there town demons? Ahhhhh.'

The second half says that his PM let's him infer that the other scum team is undead. A) this means for some reason he knows that all a team is the same demon or undead which is suspect in itself, and B) his role PM is talking about the scum teams. As in plural. How would town explain either of these?
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:35 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

I sometimes read shos' posts. I don't think they ever really sink in though
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:37 am

Post by Wake1 »

Good afternoon everyone.

I'll skim through this beast of a thread.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:55 am

Post by shos »

In post 1116, Lord Mhork wrote:
In post 934, shos wrote:And yeah I do have some shit about demons. It tells me whether i count as a demon or not - i wont say cuz i have no idea what this means - and something more that I...well ive no idea. Thats why i said i probably wont get killed even if i claim. I mean, I wouldnt kill me, lol. Not yet at least.

Also from examining my role pm i can infer that the other scumteam is undead. I think it could be something like bad demons vs undead vs good demons/humans or something, but thats jist speculation.
This is the post with slip. The issue with 'oh he was talking about demons team from someone else' is the wording he uses. He basically comes out in the first part saying he's a demon but obfuscates but he's being dumb for some reason. He's afraid being a demon will nail him as scum. Why would town think that? Town would go 'oh hey my PM says I count as a demon. I don't care because my alignment is glowing green.' Scum, if on a team with all demons would be all 'oh fuck we read as demons. That means there's a demon cop. Are there town demons? Ahhhhh.'

The second half says that his PM let's him infer that the other scum team is undead. A) this means for some reason he knows that all a team is the same demon or undead which is suspect in itself, and B) his role PM is talking about the scum teams. As in plural. How would town explain either of these?
it took me like 10 minutes to understand this post fully, lol.

So your first paragraph: I never said I am a demon here. I only said it later, asking how Birds of Prey knew that. thought in the back of my head: non-demons are the bad guys, and they're trying to kill all demons, and so Lord Mhork and BoP are scum together and both knew I was demon.
anyway so back to your post. I did not 'stall' claiming to be demon to 'not get nailed'. I stalled because some roles in the game probably relate to that, and I have no idea what the mechanics are, so the less I claim th ebetter. and someone else claimed town demon as well earlier, don't remember who.

second half:
A) ????
what? all a team is the same demon or undead? huh?
B) how on earth did you get to that conclusion, that my role PM talks of the scum teams? go and google 'infer'.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Moogle Dance Troupe
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:18 am

Post by Moogle Dance Troupe »

AD's role seems to give him similar information about multiple teams. Our role says various things that reflect on what the scumteam may have (and directly states that naraku is in the game).

The demon thing is not scum-indicative, it's town-indicative. Given that flavor clearly matters for alignment, scum have fake flavor claims. If he's scum, he has at least three buddies and at least four fake flavor claims to look at. He would also know that ceph wouldn't screw him over by giving him a demon claim if demon meant scum. Scum shos would know with certainty that demon isn't scum-indicative.

That case on shos is bad. Here's the good case: Shos's play suggests that he wanted a wagon to build on him, as if he had planned from the beginning to pull this whole flavor-IC bit, which casts some doubt on it's authenticity. He also acts as if there's no harm in revealing that his flavor is the main character of the series. Lastly, he infers that scum are undead from his role PM, which apparently is exactly right (according to AD), while I can't think of a great reason why inuyasha's role would mention undead at all.

I don't think that case is strong enough to outweigh shos-town evidence, though.

-kagami
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:19 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 1075, Lord Mhork wrote:Yo SG. Wanna vote shos?
No, I have come out with the opinion that shos is a town read for me. I, in fact, recently unvoted him and generally oppose the wagon on him.
In post 1076, Venmar wrote:This town is so luckluster lol. I'll push out some content and why's later today when im not busy playing league or something
I feel like there's a kettle somewhere being called black :lol:
Moogle Dance Troupe
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:20 am

Post by Moogle Dance Troupe »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: xofelf

beetlejuice
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:22 am

Post by BBmolla »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: xofelf

Let's give shos a day
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:23 am

Post by AngryIcerink »

In post 1110, Lord Mhork wrote:IM SAYING ITS EASY TO VOTE HER FOR PRESSURE AND SCUM CAN HOP ON AND COAST
Ya this isn't remotely comparable to voting Shos for 'slipping'. Thats not an easy vote at all.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”