Mini 1582: Formerfish's First Foray (Game Over)

Octopus
Octopus
Townie
Octopus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:01 am

Post by Octopus »

Back to where I started with my votes.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: BoonSkiies

@Grib: Only one vote?

@massive: Again, how have I misrepresented you? Misinterpret, maybe, misunderstand, possibly, but misrepresent?

@Drew: That's about the size of it. And I had my vote on Boon yesterday because he's almost certainly scum, linked with ILF, but there is probably a three man team so...

Anyway time will tell.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:16 am

Post by Formerfish »

Vote Count 2.3

Fat_Tony- bjc
Boonskiies- massive, Grib, Fat_Tony, Octopus (L-1)
theelkspeaks- Drew-Sta

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch
(expired on 2014-07-11 23:35:00)
Last edited by Formerfish on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:01 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 274, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 272, Fat_Tony wrote:Ugh. VOTE: Boonskiies

Sorry but there's no way I can let you live if your defence for that is a semantic argument that "being scummy" and "thinking they are scum" are not the same thing. Semantics are exactly what I'd expect a scum player to resort to. Besides nothing else is happening so wagons roll.
BASICALLY, what I am saying isn't a 'oh, i meant it this way!!' kind of thing. I literally didn't say those words. So using the semantics argument against me is null.
Boonskiies 59 wrote: I believe ILF and Shinobi are scum.
YOU SAID THESE WORDS.

This is absolutely a semantic argument on your part. I don't care if you were pairing the two, the fact is you "thought ILF (was) scum". You might not any more, and that's fine, but saying you never thought ILF was scummy is a lie unless you're using a semantic defence based around "is scummy" vs "is scum".

Choo fucking choo.
Fatter, but still not Tony...

Record as town: 2-4 (33%)
Record as scum: 1-0 from 1 games (Mini 1584, werewolf). But I'm totally town this time, I promise.
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:02 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Broken quote and possible that I got the post number wrong +/-1 but phone posting so sue me

Record as scum: 1-0 from 1 games (Mini 1584, werewolf). But I'm totally town this time, I promise.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:25 am

Post by massive »

unvote
real quick ... I have no intention of not hanging Boon today, but knowing he's at L-1 and we have El Randomo BJC around, AND we haven't heard from ILF or theelkspeaks at all today, means a quick lynch benefits no one. I'll put it right back on in a heartbeat.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:05 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

He's at L-1? Funny how that happened and nobody got told. Hey Octopus, hoping for a fast lynch?

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:08 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

(Had I noticed this, I would have unvoted btw)

Theory - exactly one of Octopus and Boon is scum. If I ever get chance to reread d1 I'll work out who.

Octopus
Octopus
Townie
Octopus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:31 am

Post by Octopus »

^^ &^ Good call Massive.

It hadn't registered that it was 5 to lynch, I guess I hadn't accounted for the double NK. Mea Culpa.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:04 am

Post by massive »

I'm back looking at Boon's early posts, trying to figure out how he even got to ILF / Shinobi as scumbuddies. (Evidently it's the "because gut" post.) It's making me think two ways:

(1) ILF, despite Boon saying otherwise, keeps getting scummier and scummier every time I reread. For example:
In post 73, I Love Fairies wrote:Scummers really like to buddy up with town members so that when that town member flips town, the scummer looks good because he was associated with the member that flipped.
The first time I read it, she means it as a defense against why she wouldn't necessarily be scum if Shinobi is scum. In hindsight, I'm like, yeah, that's EXACTLY what you're doing in post #73 -- in reverse, though, by buddying up to Shinobi and saying his vote was "probably RVS."

(not to mention #73 now reads A LOT like ILF coaching Boon)

(2) During Boon's initial Shinobi / ILF scumbuddy outing, Boon's reasoning for going after Shinobi and not ILF was essentially that ILF was scum (if and only if) Shinobi was scum. I still think normal behavior here is "I think Shinobi and ILF are scummy, ILF is currently being bandwagoned, I don't care which goes first since they're both scummy, so I vote ILF." As Drew noted in #92, there's exactly four Shinobi posts at that point, none of which have much content, so it's hard to believe he's SO CONFIDENT in his Shinobi scum read that he'd refuse to consider other scum.

BTW Boons:
In post 98, Boonskiies wrote:@Drew I was kidding about you being mafia. I haven't gotten any reads off of you. I am on your side when you think ILF is a scummy.
Although I realize I am opening us up to the dreaded "is a scummy" =/= "is scummy" defense.

----

In other news, I really don't understand why people come onto this board to play this game but spend game days going "I have no reads" or "I'm better after a lynch" and not participating. What's the point of even playing then?

Sure would like elk, Drew, ILF to check in.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:11 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 277, Fat_Tony wrote:
In post 274, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 272, Fat_Tony wrote:Ugh. VOTE: Boonskiies

Sorry but there's no way I can let you live if your defence for that is a semantic argument that "being scummy" and "thinking they are scum" are not the same thing. Semantics are exactly what I'd expect a scum player to resort to. Besides nothing else is happening so wagons roll.
BASICALLY, what I am saying isn't a 'oh, i meant it this way!!' kind of thing. I literally didn't say those words. So using the semantics argument against me is null.
Boonskiies 59 wrote: I believe ILF and Shinobi are scum.
YOU SAID THESE WORDS.
God fucking damn. How many times do I have to say? I can think people are scum without thinking they're scummy. Now I'm thinking Fat/Octopus are scum buddies for lack of paying attention to what people are actually saying, and just wanting the lynch. Puts me at L-1. Pfft.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:19 am

Post by Formerfish »

I Love Fairies has requested replacement

Tattletale replaces them effective immediately.
Thank you TT.
Last edited by Formerfish on Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:00 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

I fail to see how you don't see that that is a semantic argument. I guess we are just not going to agree on this.

theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:29 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

Tattletales, willing to comment on your predecessor's play?

Boonskiies consistent "I said people were scum but not scummy" reads as patent prevarication to me, and I fully support boon's lynch happening.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:33 am

Post by Boonskiies »

anything to get the scum interest off your back, eh? ^ go for it. lynch me.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:33 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm vanilla. Nothing more I can say.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:41 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 287, theelkspeaks wrote:Tattletales, willing to comment on your predecessor's play?

Boonskiies consistent "I said people were scum but not scummy" reads as patent prevarication to me, and I fully support boon's lynch happening.
In post 286, Fat_Tony wrote:I fail to see how you don't see that that is a semantic argument. I guess we are just not going to agree on this.
We're not going to agree because you are failing to see that it ISN'T an argument based on the meaning of what I said. It's an argument on what I LITERALLY said. You are creating a different word pairing than what I said. scummy doesn't mean scum. scum doesn't mean scummy. I act scummy in all my town games. THAT DOESN'T
MEAN
I AM TOWN. damn...

Lynching me today is almost guaranteeing a town loss this game.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:41 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I worded that differently. I'd even hammer myself there. But I am vanilla.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm literally laughing out loud right now, because I made a slip up into scum, even though I am town. Alright, just lynch me. But be forewarned I am actually vanilla. And I didn't have to point that out.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Drew-Sta »

Sure would like elk, Drew, ILF to check in.
I checked in yesterday / your last night. I only get a couple of chances a day to check in.

Boons is AtE'ing all over the shop. Reads like a mafia caught out. More in a few hours.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:09 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I also said "DOESN'T MEAN THAT I AM TOWN" when I meant to say "DOESN'T MEAN THAT I AM SCUM". slip up. going to be awkward when I flip town.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Grib »

In post 290, Boonskiies wrote:Lynching me today is almost guaranteeing a town loss this game.
Let's talk about why you think this. And why you're not even pretending to help town. Letting yourself get lynched out of spite is shitty.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Grib »

@Octopus

Yes. One vote. I'm trying to be careful about other people hammering. We have so much to discuss, no?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:44 am

Post by Grib »

Whoops, third post in a row.

Second Vote: Tattletales

As a friendly welcome.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

If I get lynched today, and flip town, might I add, scum will get another kill in the night, and there's either a Vig or an SK in this game, as two people died in the night last night. I die, I flip town. Then scum kills a town member. that leaves the vote count 3 scum, 4 town. BUT WAIT!!!!!!! There's another night kill happening. If that last night kill goes wrong, that's 3 scum, to 3 town, and game over.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

You're doing everything to prevent yourself getting lynched (common to both mafia and town) yet you're doing nothing to show who you feel is mafia (as I have indicated back in ) which is both flailing and a mafia-tell in most peoples books.

The ATE / ATF is making your flailing quite frantic here Boons. You must understand that how you are presenting is extremely neg town and appears like you're a mafia who has been caught out. could be an honest mistake (referencing a previous post) but honestly - it simply reads like a mafia slip and the ATE you're putting out in makes me feel you are mafia.

My only issue is this seems almost too obvious (which is why I'm withholding vote right now). I get mafia make mistakes, but we as town we cannot afford to make another. Maybe I'm double guessing myself here?

Thoughts? I'd really like to see a few more people weigh in on this.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”