Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 8:04 am

Post by Ectomancer »

As you may have guessed, the investigation returned no result.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 8:07 am

Post by Zindaras »

Glork wrote:
Zindaras wrote:Glork, in the possibility of there being two Mafia groups, will they be differentiated?
All information that will be revealed about the deceased has already been revealed.
I'm talking hypothetically, my dear.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 10:43 am

Post by Glork »

Zindaras wrote:
Glork wrote:
Zindaras wrote:Glork, in the possibility of there being two Mafia groups, will they be differentiated?
All information that will be revealed about the deceased has already been revealed.
I'm talking hypothetically, my dear.
I wouldn't give an answer one way or another.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 4:30 pm

Post by IH »

Livin god suggested a Thesp/Twito pair on day one. Can anyone remember the details? (I'm skimming the Thesp filter)

Is Frustian still alive? Who is his replacement? I am thinking that they are town at the moment, or at least not part of Thesp's group. Just everyone he mentioned as being "hot" have turned out to be town at the moment.
Thesp wrote:Sorry, that was just a silly way of expressing my answer to Thok's question. If Kison is town, I think it's more likely that Zindaras, CES, DoS, and/or Olio/Sefer ae scum. If he's scum, it's more likely that Ectomancer, HackerHuck, and/or logicticus are scum.
Statement I picked up. Probably useful.

Thesps post 32 makes me want to review the BM lynch carefully.

I am guessing that Thesp and BM were both from the same group. Any similarities between backgammon and Settlers of catan?

Older games perhaps?

Does anyone know how Thesp busses? Was it anywhere close to how he was doing with Sefer?
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 5:18 pm

Post by Sefer »

IH wrote:Is Frustian still alive? Who is his replacement? I am thinking that they are town at the moment, or at least not part of Thesp's group. Just everyone he mentioned as being "hot" have turned out to be town at the moment.
That was Kison, who was, indeed, town.
IH wrote: I am guessing that Thesp and BM were both from the same group. Any similarities between backgammon and Settlers of catan?

Older games perhaps?
Backgammon is 5000 years old; Settlers came out around 1995. Only similarity I see is "somewhat strategic game using dice," which doesn't apply to any dead town (Yahtzee and Monopoly use dice but no strategy). However, it could apply to Axis & Allies and Risk, which makes it unlikely as a scum role indicator.
IH wrote: Does anyone know how Thesp busses? Was it anywhere close to how he was doing with Sefer?
How he was doing what with me? The only reference to me that I see skimming his posts is the one you quoted, and that quote involves seven people, five of which are still alive- half the town.

These are the roleclaims as I remember them. Are there any I forgot/misremembered?
Zindaras- Axis & Allies, Mason
IH- Risk, Mason
Fritzler- started no condition, now vanilla town (I wouldn't mind hearing an explaination for this; since he's already claimed vanilla I don't see how explaining his role could hurt town. Could also explain whether him saying Thok is town is role info or not, a question he's ignored a couple of times)
Ectomancer- trivial pursuit, cop
Twito- Chutes & Ladders, boost/blocker

Twito, I'd like to hear your target for last night if you don't think it would hurt town to hear it. From your distrust of me I'd guess that you'd block me, which could show that I'm not the burning killer (assuming we don't find a second group at some point). If you blocked someone else it'd narrow down the possible vig/serial killer list, so it's kinda up to you whether you think it'd be good to reveal that (if you think it's an SK, it'd be good; vig, bad).
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 5:19 pm

Post by Thok »

IH wrote:Is Frustian still alive? Who is his replacement? I am thinking that they are town at the moment, or at least not part of Thesp's group. Just everyone he mentioned as being "hot" have turned out to be town at the moment.
Frustian was replaced by Kison. You know, the guy we lynched yesterday. :roll:

There's aren't any obvious connections between backgammon and Settlers of Catan-Settlers is a fairly modern game (from 1995) while backgamon is much older (the current version seems to date back to 1926, but version of the game date ti much later.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2007 7:39 am

Post by HackerHuck »

IH wrote:Livin god suggested a Thesp/Twito pair on day one. Can anyone remember the details? (I'm skimming the Thesp filter)
From what I recall of that connection, it was when Livingod was grasping at straws and he pointed out the fact that Twito was following Thesp's initial analysis. Rabbit made some other comments regarding the rather confusing interactions between those two. It's buried in with the big Rabbit/Twito mess, but it was basically about the fact that Twito and Thesp always think each other are scum when they're really not, so Twito was following Thesp even though he might think he's scummy.

It was a very odd discussion and definitely worth a reread (I'm still not sure I understand it all), but it also reminds me of a very common Twito type of thought process.
IH wrote:Does anyone know how Thesp busses? Was it anywhere close to how he was doing with Sefer?
After rereading the two of them, I'm not seeing the connection here. Outside of the obvious, Thesp seemed to be pushing at Ectomancer the most.

Sefer wrote:These are the roleclaims as I remember them. Are there any I forgot/misremembered?
Zindaras- Axis & Allies, Mason
IH- Risk, Mason
Fritzler- started no condition, now vanilla town (I wouldn't mind hearing an explaination for this; since he's already claimed vanilla I don't see how explaining his role could hurt town. Could also explain whether him saying Thok is town is role info or not, a question he's ignored a couple of times)
Ectomancer- trivial pursuit, cop
Twito- Chutes & Ladders, boost/blocker

Twito, I'd like to hear your target for last night if you don't think it would hurt town to hear it. From your distrust of me I'd guess that you'd block me, which could show that I'm not the burning killer (assuming we don't find a second group at some point). If you blocked someone else it'd narrow down the possible vig/serial killer list, so it's kinda up to you whether you think it'd be good to reveal that (if you think it's an SK, it'd be good; vig, bad).
Twito's claim is pretty believable from a flavour perspective, but have we been able to confirm two blocks in a given night?

Neither of last night's kills seemed to be good vig targets in my opinion. I think we're more likely to be dealing with two scum groups or a serial killer. That also makes sense with the number of pro-town power roles that have been claimed and revealed.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2007 9:25 am

Post by IH »

Scum have flavor too obviously. Just because Twito has flavor doesn't mean that he's town.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2007 9:30 am

Post by Nightfall »

~Well, with the backgammon scum, I think our euro game idea is out.

~DOS are you still here? What do you think about the deaths?

~Is it odd that we have two dead "goons"?
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2007 10:40 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Huh I would have sworn I posted in this game since it became day again... Anyway I am still here.

About the deaths. Obviously I was wrong on my push for Kison yesterday.

As for last nights deaths I can't say that Jalyn's was a big surprise because the doc had died the night before, and since RR/Jalyn had been a claimed cop since day 1, I am not surprised that someone killed her.

As for Thesp. Good job whoever killed him, but I am honestly surprised he was mafia. I never suspected him at all, and it is another thing that is making me look back at everybody.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

IH wrote:Scum have flavor too obviously. Just because Twito has flavor doesn't mean that he's town.
I agree that flavor doesn't mean he's town, but the Chutes and Ladders does seem to fit with booster/blocker role. I don't think a booster/blocker is likely to be scum, but I wanted to make sure that he isn't just the blocker that has been targeting Rabbit/Jalyn.
Nightfall wrote:~Well, with the backgammon scum, I think our euro game idea is out.

~DOS are you still here? What do you think about the deaths?

~Is it odd that we have two dead "goons"?
That seems a little premature to declare. Do you consider Backgammon to be an American style game?
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 6:55 am

Post by Twito »

I'm so obviously town it's not even funny.
And yes Sefer you are right I blocked you last night. Since we still had 2 kills I'm giving you some space today.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 6:55 am

Post by Twito »

Vote: Jalyn

He is scum.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]

Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 6:56 am

Post by Twito »

Oh shit he just died last night as town.. Oh well I'm outta suspects..
Show

IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 3:49 pm

Post by IH »

Twito. If he had buddies, and a blocker suspected him, he obviously wouldn't have made the kill....
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 4:11 am

Post by Nightfall »

*Posting in all my games*
I will be away until tuesday because of the long weekend.
I dont believe I will have internet access, but if I find that I do, I will be sure to post something.

@HH, more so than a Euro game.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 8:40 am

Post by Glork »

Mod's Note: Prods going out tonight sometime (to everyone who hasn't posted since day began)... It's been an awfully long week for me.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by Twito »

Posting even tho it's of no use.. I just can't think straight.. my brother asked me this morning if I'm drugged.. and I'm just sick!
Show

IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2007 5:12 pm

Post by IH »

I know I've been useless my last few posts. When I get time, I'll do a nice long post over days two and three.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2007 4:01 am

Post by Zindaras »

Glork, you probably won't have to replace me. I am currently sitting down and rereading this thread.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by Glork »

Mod's Note:
My computer suffered a catastrophic hard drive failure today, and I've lost my notes on the game up to this point. I still know the setup and player roles inside and out, but I've lost nightchioce history up to this point. I will attempt to reconstruct it, but may ask some players via PM what night choices they have taken. Any mentioning of this process in the thread is
strictly forbidden
and will result in an immediate modkill. You may not mention whether or not I have sent you a PM asking about your role and/or action history. You may not ask me questions in-thread, though you are free to communicate to me via PM. I want to protect the integrity of the game as much as possible even as I try to remember everything that has happened up to this point.

Thanks for your understanding.
-Glork
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by Thok »

OK, time for me to get this game moving again.
HackerHuck wrote:Neither of last night's kills seemed to be good vig targets in my opinion. I think we're more likely to be dealing with two scum groups or a serial killer. That also makes sense with the number of pro-town power roles that have been claimed and revealed.
Given that Kison came up protown, why wouldn't Thesp have been a good vig target?

Why do you think that scum/SK would target Thesp rather than the multitude of claimed power roles?

------------
I don't like DOS's overreaction in post 81 to Fritzler's FOS on him. On the flipside, Battle Mage used that as an oppurtunity to jump on DOS.
-------------

I'm trying to decide if Thesp and BM are aligned or not.
-------------

Is Nightfall even here?
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2007 3:19 pm

Post by Thok »

EBWODP-Looks at the thread and sees Nightfall away message.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by IH »

I agree with Thok that Thesp was probably a vig kill. The only way if it was a scum kill was if they didn't think it was worth targeting a power role because of something like a tracker, or perceived Thesp as more of a threat then a power role they can block.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2007 4:57 pm

Post by IH »

Godfather's should also be taken into consideration.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”