Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by Always »

In post 423, Nero Cain wrote:3. shos
6. Katsuki
7. Sakura Hana
16. Majiffy
20. Clyton
21. Abomination (Who, Axxle, Haylen, MTD, T-Bone, ika, & BipolarChemist)
26. xofelf
28. Klick
^
so who wants to help me kill who?
You aren't getting my help with Clyton. Elf and Klick I need more time to sort out.

~Mala
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Don't kill Majiffy. :[
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Much like beloved Bills, he fails.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Abomination
Abomination
Goon
Abomination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Abomination »

You most certainly forgot Nero Cain from that list. But I know you did it accidentally, it's alright.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So which idiot in that hydra is scumreading me and why? Is it T-bone?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Abomination
Abomination
Goon
Abomination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by Abomination »

It's not about scumreading. But if you're going to make arbitrary lists, you might as well go ahead and get yourself lynched. It's unhelpful at best and scummy at worst.

Good call on the identity though.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Also usually when lots of people think someone is town with relatively little controversy ala Clyton that person is usually town. Scum feel awkward dethroning people, especially when the throning is caused by such ambiguous things.

This is also why Dan is probably town unless Katsuki flips scum (i.e., he said he didn't find Katsuki particularly town after 3-4 people called him soso town after his activity burst).
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I think Klick is town too.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Sakura Hana literally has yet to post, so I dunno what's up with that one.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by Kagami »

I still want the shos lynch. I don't feel whatever subtle thing mastin feels.

It's hard to imagine any intent behind shos's initial post other than to out the actual possessor of the sesshomaru flavor, which is likely a strong PR. No inuyasha fan would include sesshomaru in the game without him being an awesome role.

Nobody's touching on what I really disliked about . It's 100% obvious that flavor and alignment are related from our win condition alone. Though maybe it's more obvious to us because of the naraku thing, I don't think it's any coincidence that absolutely no one, out of 28 players, expressed a similar sentiment.

My theory is that the connection really wasn't clear to shos, because he is not town and is also not part of the scumgroup that includes naraku. Since it couldn't be sesshomaru and pals, the second scumgroup has to be something funky like koga et al or some other miscellaneous group of demons. To them, it might not be at all apparent that alignment and flavor are related, since they would be scum without a terribly scummy flavor.

Alternatively, it could have been a really clumsy and unnecessary crumb, but there's no harm in wagoning that either.

@mastin, I get that you like to include ridiculous reads in your lists, but sakura hadn't even confirmed her PM according to the OP.

-kagami
Moogle Dance Troupe
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by Moogle Dance Troupe »

In post 434, Kagami wrote:I still want the shos lynch. I don't feel whatever subtle thing mastin feels.

It's hard to imagine any intent behind shos's initial post other than to out the actual possessor of the sesshomaru flavor, which is likely a strong PR. No inuyasha fan would include sesshomaru in the game without him being an awesome role.

Nobody's touching on what I really disliked about . It's 100% obvious that flavor and alignment are related from our win condition alone. Though maybe it's more obvious to us because of the naraku thing, I don't think it's any coincidence that absolutely no one, out of 28 players, expressed a similar sentiment.

My theory is that the connection really wasn't clear to shos, because he is not town and is also not part of the scumgroup that includes naraku. Since it couldn't be sesshomaru and pals, the second scumgroup has to be something funky like koga et al or some other miscellaneous group of demons. To them, it might not be at all apparent that alignment and flavor are related, since they would be scum without a terribly scummy flavor.

Alternatively, it could have been a really clumsy and unnecessary crumb, but there's no harm in wagoning that either.

@mastin, I get that you like to include ridiculous reads in your lists, but sakura hadn't even confirmed her PM according to the OP.

-kagami
:<
Moogle Dance Troupe
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by Moogle Dance Troupe »

6. Katsuki
7. Sakura Hana
16. Majiffy
20. Clyton
26. xofelf
28. Klick
^
Why do you include sakura on this list and not the goat?
Abomination
Abomination
Goon
Abomination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:13 pm

Post by Abomination »

In post 436, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:
6. Katsuki
7. Sakura Hana
16. Majiffy
20. Clyton
26. xofelf
28. Klick
^
Because it's an arbitrary list. Nero just picked names that are either A) Popular or B) sounded good in his head.

Don't worry Nero, I have your back. I understand what you're trying to do.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 430, Abomination wrote:But if you're going to make arbitrary lists, you might as well go ahead and get yourself lynched. It's unhelpful at best and scummy at worst.
no and no. I'd even argue that its MORE helpful 'cause it gets people talking and if you really don't understand why I have those players on that list then you are not paying attention which is...unhelpful. :)
In post 431, Iecerint wrote:Also usually when lots of people think someone is town with relatively little controversy ala Clyton that person is usually town. Scum feel awkward dethroning people, especially when the throning is caused by such ambiguous things.
I don't agree with this. First, ad populism is stupid and is the 'cause of 95% of all mislynchs. Second, if Clyton is scum but getting town read...why would scum try to dethrone him?
6. Katsuki
7. Sakura Hana
16. Majiffy
20. Clyton
26. xofelf
28. Klick
^
Its hana and I'd pl that in a heartbeat. :)
In post 437, Abomination wrote:
6. Katsuki
7. Sakura Hana
16. Majiffy
20. Clyton
26. xofelf
28. Klick
^
Because it's an arbitrary list. Nero just picked names that are either A) Popular or B) sounded good in his head.

Don't worry Nero, I have your back. I understand what you're trying to do.
AHHHHH! I see you rolled scum afterall. I've talked about 80% of these reads so telling the town that my list is arbitrary looks like nothing more than discrediting.

Abomination
Abomination
Goon
Abomination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by Abomination »

I know your MO. First you get on some popular wagons (which you have). Then you start going 'this player is scum', 'that player is scum' (which you have as well), with very little progression from one read to another. Then you shout at the town to narrow down to your arbitrary list of players till you're blue in the face (which you are in the process of doing). And when no one listens you'll hop onto whatever wagon has the most traction. This is your scumplay from how I remember it. Tell me what you are doing differently? What about that is the pro-town thing? Getting players talking is one thing. What you are doing is asking everyone permission if we can lynch someone. You can call my wagon a"policy lynch" all you want. You can justify Sakura's inclusion on your list as a "policy lynch". All I see are EXCUSES to wash your hands of the lynch later. If we were to get policy lynched, when we flip town you'd be one of those players saying "it was a policy lynch, totally necessary, yep guys." You want to claim that you have 8 scumreads you want to lynch? Stop asking everyone else for permission and take some responsibility for your reads. Because no matter how you dress it up, all you're doing right now is trying to let others make reads for you to agree with later.

I think listmaking is scummy because it allows scum to ask for permission to pursue reads, rather than taking their reads into their own hands. Scum can only fake their reads so much before it starts to unravel.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Scum can do cheap distancing by voicing vague suspicion or uncertainty on a well-liked scumfriend without intent to follow-up on it. This is the cheapest, freest way to distance ever.

This is why Dan's behavior is no longer town if Katsuki flips scum, as his behavior could be an instance of that if Katsuki flips scum.

Tbh I might have a different take on the dan stuff if I wasn't also kinda not sure what was up with the Katsuki stuff as everyone started to praise it.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 440, Iecerint wrote:Scum can do cheap distancing by voicing vague suspicion or uncertainty on a well-liked scumfriend without intent to follow-up on it. This is the cheapest, freest way to distance ever.

This is why Dan's behavior is no longer town if Katsuki flips scum, as his behavior could be an instance of that if Katsuki flips scum.

Tbh I might have a different take on the dan stuff if I wasn't also kinda not sure what was up with the Katsuki stuff as everyone started to praise it.
ok....what are you replying to 'cause like I wasn't talking about Dan like at all.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by shos »

Im skimming through the phone, it seems I have tons pf votes on me, on kill lists, am scum in a known group, and more. You got this thoughts how, exactly?

I kinda understand the 'first post sesshumaru fishing' idea but well I didnt plan to be this inactive, that shouldnt have been a problem :/
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by Iecerint »

@ Nero -- I'm replying to this:
Nero wrote:I don't agree with this. First, ad populism is stupid and is the 'cause of 95% of all mislynchs. Second, if Clyton is scum but getting town read...why would scum try to dethrone him?
Though I have to admit that in my head I was responding to Mastin having typed that, but I now see that it was indeed you. I brought up the Dan situation because I know that Mastin didn't really understand my thoughts on Dan earlier, so it would mean something to her and would provide extra context for how this assumption on my part has colored my reads on various players.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:08 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I am so bad at tense good lord.
Abomination
Abomination
Goon
Abomination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Post by Abomination »

VOTE: Nero Cain

-Axxle

@iec: That's a really weak reason to townread both katsuki and dan, but I'll let you be scum for it.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:29 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I'm not townreading Katsuki at all. That is part of the point of all of it.
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:38 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 287, Lord Mhork wrote: Faulty logic is faulty. Let's be real: all hydra's have dissonance. By that logic, all y'all should be voted out.
If that was the case, Fenix and I would be the first ones to go (see sig).
In post 300, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:
In post 176, Young and Beautiful wrote:On a more serious note, I do think shos is scum.

- b -
On a serious note, where's your vote?

You really find a PL better than someone you think is scum?
Good question. You get townpoints.
In post 304, Young and Beautiful wrote:
In post 300, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:On a serious note, where's your vote?

You really find a PL better than someone you think is scum?
I've never actually seen a real PL materialize before. If Abomination wagon actually goes though, I would be pleasantly surprised.

shos can probably get lynched tomorrow or vigged. Or killed by another scumteam, considering that you claimed it was multiball.

- b -
You never answered the question. In fact, you kinda danced around it.
In post 327, Venmar wrote:At this point i'm doing to drop my vote here:

vote: beastcharizard
Too much effort went into justifying this vote.
In post 330, Venmar wrote:Have you just been avoiding addressing me to make that kind of post? Your silence pushed me to making that vote, and that response to it was horrid above all.
:neutral:
In post 335, Abomination wrote:
In post 90, shos wrote:tomorrow,
In post 200, shos wrote:tomorrow :)
I love ya
In post 333, shos wrote: tomorrow
You're always
A
day
Away
:lol: You can be town.
In post 339, BBmolla wrote:
In post 149, Katsuki wrote:
In post 146, Klick wrote:
In post 141, Katsuki wrote:
In post 140, Klick wrote:
In post 133, Katsuki wrote:Those nero votes (someone + klick) on pg2 were p bad
Please inform me about the error of my ways, that I may see the light.

PEdit: If we dedicate the entirety of D1 to having everyone take out Abomination, even if he flips scum, we're not going to have enough information to make good decisions later in the game. Here's a prime example of why what you're proposing is a bad idea:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=21433
Equinox wrote:Page 2 hammer in a large theme of 25 = epic winnage. (VI SHOULD KNOW.)
And no it's impossible for it to be a bad idea. Plus, you're linking a mini where the dynamics are entirely different from a large.
Does that change the fact that having a two-page D1 results in less information? We just disagree on a fundamental level about whether or not a quicklynch would help us ever.
Read the first 2 pages of MoCo.

Also, considering the current meta and that this is a 28-player game, I'm highly skeptical that you guys will get any useful information out of this day anyways. Tales uPick is a prime example, where the playerbase posted 200 pages of fluff over the first two game days. If you guys are going to follow the town of that game on that path sure go ahead, I'll just prod-dodge every 3rd day for the next two months.
Holy fuck this

Fuck 90% of these posts
Molla is town as well.

Additional townreads on Egg and Sven.
In post 355, beastcharizard wrote:Fine, we can get back to Nero Cain I guess.

UNVOTE:
This is so fake.

I'm thinking the interaction between Beast and Venmar was scum theatre. That did not look like a genuine back and forth at all.
In post 372, Rhaego wrote:VOTE: beastcharizard

Are you Scum?
In post 387, Rhaego wrote:Image

VOTE: lecerint

Are you Scum?
^Scum
In post 379, Iecerint wrote: Bulbathing's post has dichotomies that don't make sense to me.
What dichotomies, and why don't they make sense?
In post 380, Iecerint wrote:Dan is town unless Katsuki is scum.
Speaking of dichotomies that don't make sense...

On to page 17.

-Bulba
Hydra of Bulbazak and Eddie Fenix.

Embrace the dissonance.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:44 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 126, BulbaFenix wrote:Other scumreads are MDT, Beast, and Venmar. I think at least one of AD/Mhork is likely scum. I also think there is at least 1 scum on the Abomination wagon.

-Bulba
Hi Bulba, this is what I was referring to ^

When I read this i was like wtf where does this AD/Mhork foolishness come from. Sounds made-up.

As for my own dichotomies, I unpack them later when Mastin doesn't understand anything and Nero thinks I am wrong but that's the way love goes.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:47 pm

Post by Cephrir »

bump