Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

@quadz: Again? You play? :O
@Glork: either mill druid (Naturalize, Coldlight Oracle, etc.) wins by milling, Ramp Druid gets a huge dude out in the first few turns, or Token Druid (and ramp druid) wins by Force of Nature & Savage Roar for 14+ burst damage.

Also against my better judgement I made an alt to play Shaman on because I don't have the dust to craft an actual Shaman deck on my main yet (it's like 1k+ dust and I'm always building other decks, notably a Pally one that needs an Avenging Wrath), so I'm aiming to build something like Trump's f2p and just dick around on the account every 3 or so days for dailies. So far I had ~400 dust because I DE'd an Ancient of Lore and golden Blizzard. That felt... odd to do.

Two hours in and I already have a respectable enough deck, too:
Spoiler: Shaman
2x Earth Shock
2x Lightning Bolt
2x Rockbiter Weapon
1x Argent Squire
1x Stormforged Axe
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Flametongue Totem
1x Knife Juggler
1x Loot Hoarder
1x Feral Spirit
2x Hex
1x Lightning Storm
1x Arcane Golem
1x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x Chillwind Yeti
1x Gnomish Inventor
1x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
1x Bloodlust
1x Azure Drake
1x Argent Commander
2x Fire Elemental
1x Stormwind Champion

Went for crafting 1x of the major rares I'll want/need, then gonna work on the commons, in case I pull one of the rares I'd rather waste ~35 dust on crafting a common rather than wasting ~80 if I potentially craft a rare. Arcane Golem/Knife Juggler were pulls (same w/ Loot Hoarder&Argent Squire), crafted the Earth Shocks and Bolts rather than more rares because they seem most useful.

Wondering if I should bother slugging through the other classes if I'm only using neutral pulls and basic cards to get the 100g for getting everything to level 10.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by Juls »

I just lost two seconds ago to one. Although to be fair I was fucked over hard by ipad crash. :(. Anyone else have problems with ipad crashing hearthstone?
-------------------------------------
Juls
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

I've been having problems with some of the Hearthstone audio coming out, but I'm on PC. I thought it was my shitty laptop but esurio's reported problems too so idk

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:03 am

Post by quadz08 »

I've played maybe 10-12 hours worth of hearthstone total, and hadn't played in a couple months.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Glork »

Definitely just won an arena game through triple flamestrike. Turns out double Lightspawn + Triple Temple Enforcer is pretty good.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

I swear Priest arena runs are directly proportionate to how many temple enforcers you get.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:13 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Playing random Pally bullshit deck. Drop Sunwalker against a Shaman to bait out a Hex. He has it. Opponent drops Cairne, silence it w/ a Spellbreaker. Opponent drops Rag, I Faceless it and it takes his out. He Faceless-es mine and takes out my other minions, drops a totem. His Rag hits my face. I Stampeding Kodo his totem and my Rag takes his out. Ragequit.

God I love Faceless.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by AGar »

Faceless is p good. I love getting that card in the perfect lategame draw.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

My Pally deck has no actual wincon because I lack an Avenging Wrath (proooobably crafting that next because this Pally deck is fun) but Faceless (& Big Game Hunter) is really fun against Rag/Alex/general bigstuff.

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

so I don't know if I have the free time to organize it
at the moment
, but what would everyone think about a commons-only Hearthstone league?

something like:
- you have to play 5 matches/week with a minimum of three different MS players. so you can play 3 matches w/ one player and 1&1 for the other two.
- matches are best-of-three, where the loser of the previous game can change their deck but the winner keeps theirs. you obviously can't edit decks between games in matches, but you don't have to keep the same decks throughout the league.
- you don't have to restrict yourself to three decks like the major tourneys do, since the league is mostly casual.
- no rares/epics/legendaries allowed. maybe making it 'peasant' and allowing one rare only per deck but idk.
- make a point system (one point per game win, bonus point if you win a match?) to score everyone and rank people weekly.
- naming a monthly champion or something else cheesy.
- potentially allowing players to earn a bonus point or two for taking down the previous weekly champion in a match, to keep things interesting. probably would have to put a penalty in place for anyone who doesn't play matches so one person can't dominate for three weeks and skip playing anyone the last week and win (not that I think anyone here would refuse a match to win a casual league, but it also motivates people to keep playing, sorta how the Song Contest gives penalties if people don't participate).

not sure if there's much interest or if said interest would die off after a bit, but I was just brainstorming. I'd also totally organize this but I have a game I'm modding offsite and one onsite coming up soon, so IDK if I'd have the time to do it solo. the rules I thought up were also made so that whoever was running it could participate (since you don't need to submit decklists like a major tourney); I know if I end up running this I'd also want to play. *shrug*

numbers can also be altered. maybe make it a bit less time-committing/easier to make time with peoples' schedules and make it three matches a week with all separate players, maybe adding that each week you need to play at least one different player than last week. could even do silly challenges for extra points (win a match using X card in your deck (e.g. Wisp, Magma Rager), or a Highlander deck (one of each card), etc.). lots of different things you could do with this.

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by Juls »

I would do it and so would my husband (Moratorium) but I would likely lose every match. And I'm fine with that. :)
Juls
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by Human Destroyer »

In post 459, InflatablePie wrote:so I don't know if I have the free time to organize it
at the moment
, but what would everyone think about a commons-only Hearthstone league?

something like:
- you have to play 5 matches/week with a minimum of three different MS players. so you can play 3 matches w/ one player and 1&1 for the other two.
- matches are best-of-three, where the loser of the previous game can change their deck but the winner keeps theirs. you obviously can't edit decks between games in matches, but you don't have to keep the same decks throughout the league.
- you don't have to restrict yourself to three decks like the major tourneys do, since the league is mostly casual.
- no rares/epics/legendaries allowed. maybe making it 'peasant' and allowing one rare only per deck but idk.
- make a point system (one point per game win, bonus point if you win a match?) to score everyone and rank people weekly.
- naming a monthly champion or something else cheesy.
- potentially allowing players to earn a bonus point or two for taking down the previous weekly champion in a match, to keep things interesting. probably would have to put a penalty in place for anyone who doesn't play matches so one person can't dominate for three weeks and skip playing anyone the last week and win (not that I think anyone here would refuse a match to win a casual league, but it also motivates people to keep playing, sorta how the Song Contest gives penalties if people don't participate).

not sure if there's much interest or if said interest would die off after a bit, but I was just brainstorming. I'd also totally organize this but I have a game I'm modding offsite and one onsite coming up soon, so IDK if I'd have the time to do it solo. the rules I thought up were also made so that whoever was running it could participate (since you don't need to submit decklists like a major tourney); I know if I end up running this I'd also want to play. *shrug*

numbers can also be altered. maybe make it a bit less time-committing/easier to make time with peoples' schedules and make it three matches a week with all separate players, maybe adding that each week you need to play at least one different player than last week. could even do silly challenges for extra points (win a match using X card in your deck (e.g. Wisp, Magma Rager), or a Highlander deck (one of each card), etc.). lots of different things you could do with this.
commons only is going too far I think

managrind does rares and lower and it works pretty well for them though
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:06 pm

anyway that wasn't why I wanted to post here

I decided to buy a bunch of packs

And I got a shitton of legendaries and dust

So now I have Ramp Druid

Whee~!
Are you ready for this?
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Eh, I suggested commons-only to make it easier for those of us that have crappy decks and/or not many rares, since I know we have a few people here that are newish/more casual. Meta would be interesting, too (Miracle isn't a deck, no more Azure Drakes and Argent Commanders... most viable 'zoo' deck would be like, Shaman or Hunter? idk).

Also you're the worst type of person for playing ramp Druid :(

Unrelated sidenote, Kolento just hit #1 Legend with this Pally deck, so I can just build that and save my dust for a Ragnaros instead of getting a Wrath, and have an actual finisher for multiple decks. Yay smart decisions.

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by Juls »

We could maybe do so many points? Like 20 where legendaries are worth 10, epics worth 5, rares worth 2, and commons are free. I don't know. Never done anything like this, not sure if that's a thing or not.
Juls
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:53 pm

In post 463, InflatablePie wrote:Eh, I suggested commons-only to make it easier for those of us that have crappy decks and/or not many rares, since I know we have a few people here that are newish/more casual. Meta would be interesting, too (Miracle isn't a deck, no more Azure Drakes and Argent Commanders... most viable 'zoo' deck would be like, Shaman or Hunter? idk).
I'm actually wondering if I can make Thrallmar Farseer viable, now that I think about it.

I'd be willing to play.
In post 463, InflatablePie wrote:Also you're the worst type of person for playing ramp Druid :(
I actually don't think it's that amazing.
Getting Wild Growth and/or Innervate in the opening hand is horribly inconsistent and it's just weird to me to rely on getting a specific opening card to do well.
Maybe I just need to get used to it though.
In post 463, InflatablePie wrote:Unrelated sidenote, Kolento just hit #1 Legend with this Pally deck, so I can just build that and save my dust for a Ragnaros instead of getting a Wrath, and have an actual finisher for multiple decks. Yay smart decisions.
I like Kolento as a player, but his streams are not entertaining. He is an insanely good player though and he deserves respect.

Also he builds amazing decks.
Are you ready for this?
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

my hearthstone feed thing keeps pinging me with "HumanDestroyer has opened Nat Pagle/Cenarius/Ysera/Al'Akir/Golden Illidan/Archmage Antonidas..." and I think I'm forgetting one or two more.

make it stop/make my luck that awesome :(

Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:03 pm

you forgot 2 cenariuses lol EDIT: also I think I got another "the beast" today but I can't remember for sure (and honestly don't care because the beast sucks)

nonetheless I did have a really lucky pack run today, and crafted a few legendaries to go along with it! (tirion, grom, vancleef)
Are you ready for this?
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

ugh, so jealous (but not jealous enough to go drop a bunch
more
money on the game)
In post 464, Juls wrote:We could maybe do so many points? Like 20 where legendaries are worth 10, epics worth 5, rares worth 2, and commons are free. I don't know. Never done anything like this, not sure if that's a thing or not.
I really like this idea, too
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by AGar »

Yeah I'd be in for some sort of casual-esque league.

I'd also be interested (once people get fuller cardbases) in doing some kind of actual tournament amongst scummers without restrictions eventually.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by Hyperion »

I would definitely be in for a common league, since I have a pretty crappy collection.
Hyperion#1148
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm down for a league even though I don't play that much. I think rares and lower is probably a fine limit.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Rares are literally 100 dust, there's no excuse not to have them.
green shirt thursdays
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:28 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I'd do this I guess

Also, I have only ever opened two legendaries. Velen and Mukla.

But I have like almost 900 dust that I'm holding
don't you feel silly now?
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:29 am

Post by quadz08 »

can somebody explain how dust / crafting works to me? I got dust after finishing my first arena run, but I don't reeeeally understand what I'm doing with it.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

Return to “The Arcade”