Mini 1582: Formerfish's First Foray (Game Over)

Tattletale
Tattletale
Goon
Tattletale
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:20 am

Post by Tattletale »

We can ask the moderator to confirm, but I do not believe this is how Hiders work. If you do not die, they do not die, unless you are scum.
All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:49 am

Post by massive »

Scumreads:

Boon has, at this point, talked himself into a lynch. I was first on him yesterday and first on him today.
ILF was slipping towards scum and I would have liked to have had her answer my questions. Tattletale in isolation reads town, but I'm OMGUSing because it's me.
Octopus reads like someone with extra information. I don't know if it's scum or investigative. Nul was a non-factor.
Grib is town. I'm on record for feeling confident on that.
bjc is likely town.
theelkspeaks is a slate. He's made six posts. I'm not crazy about him still thinking bjc is a lynch option.
Drew is town.
Tony is probably scum if Boon is scum. He hops on when it seems like Boon is the lynch candidate and it's gonna be a quick one, hops off after I hop off and proclaims him town (333), and pushes bjc again as a lynch candidate. KittyMo has links to ILF (95% town, 96) and possibly Boon (86) and is weirdly the person asking about the double hammer.

My like scum is Boon, ILF/Tattletale, KittyMo/Fat_Tony.

2. I am 100% confident you are town and have been since page 1. I am confident Tattletale is likely scum.

3. I can't imagine bulletproof being something that would transfer to a Hider, but it's meta-ing the mod to speculate.

4. Since I know I'm not scum, it has to be higher than 0.

5. Nor was I, but it's a logical conclusion, I think.

Tattletale
: If only one of Boon or I are scum, is me jumping off Boon's wagon to prolong day and engage conversation more likely to make me the scum of the two, or less likely?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:51 am

Post by Formerfish »

Vote Count 2.6

Fat_Tony- bjc
Boonskiies- Octopus, Drew-Sta (L-3)
massive- Tattletale, Boonskiies (L-3)

Not Voting: massive, theelkspeaks, Grib, Fat_Tony

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch
(expired on 2014-07-11 23:35:00)
Last edited by Formerfish on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tattletale
Tattletale
Goon
Tattletale
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:17 am

Post by Tattletale »

In post 351, massive wrote:
Tattletale
: If only one of Boon or I are scum, is me jumping off Boon's wagon to prolong day and engage conversation more likely to make me the scum of the two, or less likely?
You are more likely to be the scum of the two, but not for that reason. If only one of Boonskies and you are mafia, unvoting to make us think you are a responsible townie ("prolonging the day and engaging conversation") is good play. I don't believe it should change my read of you at all in that scenario.
In post 351, massive wrote:Octopus reads like someone with extra information. I don't know if it's scum or investigative.
Why would you post this?
All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:31 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm town.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Octopus
Octopus
Townie
Octopus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:38 am

Post by Octopus »

I
knew
there was something else bothering me about this post...
In post 298, Boonskiies wrote:If I get lynched today, and flip town, might I add, scum will get another kill in the night, and there's either a Vig or an SK in this game, as two people died in the night last night. I die, I flip town. Then scum kills a town member. that leaves the vote count 3 scum, 4 town. BUT WAIT!!!!!!! There's another night kill happening. If that last night kill goes wrong, that's 3 scum, to 3 town, and game over.
Why the certainty that there are three scum in the game Boon?
It's not a certainty in an 11 player game,
AND
with a vig (ok maybe) or SK (absolutely no way).
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:05 am

Post by massive »

In post 353, Tattletale wrote:In post 351, massive wrote:
Octopus reads like someone with extra information. I don't know if it's scum or investigative.

Why would you post this?
Why not? At the time, it was the truth, and my best weapon right now is full disclosure. But you know, in retrospect, it can't be investigative, can it. I was thinking, IF he's a tracker or something and IF Shinobi hid with me then it makes sense why he would jump in first thing and attack me with something, ANYTHING to try and get me lynched. But then it really doesn't make sense for him to jump off me and onto some easier lynch. Huh.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:22 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 356, massive wrote:
In post 353, Tattletale wrote:In post 351, massive wrote:
Octopus reads like someone with extra information. I don't know if it's scum or investigative.

Why would you post this?
Why not? At the time, it was the truth, and my best weapon right now is full disclosure. But you know, in retrospect, it can't be investigative, can it. I was thinking, IF he's a tracker or something and IF Shinobi hid with me then it makes sense why he would jump in first thing and attack me with something, ANYTHING to try and get me lynched. But then it really doesn't make sense for him to jump off me and onto some easier lynch. Huh.
Or perhaps the speculation on the mechanics of the Hider role (whether the Hider only dies if you're mafia or if the Hider dies if Mafia/Vig targets you, despite the bulletproof claim from you) has made him consider his result less strongly than before, and therefore is voting for a player who has been behaving more scummily in the thread.

I'm not sure which is the case, but being quick to conclude that Octopus is scum rather than investigative rings of quickly backtracking to try desperately to save yourself from a statement a town player would be unlikely to make. After all, if he's actually scum, no harm in "outing" him.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:33 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 355, Octopus wrote:I
knew
there was something else bothering me about this post...
In post 298, Boonskiies wrote:If I get lynched today, and flip town, might I add, scum will get another kill in the night, and there's either a Vig or an SK in this game, as two people died in the night last night. I die, I flip town. Then scum kills a town member. that leaves the vote count 3 scum, 4 town. BUT WAIT!!!!!!! There's another night kill happening. If that last night kill goes wrong, that's 3 scum, to 3 town, and game over.
Why the certainty that there are three scum in the game Boon?
It's not a certainty in an 11 player game,
AND
with a vig (ok maybe) or SK (absolutely no way).

Thought there were 13 and assumed.

But I'm town.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:35 am

Post by bjc »

Pretty much everyone agrees I'm dangerous, but it seems a majority of players find me to be town.

There's nothing wrong with my play. If you don't want me to hammer
then don't put them to L-1

IF I make it to LyLo or MyLo I will retract my hammer status as to not lose the game for you guys, lol. I'm also open to sharing my thoughts!

I don't know how I feel about elk trying to throw crap my way. Could he be scum catching on to the fact that most of the players are town reading me (even if they don't want to), therefore feeling like it's better to cast doubt on my slot (so that they don't have to "waste" a night kill on me)?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
"
I am literally panicking right now because
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 359, bjc wrote:Pretty much everyone agrees I'm dangerous, but it seems a majority of players find me to be town.

IF I make it to LyLo or MyLo I will retract my hammer status as to not lose the game for you guys, lol. I'm also open to sharing my thoughts!

I don't know how I feel about elk trying to throw crap my way. Could he be scum catching on to the fact that most of the players are town reading me (even if they don't want to), therefore feeling like it's better to cast doubt on my slot (so that they don't have to "waste" a night kill on me)?

Under what conditions would you NOT hammer someone at L-1? Would you hammer a player you were townreading if they were at L-1?
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by bjc »

In post 360, theelkspeaks wrote:
In post 359, bjc wrote:Pretty much everyone agrees I'm dangerous, but it seems a majority of players find me to be town.

Under what conditions would you NOT hammer someone at L-1? Would you hammer a player you were townreading if they were at L-1?

Depends on how strong the town read is.
"
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by bjc »

And if I'm reading them as town to the point I wouldn't hammer, they wouldn't be at L-1 in the first place.

So the answer to your question is probably a yes.
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:30 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

On phone. Can someone explain the hider thing to me? I've never encountered it before.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:15 am

Post by massive »

Went ahead and checked with mod, who confirmed that my bulletproofness would have passed on to Shinobi. Which is good, because I still am bulletproof, but not sure that means a whole lot in the scope of things right now. Ha.

Drew: Hider picks a target. Any night targets at the Hider have no result, but he essentially becomes the Hidee for the night. If he hides with scum, then he dies instead.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Am not scum.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by bjc »

Are you sure?
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:56 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm positive. Unless I forgot what my role was...

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Octopus
Octopus
Townie
Octopus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:43 pm

Post by Octopus »

Firstly, apologies for not posting yesterday, it was one of
those
days
UNVOTE:

I've had a radical re-think of this game, for many reasons.

I'll get to them later, I'm still a bit rushed.

@Boonskiies: You could prove you are town by doing something other than saying you are town. You could, for example, do some scum hunting.

@Massive: 1. Bulletproof what? Bulletproof on it's own doesn't make much sense, it a role modifier. You've claimed, finish the job, after all you said "
full
disclosure is your best weapon".
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:22 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

And that's how you get yourself away from a near L-1 situation, folks.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:14 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

VOTE: Boonskiies

For comedy, you understand.
Fatter, but still not Tony...

Record as town: 2-4 (33%)
Record as scum: 1-0 from 1 games (Mini 1584, werewolf). But I'm totally town this time, I promise.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:54 am

Post by Grib »

In post 369, Boonskiies wrote:And that's how you get yourself away from a near L-1 situation, folks.
Please stop making us want to kill you if you actually are town.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:50 am

Post by massive »

You understand, Octopus, that it benefits neither you nor me for you to pursue this line of questioning. In any event, I hate roleclaiming and I don't see how it would benefit me on this occasion, and I already feel like I've had to say too much.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:01 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 371, Grib wrote:
In post 369, Boonskiies wrote:And that's how you get yourself away from a near L-1 situation, folks.
Please stop making us want to kill you if you actually are town.
I'm trying to get you guys to stop! How many times must I say, "I'm town!!!!" Completely vanilla.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:26 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

The degree of desire to not get lynched shown in this post is somewhat alarming. Town wants to lynch scum, scum want to not be lynched.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”