Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:47 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Votecount 1.7

shos 7 (Moogle Dance Troupe, BulbaFenix, Majiffy, ProHawk, TSO, BBmolla, Egg)

Abomination 5 (shos, Mist7676, Young and Beautiful, Katsuki, Nero Cain)

Iecerint 3 (Lord Mhork, Rhaego, Always)

xofelf 1 (Svenskt Stål)
beastcharizard 1 (Venmar)
Mist7676 1 (Iecerint)
Lord Mhork 1 (ActionDan)
Nero Cain 1 (Abomination)

Not Voting 8 (geists, Sakura Hana, Birds of Prey, Clyton, The Goat, Klick, beastcharizard, xofelf)

15 to lynch.

Deadline: July 18, 2 PM EST.
Last edited by Cephrir on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:55 pm

Post by Iecerint »

By the way my slot may transition into a hydra with AngryPidgeon.

We need to choose a name first.
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:02 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 417, Iecerint wrote:I don't have any read on Clyton at all, really, but I figure he's probably town if that many people are so sure of it.
Um. What?
In post 418, Always wrote:
In post 416, BulbaFenix wrote:
In post 223, Always wrote:Clyton's town, 100%.
Okay. Why?
In post 226, Always wrote:Venmar is town.
Reasons?
'Cause I said so. That's why.
Okay. I'll accept that for now.
In post 226, Always wrote:
In post 126, BulbaFenix wrote:
Vote Shos

Other scumreads are MDT, Beast, and Venmar. I think at least one of AD/Mhork is likely scum. I also think there is at least 1 scum on the Abomination wagon.
Okay, so you're basically O for 4, here.
Okay, look, I know that this being all aloof with your reads early on is your thing, but I'd at least like reasons why you're so sure that my early scumreads are so wrong.
Venmar's 100% town. Dan's play is a solid 90-95% town. MDT's play is also in that range, a good 85-95% themselves. (It's not just their claims, it's what they've done aside from those and who the players are making them.) And beast had what was most definitely a hardcore townslip. Mhork's looking town, too.
Having caught up, I'm definitely seeing some town in MDT, Mhork, and Abom. I'm still not sold on Beast or Venmar, although I'll take your word on the latter. Dan I'm waiting to see how it develops.
In post 418, Always wrote: Slow down. shos at the time was a stronger townread than he is. Currently, he has the potential to be scum...but I feel he isn't scum. The wagon feels boring, uninteresting, and frankly, just as likely if not moreso to have scum driving it than the Abomination wagon did. He's mainly being townread on the circumstances surrounding the wagon rather than on his own merits as a player, in which I am solidly meh on.
I'm seeing the opposite, actually. I feel the Shos wagon is a very good one. You are dismissing a lot of wagons and reads as boring, which is a new tactic for you, which seems to avoid your more logical take. I understand how you begin the game with wild gut reads and the like, but usually by now you are moving into more developed reads where you are able to explain them. So why aren't you explaining as much and relying on gut reasoning?
In post 257, Rhaego wrote:Stop fighting. Now.
Any opinions on the game?
You do realize Rhageo was essentially saying "you're both town", right? It'd take a blind man to miss that.
That still doesn't mean that it's not filler.
In post 423, Nero Cain wrote:3. shos
6. Katsuki
7. Sakura Hana
16. Majiffy
20. Clyton
21. Abomination (Who, Axxle, Haylen, MTD, T-Bone, ika, & BipolarChemist)
26. xofelf
28. Klick
^
so who wants to help me kill who?
Shos is who I mainly want to lynch, although I could go for Katsuki. I'm not interested in any of the others on the list.
In post 448, Iecerint wrote:
In post 126, BulbaFenix wrote:Other scumreads are MDT, Beast, and Venmar. I think at least one of AD/Mhork is likely scum. I also think there is at least 1 scum on the Abomination wagon.

-Bulba
Hi Bulba, this is what I was referring to ^

When I read this i was like wtf where does this AD/Mhork foolishness come from. Sounds made-up.
How much have you been reading, because the reasoning for AD/Mhork should have been apparent at the point where I made this list on page 7, as it was surrounding AD's claim that the game was multiball and Mhork's subsequent reaction. And it wasn't a dichotomy as much as I thought one of them was likely scum, and it could have been either one or both. It wasn't either/or.

@Katsuki: Are you ever going to explain why the Abomination hydra is anti-town?

-Bulba
Hydra of Bulbazak and Eddie Fenix.

Embrace the dissonance.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:04 pm

Post by Iecerint »

@ Bulba OK. I was thrown off because you first listed MDT/Beast/Venmar in one set and then listed AD/Mhork in a separate set. I do remember the multiscum discussion, though it doesn't really follow that one of them is scum AFAICT, so that is why that didn't occur to me.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:34 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Woah, I'm not really a quote person, but I think I'll try it this game. (Of course, not right now. Maybe... tomorrow ;))

Right now I'm thinking scum is somewhere here:

Xofelf, shos, Beast.

Abomonation wagon was really dumb (but understandable)

So let's look at who was on it and I'll poke them with sticks

1.1: Abomination 5 (shos, Venmar, kdowns, Nero Cain, Young and Beautiful)
1.2: Abomination 6 (shos, kdowns, Nero Cain, Young and Beautiful, T S O, Rhaego)
1.3: Abomination 7 (shos, kdowns, Young and Beautiful, T S O, Rhaego, Katsuki, Nero Cain)
1.4: Abomination 6 (shos, kdowns, Young and Beautiful, Rhaego, Katsuki, Nero Cain)
1.5: Abomination 5 (shos, kdowns, Young and Beautiful, Katsuki, Nero Cain)
1.6: Abomination 5 (shos, kdowns, Young and Beautiful, Katsuki, Nero Cain)
1.7: Abomination 5 (shos, kdowns, Young and Beautiful, Katsuki, Nero Cain)

Whoops
Unvote

So shos, Young and Beautiful, and Nero Cain were on it the whole time.

shos was a RVS, how do you feel about that vote placement now that it's your wagon everyone's flocking on?

Young and Beautiful placed this vote as an RVS vote, but it become serious? With comments like, "lynch this abomonation." Yeah, but you do think shos is scum, so why haven't you changed your vote? Scratch that, question was already asked. I currently have a null read on you right now though.

Nero Cain, I'm reading your ISO and did you actually change your vote to Clyton, and it was just never counted? Or was that a joke...?
You Are Worth It
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:52 pm

Post by Birds of Prey »

Wow. Lots of going over the weekend. Got our avatar uploaded and will need to sync up with PV.

Young and Beautiful, about how many games have each of you played?

- Preying Mantis -
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 451, Iecerint wrote:By the way my slot may transition into a hydra with AngryPidgeon.

We need to choose a name first.
AngryIcerink
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:31 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

Abomination, pleeeeeeeeeeease sign your posts so we know who is posting in that monster hydra. Also, Bulba, thank you for reminding me: KATSUKI!!! Where's that read at?? Let'sa go!

~Fenix
Hydra of Bulbazak and Eddie Fenix.

Embrace the dissonance.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:42 pm

Post by shos »

I really don't feel a thing. I don't care that my vote is there, there are 15 votea needed flr a lynxh. It doesnt matter that i am a leading wagon too since i am still reaaaaalllly far away and theres actually no reason to vote me so no danger; but it bugs me that this is the situation since it ensures that this game has yet to evolve.

See, if leading wagon is on a guy with 3 posts, that means we are still practically in RVS. Sure, disussionexists, but all i see is ppeople saying their reads(???) and not a single reason for anyone on anyone.

Help me out here. I amnot regulated to large games; how do these evolve? So far i have only replaced into larges.

Bulba. Enlighten me. Why is my wagon so fancy?
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:18 am

Post by T S O »

So, mastin's got a read which no-one agrees with.
I ask her to explain it.
She flat-out says no.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:19 am

Post by T S O »

w o w!

I mean, there's only one reason I shouldn't be pressing here. Only one. And it's very unlikely.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 439, Abomination wrote:I know your MO. First you get on some popular wagons (which you have). Then you start going 'this player is scum', 'that player is scum' (which you have as well), with very little progression from one read to another. Then you shout at the town to narrow down to your arbitrary list of players till you're blue in the face (which you are in the process of doing). And when no one listens you'll hop onto whatever wagon has the most traction.
absolutely not. This is what any townie with a pro-town mindset is supposed to do: Get scum reads, convince town to lynch his scum read(s), profit. :) And also like only 3 of those names are "popular" wagons.
This is your scumplay from how I remember it.
So you think this is my scum play yet in 430 you make it sound like I am not a scumread. What's up with that? But while we are on the subject of remembering how each other plays; I remember THIS as your (and Joey K and Midas!) go to scum play: discredit Nero's reads list-get town paranoid of me. And since we are talking about meta here...
I think listmaking is scummy because it allows scum to ask for permission to pursue reads, rather than taking their reads into their own hands. Scum can only fake their reads so much before it starts to unravel.
You know good and well that I do this all the time so you know I do this yet STILL making a big fuss about it looks like what YOU do as scum.
What you are doing is asking everyone permission if we can lynch someone.
oh snork no. Come on man, you ain't that dense. You know I can't lynch anyone by myself. Asking permission ppff...
You can call my wagon a"policy lynch" all you want. You can justify Sakura's inclusion on your list as a "policy lynch". All I see are EXCUSES to wash your hands of the lynch later.
Actually, lets talk about this. I think from my comments in the sign up thread it was p clear that I didn't really want to play with an 8 headed hydra. As far as Hana goes, I had actually outted for a bit. My point is that I think you are making up bullshit to try to get folks paranoid about me.
You want to claim that you have 8 scumreads you want to lynch? Stop asking everyone else for permission and take some responsibility for your reads. Because no matter how you dress it up, all you're doing right now is trying to let others make reads for you to agree with later.
Um...Yeah. Listen guys. This is nothing but strongly worded bullshit. But thats part of the prob, Bone. I've been scum reading clyton, Jiffy, kat and xo previous to my list. So you coming in and claiming that my list was arbritary is flat out misrepping. And really, thats a good 90% of stuff. No one good lynches on cold hard "facts" alone. You did a good job trying to discredit me but it won't work on this site.
In post 447, BulbaFenix wrote:
In post 335, Abomination wrote:
In post 90, shos wrote:tomorrow,
In post 200, shos wrote:tomorrow :)
I love ya
In post 333, shos wrote: tomorrow
You're always
A
day
Away
:lol: You can be town.
I don't think that telling a joke is a good indication of alignment.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 454, Mist7676 wrote:Nero Cain, I'm reading your ISO and did you actually change your vote to Clyton, and it was just never counted? Or was that a joke...?
My vote on Cly was serious but there's absolutely no support for his lynch so I figure why not help with the pl. But now its an actual scum read so yeah...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:38 am

Post by Majiffy »

Woah
Were halfway there
Woah
Lynchin on a prayer
Take my hand
Well flip scum I swear
Woah
Lynchin on a prayer

Lynchin on a prayerrrrr
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Abomination
Abomination
Goon
Abomination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:07 am

Post by Abomination »

I love that since you disagree with me Nero, we must be scum. Yep. Classic Nero. Here's the difference I am looking for. When you're town, you take your scumreads and work hard to convince other players of why you're read is correct. Instead you're just yelling in general about your reads rather than doing anything about it. Nero just making noise, and that's his scumtell.
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:39 am

Post by Young and Beautiful »

My prayers have been answered!

A shos wagon!

Up we go!

VOTE: shos

On a more serious note...
Spoiler:
This game is pretty easy. I've almost cracked the game.

If shos flips scum, mastin is his partner.
Reasoning: Soft defense of shos, attempting to dispel the wagon as a third-party. Now take into account that shos "claimed" sesshomaru. This is obviously fake, probably to bait and counterclaim the real sesshomaru, or to seem town to fakeclaim a power role in future. No real sesshomaru, considering the flavor+power involved, would ever claim. This lets me infer that shos is a scum PR. Mastin's defense makes a ton of sense.

T S O and Rhaego are also scum. Both of them appear to be working in tandem, highly likely to be on the other scumteam as mastin/shos. This is only page 19, I do not have a lot of info to go off, and we can only lynch one scum per day. I'll check up on these scumreads later when more information is to be gained.

Also, I love how this game is going at an acceptable pace! I almost feared that it would be a monster, with the 28 players. What a relief!

- b -
Last edited by Cephrir on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME WHEN I'M NO LONGER YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL? ... (I KNOW YOU WILL)
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:40 am

@mod please help me fix the tags

I'm assuming that's what you wanted.
Last edited by Cephrir on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME WHEN I'M NO LONGER YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL? ... (I KNOW YOU WILL)
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:53 am

In post 455, Birds of Prey wrote:
Young and Beautiful, about how many games have each of you played?
You first.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:57 am

Post by shos »

I don't get it.
If I am lynched for 'claiming sesshumaru' I am gonna lol at you all with .y finger pointed at your nose

You will never lynch me if I claim. Lets halt at that. So if you guys are willing to, grab some more votes and Ill xlaim so we dont waste time
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:00 am

Post by Le Cupcake »

proddodge

v/la 7.3 - 7.6 my time
Cupcake Mafia II has been delayed due to multiple instances of multiple computers spontaneously combusting...-_-
Moogle Dance Troupe
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:11 am

Post by Moogle Dance Troupe »

In post 468, shos wrote:I don't get it.
If I am lynched for 'claiming sesshumaru' I am gonna lol at you all with .y finger pointed at your nose

You will never lynch me if I claim. Lets halt at that. So if you guys are willing to, grab some more votes and Ill xlaim so we dont waste time
I take it my alternative theory is correct or nearly so?

-kagami
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:16 am

In post 468, shos wrote:I don't get it.

Well, then you're in hot soup at this point. If your claim is legitimate, you die by nightkill. Otherwise, hang by noose.

I recommend more strategic play in your future games; town or scum whatever you are. I hope you don't enjoy usually being a Day 1 lynch in games?

- b -
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:30 am

Post by Egg »

Mastin, so are you assuming that with two scum teams, Rhaego would scum hunt more as scum? Is his lack of scumhunting town to you? Because I don't see it that way. If he's the type of player to not do jack shit as town, he'd be that way as scum too regardless of the number of teams. You're gonna have to explain this read change to me a little deeper.

And no. Your read on me in that game was NOT legitimate. You were scum and knew I was town. Maybe you thought you'd have been town reading me regardless, but your reasons were flawed because you already knew you were right and you failed to correctly justify that. You said I was the same in that game and it wasn't even close to being true. I called you out on that and AP, who was in both games, agreed. Hell, he even voted me for seeming different. Just like in this game, I had yet to do jack shit in that game. The only difference between this game and that one is that you had "reasons" there. Here, you townread me when I hadn't even posted. I know we aren't masons so tell me how that is possible. How can you possibly townread me before I've even posted? Seriously, I'm dying to know.

As far as your kilck and shos reads, I was asking specifically about you townreading their opening posts, not updated reads. Same with Iec and Abomination. I didn't pick up on the same thing. It took me longer to come to the same conclusion. So you saw something else earlier in the game and I'd like to know what is was. I suspect you may have been BSing early reads and I don't see why you'd do that as town. Although with two teams, you'd know to look for the other team as scum too. But it still looks that way and I'm trying to determine why. But at the same time I'm not voting you because I'm picking up what you're putting down if you know what I mean. As in I get where your cly and venmar reads are coming from and I share those two reads with you pending some flips and stuff.

I don't like Iec's 417.

From Nero's list, no on Cly and Majiffy. Abomination, you can vig, but don't lynch it.

T-bone, does 437 mean Nero is scum with Iec?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:30 am

Post by T S O »

Dear Young and Beautiful,

Rhaego and I are not "working in tandem". I'm not even Townreading him. If you want to make a bullshit accusation, go back it up. You won't be able to.

Thanks, TSO.
-Marquis
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:31 am

Post by Egg »

In post 463, Majiffy wrote:Woah
Were halfway there
Woah