Mini 425 Generic Western Mafia- Game over!

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2007 5:05 pm

Post by Thesp »

CrashTextDummie wrote:Thesp - anything you'd like me to adress?
Yes. Why aren't you voting for scum? I already pointed them out. :cry:
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
mustafa15
mustafa15
Goon
mustafa15
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 1:50 am

Post by mustafa15 »

I'm in two other games with John, and he hasn't said anything since the tenth in either one. Maybe he got sick, or doesn't know about the Vacation thread.
I'm back
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 7:33 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Ok I'm back. Thanks for your patience everyone.

@CTD: Based on game size, I'd say 3 scum, 1 SK. Could be just 4 "vanilla" scum based on game title. If you're looking for a concrete answer...sorry, I'm not scum so I don't know. Ask Peter, John, or Paradoxombie, also possibly Raffles if you want a definite answer.

I'm happier with a Peter lynch than John, but either way I think we're hitting scum.

Vote: Peter Venkman
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 8:19 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Thesp wrote:Yes. Why aren't you voting for scum? I already pointed them out. :cry:
You're wrong about at least one of them, which makes me very confident that there's scum among the people you didn't point out.
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:@CTD: Based on game size, I'd say 3 scum, 1 SK. Could be just 4 "vanilla" scum based on game title. If you're looking for a concrete answer...sorry, I'm not scum so I don't know. Ask Peter, John, or Paradoxombie, also possibly Raffles if you want a definite answer.
4 scum, eh? Interesting answer.
Vel-Rahn Koon in #41 wrote:If everything goes against the town (meaning we lynch all townies and the scum get all their night kills), this game will only last until Day 3! That's pretty short, so we MUST spend as much time as possible on Day 1 trying to get people to slip up.
Vel-Rahn Koon in #118 wrote:Why? It keeps the scum guessing. Assume in a 12 player game that we have 3 scum. They all know each other, so they have 9 people to pick from to find the Cop/Doc/Other Power Role. With your claim, they're now down to 8. No claims unless you're under Lynch conditions people.
The quote from #41 implies that you know how many scum there are. You can't predict the number of mislynches it takes for the town to lose if you don't. I find it baffling why a member of the uninformed majority would even attempt to.

On the other hand, even the best of players have been known to blindly assume a 3-person scumteam in minigames, which is why I didn't flat-out call you on this.

That your answer is "3 scum, 1 SK or 4 vanilla scum" when directly asked is highly inconsistent to me, and strongly suggests that your lying.

Mustafa15's last post, namely the complete lack of acknowledgement that someone called for his lynch reinforces my belief that my vote is in the right place. I'll outline how my vote got there in the first place when I have some more time.

Can we lynch both these guys, please?
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Interesting catch CTD.

That appears to be the most "solid" evidence that has appeared day 1. Everything else I've seen so far are hunches, WIFOM arguments, or baiting attempts.

Unvote. Vote Vel-Rahn Koon.

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 11:57 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

@VRK.

Because you didn't post any reason for your vote on me I had to do some digging. This appears to be the best thing I can come up with. If you have a better reason, please share.
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:Assume Peter is scum. He went after Guardian for a bit of a nit-picky reason (Guardian's stance that Town players should play to live).

...to keep going after someone for such a personal issue is a bit like arguing about gun-control or abortion rights - it's difficult to sway someone's opinion in this case.

...I get the impression that Peter kept hitting this as one of his only arguments for Guardian as scum, and when the rest of the players didn't jump on, he said "ok nevermind, this is distracting". A change of tack was warranted if Peter is scum because he isn't getting the necessary town reaction.
Well, which is it? Should I have continued to attack Guardian despite how it is "difficult to sway someone's oppinion"? You certainly outline a damned if I do, damned if I don't situation.
VRK wrote:Welcome Thesp, glad to have you with us. I like your play style btw. Very interesting way to get reactions from people.
So, when I put pressure on someone to get a reaction, it makes me scummy. But when Thesp does it, it draws your admiration. Oookay...
VRK wrote:If you feel that someone is scum, you go after them. You pressure them, you make them slip up.
Uh... unless of course, the person you are putting pressure on is Guardian.

Seriously VRK, do you have a good reason for your vote on me??

-Peter
mustafa15
mustafa15
Goon
mustafa15
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by mustafa15 »

CrashTextDummie wrote: Mustafa15's last post, namely the complete lack of acknowledgement that someone called for his lynch reinforces my belief that my vote is in the right place. I'll outline how my vote got there in the first place when I have some more time.
Aagh. I didn't see that when I read over what I missed somehow... I'd like to hear your reasoning soon.

I think that VRK was just guessing at the number of scum in the examples you showed, and I don't really think that it's enough to deserve a vote. I'm not liking paradoxombie right now.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

CrashTextDummie wrote:
Thesp wrote:Yes. Why aren't you voting for scum? I already pointed them out. :cry:
You're wrong about at least one of them, which makes me very confident that there's scum among the people you didn't point out.
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:@CTD: Based on game size, I'd say 3 scum, 1 SK. Could be just 4 "vanilla" scum based on game title. If you're looking for a concrete answer...sorry, I'm not scum so I don't know. Ask Peter, John, or Paradoxombie, also possibly Raffles if you want a definite answer.
4 scum, eh? Interesting answer.
Vel-Rahn Koon in #41 wrote:If everything goes against the town (meaning we lynch all townies and the scum get all their night kills), this game will only last until Day 3! That's pretty short, so we MUST spend as much time as possible on Day 1 trying to get people to slip up.
Vel-Rahn Koon in #118 wrote:Why? It keeps the scum guessing. Assume in a 12 player game that we have 3 scum. They all know each other, so they have 9 people to pick from to find the Cop/Doc/Other Power Role. With your claim, they're now down to 8. No claims unless you're under Lynch conditions people.
The quote from #41 implies that you know how many scum there are. You can't predict the number of mislynches it takes for the town to lose if you don't. I find it baffling why a member of the uninformed majority would even attempt to.

On the other hand, even the best of players have been known to blindly assume a 3-person scumteam in minigames, which is why I didn't flat-out call you on this.
Which is exactly what I did. Assume 9/3:

Day 1: 9/3
Night 1: 8/3
Day 2: 7/3
Night 2: 6/3
Day 3: 5/3
Night 3: 4/3

Day 4 game ends scum win. It's a valid assumption: considering that we don't know anything at all about the make-up of the game, we can guess as to the number of scum there are based on previous games of this size. And, consider the context from which you took that quote - I was explaining why we should take our time and have as much discussion as possible. You're misrepresenting me by just focusing on the numbers when in fact it's not all that scummy when taken in context. I'm advocating that we be careful, not listing hard numbers.
CTD wrote:That your answer is "3 scum, 1 SK or 4 vanilla scum" when directly asked is highly inconsistent to me, and strongly suggests that your lying.
Sorry, I came up with one extra this go around. Is 4 any more of an unbelieveable number than 3? I don't have any excuse for 4 this time vs. 3 in 41 and 118, so take it as you will. But, if this is the entire basis for your argument for your vote on me, I think it needs some work.

Peter, nice bandwagon.
Confirm Vote: Peter Venkman

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

EBWOP:
Sorry all. I've been trying to write that post for 2 hrs now, and post 455 and 456 were not there when I started. I will address them shortly when I have more time, if I have not already addressed them up to this point.

CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:It's a valid assumption: considering that we don't know anything at all about the make-up of the game, we can guess as to the number of scum there are based on previous games of this size. And, consider the context from which you took that quote - I was explaining why we should take our time and have as much discussion as possible. You're misrepresenting me by just focusing on the numbers when in fact it's not all that scummy when taken in context. I'm advocating that we be careful, not listing hard numbers.
"If everything goes against the town, the game will be over by day 3" doesn't sound like an assumption to me. But as I said, that part I would be willing to accept, if it weren't for:
Sorry, I came up with one extra this go around. Is 4 any more of an unbelieveable number than 3? I don't have any excuse for 4 this time vs. 3 in 41 and 118, so take it as you will.
I believe that every player comes into a game with a certain mindset. Twice you assumed a 3-person scumteam in the course of normal discussion. What made you reconsider when I asked you? It certainly wasn't anything that happened in the game, because you based your new theory on game size and game title.

I believe that you are scum, and that you lied, because telling the truth would expose you for what you are.
But, if this is the entire basis for your argument for your vote on me, I think it needs some work.
A bit overdefensive? I'm not even voting you. Which also means that there is no bandwagon for Peter Venkman to jump on, which makes your accusations against him ironic in more than one way.

You see, it's not the entire basis for my argument. I also have you in my notes for jumping on wagons at opportune moments (my predecessor, Avinyl and now Peter Venkman).

Another thing that made me scratch my head was the way you jumped off Avinyl in your post #382:
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:I get absolutely nothing from John, Avi, Mustafa, and Raffles.
Then why was your vote on him for
8 whooping pages
?

mustafa15:

No need to defend your scumbuddy like that. It's not only bad play, but also considered rude to answer questions adressed at other players. I'll see if I can whip up a case against you tonight.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Sorry Peter, it's going to have to wait until tomorrow. I do have reasons for voting you, I just don't have the energy to compose the post at the moment.

pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

unvote

IGMEOY:
Paradox and
mustafa, you've gotten on people for lurking, while quite often doing the same. Mostly content-less posts. Eww.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

VRK wrote:Peter, nice bandwagon
Bandwagoning with whom? CTD is voting on Mustafa. Are you even paying attention?

Further, the "Lets kill Peter" train has been primarily You, Guardian, and Avi (a lingering vote from the past).

So... who is bandwagoning?

If you had
good
reasons for voting me they would be ready on your mind, and a quick post would have done nicely. Looks to me like you need time to dig through my posts to pick some stuff out. Have fun with that. I look forward to your awkward acusation.

-Peter
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 3:40 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

...for clarification, I said Guardian because as soon as his replacement came along, he unvoted me.

-Peter
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 5:08 pm

Post by gorckat »

Peter's 455 is interesting...he does seem to have VRK caught in a bit of hypocrisy.

I'm comfortable on xombie right now since he hasn't responded to the now two votes on him.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 5:11 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

gorckat wrote: I'm comfortable on xombie right now since he hasn't responded to the now two votes on him.

1 now, I would still like to hear from him though, it's been awhile.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 5:24 pm

Post by Sefer »

Tenth official vote count:

Thesp(2): John, Raffles
Peter Venkman(2): Avinyl, Vel-Rahn Koon
pickemgenius (1): Paradoxombie
John (1): Thesp
paradoxombie (1): gorckat
Avinyl (1): mustafa15
mustafa15 (1): CrashTextDummie
Vel-Rahn Koon (1): Peter Venkman

Not voting: Occult, pickemgenius

12 alive, 7 to lynch.

Paradoxombie has been prodded.
Last edited by Sefer on Fri May 18, 2007 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2007 10:25 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

well out of respect for PMG, I'll
unvote

But I feel like I have to read through the topic again before I decide my course of action for the rest of the day
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 3:37 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Wow, almost 36 hours and only Paradox has posted.

I don't have anything new to add, but I would like to remind everyone there is a deadline approaching. The scum aren't going to stand up and reveal themselves. If you aren't comfortable lynching someone
now
, you won't be better off when the deadline arrives
unless you start some conversation

Avi hasn't posted in 11 days.
John hasn't posted in 6 days.
Raffles hasn't posted in 4 days.

...and a whole lot of you are at three days.

I would like to see Avi replaced, and John and Raffles given a prod.

-Peter
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 4:23 am

Post by gorckat »

@CTD- you said you'd outline your vote on mustafa...can you do so?
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 8:01 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

just a suggestion, perhaps we should all list all of our suspicions

At best we'd get some more scum tells or some faulty reasoning, and at worst we may be able to pick someone to compromise on that we all find pretty suspicious, even if they aren't our #1.

Does that sound fair?
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 9:21 am

Post by Raffles »

If listing suspicions, you should narrow it down to two players at most and present a decent case.

I'm unable to do this at least until saturday though. I'm trying to keep up but it's hard without hardly being able to perticupate.
Woof!
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by Sefer »

I've prodded John and started seeking a replacement for Avinyl, who has failed to pick up the prod I sent three days ago.

Deadline in
FIVE
days.
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 2:47 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Here's my uber quick analysis on everyone:

John: Seems town, scary possibility of being a SK (if there is one), icky playstyle vote on Thesp, and Guardian to "quiet him down"

Avi: where are you? I empathize with your situation, not a ton scummy, except for not being here, and too-townie spiel.

Occult: Early scum pair hint?? with his 7th post. Constant attack of Avi.
Occult wrote:Now this is interesting, Avinyl hasn't posted about the same amount of time Vry had, but we're not jumping on him.....
gorckat: town, direct quesions, good analysis.

mustafa: lurks, gets on people for lurking, not alot of content.

VRK: getting crap for guessing scum numbers, nothing screaming scum.

Thesp: town looking for reactions, and gets them, DLMF wasn't helpful.

Peter: he got on VRK for guessing #scum, when early on, he guessed aswell.
Peter wrote:With 1/4 to 1/3 of the players being on their team
, insists that townies shouldn't be worried about being lynched. Nothing incredibly scummy, just some oddities, like everyone has.

Paradoxombie: I've already outlined you.

Raffles: defense of friend. Nothing screaming scum.

CTD: attacks on mustafa, VRK.

There it is, short and sweet.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 5:18 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

I attacked VRK because of Post 41.

As CTD pointed out, and VRK admitted, he estimated those numbers with three scum. He didn't add any caveats. It sounds like someone who knows the exact number of scum. Later, when confronted with the new knowledge of a possible SK (which scum wouldn't know about), he adjusts his numbers.

In addition, his treatment of me isn't consistant. I outlined my feelings not even one page ago in Post 455, and Post 462.

-Peter

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”